Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Thank you everyone for their support and good wishes. Fatewatchers very well done 8.5 pounds is amazing. I'm away on a family weekend away in Monaghan. I walked for 40 minutes and swam for 20 mins so I'm hoping that the vino and rich food won't have an effect on my waistline. Hope you all have lovely weekends.

Remember fail to plan and you plan to fail :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭harvardgal2

spontits wrote: »
    Hey everyone....

started ww on the 3rd feb, so far lost 10.5...

1st week lost 5
    2nd week lost 2
    3rd week lost 2
    4th week lost 1.5

WI wed night and tonight i am going out on my christmas party... slightly late i know... but already dreading next wed :(:(
    was away last weekend and really thought i'd be up on wed, so delighted i lost 1.5...
    just have visions of it being a delayed reaction and piling it on at the next WI :(
    stress of it!!

and to top it off sprained my ankle in work 2 weeks ago so the excercise has been non existent :(

any ideas on how to do some excerise that doesnt involve using feet...ha

Hey Spontits.

Can you swim? Smimming is great when recovering from an injury and its non weight bearing. And its a great workout and calorie burner :) If you can swim, go for a dip :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rene2211

hi all..
    i have just joined i boards.... i am going to join weight watchers this
    week...
    i did it before and did great...so i hope i will stick too it as good as i did before...
    by reading your posts u are all doin gr8...

:)so fingers crossed here i go. ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Shinners13

Rene best of luck with it i am sure you will do brilliant!!
    Keep us all posted on how well you are doing!!
    xx

ok just seeing will my ticker work

• Advertisement

Yeay!!! Go doggy go!!!!

thanks

i feel i am gonna need alll the help

will keep u all posted...

this is my first time here...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

Hey all, well I was down 1lb on Saturday. I was a bit disappointed because I have noticed a huge difference in my clothes last week, everything feels looser and I thought I had lost more. I did well on the eating all week and started the running. I guess I should be happy to lose anything but I did feel a bit gutted on Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dublingal80

dont be worrying too much that its "only" a pound. Did you google what a pound of butter looks like? If you are exercising you are probably toning up too and adding more muscle, hence why clothes are loser but the weight loss was not what you were hoping.

Personally Id rather to go down a size in clothes, and notice a difference than just see a difference on the scale!!

Too true dublingal80, I'm actually going to buy an inch tape today to measure up so I can track Inch loss as I've realised it's just as important as Weight Loss. Good Luck Rene 2211 & Pink Lady keep up the good work, watch the inches as well especially when your clothes are looser, that's what matters right! :)

• Advertisement

Sorry PinkChick.... not Pink Lady, oops ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

Thanks guys, I know you are right and I should now better at this stage! But I guess I had sort of built myself up a bit because I was noticing something different in my clothes. I know I am going in the right direction so hopefully will keep going there! Roll on next Saturday :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Argh! I don't know what it is but I can never stick to WW from Thursday - Sunday. I was away this weekend so had to eat out but ended up completely pigging out. Once I started I couldn't stop. I really wanted to be down 1lb this week to get my stone and a half but I'm not hopeful now!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Hi everybody

Ergonomics I hear u about the thursday to sunday thing although mine is fri to sun cos i have WI on thursday nite!!

If your extra good from now till ur WI then maybe u wont have done so much damage!!! Fingers crossed well thats the way I feel about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Pinkchick if you can lose a pound a week for 14 weeks, that's a stone.
    When we gain weight it's a pound at time so when we lose it the same applies. I'm the same as you I want results asap.
    Shinners 13 I can't believe you'll lost 10 pounds in a couple of weeks, well done.
    Jojoc123 I'm the same at the weekends.

ergonomics wrote: »
    Argh! I don't know what it is but I can never stick to WW from Thursday - Sunday. I was away this weekend so had to eat out but ended up completely pigging out. Once I started I couldn't stop. I really wanted to be down 1lb this week to get my stone and a half but I'm not hopeful now!

just try and take it as a lesson learned. next thurs, when you feel a binge coming on, come back here and read your post and it might help you chose differently. But im the same at weekdsn, but weigh in is friday so its not too bad. Just try and get out for a big walk today and have 0 point soup as your dinner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fatewatchers

Hi folks,

thanks for all your well wishes, they are very much appreciated :)

Just wanted to ask ye... the dreaded TOTM is on the horizon for the day of my weigh in, due to arrive on or around Thursday. The associated bloating is starting to happen now and I am drinking gallons of water, went for a long walk today, had a nice bowl of zero point soup.... is there anything else that I can do to keep it at bay?! I am already fully sure I'll have no weight off on Thursday because of this, even though I'm being really good. The last WI I had when it was TOTM, I was down a half pound, followed by a 6lbs loss the week after. Seeing as I had such a huge loss last week, my goal this week is to lose 1lb, because that will bring me to my fifth silver seven and 35lbs loss. Think it might not happen now cos I'm starting to puff up like a balloon and it's only Monday :(

Any tips to quell the bloating and water retention?!

Slaygal thanks very much hun!!
    Only a million to go haha!! All in its own good time i am sure!
    I am due up for a weigh in now on Wednesday so fingers crossed i will be down something!!!
    Fatewatchers i know it must be hard to not have a result when you have been really good but you know once you keep at it you will have a loss the following week so if you arent down dont be disheartened!!!
    xx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Hi folks,

thanks for all your well wishes, they are very much appreciated :)

Just wanted to ask ye... the dreaded TOTM is on the horizon for the day of my weigh in, due to arrive on or around Thursday. The associated bloating is starting to happen now and I am drinking gallons of water, went for a long walk today, had a nice bowl of zero point soup.... is there anything else that I can do to keep it at bay?! I am already fully sure I'll have no weight off on Thursday because of this, even though I'm being really good. The last WI I had when it was TOTM, I was down a half pound, followed by a 6lbs loss the week after. Seeing as I had such a huge loss last week, my goal this week is to lose 1lb, because that will bring me to my fifth silver seven and 35lbs loss. Think it might not happen now cos I'm starting to puff up like a balloon and it's only Monday :(

Any tips to quell the bloating and water retention?!

Sorry I'm relatively new to this so no tips for you on that bloating water retention thing ......I guess its mother nature

but

can I just say ....you are that close to your FIFTH silver seven. You are amazing to have achieved that already!!! :D

This thread is the business - just reading how well everyone else is doing ...how hard people find it at times....how apprehensive people get the day before weigh in!!! It makes you realise there are plenty more people in the same boat as me.

Pink Chick, I remember when I did Weight Watchers before...and like you on some weeks I could feel the weight loss on my clothes but it didn't show up on the scale. I'd be standing there thinking - but I feel half a stone lighter!!!!:eek: It's true, in my opinion, that your clothes tell a more honest story than the weighing scales. It's so nice when you put something on and it doesn't feel quite as snug as before. I heard some women behind me at my meeting last week talking. One of the women was disappointed with her loss as she felt she'd done everything right that week and stepped up the exercise. The lady she was talking to said 'oh you'll see it in the weigh in next week

'....a good week is never wasted'

Joined back to weight watchers this am.....

today is Day 1.................

i am motivated............and so far so good..

xxxx

• Advertisement

well done for making the step and best of luck too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

Had WI last night and was -2.5lbs, only delighted! had been up .5 last week and had had a terrible week, where my head was not in the game....so this week I was determined to get back into it and not let it derail me. So pleased that I have gotten back on track because its usually around now (8 weeks) that I have given up WW before.

Its so satisfying when you work hard and have good week and you get the results you want on scales! Really motivating!

thanks xxx

just joined here...great to read the reports and that..

fingers crossed now....:):)

Am starved though.....

Rene best of luck now starting up!!
    Get yourself organised re. brekkies lunches and dinners and you cant go too wrong then!
    I am being very good lately organising myself and god help everyone else in my house cos they are all eating whatever dinners i want and theres no treats in the house anymore either!
    Ah well they could all do with losing weight anyways lol!!
    My dad is trying to lose weight so it suits him down to the ground.
    Ive had a good day today woohoo!! Weigh in is tomorrow i hope its a good result!!
    Millie boo well done fair play to you!!!

thanks SHINNERS..

thanks your doing gr8 by the sounds of it... fair play too ya...

day 1done for me thank god.....

did well really...even ,managed a walk so fingers crossed..

good luck with the weigh in 2moro....

its gr8 :):)

Well done Rene on the walking and all it will pay off or you for sure!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Gained 1/2lb but I am happy with that!! Tried on some of my old size 22clothes for this vid!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

Looking great Jwacqui! You've lost a huge amount of weight! Thats such an achievement congrats!

Had my weight watchers weigh in just there, was down 1.5 pounds (Was surprised at that cos I stayed the same weight as last wk on my scales at home). Pretty chuffed at that cos I was sick with a cold this last week, didn't go for as many walks, and had a few treats at the weekend! Was good yesterday and Monday so I'd say that helped. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 lauramay

i think weight watchers is a brilliant healthy way to lose weight
    week 1 done 2day and im gonna weigh myself l8r fingers crossed:)
    x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

anybody know how many points are in those mallowy sweets- the ones like flogs?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement