Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Milky Way

So first weigh in this morning at home, no change :mad:. To be honest wasn't too disappointed- always see my loss week 2. Also wedding on Friday turned into 3 big nights out with several resultant slip ups!

Anyway- starting afresh today.

So far have used 19 points, had 5 servings fruit and veg and walked for 45mins.

Everybody here is a great inspiration and have really strengthened my resolve to get properly stuck in now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Milky Way

Other thing I wanted to ask about- I was wondering does anyone wear a pedometer? Put one on for pretty quiet day at work, walked 16500 steps from 8am to 630pm. I see that the WW target is 10000, it seems very low.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sinny65

Thanks for the replies :) Had my first WI last week and lost 2lbs, was kind of disappointed with that but from your replies , this seems to be the average. Second WI tomorrow, am getting nervous about it now, fingers crossed, I'll keep ye updated!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

Milky Way wrote: »
    Other thing I wanted to ask about- I was wondering does anyone wear a pedometer? Put one on for pretty quiet day at work, walked 16500 steps from 8am to 630pm. I see that the WW target is 10000, it seems very low.

I have the WW pedometer, it takes into account my height and weight and it tells me I have reached healthy level at 6,000 steps (start earning activity points after I hit that number). Not sure if it's same steps for every weight?

also I know 1-1.5lb is the average but the less you have to loose and the closer to goal you are the smaller your losses.....so I wouldn't focus too much on hitting the average every week because some months you'll have great weight loss and some weeks it won't be great. I look at the average every month
    (ie have I reached 4lbs in 4 weeks). Different for everyone but it works for me as my weight is all over the place at TOM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

Went on my first run for my 8k training last night. Did 3.8k which wasn't bad. Very sore today :-) Am chuffed because I was on points yesterday, kept it at 18 with decent meals. I had weetabix and actimel for breakfast, zero point soup and brown bread for lunch and spaghetti bolognase for dinner. For snacks I had yogurt, nuts and a banana. So was at 18 and then did the run which was 3 activity points. Treated myself to a cuppa and a weightwatchers bar last night so was still 1.5 under. Hopefully today will be as good, no run today but hope I can stay OP again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi Everyone!! :)

Well last week I had a 1.5lb gain and was disheartened but kept motivated and I knew I had a good week.
    If you work hard it pays off so I carried on this week and when I went to weigh in today I was -5lb!! :D
    Thrilled!! 1lb more till my 5th stone!

It just goes to show if you have a bad weigh in don't let it get to you!
    Keep going!!

Will post my video here later!!

Good luck everyone! You are all doing great! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Wow Jwacqui that's fantastic ! Leo, well done a silver 7 is brilliant. I'm having a bad week I've stuck to 19 points everday this week except 1 where I used all my 22 points. I'm really fed up with points time to go back to the core plan.

Slaygal wrote: »
    I'm having a bad week I've stuck to 19 points everday this week except 1 where I used all my 22 points. I'm really fed up with points time to go back to the core plan.

How is this a bad week?? You were under your points everyday! Sounds great to me!!

Do you go to a ww class?

Points and food wise I'm fine but I'm utterly fed up with having to point and track every piece of food that goes into my mouth. I've been really good this week and I know it's not going to show on the scales so I'm at the stage where I'm ready to jack in WW. Yes Jwacqui I go to my class tomorrow night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 prittykitty

good luck

Slaygal wrote: »
    Points and food wise I'm fine but I'm utterly fed up with having to point and track every piece of food that goes into my mouth. I've been really good this week and I know it's not going to show on the scales so I'm at the stage where I'm ready to jack in WW. Yes Jwacqui I go to my class tomorrow night.

Just think of were you want to be and whatever makes you want to do it and focus on that!!
    I think sometimes we get fed up and we need to struggle through it until we find our motivation again.

I try on clothes that are too big now, read before and after stories, watch people's weight loss vlogs on youtube, look at old pictures of myself.....Anything to keep me focussed!
    I know it's hard now but if you jack it in you will regret it in a few months!

I have been there and done it!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Wow J 5lbs is incredible!

I was feelin a bit down til I watched your video n your after perkin me right up again!

My WI tomorrow i had a bad weekend but tryin to make up for it now. Hopefully it'll be enough!!!!

Well done Jwacqui, Thanks a million for your support. I've been trying really hard for the last couple of weeks and it's not showing on the scales. I'm not a patient person at the best of times so I'm just having a bad day

Jacqui 5lbs is phenomenal after all the weight you have lost, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sinny65

I had my second WI today, -1.5lbs so thats 3.5lbs in total. I really thought it would be more as I really stuck to it for the last week. Everybody in front of me was -3 or 4 Ilbs , guess its diff for everyone! Im 5 3 and current (new :)) weight is 11st 3. On the plus side my clothes are feeling looser and I can finally get the zip to go all the way up on my skirt!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭boscoroxx

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi, been reading this thread for a while now.
    I join WW 2 weeks ago, had a starting weight of 15st 1lb, and lost 4 lbs so far, LONG way to go!
    I'm pounding the pavements, so hopefully the weight will keep off! I'm one of those people that slips up after losing a stone and ends up putting on 2!

To keep ourselves motivated, my housemates and I have decided to enter the Mini-Marathon, we have all set a goal weight to be by the marathon and hope to walk all of it in a much fitter state than our eveining walks of present!

Hope you all have a good week! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

can anyone please tell me how to get my ticker on to this page? i have it set up and cut but can`t find wherento paste it to? i think it might motivate me! thanks:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

hollyhock wrote: »
    can anyone please tell me how to get my ticker on to this page? i have it set up and cut but can`t find wherento paste it to? i think it might motivate me! thanks:confused:

I didn't write this so it might be wrong, I changed a few bits as they appear in boards.ie you obviously already know how to get a signature to be displayed, others might not so I will paste the whole lot.
    The process is a "cut and paste".

1) Go to the tickerfactory.com website.

Select Weight Loss
    (follow the instructions to pick your slider and icon)

When you have reached the end of your selections you will see your ticker. Save your ticker if you like it. Go
    back and make changes if you don't.

You will see a message that says "You're Done - Your ticker url is: http://tickerfactory.com

Click inside the bbCode box. Highlight the complete entry. The code starts with [url and ends with [/url]

Not all of the code appears in the window. You may have to hold your clicker down and drag it down slightly.
    You must highlight ALL of the code or it won't work. Move your mouse arrow up the the top toolbar.

Click "Edit"

Click "Cut"

2) Now you proceed to the boards. Login.

Click "User CP". It is located on the left of the screen

Click "Edit Signature". on the left of the screen

Click inside the Signature box to the place the cursor there.

Now..move your mouse arrow to the top toolbar and Click "Edit". Click "Paste".

3) Lastly....Scroll down a little further ( on your profile page ) and Click "Save Signature".

Congratulations....Your ticker will now display...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Just to add, now you don't need to edit the code in your signature every time you change something on tickerfactory.com, it should now update on boards automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Dolorous wrote: »
    Just to add, now you don't need to edit the code in your signature every time you change something on tickerfactory.com, it should now update on boards automatically.
    Thanks, I just deleted that bit now so.

Hello,
    Well done to all the loosers. I have WI tonight so fingers crossed. I was having a really really bad day yesterday thank you very much to everyone who helped me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

Just wanted to say hi to everyone, its my first time posting here, congrats to everyone on their losses so far! To those who are struggling, try not to worry too much about weight gains or falling off the wagon, I've been there many times! Don't let it derail you too much, it'll all be worth it in the end when you get those amazing compliments from family/friends/co-workers or can fit into that item of clothing that didn't fit you ages ago! As kate moss stupidly said once, nothing tastes as good as thin feels (stupid comment but I guess its true in a way)

My journey so far:
    Weight 10th October 2008: 14st 11 :eek: Size 18
    Weight 3nd March 2010 : 11 st 3 :D Size 12-14 (Very nearly size 12! Need to lose 1 or 2 more pounds to fit 12 properly)
    Goal weight: 10 st 0 :D:eek:

Decided to join WW again 3 weeks ago, just for the additional push as I get towards the end.
    17/2/10 Actual weight 11st 7 WW weight 11 9.5 (Down 6 pounds from previous WW visit in 2006/2007)
    24/2/10 Actual weight 11st 5 WW weight 11.7.5 (-2 pounds)
    2/3/10 Actual weight 11st 3 WW weight 11.5.5 (-2 pounds)

Tried WW a few times before but each time would lose a stone, lose focus/determination and put it all back on again plus more!
    This time I decided to do things differently. Walking an hour every day (or at least 5 days out of 7), drinking 2 litres of water, eating plenty of fruit and veg, having porridge for brekkie. I've also changed over to organic foods recently! I'm getting a weekly delivery of fruit and veg from a local farm here and the stuff that comes changes every week which is great! (And really tasty!)

I don't count points/calories/GL points as I think thats unhealthy. If it works for u then thats all good but it doesn't work for me. I used to end up cutting out waay too many points/calories which was dangerous and unhealthy. I eat 3 meals a day plus snacks of fruit/yoghurt/oat cakes with hummus. I have my dinner at lunch time cos it suits me, it gives my body more time to digest it! I also try to eat every 2-3 hours so my blood sugar doesn't get too low.

I don't have enough posts to add a ticker yet :rolleyes: But as of today my BMI is 26 woohoo! Only a few more pounds and I'll have a healthy BMI :D No more obese for me :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭liverpo

Hello All

I'm new to this particular section, as you can see from my sig I post elsewhere, however I seen this thread and thought I'd drop a quick line.

Some of you might be aware of the RTE show Operation Transformation, I am one of the people who participate on the show - not one of the leaders - one of the people in the groups.

Since the show started, I've lost a total of 14lbs, I'm obviously delighted with myself and hope to continue now that filming is finished.

Just to say a big thank you to everyone from mumstown.ie they're a great bunch and helped everyone during the show, if you get a chance checkout the site and say hello!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Had my weight tonight and am down another 2.5lbs! Thrilled as I feel like I'm out of the rut I've been in for the last two months. I'm also just 1lb away from my third silver seven! Can't wait until next week now, determined so be down that pound!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭PinkBottle

Found this tread on boards tonight and was delighted.
    I'm just after joining WW and to be honest, I knew I needed to lose the stones, but I didn't think I weighed as much as I did, I got such a shock. Part of the weigh in has edged me on to lose the flab, but a large part of me (no pun intended) keeps telling myself not to bother that it won't work.
    I guess what I am really looking for it some advice, what do I stay well clear of, and avoid like the plague, and how do I make sure I stick to the plan, because if truth be told, I'm not happy with how I look, I don't like going out on nights out with my friends because they have amazing bodies and clothes hang off them while my clothes cling to me. :(
    It really doesn't help that I have such a huge sweet tooth, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

Up four lbs this week as i binged on junk food from fri til tues. Its probably a lot of salt from processed crap causing fluid retention. I hope? Trying again is all i can do.

Welcome PinkBottle, congratulations on taking the first step, joining! I have to say that I am no WW expert, not yet at my goal...but one tip I would suggest is trying to save 4 points a day mon-fri if you are planning on night out at the weekend. then you can enjoy yourself when out without feeling guilty for going over daily points. You'll get loads more tips from peeps on this site, its great for that!

Good Luck!

• Advertisement

all_smilz wrote: »
    Up four lbs this week as i binged on junk food from fri til tues. Its probably a lot of salt from processed crap causing fluid retention. I hope? Trying again is all i can do.

This is kinda cheesy but I actually think it's true - we don't fail when we fall, we fail when we don't get back up!

Put last week behind you and just go for it this week, that 4lbs will fall off you! Good Luck

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement