Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

PinkBottle wrote: »
    Found this tread on boards tonight and was delighted.
    I'm just after joining WW and to be honest, I knew I needed to lose the stones, but I didn't think I weighed as much as I did, I got such a shock. Part of the weigh in has edged me on to lose the flab, but a large part of me (no pun intended) keeps telling myself not to bother that it won't work.
    I guess what I am really looking for it some advice, what do I stay well clear of, and avoid like the plague, and how do I make sure I stick to the plan, because if truth be told, I'm not happy with how I look, I don't like going out on nights out with my friends because they have amazing bodies and clothes hang off them while my clothes cling to me. :(
    It really doesn't help that I have such a huge sweet tooth, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

When I started I also thought it wouldn't be worth it as it wouldn't work. At least once a week now, 6 months later, my boyfriend will say to me how proud he is because when I started he thought I'd give up very fast and also give up on exercise.

Regarding what to stay clear of and what to avoid like the plague - nothing. You get your points for the each day and you decide what you use on them. If you really want something you can exercise to get some activity points or you can save up to four points each day to spend on something special! You have your points calculator and a lot of the foods are listed in the folder you got as well so it's just a matter of planning. Your leader will give you lots of advice too.

Only you can make sure you stick to the plan. I found telling everyone I knew that I was doing WW helped me to stick to it because then, if I failed, I'd have to face everyone asking me why I stopped. I also made a mental note of how I felt when I didn't do it and how I felt about my body. I decided I didn't want to feel like that anymore so I was going to do something about it! Going to meetings every week, even if I'd have a terrible week, also makes sure I stay on plan.

Attitude is the main thing; if you start it thinking it won't work, it won't, if you think you'll be depriving yourself of stuff, it won't work and if you think you won't be able to stick to the plan, you won't. You just have to think positive, tell yourself you're going to do it and you're going to enjoy doing it! It's such a great feeling when you do start to lose weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Hi everybody

Welcome PinkBottle - I second everything ergonomics has just said she is so right its all about positive thinking and planning. I find if I dont plan my lunch for the next day Im all over the place.

I have my WI in tonite and Im dreading it - was not very good at all to be honest, it my birthday on sat and TOM so I just went mad on the eating front but did a bit of walking so not sure how it will go but hey there is always next week.

If im up it will be the kick in the ass I need to get going again. If i stay the same or down (I wish) then ill keep going.

Sorry for the rant guys!!!

Wish me luck for tonite;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

Hey all, well I think I am doing OK this week, still tracking every day and went for my second run of the week yesterday. Just had major temptation there! They had a free breakfast in work today and it was so hard to resist. I had forgotten my apple so it actually suited me because I was able to grab a banana for my mid-morning snack (haven't eaten it yet). But when I was getting it earlier on the smell of sausages and rashers was practically making me drool! I love sausages, they are probably what I miss the most. But I resisted and came down with a banana and a few grapes! Just there about five minutes ago I went up to make a cuppa and there was loads left. Scones, danishes, pancakes. I practically had to not look at the table! But again I managed not to take anything. Now all I can think about is food!! But drinking my tea here and trying to stay strong :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

GOOD LUCK GIRL
    :-q
    JOJOC123 wrote: »
    Hi everybody

Welcome PinkBottle - I second everything ergonomics has just said she is so right its all about positive thinking and planning. I find if I dont plan my lunch for the next day Im all over the place.

I have my WI in tonite and Im dreading it - was not very good at all to be honest, it my birthday on sat and TOM so I just went mad on the eating front but did a bit of walking so not sure how it will go but hey there is always next week.

If im up it will be the kick in the ass I need to get going again. If i stay the same or down (I wish) then ill keep going.

Sorry for the rant guys!!!

Wish me luck for tonite;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Went to WW

-1lb

Am delighted!!! Am getting chips from a savage chipper today and having it as my treat, for the rest of the week I not limiting myself on anything, cos if I limit I will want it, once I go to college prepared and eat lil and often and have a homemade sweet treat in college for what ifs then I will be ok and I find the only way I will loose the last of the weight is EXERCISE!!!! Didn't go last night, had a nice shower instead but I feel super slim and flat tummyied today so its looking up!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

-3lbs !

I can't believe it, I really thought I was going to stay the same. I'm back on the Core plan it suits me a lot better. I'm going away for the weekend and I'm really looking forward to having a swim and a sauna and just chilling out.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭PinkBottle

Thanks Milliboo and Ergonomics - appreciate that, I really want to do my best with WW, I know full well it will be hard but then again, so is life.
    What tips would you give for Lunch? I'm in a runt over that something that I can eat in the middle of the day without having too many points while at the same time I can bring it with me to work/uni.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭cowhands

Thanks Milliboo and Ergonomics - appreciate that, I really want to do my best with WW, I know full well it will be hard but then again, so is life.
    What tips would you give for Lunch? I'm in a runt over that something that I can eat in the middle of the day without having too many points while at the same time I can bring it with me to work/uni.

For lunches I try save some left over dinner from the night before
    For instance today I had left over pork stir fry with rice pinged in the microwave and only costed me 4.5 pts
    (I used blue dragon sauce the night before 1pt for the whole packet! and they are so tastey! lots of peppers, carrots, onions, mushrooms etc)
    Half a bag of rice 1.5pts)

And I feel really satisified.

Other things I like to eat for lunch are left over spag bol

60g pasta with stir in sauce with green salad no dressing - 4pts

Hot cups - 1pt

baked potato and beans 5.5pts

Tomato and pepper omlettes 4 pts

Betternut and red pepper soup (homemade) 0pts

I think preparation is really important for lunch as its so easy to just run down to the deli!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Snaggle0705

Hi all,

I'm on 22 points per day at the moment and this works for me...
    I divide my points up per meal... 4 for breakfast, 4-6 for lunch and 6-8 for dinner... treats/snacks 2-3 (bad days, I use them all!)
    The rest I save for the weekend.
    My treats vary but my staples are...
    • WW Tortillas (1 point)
    • LFC's (1.5 points)
    • WW Eclairs (1.5 point & better than s*x)
    • WW Yogurts (.5 point)
    • I also love liquorice - Tesco do a decent bag of liquorice twists (6 for 1 point)
    • Tesco Chilli Rice Crackers (.5 point)
    • Melba Toast (1 point) & LC Extra Light (.3)
    I make free soup all the time - put lots of vegetables in pot and cook them; add tinned tomatoes & stock and blend... I bring it every day for lunch and have salad and chicken breast... the only thing I have to point is the chicken breast. ;)

Good idea also to cook a bit extra at night and bring it for lunch...

Like some of the others, I spend some time the night before preparing my food for the following day. Honestly, it does pay to be prepared and always have something to hand in case you get stuck. If you're not prepared, you're liable to go for something that will cost you too many points and end up having to claw them back...

Keep up the good work everyone... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mrssummer

Hi guys. Just wanted to say I think you are doing great. Very motivating!! i joined ww in july just after I had my ds. Have lost 1 stone 7 lbs so far but have another 1.5 stone to go to get to goal. Anyway going back to work after mat leave & wont be able to attend meetings. Could get to weigh in during my lunch break but cant stay for class. Just wondering what ye think. Would this be a total waste of money. Would i be better doing ww online or something? thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fatewatchers

Found this tread on boards tonight and was delighted.
    I'm just after joining WW and to be honest, I knew I needed to lose the stones, but I didn't think I weighed as much as I did, I got such a shock. Part of the weigh in has edged me on to lose the flab, but a large part of me (no pun intended) keeps telling myself not to bother that it won't work.
    I guess what I am really looking for it some advice, what do I stay well clear of, and avoid like the plague, and how do I make sure I stick to the plan, because if truth be told, I'm not happy with how I look, I don't like going out on nights out with my friends because they have amazing bodies and clothes hang off them while my clothes cling to me. :(
    It really doesn't help that I have such a huge sweet tooth, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Pinkbottle,

I have 9 stone to lose in total. If I think about it in terms of that, it's just.... insurmountable.

But I'm taking it a stone at a time and I am 2.5lbs shy of having two stones lost. Since January 14th. It's only my 7th weigh in tonight but I am just under a quarter of the way there already! Obviously, the rate of loss will slow down as I go on but I am getting through it by setting myself mini-goals. Each 7lbs is a mini goal, each stone, each silver seven, the reduction of a dress size, my BMI has come out of the morbidly obese category.... all in seven weeks. Hopefully tonight, I wll have a loss of 2.5lbs and I'll get my fourth silver seven. But even if I only have a half a pound off, it's better than going up!!

I definitely think weight loss is all in the head. Obviously, you can follow a diet and exercise regime, anyone can do that, but it's the determination and willpower that you can muster from within yourself that is going to make the big difference.

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Like Millieboo, Ergonomics and Fatewatchers said Hang On in there. Thank you again to everyone this week I had a nightmare week and everyone was so kind, supportive and motivating. I can't tell you all how much I appreciated it.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

i stayed the same this week but then again i did have a wedding last friday so it was kinda expected.

here's to next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

What a week!! Been really bold drank loads of wine at the weekend, though I kept the food to the plan. Was feeling really demotivated yesterday thinking that I had definintely put on weight again this week (after my 0.5lb increase last week) so I went out and had myself a massive burger, large chips and curry sauce! So I had my WI this evening and was down 4lbs - so thrilled with myself. But next week I'm going to be really really good so I maintain the loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fatewatchers

Just back from WI, can't quite believe it or understand how but the result was....

-8.5lbs!!!!!!!!

I am beyond delighted, can't believe it. After last weeks 0.5lb loss I thought I was starting to plateau?! It's not even TOTM so I don't get how I lost so much at all. Oh well, I'm still delighted even if I don't understand it :D

So 34lbs lost in total over 7 WI's, one more pound til I get 2.5 stone off.

I rule! That is all :D

Just back from WI, can't quite believe it or understand how but the result was....

-8.5lbs!!!!!!!!

I am beyond delighted, can't believe it. After last weeks 0.5lb loss I thought I was starting to plateau?! It's not even TOTM so I don't get how I lost so much at all. Oh well, I'm still delighted even if I don't understand it :D

So 34lbs lost in total over 7 WI's, one more pound til I get 2.5 stone off.

I rule! That is all :D

I saw the post and went - fingers crossed you were down this week - holy crap :eek: that is a massive loss, fair play to you!!!!! You are doing amazing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

I actually find it really hard also, I am in college and I need to eat a snack between each class or my tummy growls sooo loudly during lecture ha, usually have piece of fruit but the points do mount up and I do try to save most points for night because I like big dinner and snacking. Don't have any access to microwave or anything so cant bring soup. have been having 4 slice ww brown bread with tuna and salad but its so darn boring!

Pembily, fatewatchers, slaygal, boodlesnoodles.......

congratulations, well done all of yo...I have been having a very difficult week sticking to the plan and getting head in the game, but reading your losses has inspired and motivated me....reminded me that its all worth it when you get a loss!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭sandy_c

Hi

Just some advice needed, i've been walking about 3 miles each day and walking up the stairs to the ninth floor in work for the last four days but i haven't been eating the points i earn just using my 18 a day. I've put up one pound this week....can too much exercise have the opposite effect?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

sandy_c wrote: »
    Hi

Just some advice needed, i've been walking about 3 miles each day and walking up the stairs to the ninth floor in work for the last four days but i haven't been eating the points i earn just using my 18 a day. I've put up one pound this week....can too much exercise have the opposite effect?

Possibly, since muscle weighs more than fat, you're possibly losing inches rather than pounds, might be time to get out the measuring tape.

I've had a couple of weeks where there was no weight loss, but clothes were definitely looser :)

• Advertisement

Hi

IMO, If you keep it up this week, you will have great loss next week....sometimes water retention or something can affect the weigh in. Sounds like your doing great, please don't get demotivated!:)

Millieboo wrote: »
    I actually find it really hard also, I am in college and I need to eat a snack between each class or my tummy growls sooo loudly during lecture ha, usually have piece of fruit but the points do mount up and I do try to save most points for night because I like big dinner and snacking. Don't have any access to microwave or anything so cant bring soup. have been having 4 slice ww brown bread with tuna and salad but its so darn boring!

Don't say never - you can bring soup in a flask. If you scald the flask first and heat the soup extra hot then it stays hot until lunch!!! I was doing that for a while its great, suppose it means bringing more into college with you but I bring the following
    - fruit in tupperwaret
    - breakfast in tupperware
    - lunch in tupperware
    - tea in tupperware
    - yogurt in tupperware

So most days I bring about 6 containers to college with me, I could get shares in Tupperware:rolleyes:

Hi

You may find that you notice the lost next week, don't get disheartened, stick with it!!! x

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭sandy_c

I'll keep the fingers crossed for next week, i've never done so much exercise, i'm knackered!
    Pembily wrote: »
    Don't say never - you can bring soup in a flask. If you scald the flask first and heat the soup extra hot then it stays hot until lunch!!! I was doing that for a while its great, suppose it means bringing more into college with you but I bring the following
    - fruit in tupperwaret
    - breakfast in tupperware
    - lunch in tupperware
    - tea in tupperware
    - yogurt in tupperware

So most days I bring about 6 containers to college with me, I could get shares in Tupperware:rolleyes:

You may find that you notice the lost next week, don't get disheartened, stick with it!!! x

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

Millieboo wrote: »

Millieboo there's no microwaves at my work either but I bought a decent flask (brand name) and bring my soup in it. Been a complete godsend. YOu can get wide necked flasks if you want to bring stews etc I saw it in the Argos catalogue after I'd bought mine. I also got a tupperware set in Lidl with loads of different sized containers. My favourite snack at the moment is a meringue nest smothered in low fat yogurt. They are a terror for eating sweets where I work but now I have little containers of grapes or carrot sticks etc to fill me up - not exciting but it keeps the growls away.

Cheers Pembily & Boodles, I hadn't actually thought of that just thought soup would go cold but will def purchase flask this wkend and give it a go next week. Will just have to get a bit more inventive with lunches!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dublingal80

everyone is just doing amazing!! Well done all! weigh in is tomorrow and i feel like i have put on a few lbs. at least 2. definitely not a loss :( just feel really crappy when everyone else is doing so well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Congrats to everyone! I'm a loser too!
    - 2lbs

Four and a half pounds till the tens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to everyone! I'm a loser too!
    - 2lbs

Four and a half pounds till the tens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woopwoopwoopwoopwoop :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Thanks!! :D:D:D

New low point treat! You know this lovely iced gems! (think birthday party circa 1995!)

Only 1.5 points for a pack!!!! Bargain! loads of yummy eating in them! :D

• Advertisement

Thanks!! :D:D:D

New low point treat! You know this lovely iced gems! (think birthday party circa 1995!)

Only 1.5 points for a pack!!!! Bargain! loads of yummy eating in them! :D

995995.jpg

723816.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement