Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Thanks everyone, thanks so much xx

Again sorry for heading so off topic!

Ye can talk again about Weightwatchers ;) xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

I just found this picture and it inspired me.
    Ye may have seen it already but said I'd post it anyway!

Attached is what 1 lb of fat looks like, as it says on the site I found it, never complain about losing .5lb again........!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

foundry wrote: »
    I just found this picture and it inspired me.
    Ye may have seen it already but said I'd post it anyway!

Attached is what 1 lb of fat looks like, as it says on the site I found it, never complain about losing .5lb again........!!!

That is pretty gross!!! Even .25 of that is good!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fatewatchers

I had my fourth weigh in on Thursday night, lost 0.5lbs! Considering it was my TOTM and I was bloated beyond reason, I am happy with that.

19 lbs lost in four weigh ins!

I picked up a pound of real butter in the shop the other day and considered what 19 of them was like.... mad to think I've lost 19 blocks of butter in weight so far in just a month!

Next week I am hoping for 2lb off so I have the 21lbs (1.5 stone) off and get my third silver seven :)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

first doctorwho,very sorry 2 hear about ur loss,i had a jack russell for 14 yrs,she died 6 yrs ago,it was like losing 1 of the family,i know what ur goin thru,things will get better,u might not feel like gettin another pet but my advice is get another,it will never replace the one that died but u will grow 2 love it 2,we have 2 dogs now,a labrador and a jack russell,their the best of buddies! now for the good news.........i was down 4lbs on thurs,delighted my hard work paid off,if i can even make half of that next week i`ll be sooo happy;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

That's awful DrWho Girl. I'm heartbroken for you .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭lly

Hi all

Hope you are all doing well with your WW plans

I have read a lot that people are eating 'pink n whites' as a low fat treat.... I have never seen them but have been intrigued and on the look out whilst shopping over the last few weeks... Cant see them anywhere. Can anyone let me know where you get them???

Also I cooked last night the pizza using a wrap (from Jwaqui's video blog). Made them for myself and a freind last night and they are delicious... Highly recommend them. Felt like a real treat and they were so low in points

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

hey all

BAD WEEKEND for me points wise. went out for dinner last night and had a prawn salad- ok thats not too bad, but i also had a baked potatoe, and the wine of course! I had saved points all day - zero soup, zero point omlette with ww bread, then had melba toast (3). but then today i was brought out for valentines day lunch. so i said to hell with it and ordered goats cheese!
    WI is tommorow and to say the least I am not a bit optimistic- my own fault. :mad:

i realy enjoyed it all though lol

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭TheScriptFan

Oh gosh I know...i went off the rails a bit on Sat...drank 18 points worth of alcohol on Sat...but was dancing alot...sure that'll count for something?? and kissing....surely i have lost a few pounds from that!! lol!!!

Forcing myself to go to my wi tonight, cos i think if i don't i'll lose focus...and it was just one bad day...so onwards and upwards....

i think i'm going to invest in a wii...my sister has one and i love it..apparently that biggest loser game is great...anyone ever played it??

have a great week....i'll post in my weight loss...hopefully not a gain tomorrow!

Oh and pink n whites...they are a marshmallow with wafer thing, I get them in Dunnes, but i'm sure tesco probably have them too...they are nicer if you put them in the microwave for a few seconds!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 E26

lly wrote: »
    Hi all

Hope you are all doing well with your WW plans

I have read a lot that people are eating 'pink n whites' as a low fat treat.... I have never seen them but have been intrigued and on the look out whilst shopping over the last few weeks... Cant see them anywhere. Can anyone let me know where you get them???

Also I cooked last night the pizza using a wrap (from Jwaqui's video blog). Made them for myself and a freind last night and they are delicious... Highly recommend them. Felt like a real treat and they were so low in points

Illy

Pink and Whites are yummie!! Got four packs of them yesterday when I was out shopping im such a gluten,:Pthey are only 58cent.. but they are so nice.. and hard to locate so I said id stock up on them when I found them.

I bought mine in Dunnes in Cornelscourt- they are usually located near the bread and pitta breads. And I got them before in Tesco in Dundrum too- they were in the isle where the biscuits are. Hope you locate them soon, as they are really low in points and a nice threat too with a cup of tea:pac:.

Just wondering which number blog is the pizza recipe on, have tried pizza by using pitta bread but would love an alternative.

Good luck to everyone this week…

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭lly

Thanks for the update re the pink n whites... I had been looking near biscuits but hadnt spotted them so will look near the bread next time. Am dying to try them as it would be great to have a sweet treat.

The pizza thing was in the previous week (week 8). It was really nice and so quick (thanks Jwacqui :D)

Also if anyone has the latest WW magazine there are some lovely recipies. I made yesterday a sausage, parsnip and potato gratin dish from there. It was lovely and so tasty. It was a dish that you could feed to anyone - would even suit a lot of blokes. Recommend that too....

Its great to have a few good receipes that are low in points so you dont feel that you are missing out too much on tasty food. I really dont like the ready meals so am enjoying finding some new receipes (that are low in points ;))

Oh gosh I know...i went off the rails a bit on Sat...drank 18 points worth of alcohol on Sat...but was dancing alot...sure that'll count for something?? and kissing....surely i have lost a few pounds from that!! lol!!!

Forcing myself to go to my wi tonight, cos i think if i don't i'll lose focus...and it was just one bad day...so onwards and upwards....

i think i'm going to invest in a wii...my sister has one and i love it..apparently that biggest loser game is great...anyone ever played it??

have a great week....i'll post in my weight loss...hopefully not a gain tomorrow!

Oh and pink n whites...they are a marshmallow with wafer thing, I get them in Dunnes, but i'm sure tesco probably have them too...they are nicer if you put them in the microwave for a few seconds!

hey i use the wii fit. I haven't played the biggest loser but another member on here said she was using it. It is only 12.99 on play.com so maybe i shud give it a go?

Oh and I was down 2lbs at WI??? Couldn't believe it after my pig fest. I had been very good all mid week and didn't really eat much else on those days (but i did have wine - and lots of it).

So I am off to use wii now and stay focused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sillybuttons

have my wi in bout an hour!! so afraid that ive put on weight!! dont know why!! went for dinner for vday last night and ate all around me!! was extremely good all week tho. am on 22 pts but was finding it hard to eat more than about 15 or so and my leader told me to stick to twenty! now im afraid that bulking it up like this has had the oppistie effect!! sigh!!!
    :confused::confused::confused::confused:

I had my fourth weigh in on Thursday night, lost 0.5lbs! Considering it was my TOTM and I was bloated beyond reason, I am happy with that.

19 lbs lost in four weigh ins!

I picked up a pound of real butter in the shop the other day and considered what 19 of them was like.... mad to think I've lost 19 blocks of butter in weight so far in just a month!

Next week I am hoping for 2lb off so I have the 21lbs (1.5 stone) off and get my third silver seven :)

well done thats an amazing loss!! if i lose another 2.5lbs i'll have lost my first stone!! so fingers crossed i'll have done it!! tho not too optimistic after vday pigout!!! :eek:

well done thats an amazing loss!! if i lose another 2.5lbs i'll have lost my first stone!! so fingers crossed i'll have done it!! tho not too optimistic after vday pigout!!! :eek:

Hi sillybuttons!

Thanks a million, it is always nice when people congratulate you and tell you how well you're doing!

I have a lot of weight to lose to have a BMI of 25.... my start weight was 21st 10lb and to have a BMI of 25 I need to be....12stone 11lb!! So, I have a pound shy of nine stone to lose :) But I'm happy with my progress so far, better to have 19lbs off than put 19lbs on with continued terrible eating and no exercise!

Everyones allowed a pigout at vday, keep doing what you're doing, stick toi your points and you will have results! I have a wee list of mini-goals and I write down the dates I've achieved them. So far, I've gotten out of the morbidly obese category, got two silver sevens (2 more lbs this week will mean a third silver seven!), achieved my 5% loss.... All in four weigh ins! WW is great, its common sense and it works for everyone who is prepared to stick to it!

What day of the week is your WI? Mine is a Thursday evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Littleblondehen

Well I've finally managed to shift that stubborn half pound!!

Making my loss 7lbs :D:D

Bang on time for my mini goal deadline :)

Hi sillybuttons!

Thanks a million, it is always nice when people congratulate you and tell you how well you're doing!

I have a lot of weight to lose to have a BMI of 25.... my start weight was 21st 10lb and to have a BMI of 25 I need to be....12stone 11lb!! So, I have a pound shy of nine stone to lose :) But I'm happy with my progress so far, better to have 19lbs off than put 19lbs on with continued terrible eating and no exercise!

Everyones allowed a pigout at vday, keep doing what you're doing, stick toi your points and you will have results! I have a wee list of mini-goals and I write down the dates I've achieved them. So far, I've gotten out of the morbidly obese category, got two silver sevens (2 more lbs this week will mean a third silver seven!), achieved my 5% loss.... All in four weigh ins! WW is great, its common sense and it works for everyone who is prepared to stick to it!

What day of the week is your WI? Mine is a Thursday evening.

My WI is on Monday evenings and im just back from this weeks! i lost 5.5lbs this week which was a total shock but im sooo delighted. ive now lost 1 stone 3 lbs and that was my third WI. hopefully i can keep it up as ive got about 3 more stone to lose!!god your doin so well and the mini goals are a great idea for keeping the motivation up!! hope it goes well on thursday!! x :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Shinners13

HI boys and girls!!!
    Well my dad is home from hospital and i booked a weeks holiday today for 6th April to Portugal so i am going back to WW tomorrow and i will be going hell for leather for the 6 weeks to my holiday!!!!
    I am a very heavy girl so i wont be bikini body in 6 weeks but i will do my best to go down a size fingers crossed im sure i can do that much anyways!!!
    I hope you all wish me luck for tomorrow i hope i dont cry when i see my weight on the scales haha!!!!!
    Can i just say you are all doing brilliantly and i hope you all continue in your weight loss andget to your goals!!
    Where is everyone from anyways? Im from KIldare and i go to a meeting beside my job in Clondalkin. I used to go on a wednesday night the leaders name is Mary and she helped me lose 5 and a half stone before but i stupidly gave up and i would be sure i have put that all back on now.
    I am going tomorrow night to get weighed just so as in my head i can get started but i will be going on a wednesday night every other week after this week.
    Does anyone else go in Clondalkin?

Ok... I'm going to ask what none of ye are asking.... ;)

ARE THERE LOW POINT PANCAKE RECIPES AROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :P

Please ;):D

Ok... I'm going to ask what none of ye are asking.... ;)

ARE THERE LOW POINT PANCAKE RECIPES AROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :P

Please ;):D
    our leader gave us this on thurs,120gm/6oz plain flour,5.5pts*1 egg,1.5pts*pinch of salt*1/2pint skimmed milk,1pt*low fat spray.whisk together flour,salt and milk.using LFS,grease pan+add sm amount of mixture enough to thinly coat pan,cook til golden.toss+continue until all batter is used.TOPPINGS=chocolate sauce=1pt per tablespoon,sugar=1/2per heaped teaspoon,lemon/lime juice=0,low cal jam=1/2 per 2 tablespoons,low fat ice cream=1pt per scoop,golden syrup=1/2per tablespoon,squirty cream=1pt tablespoon,hope this helps!enjoy:p:p

• Advertisement

they work out at 2 pts each if u make 4 lge pancakes!

hollyhock wrote: »

Thanks so much!!
    You're a star!!!

My WI is on Monday evenings and im just back from this weeks! i lost 5.5lbs this week which was a total shock but im sooo delighted. ive now lost 1 stone 3 lbs and that was my third WI. hopefully i can keep it up as ive got about 3 more stone to lose!!god your doin so well and the mini goals are a great idea for keeping the motivation up!! hope it goes well on thursday!! x :D

Aww, 5.5 lbs is fantastic, well done!!! Doesn't it feel great?!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Hi Guys

Well done to everyone who is losing keep up the good work, it is so worth it when u can fit comfortably into your clothes and dont just have to wear whatever fits.

Im 3.5lbs off my first stone so Im working really hard this week so fingers crossed.

Best of luck Shinners13 with the WI - once thats over ur back on the road to bikini babe!!!

Keep us posted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Leo25

Everyone is doing great this week, hope i'm that lucky when WI comes on thursday, only down 0.5lb last week and was a little disappointed cos i'd been so good, but at least its going in the right direction.
    Have decided to ignore the fact that its pancake tuesday today, i don't have the will power just to have one or two, i'd want twenty, so i have banned them from the house. the OH is going to his mam's for some! LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dublingal80

well i have been eating healthy for the past 3 weeks and I have lost 4.5lbs so far. When I did weight watchers before I lost 3.5 in my first week so Im back counting points from today and my weigh ins are every friday. Would LOVE to lose just the 1 this week

well done your doing really well - keep it up
    Shinners13 wrote: »
    HI boys and girls!!!
    Well my dad is home from hospital and i booked a weeks holiday today for 6th April to Portugal so i am going back to WW tomorrow and i will be going hell for leather for the 6 weeks to my holiday!!!!
    ?
    I just booked a trip away for same week - not a bikini holiday but city break. so it will keep me focused on that too.
    hollyhock wrote: »

ohhh now i think i have to make some

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Just back from WI, stayed the same as last week.

Im actuallu fairly delighted with that cos it was my bday and valtentines day so I did have a very bold weekend!

It still leaves me having lost 7 pound in 4 weeks which is still pretty good- going to be good this week though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Shinners13

Well boys and girls i bit the bullet and went and got weighed!!!
    The result is 22 stone 12.5 lbs which means i put on the 5 and a half stone i had lost and a extra 4 lbs to keep it company!!
    Ah well the past is the past and this is my fresh start and i will lose all that again and more!!
    I can only imagine how much more would have gone on if i didnt go and get weighed tonight!!
    I will be getting weighed on Wednesday nights from now on so i hope to be able to come on here next Wednesday night and give you all some good news.
    I hope everyone has good news for their weigh ins this week!! xxx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Hi, Well done to all the losers this week :) You're only brilliant Girlos !
    Shinners13, I go to Mary's Clondalkin Class on Wednesday Nights. PM me if you want the class times.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement