Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Shinners13

Hi Slaygal, i know the times thanks very much though hun i only work down the road from her class so i go straight after work on Wednesdays!!!
    Went to Theresa's class today though cos i just wanted to start fresh tomorrow didnt want to go another day!
    So how are you getting on so far then? Did you look on the ww site lately? Marys story is on it!
    Do you find her good?? She was very good to me and helped me lose a lot of weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Hi Shinners13, Mary's been on the ww website for about 2 weeks now. I find Mary great. She's very supportive and has boundless energy and enthusiasim. So far I've lost 2 stone 2 pounds but I've reached a plateau. I need to exercise more.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

Slaygal wrote: »
    Hi Shinners13, Mary's been on the ww website for about 2 weeks now. I find Mary great. She's very supportive and has boundless energy and enthusiasim. So far I've lost 2 stone 2 pounds but I've reached a plateau. I need to exercise more.
    just put a new exercise in place if you no what i mean .your body needs to get a shock of somthing new. or change routine of food. im losing the flab without exercise by doing what it says on the tin sort of speak. but i will start walking when i get used to the food side of things.

Hi went to my WI and lost a half a pound. Going to buy myself an exercise video over the next few weeks. I have been walking for 30 mins 5 days a week I feel now it's time up the anty !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Hi went to my WI and lost a half a pound. Going to buy myself an exercise video over the next few weeks. I have been walking for 30 mins 5 days a week I feel now it's time up the anty !

Congrats, Davina Mc Call DVD's are great - love her!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

hope u all enjoyed the pancakes! i went for a walk and had 3 lge ones when i got back,not doin near as good as last week but not as bad as i had being since xmas!wi 2 moro. good luck shinners13,keep chippin away at it and you`ll get there!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fendigal

Hi all..well done to all the 'loosers' this wk :D i was down 1lb again last nite so thats 11.5lbs since started not too bad..id love to get to the first stone soon. The losses seem to be smaller the last couple of wks i suppose my body is adjusting to the new way of eating, it had to slow down i guess! Maybe i should up my exercise more...
    Oh i had a half of a scone this morning with the tiniest bit of low low butter on..any ideas of points in half a scone,it wasnt a big one same size as ones you buy in tesco's or that.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

My leader says a scone is 6! I always thought it was 3 :( I'd give half with the butter 3 to be on the safe side.

Had my 6th weigh in last night, was very scared!!
    Went out for Valentines dinner and (lots) drinks on Sun followed by a hangover from hell which led to eatin a full breakfast and bangers and mash later in the day .. I was disguisted with myself that I let it go for 2 days.
    I got back on track tues and Wed (and I had points saved for the weekend - but not enough as I counted it up and nearly hit 100! :eek:

So standing on the scales I didn't know what it was gonna say. .
    -2.5lbs! Ecstatic I was ha. .5 off my first stone (of 3!)

Just goes to show u really can live a little if you are prepared to make up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Congrats Foundry!!

That's a brilliant loss! How many weeks are you at it now!
    It's great when you can see the goal coming at a nice pace!

Thank u!!

I'm at it 6 weeks now, aiming to be at goal for July/Aug. Hope to book a holiday soon to give me another boost!

I'm beginning to see my body change, my boss said my neck has got leaner.. lol she wouldn't me that complimentary so result!!
    My bf said my bum is gettin smaller! These comments really boost my motivation.

I have to say that the one thing that is workin for me is the I am in the zone.

I'v dieted b4 and never got on as well as this. The key to my success is my head is in the right place and knowing I can and more importantly will do this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fatewatchers

I have my WI tonight, feel very nervous about it for some reason even though I know I've been good.. I had no valentines dinner, no drinks, no pancakes..... but I just have a feeling I'll have a bad result this week!

Oh well, we shall see at 6.30 eh?!

Congrats to ye on your losses though, it is great to get positive results :)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fendigal

thanks foundry,,it says 3 in the ww book, but i suppose scones can prob vary. Im gonna say 3.5pts to b on safe side. I could have nearly wrote your last post myself,,i have 11.5 lbs gone in last 5 wks hopin to get d stone nxt wk :( and ive about the same amount of weight to loose as urself, hopin to reach goal mid to late july or be close to it. My work collegues have commented how they notice the weight fallin off its a great boost! Im so in the zone this time..ive dietin so much over my life and its just goin well for some reason this time.
    Can i ask did you do a lot of exercise this wk to make up for the wknd, wat exercise do you do? I have a dinner this wknd with family an i dont wanna mess up the whole wknd.
    Well done btw on the loss..u must have been ecstatic!

Thanks fendi! God we are alike !

I did a lot of exercise last week b4 and after "the bender"!

B4 i saved up 3 points per day for 3 days and i either walked/jogged, swam or went to water aerobics b4 and after. I def stepped up the exercise for pure fear!!
    I have to wonder if I hadn't ate and drank so much how much would I have lost?? U know what I mean? I know it's silly but I can't help it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fatewatchers

Wanted to see if my ticker is working yet... how many posts do I have to have before I'm allowed have a sig?!

edit : aaah, there it is, excellent!

Oh its up fate! Welcome to the ticker gang, the weeks fly around. I get very excited changin my stats!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

foundry wrote: »
    My leader says a scone is 6! I always thought it was 3 :( I'd give half with the butter 3 to be on the safe side.

Had my 6th weigh in last night, was very scared!!
    Went out for Valentines dinner and (lots) drinks on Sun followed by a hangover from hell which led to eatin a full breakfast and bangers and mash later in the day .. I was disguisted with myself that I let it go for 2 days.
    I got back on track tues and Wed (and I had points saved for the weekend - but not enough as I counted it up and nearly hit 100! :eek:

So standing on the scales I didn't know what it was gonna say. .
    -2.5lbs! Ecstatic I was ha. .5 off my first stone (of 3!)

Just goes to show u really can live a little if you are prepared to make up for it.
    W
    Well done, thats great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Soo I'm down 3lb in 2 weeks :( 2.5 in week 1 and 0.5 last week - although with Valentines day and pancake tuesday in the one week it was never going to be pretty!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Three pound in 2 weeks is great!! Do NOT beat yourself up! No sadfaces!! You're doing great!! xxx :D

WoW! Misslt 3 pounds in 2 weeks is great :D Most people gain weight a pound at time over many years so don't get disheartened if it takes a while to lose weight. I read that it takes most people between 18 months and 2 years to lose weight. A loss is a loss as one of the lovely ladies here always types.
    Pembily thanks for recommending Davina McCall's DVD. I'll get it over the next couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 spontits

hi everyone,
    today is the beginning of week 3 for me, had my 3rd weigh in last night. lost 5lb in 1st week, and then only 2 in the last week. got a silver 7... didnt even know what it was for. so half a stone in 2 weeks, delighted!

i'm working crazy hours, some days i'm in work at 5am, so i'm up at 3.30, and find myself eating lots more junk, other days i'mnot home till 2am, so its messy, but after the 1st week,i bought lots of the ww branded snacks, and have been tracking all the time, havent gone over my 23 daily points yet.

aim for this weekis to up the anti on the excercise, havent done a tap since i started, been exhausted from work :(

what i have learnt is portion control... my god, my normal bowl of cereal (over flowing from the bowl, doused in sugar) would be about 4 times reccommended size ha ooopsie.. no wonder been piling on the weight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭CurranBun

Can i ask a question? sorry if im in the wrong thread.... im on the WW points plan... i am going out for a friends birthday this weekend, to a Pizza Place!! and i know Pizzas are prob one of the worst things to eat...
    What should i get???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Heres my update for the week!!

Lost 1.5lb, total loss 4st 9.5lb! Thrilled!! :D

Well done on all the losses! Keep it all up!! We can all get to goal!! :D

CurranBun wrote: »
    Can i ask a question? sorry if im in the wrong thread.... im on the WW points plan... i am going out for a friends birthday this weekend, to a Pizza Place!! and i know Pizzas are prob one of the worst things to eat...
    What should i get???

hay check out this site it has all the points of different restaurants including dominos, pizza hut etc. Pizza places are pretty high so increase your exercise, save some points and just enjoy the night

http://ukladyluck.co.uk/pizza-hut/

• Registered Users Posts: 22 spontits

Have u lost all that weight in just 10 weeks?? thats a huge loss, well done!!

also by any chance do u know how many points were in your rice crispie buns.. they looked delish!

spontits wrote: »
    Have u lost all that weight in just 10 weeks?? thats a huge loss, well done!!

also by any chance do u know how many points were in your rice crispie buns.. they looked delish!

No!! Nearly 5stone in ten weeks! I'm not that good! :p Thats just when I started the videos on youtube!

They were 1point each! YUMMY! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

Jwacqui wrote: »
    No!! Nearly 5stone in ten weeks! I'm not that good! :p Thats just when I started the videos on youtube!

They were 1point each! YUMMY! :p

Well done Jacqui, thats an amazing week given how much you have lost so far! Any chance of letting us know the recipe for rice krispie buns (as in, is it different than melted choc with rice krispies ha)?

btw was wondering, anyone have any tips on how to deal with water retention? I have been retaining so much for 2 weeks and its really hard to stay motivated when I am sticking to points and exercising and then staying the same for 2 weeks, then having big loss on the 3rd week? I know a loss is a loss but I would rather loose a little each week than nothing and then a big drop

Millieboo wrote: »
    Well done Jacqui, thats an amazing week given how much you have lost so far! Any chance of letting us know the recipe for rice krispie buns (as in, is it different than melted choc with rice krispies ha)?

It is I am thrilled! My weight loss is slowing down a fair but I still have 2.5stone to goal.
    It was just melted choc and rice krispies! Although I got mini marshmallows and put them in too! :p
    Millieboo wrote: »
    btw was wondering, anyone have any tips on how to deal with water retention? I have been retaining so much for 2 weeks and its really hard to stay motivated when I am sticking to points and exercising and then staying the same for 2 weeks, then having big loss on the 3rd week? I know a loss is a loss but I would rather loose a little each week than nothing and then a big drop

Some people are just different. We don't all lose weight the same way. I think the most important thing about weight loss is getting your head into the right place. I think you need to be happy and accept you are getting healthier and in time it will come off! Be patient!

In the mean time make sure you are getting enough water! It will flush it out!

Thanks Jacqui - I know you're right, its just I am so impatient lol :p. But ww is working so I will stay in the zone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Three pound in 2 weeks is great!! Do NOT beat yourself up! No sadfaces!! You're doing great!! xxx :D
    WoW! Misslt 3 pounds in 2 weeks is great :D Most people gain weight a pound at time over many years so don't get disheartened if it takes a while to lose weight. I read that it takes most people between 18 months and 2 years to lose weight. A loss is a loss as one of the lovely ladies here always types.

Ahh yeah I know that and I'm happy - just the last time I did it I had nearly the half stone gone by now (it slowed down after that :p) I'm just far too impatient and want it gone now!

Slowly slowly catchy monkey!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement