Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Just wonderin' if any of ye do water aerobics and how many activity points u earn from it? I'm goin' now at 9, gonna give it SOCKS!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

Hi all I havnt been on here in a while so thought I'd check in! If I remember correctly last time I was on I was stuck in a rut with my weight loss. I am happy now to report I am well and truely out of it and am hoping to get goal at my WI next tuesday morning 1lb is all I need so heres hoping:)

There are so many new names here since I was last on so welcome to you all and best of luck with your weight loss journeys. I read through a few of the posts and your all doing great so far keep it up:D:D

foundry- I go to aqua aerobics but I dont use the exercise points but if I was I would probably give myself 2points for a 45 min class. I think its really an individual thing though. You can put in as much or as little effort as you want and then personal fitness would play a part of it too. One person might be a bit fitter than someone else so would point it differently. There is an exercise points guide in the WW folder give that a look and try to judge it for your own fitness etc. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭harvardgal2

ahhhh need to get this out, have had 2 terrible weeks personally and now I'm up 6.5 pounds, 6.5!!!!!!!!!! I knew I was up but I didn't think it was by so much. I nearly cried when I got on the scales. It took me two weeks to put on and about 2 months to get off. So frustrated with myself as I knew I was doing it yet couldn't stop. So upset. Trying to get back on track now today but my motivation is at zero. Sorry for being the moaner of the forum, everyone else seems so positive.... Well done on the losses, wish I had your discipline :) Hopefully this time next week I will have a few of these pesky 6 pounds shifted but its just so annoying........

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

1 more question

Is the first week still an 18 point-a-day week, no matter what your point allowance is? It used to be called the Quick Start week.

Also can you earn bonus points on the 1st week with exercise?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Hi everybody

Well done on all the losses - its great, I went to my WI last nite and was down 1.5lbs yipeee:D:D

Total weight loss so far is 11lbs.

Harvardgal 2 - Put the gain behind u now and start afresh as if this was ur first WI and start from now - u cant change the past just look to the future!!!

We can all do it together!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dublingal80

ahhhh need to get this out, have had 2 terrible weeks personally and now I'm up 6.5 pounds, 6.5!!!!!!!!!! I knew I was up but I didn't think it was by so much. I nearly cried when I got on the scales. It took me two weeks to put on and about 2 months to get off. So frustrated with myself as I knew I was doing it yet couldn't stop. So upset. Trying to get back on track now today but my motivation is at zero. Sorry for being the moaner of the forum, everyone else seems so positive.... Well done on the losses, wish I had your discipline :) Hopefully this time next week I will have a few of these pesky 6 pounds shifted but its just so annoying........

Hi Harvardgal. Im sorry to hear you are finding things so hard. I would recommend you have a look at the food diary thread. They are SO inspiring. Reading how well everyone is doing, what they are eating and then whenever you are ready, keep your own diary and have all your points here for everyone to read. Honestly writing down what im eating and hearing peoples opinions about it, good or bad, is great. it really helps me. also the diary is great for preparing my points for the next day. i'll put down what im having for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and i know how many points i have left if i want a treat

you CAN and WILL do this

vibrant wrote: »
    1 more question

Is the first week still an 18 point-a-day week, no matter what your point allowance is? It used to be called the Quick Start week.

Also can you earn bonus points on the 1st week with exercise?

Thanks!

I dont think its something you HAVE to do. I think its there as an option to get people stuck into pointing and following the meal plan from the little folder. Personally I have never done it. I prefer to just go by my points

I dont think its something you HAVE to do. I think its there as an option to get people stuck into pointing and following the meal plan from the little folder. Personally I have never done it. I prefer to just go by my points

I like exercise :rolleyes: Also, I have a party next Friday night and I'd rather have a few bonus points in store so I'm not stood nursing a mineral water all night... so can we clarify can we earn bonus points for exercise on the first week?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

Yeah you can do the quick start if you want, or if you aren't doing well half way you can do it. I think its 4.5 pts breakfast, 5.5 pts lunch, 6 point dinner and 2 points for skimmed milk but I could be wrong on that. I have never done it because for me it's the same points as I am allowed anyhow :-(

Hoping someone can help me or give me some advice. I am finding it very tough between meals at the minute. I have an actimel and weetabix for breakfast, which is 4 points in total (going to move to low fat actimel to save a point so will have an extra point from next week!!. I eat a Tesco Light Choices Chicken Salad sandwich for lunch which is 4.5 points. My dinner is generally 5.5 or 6 points. My allowance is 18 points so I generally have about 3.5 (say from next 4.5 with low fat actimel) to use on 'snacks' throughout the day. I feel at the minute that I am not eating effective snacks if that makes sense, I only eat them because I am hungry but they seem to be not very filling for a lot of points. I was having Go Ahead cereal bars for 3 points which I found didn't fill me. I now have Tesco light choices cereal bar for 1.5 which still doesn't really fill me but at least is only 1.5. I find I need something in the morning around 11 and something around 3. I need to be careful with fruits as I have irritable bowel syndrom. I would love to eat apples but can't eat the skin and it's too awkward and embarassing to peel them in work. So anyhow, I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for filling snacks, around 2 points. I don't necessarily want something sweet, just something to get me over the hill to the next meal. Thanks!

vibrant wrote: »
    I like exercise :rolleyes: Also, I have a party next Friday night and I'd rather have a few bonus points in store so I'm not stood nursing a mineral water all night... so can we clarify can we earn bonus points for exercise on the first week?

of course. If you are working out lots you definitely earn your bonus points!

• Advertisement

PinkChick wrote: »
    Yeah you can do the quick start if you want, or if you aren't doing well half way you can do it. I think its 4.5 pts breakfast, 5.5 pts lunch, 6 point dinner and 2 points for skimmed milk but I could be wrong on that. I have never done it because for me it's the same points as I am allowed anyhow :-(

Hoping someone can help me or give me some advice. I am finding it very tough between meals at the minute. I have an actimel and weetabix for breakfast, which is 4 points in total (going to move to low fat actimel to save a point so will have an extra point from next week!!. I eat a Tesco Light Choices Chicken Salad sandwich for lunch which is 4.5 points. My dinner is generally 5.5 or 6 points. My allowance is 18 points so I generally have about 3.5 (say from next 4.5 with low fat actimel) to use on 'snacks' throughout the day. I feel at the minute that I am not eating effective snacks if that makes sense, I only eat them because I am hungry but they seem to be not very filling for a lot of points. I was having Go Ahead cereal bars for 3 points which I found didn't fill me. I now have Tesco light choices cereal bar for 1.5 which still doesn't really fill me but at least is only 1.5. I find I need something in the morning around 11 and something around 3. I need to be careful with fruits as I have irritable bowel syndrom. I would love to eat apples but can't eat the skin and it's too awkward and embarassing to peel them in work. So anyhow, I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for filling snacks, around 2 points. I don't necessarily want something sweet, just something to get me over the hill to the next meal. Thanks!

hiya pinkchick!

Id recommend you definitely look at the food diary thread and read what people are eating. you can see point or calorie wise what they are having which is very handy.

Why dont you mix up your lunch a little and instead of having the tesco sandwich, which you really dont know whats in it.. why dont you bring in a salad or soup or make your own sandwich. You can easily save points this way. For instance, you can make a 0 point soup and bring in a huge salad with 0 point veg with some chicken then or cheese which will have you at 3 points easily. After that you will be completely stuffed and you will have saved 1.5 points too. Or you could make a big tasty salad sandwich for 3 points too (depending on the bread) and again you are saving points.

I think its definitely best to prepare you own lunch. You know exactly what is in them so you can point them exactly and you know its fresh

My blessing for snacks are muller light yogurts. 1.5 points and they are big tubs and really filling and so tasty

Hi DublinGal, yeah I do bring in my own lunch a lot. Zero point soup and homemade brown bread or rice and veg or a mixed salad. Just was looking at my tracker for last couple of days when I wrote the post and it was the sandwich on that. They are handy for something if I don't have time and generally my lunch is around 4 or 4.5. With the IBS I can't eat big meals, I need to eat little and often which is tough on WW!! I also can't let myself get hungry. I will have a look at the food diaries and see if I can get any ideas. I am finding now that I am over my points every day because of the snacks and I know that it's because what I am eating isn't filling me. I love those yogurts so must pick up a couple. They would be handy for the afternoon.

of course. If you are working out lots you definitely earn your bonus points!

Thanks for clarifying!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Hi DublinGal, yeah I do bring in my own lunch a lot. Zero point soup and homemade brown bread or rice and veg or a mixed salad. Just was looking at my tracker for last couple of days when I wrote the post and it was the sandwich on that. They are handy for something if I don't have time and generally my lunch is around 4 or 4.5. With the IBS I can't eat big meals, I need to eat little and often which is tough on WW!! I also can't let myself get hungry. I will have a look at the food diaries and see if I can get any ideas. I am finding now that I am over my points every day because of the snacks and I know that it's because what I am eating isn't filling me. I love those yogurts so must pick up a couple. They would be handy for the afternoon.

Pinkchick I hear you - I have really bad IBS and I am still finding my triggers 3 years later, plus I am prone to stomach ulcers so I HAVE to eat little and often... Today for example I had egg muffins for brekkie (I don't point core foods) but they work out at 3pts total for breakfast, I will have some watermleon (chopped in tupperware) for my 11 break (sometimes its 12 break depending on when I have my breakfast), have lunch at 1/2 (its generally my dinner as prefer to eat biggest meal in the middle of the day), and then around 3/4 I might have an orange / apple (I peel the orange at home and put in tupperware as its easier so you could do the same with the apple) or natural yogurt with some seeds!!! 0pt soup is a god sent :):)

I find with IBS I can't go near wheat - so my snacks tend to be fruit or veg (I also eat carrots, cucumber alone or with hummous or peanut butter :D)

Best of luck and I keep a dairy if you want a peek at my foods My Food Diary

Thanks for that Pemilly. Definitely got some good ideas there. I used to eat nuts and found them great and might try bringing the apple in. Yogurts are something I used to have but will get back to again.

I have my 'Weigh IN' tomorrow (I am doing it myself but still get as nervous!). Have pointed all week but have gone over most days plus TOM so not expecting too much. Will build up on some healthy and filling snacks in the grocery shopping tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Thanks for that Pemilly. Definitely got some good ideas there. I used to eat nuts and found them great and might try bringing the apple in. Yogurts are something I used to have but will get back to again.

I have my 'Weigh IN' tomorrow (I am doing it myself but still get as nervous!). Have pointed all week but have gone over most days plus TOM so not expecting too much. Will build up on some healthy and filling snacks in the grocery shopping tomorrow.

I find planning is the only way - I spend about 20min every evening getting ready for the next day and I kinda find its my time - I am in the kitchen alone and I potter around and sing to the radio and know that as I am getting my food for tomorrow it has to be a good day!!

Best of luck with the WI!

girls - i COMPLETELY know what you are talking about.
    I have crohns disease for 9 years now so I know how wonky eating habits sometimes have to be. Silly things like icecream(anything mikly) pineapple and popcorn would set off my crohns so badly and it got to the stage where nothing would work anymore, my weight went so low, to about 105lbs because i couldnt eat because they pain when i did was unbearable so I had to have surgery. They removed some of my intestine hence now I can eat, and my weight as gone up up up :) hehe

Its taken me a while to try and figure out what I need to be eating now because after my surgery I was eating until I was full, which believe me wasnt good!! You dont wanna know why!!! So i figured out myself that I too need to eat small meals every so often so I usually have cereal for brekkie, a pice of fruit an hour and a half later when i get to work, a salad or sandwich for lunch, neither of which is a huge amount. an hour later usually muller yogurt and then dinner when I get home. And its only the past few weeks that I have been eating this way that I realised it has worked for me

Sometimes though it can be so hard because I could be starving and want to have seconds but if I do, within half an hour im completely regretting it.

Us girls are strong ladies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fendigal

hey all..got a lovely shock this wk i was down 1.5lbs i should have the stone nxt week please god!im gonna exercise d ass off myself over wknd..I did fancy a little treat today and instead of the ww bread i got a small baguette,u know the mid size cuisenedefrance ones..i took the bread outta d middle,does anyone know rough points in this?
    Plannin on nice low fat spag bol or chilli for tea :D
    Well done to everyone for the losses this week,,hopefully this'll be a good wknd too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Hello Ladies, Thank goodness I'm not alone, Pembilly I'm the same as you I can't have anything with wheat in it.
    Pink Chick I think a lot the the hunger is psychological, I know in my case a lot of it is and usually after the 1st week back on track it's gone. I know that if I eat what I want when I want not only will gain the weight I've lost but it will bring some friends along too.

Hi Slaygirl, yeah I would agree with you there, a lot of it is definitely psycological. But there are alos times when I am definitely hungry, as in tummy rumbling, empty hungry. It seems to happen whether I eat a lot or a little so works best for me to eat little and often. Can't believe how many people seem to have similar issues. I am ok with wheat, I am lucky in lots of ways I think. It's more certain foods with me rather than food groups. And for me its mainly stress, definitely. I also stopped drinking diet coke this week and notice a huge difference. Only had a can in the afternoon and a glass with dinner and water through the day. But definitely has made a difference. Will be tough for me to give up if I am being honest, I love it. It's my chocolate :-)

• Advertisement

Hi Pink Chick, do what works for you. I find the 0 point soup an absolute god send. It really helps to keep me going. I'm not a great fan of fizzy drinks because they seem to make me bloat. I'm not surprised that cutting down on diet coke has helped your IBS. My mate Jen is exactly the same I joke she has blood in her Diet Coke stream :)

Sorry reread my last post and realised it came across wrong! Before I was having one can of diet coke and one glass a day. Now I am having none! I know it's not that important but it sounded like I was syringing it in to myself and was only able to survive with a little bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Down another one...4 altogether and I have to admit I'm not being as good as I could be..I keep having sneaky bad things and not counting them :D

But as and from Monday (I'm going away for the weekend) I'm going at it hammer and tongs, I'm determined to be good as gold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fatewatchers

Hi folks,

Had my 6th weigh in last night, lost 0.5lbs. Am really annoyed, other results so far have been excellent so that half a pound was a kick in the teeth.

That said, I've taken my eye off the ball a little in the past week and I suppose seeing that I lost 6lbs last week I wasn't likely to have another big loss this week. To make matters worse I've sprained my foot pretty badly on Wednesday and exercise is ruled out for this week coming at the very least.

I was thinking I might do that fast start week just for this week to give myself a boost, I am housebound for this week and have to rest my foot, no driving or anything... I feel as though I'll be really demotivated if I don't have a decent result next week. Is it a bad idea? I don't think one week of it is going to do any harm, but I need some sort of kick as I felt really down after my meeting last night. That is ridiculous seeing as I've done so well so far, but I am sort of fixated on getting to the two stone loss and thought I'd an outside chance of getting it last night.

I have to think of the big picture though, I've lost 25.5lbs in 6 weigh ins, not bad at all... just want to get that next 2.5lbs to reach the 2 stone!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

up 1 lb on thurs! had 2 good weeks previously,last week as fatewatchers said i took my eye of the ball! was good 2 day,our leader reckons we could have 1/2 stone gone by easter so i`ll try and aim 4 this,roll on turkey(the country!)6th june and hopefully i`ll could be 1stone lighter!!!!;)

Fatewatchers I was exactly the same this week. don't get disheartened. You've done really well so far don't let a minor blip put you off.
    Hollyhock, sorry to hear you went up this week.
    Pinkchick well done on cutting out the diet coke altogether. It ain't easy to give up something you love.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Can anyone tell me how many points is in an egg? I can't find my book & the Internet is not being helpful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fatewatchers

jellie wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how many points is in an egg? I can't find my book & the Internet is not being helpful

A medium hens egg is 1.5 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Thanks! :)

• Advertisement

I have to think of the big picture though, I've lost 25.5lbs in 6 weigh ins, not bad at all... just want to get that next 2.5lbs to reach the 2 stone!

Please don't be de-motivated. That is a huge loss in a small amount of time, your body has to adjust to that. Think of it, your organs, your skin, your muscles all have to adjust to there being less weight to support. You may find that you plateau for a couple of weeks but that is still good. Still keep on pointing everything and you will be fine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement