Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

My weekly update!! Had a gain of 1.5lb but not to worry! Think it was down to girly issues!! Roll on next week and a loss!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Sinemo

I couldn't believe it, after 6months I have reached my goal and lost 1stone 8pounds!! Here goes to three weeks of maintenance!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

Sinemo wrote: »
    I couldn't believe it, after 6months I have reached my goal and lost 1stone 8pounds!! Here goes to three weeks of maintenance!!:D

Aw Congratulations! Thats the same amount that I have to loose to reach my goal - 10.5lbs gone, 11.5 to go! Good luck maintaining.:D

Just wondering is your WW goal the same as you personal goal?

Hey Jacqui - I feel for you, hate when you feel you've had excellent week and the scales just doesn't show it....but your right to focus on how you feel rather than the number!
    well done on the jeans, I'll be delighted when I go down a size, have a load in my wardrobe that I cant fit into - it will be like having a bunch of new clothes to choose from ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Just back from my weigh. Stayed the exact same which has never happened before but as I said before, I went to the gym or worked out most days so I'm still happy. Well I say I'm happy; it is disheartening not to see a loss but this morning I noticed I'm starting to see muscle tone in my arms and abs for the first time ever so I'm focusing on that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Hi folks don't think I have posted on this thread before but have to join ww tonight cos I'm getting so depressed about weight. Every time I join I lose then stop going and put it back on! It's very disheartening. I have 3 kids and its a bit of a nightmare organising babysitters to go to meetings but I suppose I need to think of this as important and not me 'treating' myself by leaving the house without them if you know what I mean. Have to get my priorities straight. Need to lose about 70 pounds!!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Sinemo

Millieboo wrote: »
    Just wondering is your WW goal the same as you personal goal?

The ww goal they set me was a tad below my personal goal. But I decided that for bmi purposes that I'd go for theirs! :)

Sinemo wrote: »
    The ww goal they set me was a tad below my personal goal. But I decided that for bmi purposes that I'd go for theirs! :)

Oh excellent! Well done!
    The goal they set me is higher then what I would like to weigh but I guess theres plenty of time to worry about that when I actually reach their goal haha! Should probably worry about that first, before worrying about personal goal.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Oh excellent! Well done!
    The goal they set me is higher then what I would like to weigh but I guess theres plenty of time to worry about that when I actually reach their goal haha! Should probably worry about that first, before worrying about personal goal.:D

My personal goal is 1stone lower than my WW goal, I reached my WW goal and it took me 3 years to focus fully on getting the last 1stone!!!

Reach one goal at a time :)

Pembily wrote: »
    My personal goal is 1stone lower than my WW goal, I reached my WW goal and it took me 3 years to focus fully on getting the last 1stone!!!

Reach one goal at a time :)

Oh well done, its nice to hear its possible! I know, I know, one lb at a time...I am just so impatient ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Oh well done, its nice to hear its possible! I know, I know, one lb at a time...I am just so impatient ha.

The first thing my leader said to me was: "You didn't put it on over night so you won't lose it over night!"

ergonomics wrote: »
    The first thing my leader said to me was: "You didn't put it on over night so you won't lose it over night!"

Oh tell me about, I know! Its just that out of 6 weigh-ins I have stayed the same 3 of them. It just gets frustrating when you work really hard and think you have a great week only to stay the same.....but I do know that its better than gaining. Doing my best to stay positive! I am going to do this time!!!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Shinners13

Well boys and girls i had my weigh-in tonight and i was down 8 LBS!!!!!!!!
    I am absolutely over the moon about this!
    I have a long long road ahead of me but that has given me a huge boost to believe that i can achieve my goal once i keep on doing as i am doing!!
    I went to a different class last week for my first weigh-in cos i couldnt make the Wednesday night in Clondalkin that i went to the last time i was on weight watchers (which i lost over 5 stone going to but i have put it all back on) but anyways so it was my first time back in my old leaders class and when she saw me in the queue to get weighed she came over and gave me a big hug and all she is such a lovely lady i am thrilled to have her as my leader!!!

Foxy06 I have alot more than you to lose hun but i am motivated to lose it and i am capable of losing it and so are you!!!!!
    Get yourself to a meeting and start fresh forget about the past it cant change by worrying about it!!
    We will do it together and both be skinny minnies soon enough!! xxxx

Pinkchick i can well believe that the last stone is the hardest to lose so i know it is very hard for you in comparison to me the more you have to lose i think the easier it is to lose weight!!!
    You can get back to your goal though aim for 1 lb a week and fingers crossed u will get there sooner rather than later!!

Sinemo big congratulations on getting to goal that is a huge achievement you must be over the moon with yourself!!

Anyways girls thats it from me for tonight i will be on again soon im sure!!

xxxxxx

I am biting the WW bullet and going to a meeting tomorrow at 11:30am, first time in 2 years!!! Hope to be 10st 12 as I am on my scales!!! Will do points for a week I think and give myself a kick in the ass!!!

Will update tomorrow!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Pembily wrote: »
    I am biting the WW bullet and going to a meeting tomorrow at 11:30am, first time in 2 years!!! Hope to be 10st 12 as I am on my scales!!! Will do points for a week I think and give myself a kick in the ass!!!

Will update tomorrow!!:rolleyes:

Best of luck Pem!!! x

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Had WI tonight, wasn't a great week felt like sh*t q'ing for the scales, was sure I was going to stay the same or worst be up such a terrible feelin however I was 1lb down :eek:

Got my blue stone in the class, was morto ha but loved it all the same! :p

I was very relaxed this week and then felt so quilty about it all, it's just not worth the fear. This week I am upping the exercise again see how that goes.

Good luck to one n all :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Leo25

Hey everyone, well done this week!!
    Have my WI tonight and as always i'm dreading it!! even tho, i've been good all week, i'm still dreadin it! Lost 1lb last week and was disappointed cos i had been so good and only lost 1.5lb in two weeks!! it gets slightly disheartening when you keep at it and don't see it on the scales!!
    But hey at least its going in the right direction and i have seen a difference clothes wise, gettin to wear clothes, that i hadn't been able to in ages!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Hello All,
    Well done to all the loosers, Shinners13 I think we're going to class at the same time.
    I put on 2lbs and I'm annoyed so time to get serious. I've been half heartedly pointing since January. Back on the 2litres of water and tracking everything. Jacqwai sorry you had a bad week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

I lost a stone in 7 weeks, booyaaaa!!!!

here's to the much harder second stone to lose...
    In order to aid this i have decided to sign up for a 5k for 5 weeks running thing.
    me running, oh sweet jesus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Snaggle0705

Well done to you!
    Great to see all the success stories...
    Lost 9lb in 3 weeks (57lb to go!) - am just back from Prague - my legs are 2" shorter - and up a lb... am back on track now - it's easy when you're in your normal routine...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Arkmar

Leo25 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, well done this week!!
    Have my WI tonight and as always i'm dreading it!! even tho, i've been good all week, i'm still dreadin it! Lost 1lb last week and was disappointed cos i had been so good and only lost 1.5lb in two weeks!! it gets slightly disheartening when you keep at it and don't see it on the scales!!
    But hey at least its going in the right direction and i have seen a difference clothes wise, gettin to wear clothes, that i hadn't been able to in ages!!!

Hi Leo25,

I wouldn't be disheartened if I were you. I've lost 67lb in just over a year, so it's only 3lb shy of 5 stone. I was only loosing an avg of 1 to 1.5lb per week, some weeks I would only loose half a pound, then some weeks I'd loose 2lbs. I feel great now and the fact that I lost it gradually means I'll have a better chance of keeping it off. Remember, only a lifestyle change will change your eating habits for good... there's no use looking for a quick fix because it will pile back on as soon as you start the old habits again... You should be delighted with yourself at loosing 1lb a week, it all adds up. Congratulations...

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Hi Guys

I have my WI tonite and im kinda dreading it - havent been too bad this week I dont think!!!!

Have walked most days and tracked as much as i could. Was up 1lb last week so was kinda disheartened but fingers crossed - I will be back on later to let u all know!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sillybuttons

has anyone else had this problem: ive always had dry skin and mild eczema but since starting ww my skin has gotton v v dry! dont think its down to the cold weather because is only just got really bad! especially my face and hands! my knuckles are in bits!! :eek: i know people are gonna say drink more water but i read somewhere it could be from a lack of oil in my diet now! has anyone had the same problem? any advice? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

Hi, I have quite dry skin and tbh I haven't found it any worse. I am drinking a lot of water. A few years back I started drinking hot water, honey and lemon and noticed a huge difference to my skin, very noticeable. Maybe it would be worth a half point to have a teaspoon of honey each day. you could put it in a yogurt, hot water and lemon, or even just eat it straight. Worth a try anyhow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Leo25

You right Arkmar - got to do this slowly and it will stay off this time!! Congrats to you on your loss, thats amazing - really inspiring.

Sillybuttons - I'm having the same problem at the moment, my skin can get dry sometimes but since starting WW its gone really bad, especially my hands and lips!! Think i'll take Pinkchick's advive and try the honey and lemon - I can't drink anymore water than i already am!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Hi everybody

I did WW a few years ago with great results. I'd like to go back on it again for a little while to lose about 10 lbs that I can't seem to shift through exercise alone! I kept all of my WW paraphanalia, books, blank tracker forms, shopping guide/recipe books and so on but I'm wondering if there have been any changes to the program?

Are points still calculated the same way (calories/saturated fat)?
    How many bonus points can be earned in one week?

Those are the two main queries I had, perhaps I'll think of more later ;)

Leo25: Make sure the water isn't boiling, it changes the properties of honey or something scientific like that and you aren't meant to do it. I used to use boiling and add a bit of cold (like milk in tea) before I put the honey in. As an aside, I find the Nivea for Extra Dry Skin body lotion really good. Without it I itch and scratch until I bleed so my skin is pretty bad.

Vibrant: There was a new plan introduced last year, some people's allowances changed slightly on it, mine stayed the same. I didn't really notice that much difference. Before there was the point and the core and now there is only the one so I think it was more of a change for those on the core plan. Bonus points are calculated depending on your weight, time of activity and how strenuous, probably the same as before. I think the new plan focuses more on Filling Foods but basically it's much the same. I am sure if you follow the old one you won't go that far wrong. Oh, and points are still calculated the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

That's interesting! When I did it before, for example walking "casually" or "briskly" were the sort of guidelines for exercise... it's good that your weight is calculated into isn't it?

That's not a big enough change in the points system to get me to sign up for weekly classes, so I think I'll keep my old stuff and see how it goes at first. I just find the meetings a bit crap to be honest, my old leader thought that she was Twink and used to "perform" a bit at them, doing funny voices and skits etc, she wrecked my head.

Thanks for clarifying about points, because it seems the American plan uses fibre to calculate points as well as fat/cals.

Filling Foods are the no point foods I take it?

Do you guys use any other websites/forums to help you along the way?

Thanks a million for your super quick answers PinkChick!

Filling foods aren't necessarily no points, just that you use your points more efficiently, to fill you. So rice etc would be good because it is low point and fills you. The US do use fibres so a lot of the online calculators are wrong for us. I google for points constantly, http://points.ogo.ms/ is handy in work if you need to calculate something. I use an app on my iPod called iSkinny which I find great. There are lots of recipes online too, Tesco Light Choices are pointed if you need to grab a sandwich or something. If you are going somewhere and google it you can generally get a good idea of what points it is. thedailyplate.com is good for looking stuff up. In terms of forums I haven't found a better one than this one :-) Its great, and you start caring about how everyone else is doing and know you want to do well so you can tell everyone! http://www.angelfire.com/scary/anewme/activity.htm explains the activity points better than me! Oh and I am doing the same as you, I went last year and got to goal and now just need to lose about half a stone but can't justify the spending right now on meetings. I find the key is to weigh yourself at the same time every week and do it regardless, even when you know it will be bad! I use the Wii Fit and record it on iSkinny so I can see it in work and know what I am aiming for!!

• Advertisement

Went to WW today for the first time in 2 years and am the exact same weight but I know myself I have lost inches around my bottom and upper thighs - so to anyone staying or not loosing enough inches are just as good as pounds!!!!

Vibrant I am bit the same as you, 15lb to get to my ultimate goal!!! I used to do the No Count (Core) but seemingly it has changed but I am going to stick to what I know and only count anything oustide my core foods!!!! I would be happy to be at 10st 9 by Easter - that is my mini goal!!! Did find the leader today not the most helpful and she was my original leader!

Thanks Pinkchick for explaining as I was just about to ask the same question!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement