Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dublingal80

how much is it for the bag of 6

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

No there's six bags in the photo! 1.5 per little bag according to my leader! And 1.5 in tesco fairy cakes with a little bit of icing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

how much is it for the bag of 6
    they are 1.69 in aldi if theres a store near you,and their lovely,a good munch!

No there's six bags in the photo! 1.5 per little bag according to my leader! And 1.5 in tesco fairy cakes with a little bit of icing!!!

ah i thought you got all of them in 1 bag!! hehehehe. i wish :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Thumpette wrote: »
    Hey all,

Had my first good weekend pretty much since I started where I didn’t have any little treats for the sake of it being the weekend so I’m really hoping for a good result this week!

Weight loss so far: (I’m 5’7)
    Starting weight: 13 stone 1 pound
    Week 2- 12 stone 11.5 - pound (loss of 3.5 pound)
    Week 3- 12 stone 11.5 pound (no change)
    Week 4- 12 stone 8 pound (total loss 7 ib)
    Week 5- 12 stone 8 pound (no change)
    Week 6- 12 stone 5 pound (total loss 10 pound)
    Week 7- 12 stone 2.5 pound (total loss 12.5 pound)
    Week 8 - Hoping to hit the stone!

Would love to break the trend of every 2nd week staying the same. Would love to reach the stone loss between this week and next week. Fingers crossed!

Well broke the trend- down 2.5! Deeelighted! Hoping to hit a stone next week! Well done everyone on the great results!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Shinners13

Hi boys and girls how are you all keeping??
    Well i had my weigh in last night and i was down 2lbs!!!!
    So 10lbs down in 2 weeks very happy with that!
    Slaygal well done and just goes to show that we all have days where we feel crappy but if we stick with it we can succeed!!
    Jaqwui well done on the 5 lbs down you must be thrilled!
    I will have to try to get on more often now and see how everyones doing!
    From all ive read though you are all doing brilliantly so keep up the good work and so will i!
    I made homemade spag bol tonight it was delicious!
    Just spent nearly an hour reading everyones posts lol!!
    I think its Fatewatchers that lost an amazing 8.5lbs well done you your an inspiration hun you are doing brilliantly!
    Aanyways i will be on toomorrow night please god!
    Night night!
    xx

thanks rubadub for ur help,nearly have it,have writing no picture! what am i like?? anyway i was down 1 lb 2nite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

Thumpette wrote: »
    Week 7- 12 stone 2.5 pound (total loss 12.5 pound)
    Well broke the trend- down 2.5! Deeelighted! Hoping to hit a stone next week! Well done everyone on the great results!

Forgive me for this, I could be calculating wrong but:
    You've lost the stone haven't u? If you went from 13st 1 to 12 st 1 thats a stone, and you're 12 stone now right? (12.5 + 2.5 =15 pounds or 1st 1 pound)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

Very pedantic last post sorry Thumpette, congratulations on the loss. Its always great to see the hard work pay off on the scales!
    I'm three pounds away from getting into the 10 stones which will be amazing! I went to my friend's birthday last week and made a big effort with my hair, clothes etc which I wouldn't have done before (or less of an effort anyway). Felt great and got loads of compliments, both on the night and afterwards when I posted photos on facebook! It was the first time in a long time, that I didn't feel extremely self conscious! So here's to 10 stone in 2010 (my goal since 2008, once I get there I may go further, not too much just to a point where I'm comfortable, and my body is happy!)
    Love and support to everyone else out there, we are all beautiful no matter what weight we are! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Leo25

Hey everyone!!!
    Well done on all the losses this week, everyone's doing great.
    Had WI last night and was down 3lb, was delighted. Thats 11lb in WW and 19 altogether cos i started a week or two before i joined up!!
    Love all the ideas for lunches, my main problem is having nearly the same thing every day and then you get fed up!!

• Advertisement

i had my weigh in this morning... had a sneaky weigh in on Monday to see the damage after the weekend and had put on a good but and I couldnt believe it when I saw minus 0.5!! I honest to god I thoguht I would have put at least a pound, pound and a half on. SO relieved.
    The next 7 days are going to be SO good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭harvardgal2

Hey all, great stuff on the losses. They really help with the motivation. So keep it up.

I'm the opposite of late having put on 8.5 pounds!!! So I started my own food diary, no running away from my sins there, and I honestly don't want to put on anymore. If I did I know I'd never stop......

So will be checking in here for motivation and tips but more concentrating on the diaries section. I know a few of you have been reading my diary so thanks a million. It really helps me as I know I have others to check up on me which I need :) 8.5 to loose( I'm a Gold member, who put up that weight, was maintaining).............. Started 2 days ago. So watch this space

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Hi Everybody

Well done on all the loses this week they have been absolutely fab!!!

Had my WI last nite and was down 1lb could not believe it after the weekend I had so this week i am very determined not to be up!!!

Onwards and downwards - thats my motto for 2010!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 spontits

Hey everyone....

started ww on the 3rd feb, so far lost 10.5...

1st week lost 5
    2nd week lost 2
    3rd week lost 2
    4th week lost 1.5

WI wed night and tonight i am going out on my christmas party... slightly late i know... but already dreading next wed :(:(
    was away last weekend and really thought i'd be up on wed, so delighted i lost 1.5...
    just have visions of it being a delayed reaction and piling it on at the next WI :(
    stress of it!!

and to top it off sprained my ankle in work 2 weeks ago so the excercise has been non existent :(

any ideas on how to do some excerise that doesnt involve using feet...ha

oh no thats awful you sprained your ankle, you poor thing. I cant really think of what you could do. maybe get tins or bottles full of water and work out your arms. also, just be a small bit more careful waht you are eating. fill up on your no points soups, or even if you know someone that has crutches, borrow them and that will give you a work out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 spontits

never even thought of working out a different part of my body.. good thinking :):) i'm just in walking mode, and now i cant do my walks, i was stuck, will get some tins out and do a lil bit now :)

just hope i keep going down at my WI's

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

I was down 2 lbs this week. Thrilled with myself!

I find as the weeks go on (week 9 now) it's gettin easier! :cool:
    It took me a while to get my head around portion size and points but now I think I've mastered it. Seein a huge change in my body, such an incredible feeling.

Hope to be at goal for end of July for a holiday with my bf. Can't wait for the bikini shoppin~ never thought I'd say that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

I've been lurking here for over a week and your comments and success is inspiring. I joined WW week before last. I've 3 stone to lose. I lost 5 pounds first meeting on Tuesday. I was delighted. I'm not finding it too difficult...just the organisation really. I'm doing well so far this week. I'm staying in this weekend so that should keep me disciplined.

No added sugar Hartley Jelly tubs are a Godsend!! 0 points :D

Godd luck everyone this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭PinkBottle

cowhands wrote: »
    For lunches I try save some left over dinner from the night before
    For instance today I had left over pork stir fry with rice pinged in the microwave and only costed me 4.5 pts
    (I used blue dragon sauce the night before 1pt for the whole packet! and they are so tastey! lots of peppers, carrots, onions, mushrooms etc)
    Half a bag of rice 1.5pts)

And I feel really satisified.

Other things I like to eat for lunch are left over spag bol

60g pasta with stir in sauce with green salad no dressing - 4pts

Hot cups - 1pt

baked potato and beans 5.5pts

Tomato and pepper omlettes 4 pts

Betternut and red pepper soup (homemade) 0pts

I think preparation is really important for lunch as its so easy to just run down to the deli!

Thanks for that, its perfect! And I know, running to the Deli is so easy to do. I want to give this a proper go through, and already I'm struggling. :(
    Also, how do you "thank" posts? There are a few I want to thank but am unsure how to.

Millieboo wrote: »
    I actually find it really hard also, I am in college and I need to eat a snack between each class or my tummy growls sooo loudly during lecture ha, usually have piece of fruit but the points do mount up and I do try to save most points for night because I like big dinner and snacking. Don't have any access to microwave or anything so cant bring soup. have been having 4 slice ww brown bread with tuna and salad but its so darn boring!

Thats where I am lucky, I do have access to a microwave at Uni, but like you, I have a big problem with snacking, and liking a big dinner in the evenings. The 18pt limit a day is kinda hard, but I'm so worried I'm going to gain the lbs this week and not lose them :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

PinkBottle wrote: »
    Thanks for that, its perfect! And I know, running to the Deli is so easy to do. I want to give this a proper go through, and already I'm struggling. :(
    Also, how do you "thank" posts? There are a few I want to thank but am unsure how to.

Its the thumb to the bottom right of the post!!!
    Thats where I am lucky, I do have access to a microwave at Uni, but like you, I have a big problem with snacking, and liking a big dinner in the evenings. The 18pt limit a day is kinda hard, but I'm so worried I'm going to gain the lbs this week and not lose them :(

If you worry you will eat!!! Relax, if you snack on fruit and ww jellies it wont break the point bank ;)

don`t know whats up 2day,can`t stop eating,i don`t even feel hungry really! i had bought a tracker book at ww last and was goin to do the devil an` all 2day! did nought,was even too tired 2 walk this eve!13 weeks to summer hols and i can`t get my head around it:(,nearly feelin depressed now!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

I have 20 points dreading loosing a point when I go under the next stone (but will obv be worth it). Don't stress, honestly it will affect your weigh in if you worry, just chill and do your best, whatever happens at WI happens and then you can aim to have really good week next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

hollyhock wrote: »
    don`t know whats up 2day,can`t stop eating,i don`t even feel hungry really! i had bought a tracker book at ww last and was goin to do the devil an` all 2day! did nought,was even too tired 2 walk this eve!13 weeks to summer hols and i can`t get my head around it:(,nearly feelin depressed now!

Don't beat yourself up, you can't be good everyday - life gets in the way. Just get back in the game tomorrow morning, don't let today derail you. Everyone has bad days - your human! :)

Pembily wrote: »
    Its the thumb to the bottom right of the post!!!

If you worry you will eat!!! Relax, if you snack on fruit and ww jellies it wont break the point bank ;)

Thanks, I know its going to sound super stupid, but I can't see any thumb! Also, where can you buy the WW jellies?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Melia

Thanks, I know its going to sound super stupid, but I can't see any thumb! Also, where can you buy the WW jellies?

I think you have to have ten posts before it appears...

Melia wrote: »
    I think you have to have ten posts before it appears...

Thanks Melia :)

thanks millieboo!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Milky Way

Hi everyone! You are all doing fantastic this week!So after my fairly disasterous week 1 I have settled in reasonably well- sticking to my points, getting some exercise. Had a look at scales a little early cos I won't be home again until Monday night and -4lbs!!! Am really thrilled.:D

I am now facing my big challenge. Tomorrow I start work at 9am and finish at approx 6pm Monday. Have always found this really tough cos tend to be dreadfully busy, not get regular meals and snack in between. Also tend to get very hungry when hitting the 24hour mark, and when I'm exhausted usually feel like I deserve that Moro!

I have no proper cooking facility but will have a microwave so can try have something prepared for one meal. And will bring some popcorn etc, but think it will be really hard to manage on 22 points. Have planned to save 4 today and maybe will have to break into some of my activity points. It's working these shifts that really made me put on weight to begin with so don't want them to jeapordise my weight loss now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Shinners13

Hi everyone well first of all you are all doing really well so keep up the good work!
    I actually find coming on here and reading about everyones success when i am at home and doing nothing stops me from automatically going for the sweets, crisps, and biscuits here!!!!
    Milky Way first of all fair play to you doing such long hours i dont know how you do it!!
    I think you should bring 2 servings of no point soup to have as snacks as its very filling and then the popcorns a good idea and bring fruit too to help you as the hours pass. 3 mandarins are great for a point lots of eating in them!! also why not bring some sugar free jelly to have when you feel you deserve the moro bar and have that and a little mini bar so your not feeling your missing out on your treat!!!!
    Best of luck anyways!
    xx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement