Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Arkmar wrote: »
    Hi guys, was only delighted with myself when I found this forum... My WW story thus far... had a baby, and as you do, I put on loads of weight, never knew exactly how much because I was one of those people who never weighed themselves and lived in denial telling myself I was happy with my body. Long story short, I decided in Jan last yr to join WW. Now just over a year later I have lost 67 pounds and am feeling great about it... problem now is, it took me 2 wks to loose the half pound I needed to reach goal, now on wk 2 of maintencance I've only gone and lost 3lbs in one week, and i'm now 4 pounds under goal... What is the deal with that, If I go 5lbs under do I not receive a gold card.

by the way... I was eating rings around me in celebration of reaching goal and have no idea how I lost a further 4lbs , I couldn't do it if I tried before... but some ppl in my circle are looking at me as if i've jumped on the anorexia train... warning me not to go too far... Im not, i'm quite happy now at 10.4... hardly anorexic is it... (same ppl that were trying to loose weight also and unfortunately didn't succeed btw)

K I am going to say from my experience - my ww goal was 11st - my goal now is 10st and I could get to 9st according to BMI!!! You will still get your gold card even if you GO UNDER your goal, going under your goal is no problem unless its drastically!!! What height are you?? Unless you are very tall 10st 4 is perfect (I wanna be 10st 4) and the reason you prob lost the 3lb was cos you relaxed and didn't focus on eating - mad isnt it!!!
    JOJOC123 wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Great to hear all the fantastic weight losses Im thrilled for all of u!!!

Well went to WI last nite thinking Id done ok this week and I was up 1lb absolutely devastated to be totally honest :(:(:(

I have been going for two walks all this week and only went out on sat for the match and I drank vodka and diet 7up. My leader said some people's bodies work in 2 week cycles and I should see it next week!!!

I hope so - im not giving up, Im just more determine this week to get back to basics of tracking, walking and drinking the water!!!

Best of luck for the rest of the week!!!

Ah sweetie, that is the way it works, I remember one week I was super good I was up .5lb and another week bf took me to an Italian and I had main and starter and I lost 5lb... Makes no sense but you could be down next week, if you are up again next week after proper pointing say it your leader but you won't be xxx
    Millieboo wrote: »
    Thats amazing, congratulations and well done you!
    Everyone is different but I know when I have lost weight before (not drastic amounts) and gotten down to about 9st 7lbs, which is perfectly healthy for my height etc...there have been freinds and family around me saying that I shouldnt go too far or that I shouldnt be loosing anymore blah,blah,blah....to be honest I think quite often it is jealousy and I cant help but notice that in practically every case it is other women who struggle with their weight who make the comments. I think your weight sounds perfectly healthy, and weight watchers would wrn you if they felt you were loosing too much!

But anyways, you're an inspiration! :D

What is it about "friends" saying oh don't go too far!!! To be honest the only person's opinion I really value is my mum, at the end of the day she gave birth to me, has done the weight loss thing and won't let me go over board as she made me and won't let me get sick... I think its jealousy that you have acomplished something!!!!
    PinkChick wrote: »
    Hi all, I am one of the originals from this thread and it's been a while since I have posted. Have been reading all the posts for a while to look for inspiration and have finally bitten the bullet and gone back tracking. I have two problems that are making it a little difficult for me. First is that I am trying to save money at the minute and can't afford the ten euro a week. I know that sounds silly but it's a bad time. I have started weighing myself on the wii fit at the same time each week and keeping track of it using an app I got for my iPod. It's called iSkinny and is quite handy. I miss the motivation from the meetings but feel I can get what I need here for now. The second problem is tracking! I found one of the toughest parts was tracking in work. I don't like people knowing I am doing WW and I was so conscious of taking out the page and writing everything I eat that I was leaving stuff out. Find it much easier since I started using the iSkinny app (assume it works on iPhones as well). It's so handy because you can save favourites and stuff and now nobody knows what I am doing other than on the iPod. I am a bit patriotic and like that it's by an Irish developer and I asked for a change and it was done so definitely worth trying. So hope you are already for some moaning from me! And maybe some celebrating. I had got to my goal last year and I am not that far back from it. Want to lose about seven pounds and will be happy again. Doesn't sound a lot but when you are around your goal it's massive. Anyhow, my goal is to lose the half stone by 16th April when I am going on a hen. Will be checking in with you all for inspiration and support.

Welcome back :):) I am the exact same hate people knowing I am on ww (I am in college with only guys - all slim) so I love here as no one can see it unless I leave the page open!!! I do ww at home too due to time and money, I spent all the money before to get to goal and just can't afford it!!! Think I may even have to pay a rejoining fee :eek::eek:

My goal is 10st - I am 12lb off it and its alot, 7lb is alot too at any stage and when you are so close to goal its massive, don't knock it, its your 7lb and you will loose it and get back to your fab self!!!

Happy to report 1lb down - 10st 12 :) 12lb to goal!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Well done Pembily ! That's brilliant. Jojoc123 don't give up! Sometimes it takes a while for a loss to show. Welcome Back PinkChick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Snaggle0705

Hi everyone,
    Am new to boards.ie and this thread... I actually joined boards.ie so I could read about your journeys and get advice for my own!
    Feel guilty about 'snooping' but it's great to see so many people in the same boat...
    Joined WW 4 weeks ago and am down 11lb. Have about 40lb to go. Am heavier now than when I was pregnant and am disgusted with myself for letting it happen.
    Still, I do think you have to be in the right frame of mind to undertake this - positive attiude is half the battle.
    Am off to Prague on Sunday until Wednesday and am nervous as I don't want to put any of the weight back on. I think the answer is to control or avoid booze - when I drink, I eat anything that's not nailed down!
    Thanks for allowing me to read all of your entries - will be in touch next week and will let you know how I fare... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Hi everyone,
    Am new to boards.ie and this thread... I actually joined boards.ie so I could read about your journeys and get advice for my own!
    Feel guilty about 'snooping' but it's great to see so many people in the same boat...
    Joined WW 4 weeks ago and am down 11lb. Have about 40lb to go. Am heavier now than when I was pregnant and am disgusted with myself for letting it happen.
    Still, I do think you have to be in the right frame of mind to undertake this - positive attiude is half the battle.
    Am off to Prague on Sunday until Wednesday and am nervous as I don't want to put any of the weight back on. I think the answer is to control or avoid booze - when I drink, I eat anything that's not nailed down!
    Thanks for allowing me to read all of your entries - will be in touch next week and will let you know how I fare... :)

I went to prage last aug and came back to show a loss. You will walk the feet of yourself and it will cancel out all the wonderful beer you will be drinking. Most of the meat is griled but just be careful with Baked potatoes. The first night I asked for pbaked potato and got a normal baked potato, the next night I asked for baked potato and it was cubed roast spicy potatos and the 3rd night it was cubed roast potato with green beans and bacon all sort of mashed. Really yum.
    I really would not worry as you will be walking all day, it is a beautiful city. If you have any questions, just pm me.

I hardly ever post on this thread anymore but am delighted to tell you all that I am now down 49.5lb and still positive (most of the time) I find it really helps posting in my food diary, it really keeps me on track. I hope to hit goal by the end of this ear. My leader and I have not talked about a goal yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭MonkeySocks24

Hey all, Congrats on weight loss. I am two weeks on WW. Doing ok. Just slightly worried because I got all WW food in etc and I got loads of WW snacks in. Is it ok too have a WW dessert everyday if you have the points for it??:rolleyes: It just seems weird that I can have a sweet thing everyday and still lose weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Hey all, Congrats on weight loss. I am two weeks on WW. Doing ok. Just slightly worried because I got all WW food in etc and I got loads of WW snacks in. Is it ok too have a WW dessert everyday if you have the points for it??:rolleyes: It just seems weird that I can have a sweet thing everyday and still lose weight.

I eat junk! (too much junk!) I'm still losing weight (touch wood)
    But I am trying to reign it in! Having a healthy balance is the most important thing. :)

That is great to know Doc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

That is great to know Doc :D

No prob! Some of the healthier on here might kill me for saying it tho! ;) :P

Anyhoo don't forget you don't just have to have WW treats! There are lots of nice "real" options out there!
    For example I found I really nice low points recipe for Choc orange brownies! I have them with low fat ice cream sometimes!

I also listed treats on a page here not so long ago that have low points!

*is very, very bold! :P*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭girltatu

hey everyone, I've not been on too much in the last 2 weeks so have spent tonight catching up... and wow!! well done everyone! I went a bit off course lately and I know my problem is being full of enthusiasm for the first few weeks then losing interest. But I got loads of support on the food diary (big thanks!) so heres something I found tonight that inspired me to perservere and maybe it might help someone else out too :)

My favourite quote from it is "Healthy weight-loss is a slow process that can be frustrating at times. It's not a diet (four-letter word!), and it's not a quick-fix. It's a lifestyle change" Soooooo true!!!!

http://www.dailyspark.com/blog.asp?post=5_ways_to_keep_those_new_years_resolutions_on_track

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Shinners13

First of all congratulations to all the loosers this week god there was some great loses after Valentines and Pancake Tuesday you must all be very proud of yourselves!!!

I dont get to get on every day so i have just spent the last half hour reading all the latest posts!!!

A sweet treat that we all know which is great is Sugar free Jelly just thought i would pop it down for anyone who is looking for something new to snack on!!

Slaygal i agree Mary is fab she is so Motivating im looking forward to seeing her next week i havnt seen her in ages lol!!!

Im sure she wont be thrilled to see me after putting all the weight back on though lol!!!!

Well girls i know im only back at it 3 days now but i must say i have been very good for these 3 days!!! Stuck to my points everyday so far!!

I know i am back in the driving seat though i have the motivation in me to lose it again and more so fingers crossed my attitude doesnt change!!!

The WW Leader on Tuesday nights in Clondalkin started a challenge last Tuesday that in the 6 weeks up to the Tuesday after Easter everyone who attends every meeting and loses 6 lbs within the time frame goes in a draw and the winner gets 6 weeks weigh-ins free isnt that great motivation now????

I really think that the women who do the weight watchers meetings are great cos they push you all the way to your goals!

I hope everyone elses weeks have gotten off to good starts!

Jacqui by the way i love your video blogs they are great!!! You look fantastic and well done on the huge weight loss to date!!!

How long has it taken you to lose that much weight can i ask??

Doctor who girl you too have had brilliant weight loss well done i hope it continues for you!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭girltatu

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Heres my update for the week!!

Lost 1.5lb, total loss 4st 9.5lb! Thrilled!! :D

Well done on all the losses! Keep it all up!! We can all get to goal!! :D

Just watched your vid for the first time... yay!!! Firstly, well done on an amazing loss, and secondly, well done on being a great motivator!!!! The shots of your meals look yummmmmmmmmy!!! :D

I am dreading easter! :(. Is there any WW easter eggs??? All I can think about is food food food! Dreaming about chocolate cake:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Nothing taste as good as slim feels tho. Wearing really tight jeans today, can hardly breath but I am going to the cinema so if I wear them won't be tempted to eat!:p:p:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Hi everyone!

Haven't posted on this in ages. I was floored for about 3 weeks with a cold and I completely gave up on WW. I was having a breakfast roll in the morning, another roll, chocolate and coke for lunch and utter crap, like pizzas and takeaways for dinner. I completely stopped exercising too. I just couldn't face being exhausted and sick and then watching everything I ate as well.

I must say I am proud of myself though as I continued going to meetings throughout. The week before this I went up 2lbs but went down 1.5lbs this week and am now back on the wagon with a vengeance. It's harder than I thought to start doing it properly though. I was over Thursday but haven't been as bad today or yesterday. I'm trying to do the quick start and use 18 points, but if I go up to my usual 22 then it's not the end of the world. Going to try start exercising again now.

Just under a stone to my goal!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

I try not to spend more than 3points a day on treats but sometimes I do go over that!! :rolleyes:
    I think you'll find as you lose more weight and your points get smaller you won't want to use your points on it and will not have them as much! That's what happened me!
    When I started I had 27points and used loads on junk but now I'm allowed 20points and can't afford it!
    girltatu wrote: »
    Just watched your vid for the first time... yay!!! Firstly, well done on an amazing loss, and secondly, well done on being a great motivator!!!! The shots of your meals look yummmmmmmmmy!!! :D

Thank you so much for watching the video. I find they help me keep motivated! I love doing them!
    You'll make me blush! :o
    I have been trying to make more of an effort with my meals lately! Really want to get that 5th stone!! :P

I lost 6lbs! Woohoo! That was from sticking to my WW points and exercising! So determined to keep going! just another 44lbs to go :D

Jwacqui wrote: »
    I try not to spend more than 3points a day on treats but sometimes I do go over that!! :rolleyes:
    I think you'll find as you lose more weight and your points get smaller you won't want to use your points on it and will not have them as much! That's what happened me!
    When I started I had 27points and used loads on junk but now I'm allowed 20points and can't afford it!

I hope so. I am allowed 24pts a day. Having around 2points on WW treats.
    I had a really healthy dinner but feel so stuffed. :D. Went on a 40min brisk walk. Hope I can lose a decent amount by next sun!

Monkey socks well done you!!!!
    Thats a brilliant start keep up the good work!!
    Well now 5 days into my first week and so far so good i seem to have gotten back into the swing of it thank god went and did a big shop today for the house bought lots of healthy foods and was really good!!!
    Looking forward to weigh in on wednesday now once i keep going as i am till then!!!
    Right now i am having a muller light yogurt orange and chocolate flavour and oh my god they are gorgeous well worth 1.5 pts i got them in Dunnes today 6 pack for €2.49!!
    Theres these orange and choc ones x 2, Cherry vanilla and choc x 2 and vanilla and choc x 2 in the pack.
    Ok well i will be off now i think got to go to bed soon for work in the morning!!! Lucky me haha!

Shinners13 wrote: »
    Monkey socks well done you!!!!
    Thats a brilliant start keep up the good work!!
    Well now 5 days into my first week and so far so good i seem to have gotten back into the swing of it thank god went and did a big shop today for the house bought lots of healthy foods and was really good!!!
    Looking forward to weigh in on wednesday now once i keep going as i am till then!!!
    Right now i am having a muller light yogurt orange and chocolate flavour and oh my god they are gorgeous well worth 1.5 pts i got them in Dunnes today 6 pack for €2.49!!
    Theres these orange and choc ones x 2, Cherry vanilla and choc x 2 and vanilla and choc x 2 in the pack.
    Ok well i will be off now i think got to go to bed soon for work in the morning!!! Lucky me haha!

Wooohooo someone starting just like me :D:D
    It really helps to get the shopping in and pack the shelves with low fat healthy food because if you are anything like me I am a late night snacker and its handy just to reach for the rice cakes or whatever. Did you try the WW pizzas? so good! only 5pts and really filling. I am stuffed after it. not to bad on the purse either. The low fat tub of jelly in tescos is only 10kcals and really good if you have used up all points but starving. I bet you will do great on your weigh in! lets us know! are you keeping a food diary?? I am finding it really handy and looking at other peoples on here is giving me ideas for healthy snacks :D

Good luck of the weight loss x

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

Hi Guys, well done to everyone on the losses. You are all doing great. Good inspiration. Was down half a pound on Saturday which wasn't surprising as I had only really started back late in the week. Since then have been tracking meticulously. Sometimes going slightly over my 18 points while I get used to doing it again but I don't mind that, it's only a point or two, finding the iSkinny thing great for tracking. Need to start trying to get some exercise in, it's always been my downfall. I can walk to work, it's about fifty minutes so will try and do that a couple of times or maybe go for a jog in the evenings. Made a big pot of (almost zero) point soup, there was a small parsnip in it but other than that all zero. Had it for dinner yesterday and lunch today with some bread. Tasty and filling :-) Had prawn salads at weekend which are really low, just point worth of prawns and the rest zero point salady stuff (beetroot, pickles, tomatoes, vinegar etc). I had a wrap of it one day and had it with potato waffle another day and both were reasonably low point lunches that were quite filling. Made a spag bol on Saturday which worked out at 6.5 but was a good meal. Missed my chorizo in it but when I found out the points I willingly left it out :-) Going to have fajita tonight instead of the high point dinner I am cooking for my bf (fried chicken, buttery spuds - his favourite). Found the points for all the Old El Paso stuff on the web which is really handy. My fajita will work out about six points which is good and it's one of my favourite foods. That's a 2.5 wrap, 3 worth of chicken, and 0.5 for 1/3 of packet of fajita seasoning. The rest is peppers and onions to bulk it up. Feeling all motivated but kind of hungry all morning. I am always like that the first few days but have some low point snacks to tide me over until lunch. This is why I am slightly over my allowance but I almost need to train myself to eat less and it always takes a few days. Currently at 18 including my dinner so hopefully won't wilt too much in afternoon. I have velvet crunch just in case or a 1.5 cereal bar so will still be under 20 points at most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Milky Way

Hi everyone, finally got up courage to step on scales today! Work very long hours so WW meetings practically impossible to attend regularly so joined WW at home. Only problem is it doesn't have a weigh in as such so am afraid that without the motivation will not be successful.

Plan is: Weigh in Monday mornings, post here instead of weekly meetings.

Height: 5 4
    Start Weight: 13 2
    Target: 9 7

I realise it's a lot to lose and am prepared to lose it slowly. Have 24 points/day as have very active job. First day went well used 22. Have a wedding this weekend though so am getting nervous about how to manage that, does anyone have any tips?

Milky Way wrote: »
    Hi everyone, finally got up courage to step on scales today! Work very long hours so WW meetings practically impossible to attend regularly so joined WW at home. Only problem is it doesn't have a weigh in as such so am afraid that without the motivation will not be successful.

Plan is: Weigh in Monday mornings, post here instead of weekly meetings.

Height: 5 4
    Start Weight: 13 2
    Target: 9 7

I realise it's a lot to lose and am prepared to lose it slowly. Have 24 points/day as have very active job. First day went well used 22. Have a wedding this weekend though so am getting nervous about how to manage that, does anyone have any tips?

Hey milky Way! Welcome. Compared to me you don't have alot to lose! I am also doing WW at home! I find that keeping a diary here helps witbiggrin.gifh the motivtion. This is my third week on WW and I am down 6lbs. I also am allowed 24pts a day. If you save up points say 2pts a day until the wedding then you can relax at wedding but don't go mad! choose all the healthy options on menu, i know that weddings have limited choices! maybe skip the dessert? Drink spirits with zero or diet coke! Start up a diary so i can pop in and see how you are getting on:D
    I am delighted someone else is starting like me! :)
    Goodluck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

My weigh is tomorrow night and I can't wait. I don't know if I'll be up, down or stay the same but if I'm up or I stay the same I know it'll be from working out. I started a food diary in the other forum as well which is great because I feel really accountable for what I eat. This morning I wrote that I was going to have a wrap with turkey but when I went to shop I really wanted hot chicken. Knowing I'd have to edit my food diary made me stick with the lower points turkey! I also met my friend for lunch later and she had chips and a brownie. I was going to get a caramel slice but again, the food diary started dancing around in my head so I stuck with just a cup of tea!

That's another thing. I changed leaders last week and my new leader mentioned that 40 years ago she gave up sugar. I decided to do the same and also gave up salt. By gave up, I mean I'm no longer putting extra sugar or salt into anything. When I used to have tea I would have five or six (!!!) heaped spoons of sugar in my tea but now I have gone cold turkey and I don't miss it at all. I've also swapped my diet coke for water and I feel so unwell if I don't drink enough water, whereas before I could go days without drinking anything. I do plan to figure out how to reduce my sugar and salt intake but that's the next step.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sillybuttons

Had my WI last night and was down 2lbs! Total loss so far in 4 WI is
    1 stone 5lbs. 23lbs to go!! hopefully my next WI i'll get to 1 1/2 stone!! my results are a bit mad like, the first week i lost 9.5lbs second 2lbs third 5.5lbs this week 2lbs! dont know what to expect next week! am trying to change things around this week and exercise more! im moving in with my bf next week so hopefully all the lifting of boxes will pay off!! lol;)

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

lost 4 n half pound this morning. was 23.4 . now22.13 nhalf . lost all that in 5weeks. so proud of it:D:D:D:D:D

Monkey Socks we can keep each other motivated on here now!!
    I dont use the food diary cos i might not get on every day i use a tracker diary i bought one last week for €5.25 and it covers 12 weeks so its handy!!

My WI is tomorrow night im not looking forward to it cos i know i was pretty good but its still the thing of you never know until you actually get on the scales!
    I had a hospital appointment yesterday and they weighed me at 2 lbs less so im hoping it will be at least that.
    My dinner today was potato, veg and steak cooked in Fry light so i hope i was healthy enough!!!
    Yesterfay i went to liffey valley after my appointment with my mam and we were shopping for a while and then at 6 o'clcok we went up to get a drink in the food hall and my mam was hungry (so was i by the way!) so i got her her favourite a harry ramsdens and i didnt have anything i was very proud of myself lol!!!
    Then i came home and made homemade spag bol which was gorgeous 100 times nicer than the jars of stuff we would normally always use.
    So i hope all my hard work pays of tomorrow night!!

Blond 45 well done you!!! Keep up the good work now!!

Silly buttons good woman god you are flying i bet you feel great!!

Ergonomics fingers crossed for you!!

Milky Way to actually start is the hardest its easy after that once you use the points you have wisely!!

Pinkchick you mustnt be far off your goal if your on 18 points???

Good luck to all weighing in i will come on tomorrow night and let you all know how i got on! x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sillybuttons

Good luck with your WI shinners! hope all goes well! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

Shinners13 wrote: »
    Monkey Socks we can keep each other
    Pinkchick you mustnt be far off your goal if your on 18 points???

Good luck to all weighing in i will come on tomorrow night and let you all know how i got on! x

I am 6.5 pounds from my goal at the minute but have been on 18 points since I started. I was always a less to lose member but that doesn't make it any easier!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fendigal

Hi all..great losses so far this week, well done to all! sillybuttons thats a brilliant result u must be thrilled. I have weigh in tonite..dont feel too confident, i wasnt v bad but did have dinner out at wknd, i tried to go for healthy options on menu, but you never know..oh well time will tell! Wish me luck ..
    Btw does anyone recommend any of the herbal teas that are said to aid weight loss like the pu-erh or oolong tea?

• Advertisement

fendigal wrote: »
    Hi all..great losses so far this week, well done to all! sillybuttons thats a brilliant result u must be thrilled. I have weigh in tonite..dont feel too confident, i wasnt v bad but did have dinner out at wknd, i tried to go for healthy options on menu, but you never know..oh well time will tell! Wish me luck ..
    Btw does anyone recommend any of the herbal teas that are said to aid weight loss like the pu-erh or oolong tea?

It may be in my head but I think Qi Green Tea Plus makes me eat less, I tend to drink it if I am having a sweet craving and I do find it helps the weight loss. It could also be in my head but think most of those are!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement