Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fatewatchers

Millieboo wrote: »
    btw was wondering, anyone have any tips on how to deal with water retention? I have been retaining so much for 2 weeks and its really hard to stay motivated when I am sticking to points and exercising and then staying the same for 2 weeks, then having big loss on the 3rd week? I know a loss is a loss but I would rather loose a little each week than nothing and then a big drop

Hiya Millieboo,

I feel your pain, I get like that and it's horribly uncomfortable :( I can recommend either HRI Water Balance capsules (from any good health food shop) or Waterfall, available from your chemist. I get very bad bloating at the time of my period every month, I look 7-8 months pregnant each time!! Started taking Water Balance last month and it's made a difference for sure.

I've heard peppermint tea is good in this area too, as are any supplements with dandelion or parsley extracts. Of course, the best way to shed the water retention is to drink loads of water. You're holding onto water because you may be slightly dehydrated... drinking water really does make a difference.

Going to the 6 o clock weigh in tonight instead of the later one I usually go to! Just want to get it out of the way, am dreading it! Wish me luck ladies!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

Hiya Millieboo,

I feel your pain, I get like that and it's horribly uncomfortable :( I can recommend either HRI Water Balance capsules (from any good health food shop) or Waterfall, available from your chemist. I get very bad bloating at the time of my period every month, I look 7-8 months pregnant each time!! Started taking Water Balance last month and it's made a difference for sure.

I've heard peppermint tea is good in this area too, as are any supplements with dandelion or parsley extracts. Of course, the best way to shed the water retention is to drink loads of water. You're holding onto water because you may be slightly dehydrated... drinking water really does make a difference.

ooo great tips will def buy some of them this weekend - kinds gross question though...does it make you pee alot taking those tablets haha - sorry?

Nice to hear someone else suffers it too!

p.s. good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sillybuttons

has anyone got any ideas for low points snack as im getting fed up with the stuff im using!! ie velvet crunch and pink and whites!

weight.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

has anyone got any ideas for low points snack as im getting fed up with the stuff im using!! ie velvet crunch and pink and whites!

[/url]

I'm the queen of treats!!!!!

Meanies multi pack (1.5)
    Tayto LFCs (2)
    Weightwatchers brand crisps (1)

Funsize crunchie (1.5)
    Funsize malteasers (1.5)
    Funsize Milky Way stars (1.5)
    Curly Wurly (2.5)
    Multipack flake (3)
    Haribo treat pack (1)
    Special K mini breaks (1.5)

All I can think of at the mo!!

Delighted to report good news from this weeks weigh in! A loss of

-2.5 pounds!!!!!

Whoop whoop!!!

Heading to gym now again! Please god I can keep losing (obviously it'll be smaller amounts and I'll be glad!)

Congrats for all the good work on this thread this week everyone!

Meanies multi pack (1.5)
    Tayto LFCs (2)

Funsize crunchie (1.5)
    Funsize malteasers (1.5)
    Curly Wurly (2.5)
    Multipack flake (3)
    Haribo treat pack (1)

-2.5 pounds!!!!!

Whoop whoop!!!

Heading to gym now again! Please god I can keep losing (obviously it'll be smaller amounts and I'll be glad!)

Fantastic loss - congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

misslt wrote: »
    Soo I'm down 3lb in 2 weeks :( 2.5 in week 1 and 0.5 last week - although with Valentines day and pancake tuesday in the one week it was never going to be pretty!

Misslt if I had lost 3lb in 2 weeks I would be delighted - due to me not controlling what goes into my mouth my weightloss has slowed - I lost 50lb in total so far and probaly my aveage weightloss was 1lb - 2lb a week, 3lb in 2 weeks is 1.5lb a week - that is average and at that rate in 5 weeks (Easter Sunday) you will have lost over A STONE :D
    Jwacqui wrote: »
    Heres my update for the week!!

Lost 1.5lb, total loss 4st 9.5lb! Thrilled!! :D

Well done on all the losses! Keep it all up!! We can all get to goal!! :D

Congrats Jwaqui - great loss as normal - even after your amazing night out - what did we say - you probably enjoyed it so much the weight ran away with excitement :D

-2.5 pounds!!!!!

Whoop whoop!!!

You well and truely have your mojo back :D:D:D

Congrats xx

Quick question guys - how many points is there in a Cadburys Creme Egg? Been told 3.5 and 4 (.5 point means alot ha)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 spontits

3 and half per cadburys creme egg... worth it tho... i looove them.. and they only around a lil while longer :):)

• Advertisement

spontits wrote: »
    3 and half per cadburys creme egg... worth it tho... i looove them.. and they only around a lil while longer :):)

Yay thats the answer I wanted! thanks :)

Hi folks!

Just in from weigh-in. Well, I'm not even kidding, I should never, ever try to estimate my own weight loss. I thought I'd nothing lost, or was even up a few pounds... hopped on the scales and.....

-6LB

Couldn't believe it! I've lost 25lbs now in five weigh ins, long may it continue!

Millie, I found drinking extra water made me need the loo more than the supplement I was taking! But sure it's all good!

Hi folks!

Just in from weigh-in. Well, I'm not even kidding, I should never, ever try to estimate my own weight loss. I thought I'd nothing lost, or was even up a few pounds... hopped on the scales and.....

-6LB

Couldn't believe it! I've lost 25lbs now in five weigh ins, long may it continue!

Millie, I found drinking extra water made me need the loo more than the supplement I was taking! But sure it's all good!

25lbs in 5 WI -OMG thats amazing!!!!! Congratulations. Whats your secret???

• Registered Users Posts: 22 spontits

down 6... whooop whooop

well done!!! :):)

whats the secret hah

Millieboo wrote: »
    25lbs in 5 WI -OMG thats amazing!!!!! Congratulations. Whats your secret???

3 things that I'm being strict on!

Track EVERYTHING and be honest about the points values. I even write down stuff that's zero points because I want a clearer idea of what I am and am not eating.

Portion control!!!!

Exercise - I'm walking every day now, this time 5 weeks ago I wasn't walking anywhere ever. Now it's about 3-5 miles a day whilst the wee one is in school.

Track EVERYTHING and be honest about the points values. I even write down stuff that's zero points because I want a clearer idea of what I am and am not eating.

Portion control!!!!

Exercise - I'm walking every day now, this time 5 weeks ago I wasn't walking anywhere ever. Now it's about 3-5 miles a day whilst the wee one is in school.

Well good on you, I am crazy jealous but thrilled for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Portion control!!!!

Fair play to you!!!! You could get your second stone next week :)

Think I need to restart the points just for a while, I will start Friday week after my birthday, need a kick start!!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fendigal

foundry wrote: »
    Thanks fendi! God we are alike !

I did a lot of exercise last week b4 and after "the bender"!

B4 i saved up 3 points per day for 3 days and i either walked/jogged, swam or went to water aerobics b4 and after. I def stepped up the exercise for pure fear!!
    I have to wonder if I hadn't ate and drank so much how much would I have lost?? U know what I mean? I know it's silly but I can't help it!!!

Yeah ive had those wks where i thought i hadnt done too well an i was dwn 2.5lbs i was thinkin what if i hadnt had d nite out how much would i be down but then there's a wk like last wk where i thought i had been pretty good an i only lost 1lb but feck it a pound is loads in a week i had just got used to loosing the bigger numbers for first few wks it couldnt keep goin that way.
    i tink that i need to really up the exercise this week, and see how i go!sounds like all d exercise u did lst nite really paid off las wk! i sometimes dont eat all my points in my day but iv been readin u shouldnt hold anymore than 4 for d nxt day so thats something im gonna do different.
    Ah well we'll get there..

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

wasn`t expecting too much this week,was delighted down 1.5lbs! i think walking is helping,have walked every day for last 2 weeks bar 2 so i`ll def keep it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Pembily wrote: »
    Congrats Jwaqui - great loss as normal - even after your amazing night out - what did we say - you probably enjoyed it so much the weight ran away with excitement :D

You well and truely have your mojo back :D:D:D

Congrats xx

Haha That made me laugh out loud!!! It must have!! :D

• Advertisement

Meanies multi pack (1.5)
    Tayto LFCs (2)

Funsize crunchie (1.5)
    Funsize malteasers (1.5)
    Curly Wurly (2.5)
    Multipack flake (3)
    Haribo treat pack (1)

-2.5 pounds!!!!!

Whoop whoop!!!

wow well done and thanx so so much for ideas. much appreciated!!:D:p

Hi folks!

-6LB

wow you are doin so so well!! thats is an amazing loss! well done!!! :D

Portion control!!!!

Wonderful work!!!
    You've a great routine and that's what you need to be successful at WW I think!!
    Congrats!

Do you know this thread is just the business isn't it!!! :D Weightwatchers should put a link to it on their page! You're all a great advertisement for it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Arkmar

Hi guys, was only delighted with myself when I found this forum... My WW story thus far... had a baby, and as you do, I put on loads of weight, never knew exactly how much because I was one of those people who never weighed themselves and lived in denial telling myself I was happy with my body. Long story short, I decided in Jan last yr to join WW. Now just over a year later I have lost 67 pounds and am feeling great about it... problem now is, it took me 2 wks to loose the half pound I needed to reach goal, now on wk 2 of maintencance I've only gone and lost 3lbs in one week, and i'm now 4 pounds under goal... What is the deal with that, If I go 5lbs under do I not receive a gold card.

by the way... I was eating rings around me in celebration of reaching goal and have no idea how I lost a further 4lbs , I couldn't do it if I tried before... but some ppl in my circle are looking at me as if i've jumped on the anorexia train... warning me not to go too far... Im not, i'm quite happy now at 10.4... hardly anorexic is it... (same ppl that were trying to loose weight also and unfortunately didn't succeed btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Hi everyone

Great to hear all the fantastic weight losses Im thrilled for all of u!!!

Well went to WI last nite thinking Id done ok this week and I was up 1lb absolutely devastated to be totally honest :(:(:(

I have been going for two walks all this week and only went out on sat for the match and I drank vodka and diet 7up. My leader said some people's bodies work in 2 week cycles and I should see it next week!!!

I hope so - im not giving up, Im just more determine this week to get back to basics of tracking, walking and drinking the water!!!

Best of luck for the rest of the week!!!

Arkmar wrote: »
    Hi guys, was only delighted with myself when I found this forum... My WW story thus far... had a baby, and as you do, I put on loads of weight, never knew exactly how much because I was one of those people who never weighed themselves and lived in denial telling myself I was happy with my body. Long story short, I decided in Jan last yr to join WW. Now just over a year later I have lost 67 pounds and am feeling great about it... problem now is, it took me 2 wks to loose the half pound I needed to reach goal, now on wk 2 of maintencance I've only gone and lost 3lbs in one week, and i'm now 4 pounds under goal... What is the deal with that, If I go 5lbs under do I not receive a gold card.

by the way... I was eating rings around me in celebration of reaching goal and have no idea how I lost a further 4lbs , I couldn't do it if I tried before... but some ppl in my circle are looking at me as if i've jumped on the anorexia train... warning me not to go too far... Im not, i'm quite happy now at 10.4... hardly anorexic is it... (same ppl that were trying to loose weight also and unfortunately didn't succeed btw)

Thats amazing, congratulations and well done you!
    Everyone is different but I know when I have lost weight before (not drastic amounts) and gotten down to about 9st 7lbs, which is perfectly healthy for my height etc...there have been freinds and family around me saying that I shouldnt go too far or that I shouldnt be loosing anymore blah,blah,blah....to be honest I think quite often it is jealousy and I cant help but notice that in practically every case it is other women who struggle with their weight who make the comments. I think your weight sounds perfectly healthy, and weight watchers would wrn you if they felt you were loosing too much!

But anyways, you're an inspiration! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

Hi all, I am one of the originals from this thread and it's been a while since I have posted. Have been reading all the posts for a while to look for inspiration and have finally bitten the bullet and gone back tracking. I have two problems that are making it a little difficult for me. First is that I am trying to save money at the minute and can't afford the ten euro a week. I know that sounds silly but it's a bad time. I have started weighing myself on the wii fit at the same time each week and keeping track of it using an app I got for my iPod. It's called iSkinny and is quite handy. I miss the motivation from the meetings but feel I can get what I need here for now. The second problem is tracking! I found one of the toughest parts was tracking in work. I don't like people knowing I am doing WW and I was so conscious of taking out the page and writing everything I eat that I was leaving stuff out. Find it much easier since I started using the iSkinny app (assume it works on iPhones as well). It's so handy because you can save favourites and stuff and now nobody knows what I am doing other than on the iPod. I am a bit patriotic and like that it's by an Irish developer and I asked for a change and it was done so definitely worth trying. So hope you are already for some moaning from me! And maybe some celebrating. I had got to my goal last year and I am not that far back from it. Want to lose about seven pounds and will be happy again. Doesn't sound a lot but when you are around your goal it's massive. Anyhow, my goal is to lose the half stone by 16th April when I am going on a hen. Will be checking in with you all for inspiration and support.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

JOJOC123 wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Great to hear all the fantastic weight losses Im thrilled for all of u!!!

Well went to WI last nite thinking Id done ok this week and I was up 1lb absolutely devastated to be totally honest :(:(:(

I have been going for two walks all this week and only went out on sat for the match and I drank vodka and diet 7up. My leader said some people's bodies work in 2 week cycles and I should see it next week!!!

I hope so - im not giving up, Im just more determine this week to get back to basics of tracking, walking and drinking the water!!!

Best of luck for the rest of the week!!!

Jojo, I'm the same as you. I was up 0.5lb this week and my leader said the same thing about the 2 week thing. I'm down a couple pounds one week or stay the same the following. Its hard not to let it get to you but I'm determined this time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Thanks for the reply boodlesdoodles - its just so frustrating but like you Im very determine this time!!

Onwards and downwards me thinks;)

• Advertisement

Jojo, I'm the same as you. I was up 0.5lb this week and my leader said the same thing about the 2 week thing. I'm down a couple pounds one week or stay the same the following. Its hard not to let it get to you but I'm determined this time!!

Agree. If you are good one week, it will show on the scales! All that hard work doesn't go away!
    But I know from experience the hard part is to keep at it even when you've stayed the same or had a gain. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement