Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

I had my WI this morning and was up half a pound. I know it sounds weird but I am actually happy with that! It's TOM and last month I was up four. I feel my jeans are looser on me all week so I am not going to focus on it too much. Just focus on next week and keep doing what I am doing. Stocked up on yogurts and nuts for snacks and some fruit, thanks everyone for the advice on that!

Am really bad at exercising and felt I needed something to work towards so have done something a bit mad (for me) and signed up for an 8k run. Considering I can't run this is a bit mental! But my bf is going to help me train for it and it's not until May so I am hoping I can do it. Will be a good way of getting exercise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭harvardgal2

PinkChick wrote: »
    I had my WI this morning and was up half a pound. I know it sounds weird but I am actually happy with that! It's TOM and last month I was up four. I feel my jeans are looser on me all week so I am not going to focus on it too much. Just focus on next week and keep doing what I am doing. Stocked up on yogurts and nuts for snacks and some fruit, thanks everyone for the advice on that!

Am really bad at exercising and felt I needed something to work towards so have done something a bit mad (for me) and signed up for an 8k run. Considering I can't run this is a bit mental! But my bf is going to help me train for it and it's not until May so I am hoping I can do it. Will be a good way of getting exercise.

Good on you re 8k run. You'll be raving about loving running in no time ;)
    Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

PinkChick wrote: »

That's great! Well done! I walked the Mini Marathon last year and am determined to run it this year. I started training last week but then got a stomach bug so am back to square one but I'll soldier on. I'm going to do 10K on the Great Limerick run at the beginning of May too, if I can!

My happy moment for today was decided to try on my Debs dress again. My Debs was in 2005. I tried the dress on in August as I hoped to wear it for my College Grad but I couldn't get the zip up over my bum, let alone the whole way up! That was one of the reasons I decided to start losing weight. I tried it on again this morning and can get the zip...THE WHOLE WAY UP! It's still very tight to sit down in but I feel so fantastic. It's the best feeling I've had since starting WW. I also bought my first pair of size 12 jeans yesterday. I had been forcing myself into size 14 jeans 6 months ago, although realistically I'd say I was a 16 in denial. Anyway, after weeks of showing my arse to the World, I bought a pair of size 12 jeans only to find them a bit loose still! I've NEVER been a size 10 in my life and when I started dieting my Mum warned me that I have broad hips so would never be that small. Thrilled!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Good Morning Everybody

Well done on all the losses this week - everyone is doing great.

PinkChick - good on u for signing up for an 8k run!!!

Ergonomics - I am thrilled for u about ur debs dress - its a great feeling when u try on something from ages ago and it fits, Im similar to u in the sense that Ive never been a size 10 jeans in my life (well maybe when i was 10) but thats what im aiming for myself

Hello again,

Just wondering if anyone knows if you can change your WW goal? Since January I have gone up, down and stayed the same but always ending up around the same weight. I feel happy at this weight and the fact that, in 8 weeks, my weight hasn't moved much, makes me feel like my body is happy at this weight too. That said, my WW goal is another stone away and I don't want to lose that much anymore. I think I would look unwell and unhealthy at that weight. I'd like to lose another couple of lbs and was wondering if I'm allowed change my goal to reflect this?

I've met all the criteria to become a gold member, except for reaching my goal, and would really like to start the maintenance program and see how that goes for me, as well as becoming a gold member.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Hey ergo! Not sure about that! I heard my WW leader saying to someone at the last meeting that they'd have to discuss their goal. SO maybe it is a choice thing as long as it takes you to a healthy BMI. :D

Can anyone confirm points in a small egg for me! Free range egg I had with my lón but it was titchy! No way was it a medium! So any ideas of what I should give points wise or should I just stick with the standard 1.5!!!
    The greedy person in me hopes it's less, but the sensible me thinks stick with the 1.5! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

ergonomics wrote: »
    Hello again,

Just wondering if anyone knows if you can change your WW goal? Since January I have gone up, down and stayed the same but always ending up around the same weight. I feel happy at this weight and the fact that, in 8 weeks, my weight hasn't moved much, makes me feel like my body is happy at this weight too. That said, my WW goal is another stone away and I don't want to lose that much anymore. I think I would look unwell and unhealthy at that weight. I'd like to lose another couple of lbs and was wondering if I'm allowed change my goal to reflect this?

I've met all the criteria to become a gold member, except for reaching my goal, and would really like to start the maintenance program and see how that goes for me, as well as becoming a gold member.

DWG girl is right - you must achieve a healthy BMI - 24.9 and after that you can't go below 20!!! Do you mind me asking what you weigh and your height?? They should allow you once they feel you are a healthy weight!!! You may need to take a break - I did and 2 years later I am back!!! Defo talk to your ww leader!
    Hey ergo! Not sure about that! I heard my WW leader saying to someone at the last meeting that they'd have to discuss their goal. SO maybe it is a choice thing as long as it takes you to a healthy BMI. :D

Can anyone confirm points in a small egg for me! Free range egg I had with my lón but it was titchy! No way was it a medium! So any ideas of what I should give points wise or should I just stick with the standard 1.5!!!
    The greedy person in me hopes it's less, but the sensible me thinks stick with the 1.5! :P

Sorry DWG but I would say its going to be 1.5 pts!!! Sorry :o

Pembily I knew myself what the answer was! I was just being ridiculous! For the sake of half a point! (Times are tough! ;) )

Pembily I knew myself what the answer was! I was just being ridiculous! For the sake of half a point! (Times are tough! ;) )

Oh I hear you - I reackon I am PLUS 21 pts:eek:

I know I'm like 20. Bad times! What can I eat like!!!!! I miss my 25 point days...
    actually... no. I don't!!!!!! :D

• Advertisement

I know I'm like 20. Bad times! What can I eat like!!!!! I miss my 25 point days...
    actually... no. I don't!!!!!! :D

What I actually meant was that I went over my 21 weekly allowance by 21 pts!!! Don't ever miss your old points allowance :D:D:D

Zero point soup?? Maybe a meringue??!

Oh I misread! No I'm ok! I'm within the points! But that's as part of the core plan yes? That plan perplexes me!!! I shouldn't worry to much Pem! x

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

hi ww,s.. i had 3 chicken nuggets . how much points are they. need to know so i can point them in tracker.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

hi all
    it has been a while since i been on. Am down 11 lbs so far but this week I have been bad (well last night- dvd and treats!), and not been well. WI tommorow would be happy if i sts but feeling i am up. bought the biggets loser on wii fit and going to try it out now.

Dunnes do a really good meal deal - have ye seen it. A ww sandwich+ww drink+ww crisps all for 3.50.

Congrats to all for sticking with and and on achievements to date - too many to individually congrats too as i not been on in weeks sorry.

Pembily wrote: »
    DWG girl is right - you must achieve a healthy BMI - 24.9 and after that you can't go below 20!!! Do you mind me asking what you weigh and your height?? They should allow you once they feel you are a healthy weight!!! You may need to take a break - I did and 2 years later I am back!!! Defo talk to your ww leader!

I'm 5'7" and weigh 11.8 on most scales but the WW scale has me at 12. Just checked my WW book and it says my max weight for a healthy BMI is 11.6. I could ask to change my goal to this, but considering my weight on other scales is 11.8, going to 11.6 on the WW scales would see me with an actual weight of 11.1 which I feel is too low for me.

I know people have brought up how different scales show different weights and I don't normally pay much attention to it, but the reason I mention the difference now because I was at the doctor recently and when she weighed me she commented that I had lost a lot of weight. She took my height then and advised me not to lose much more weight as she didn't think it would be healthy for my build.

I'm kinda confused now; do I change my goal and work towards that or to listen to my body and stop sooner? God knows my body has sent me wrong before!

Ergo, I know you want your gold card but listen to your doctor and your body first. BMI is just a guide and you know what looks best on you! My goal is ten stone at ww (i'm 5ft 4) and I think that should be fine. I'll have lost 6 stone by then and if my body starts to look too slim (doubtful!) or not the weight isn't suitable for my shape, then I won't go there.

As I said, WW go purely on BMI. They don't take into consideration different body shapes and muscle content on your body!

You'll know in your heart when it's the right weight!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sinny65

Hi guys, well done on the loss of lbs! I joined ww 2 weeks ago and am wondering what the average weight loss per week is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭MonkeySocks24

Just thought I'd pop in, been reading over the WW treads and everyone doing great!! Got my next WI friday!! I am already wishing Friday to be here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭MonkeySocks24

sinny65 wrote: »
    Hi guys, well done on the loss of lbs! I joined ww 2 weeks ago and am wondering what the average weight loss per week is?

Hi Sinny. Well its says expect about 1-2lbs per week but I think it depends on how much exercise you are doing and how much you weigh. I lost 3lbs first week, 3lbs second week and 2lbs the third week. Friday will be my 4th week :). I am doing about 1hr exercise everyday tho.

Start up a diary in food forum, omg it is brillinat. It keeps u on track and you get loads of positve feedback! I have been writing what I eat everyday and get loads of tips and support. Also I can pop in and see how its going, cause you are new like me :):)

Good luck x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Hey all,

Had my first good weekend pretty much since I started where I didn’t have any little treats for the sake of it being the weekend so I’m really hoping for a good result this week!

Weight loss so far: (I’m 5’7)
    Starting weight: 13 stone 1 pound
    Week 2- 12 stone 11.5 - pound (loss of 3.5 pound)
    Week 3- 12 stone 11.5 pound (no change)
    Week 4- 12 stone 8 pound (total loss 7 ib)
    Week 5- 12 stone 8 pound (no change)
    Week 6- 12 stone 5 pound (total loss 10 pound)
    Week 7- Hopeful!

Would love to break the trend of every 2nd week staying the same. Would love to reach the stone loss between this week and next week. Fingers crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Leo25

Well done to everyone this week!!
    Had my weigh in on thurs and was down 2lb:D
    got my first silver 7 and my 5%!!! Happy days!!
    Have been being really good this week and drinking tonnes of water to try and hydrate my skin!!

I'm 5'7" and weigh 11.8 on most scales but the WW scale has me at 12. Just checked my WW book and it says my max weight for a healthy BMI is 11.6. I could ask to change my goal to this, but considering my weight on other scales is 11.8, going to 11.6 on the WW scales would see me with an actual weight of 11.1 which I feel is too low for me.

I know people have brought up how different scales show different weights and I don't normally pay much attention to it, but the reason I mention the difference now because I was at the doctor recently and when she weighed me she commented that I had lost a lot of weight. She took my height then and advised me not to lose much more weight as she didn't think it would be healthy for my build.

I'm kinda confused now; do I change my goal and work towards that or to listen to my body and stop sooner? God knows my body has sent me wrong before!

As I said I wanted to get to 14 lb below my WW goal - its different for each of us - not dishing WW but if the dr said dont loose any - then its advisable not to loose anymore - a dr is trained in the kinda thing!!! Go with your body - my body was happy at 11 for a while and not its not!!! I couldn't get below 11 and I was exercising and all so I took a break!! Listen to your body!! You are an inche taller than me (I am petite build too - according to websites as my thumb and index finger cross over my wrist) so your current weight sounds good!!! WW is always 1/2lb higher than other places!
    Ergo, I know you want your gold card but listen to your doctor and your body first. BMI is just a guide and you know what looks best on you! My goal is ten stone at ww (i'm 5ft 4) and I think that should be fine. I'll have lost 6 stone by then and if my body starts to look too slim (doubtful!) or not the weight isn't suitable for my shape, then I won't go there.
    As I said, WW go purely on BMI. They don't take into consideration different body shapes and muscle content on your body!

Exactly! :)

sinny65 wrote: »

Average is 1 - 2 lb a week, but remember .5lb is still a loss and is 2 stone in a year!!!!!

As I said I wanted to get to 14 lb below my WW goal - its different for each of us - not dishing WW but if the dr said dont loose any - then its advisable not to loose anymore - a dr is trained in the kinda thing!!! Go with your body - my body was happy at 11 for a while and not its not!!! I couldn't get below 11 and I was exercising and all so I took a break!! Listen to your body!! You are an inche taller than me (I am petite build too - according to websites as my thumb and index finger cross over my wrist) so your current weight sounds good!!! WW is always 1/2lb higher than other places!

Thanks guys! Going to continue going to meetings for the next while anyway as going solo is still a scary prospect!

Now, the important question. I know it's not very warm outside but it's sunny and I am dying for ice cream. What will do the least damage? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fatewatchers

I've had six weigh ins so far...

Week 1 - Lost 7lbs
    Week 2 - Lost 7.5lbs
    Week 3 - Lost 4 lbs
    Week 4 - Lost 0.5lbs
    Week 5 - Lost 6 lbs
    Week 6 - Lost 0.5lbs

In total, 25.5 lbs in 6 weigh ins..... averages out at 4.25 lbs a week. I'm fairly new to WW though so I'm pretty sure that will plane off and drop to the normal 1-2lbs per week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fatewatchers

Thanks guys! Going to continue going to meetings for the next while anyway as going solo is still a scary prospect!

Now, the important question. I know it's not very warm outside but it's sunny and I am dying for ice cream. What will do the least damage? :D

Some sort of sorbet is your best bet, failing that here are some of the HB product points....

Calippo - 1.5
    Cornetto Classico - 6.5
    Cornetto Mint - 5
    Cornetto Strawberry - 4.5
    Feast - 8
    Magnum Classic - 6.5
    Solero Exotic - 2

Most of the Haagen Dazs varieties are about 5.5 points for 100ml....125ml of their Ice Cream Smoothies are 4 though. The Tiramisu and Cookie Dough ones are 6.5 points per 100ml!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Average is 1 - 2 lb a week, but remember .5lb is still a loss and is 2 stone in a year!!!!!
    Yes, doctors will recommend a max loss of 2lb per week, losing anymore and it is likely to be muscle mass you are losing. In your first few weeks you might lose water weight so it can be over 2lb, after that initial loss expect it to slow down. I lost 0.5lb per week myself, the slower it comes off the more likely it will stay off -especially as you are not screwing around with your metabolism. You should keep track of the overall loss and average it out over the amount of months you put in.

I am dieting at the moment and the scale shows I lost nothing this week, that doesn't bother me in the slightest though, I know I was eating better and so will probably show a loss next week. Also my cheapo scales is dodgy at the best of times.

If you are doing any resistance training you could be building muscle which is great for FAT loss, but not for WEIGHT loss -2 different things which should not always be used interchangeably. I remained the same weight for ages as I was building muscle and lost fat at the same rate. I am male so would put on more muscle than most women. But a female poster, g'em, lifts weights and was a size 10 or 12 but her BMI classed her as overwieght, or possibly even obese.

Hold on...

There's 8 points in a FEAST!?!??!?!?!?!?

I mean I knew it was bad...
    but

(I used to eat like 2 a pop of those :eek::eek::o )

Hold on...

There's 8 points in a FEAST!?!??!?!?!?!?

I mean I knew it was bad...
    but

(I used to eat like 2 a pop of those :eek::eek::o )

I hear you!!!! No wonder we were overweight...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Calippo - 1.5
    Cornetto Classico - 6.5
    Cornetto Mint - 5
    Cornetto Strawberry - 4.5
    Feast - 8
    Magnum Classic - 6.5
    Solero Exotic - 2
    The standard chocolate feast is 280kcal & 17g sat fat.
    http://www.hbicecream.ie/ie_en/products/feast/feast/27/default.aspx
    http://points.ogo.ms/
    So it is 8 points even though it is only 280kcal, the calippos are 100kcal each yet are only 1.5points, this is due to their high sugar content and low fat content. So 3 calippos appear to have 4.5points but have more calories than the 8 point feast.

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    The standard chocolate feast is 280kcal & 17g sat fat.
    http://www.hbicecream.ie/ie_en/products/feast/feast/27/default.aspx
    http://points.ogo.ms/
    So it is 8 points even though it is only 280kcal, the calippos are 100kcal each yet are only 1.5points, this is due to their high sugar content and low fat content. So 3 calippos appear to have 4.5points but have more calories than the 8 point feast.

The joys of WW points...:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement