Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

Hi All,
    Well could not believe it last night at WI that I was up 0.5lb, i know its not that much, but i have been seriously good, its very demotivating to be honest, thank god im off all choc, crisps, biscuits, basically anything thats bad for you for lent, or i def would have had a good bit! Just very frustrating. Went on loads of walks too, maybe its not enough. Heres hoping that next week I will have a better result.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

I've got my WI tonight I'm expecting to have put on a few pounds after the weekend away but if I do at least I know why.

Jwacqui, I can't believe the difference you don't look like the same person.
    Shinners fingers crossed for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Looking great Jwacqui! You've lost a huge amount of weight! Thats such an achievement congrats!

Had my weight watchers weigh in just there, was down 1.5 pounds (Was surprised at that cos I stayed the same weight as last wk on my scales at home). Pretty chuffed at that cos I was sick with a cold this last week, didn't go for as many walks, and had a few treats at the weekend! Was good yesterday and Monday so I'd say that helped. :D

Thanks!

Well done on the loss! Goes to show that we can still have a little of what we want and lose! It's all about living life! :p
    Slaygal wrote: »
    I've got my WI tonight I'm expecting to have put on a few pounds after the weekend away but if I do at least I know why.

Jwacqui, I can't believe the difference you don't look like the same person.

Best of luck with your weigh in!! Hope it goes well and if not at least u enjoyed yourself and there's a reason behind it! ;)

Thanks! I do not feel like the same person!!
    kty wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Well could not believe it last night at WI that I was up 0.5lb, i know its not that much, but i have been seriously good, its very demotivating to be honest, thank god im off all choc, crisps, biscuits, basically anything thats bad for you for lent, or i def would have had a good bit! Just very frustrating. Went on loads of walks too, maybe its not enough. Heres hoping that next week I will have a better result.:o

Don't get down! Half a pound is nothing!! It's pretty much a sts! :p Your hard work will not go to waste! It always pays off! Trust me!!

Good luck next week! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Argh, 1lb on. I kinda knew I would be. Ah well, I'll just have to lose 2lbs next week to be down my stone and a half!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Shinners13

Hi girls well good news i was down 3.5lbs tonight so i am chuffed with myself!
    Got to my meeting late cos was stuck in work so missed half of the talk but they had a lady in tonight who was only 6.5 lbs away from goal and had lost 5 stone in a year she looked fabulous!!
    God its so motivating when you see that!
    Slaygal how did you get on after your weekend away?? Im sure you saw that woman this evening if you were at the meeting.
    Brainy neuron well done girl fair play to you!!!
    Ergonomics it will be well gone by next week wait and see you will have your third silver seven!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Shinners13

Jwacqui i just want to say that you are just brilliant i hope i have the perseverence that you have had the difference in you is just amazing you look absolutely brilliant.
    Every week your video cheers me up so much and motivates me so much you are just great!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dublingal80

Shinners13 wrote: »
    Hi girls well good news i was down 3.5lbs tonight so i am chuffed with myself!
    Got to my meeting late cos was stuck in work so missed half of the talk but they had a lady in tonight who was only 6.5 lbs away from goal and had lost 5 stone in a year she looked fabulous!!
    God its so motivating when you see that!
    Slaygal how did you get on after your weekend away?? Im sure you saw that woman this evening if you were at the meeting.
    Brainy neuron well done girl fair play to you!!!
    Ergonomics it will be well gone by next week wait and see you will have your third silver seven!!

well done on an amazing loss!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭harvardgal2

Hey guys, good stuff on the losses. And those who gained don't worry, just start over tomorrow and use the gain as motivation.

I gained 8.5 in 2-3 weeks there so went very strict this week and was down 4lbs. Very pleased as I worked very hard and exercised like a maniac, so glad it paid off. Just another 4.5 to go to get back to where I was and I wasn't happy there either but i'll worry about that when I get there (maybe after that shocking gain I will be happy enough back there :) )!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Hey guys, good stuff on the losses. And those who gained don't worry, just start over tomorrow and use the gain as motivation.

I gained 8.5 in 2-3 weeks there so went very strict this week and was down 4lbs. Very pleased as I worked very hard and exercised like a maniac, so glad it paid off. Just another 4.5 to go to get back to where I was and I wasn't happy there either but i'll worry about that when I get there (maybe after that shocking gain I will be happy enough back there :) )!!!!

Wow super motivation there! I'm so bad when I gain, I just want to give. Maybe this time round cos I'm logging on here it will be easier. I have to say, I know some of you gained yesterday and today, but I think you're all so great to come on here straight away and evaluate what went wrong and what you may need to do to lose again. So practical. I hope I can look at it that way when the inevitable happens!

Well done to everyone who lost. Its really exciting!

I lost 1 and a half pounds, this week, Week 2, so 6 and a half altogether. If I'm really, really good I'll have my silver seven next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭lly

Hi all

I joined WW in Jan and lost 9 pounds.... Then didnt go for the last 4 weeks due to one thing and another.
    Anyway bit the bullet and went back tonight and thought I had probably put on most of what I had lost and had only put on 1.5. Am delighted with that and am looking forward to getting stuck in again.

Everyone on here is great and the support and encouragment does help. So good luck everyone and I look forward to hearing all about your losses and ways of making WW work for you.

Aim this week is to add in walking... need to make it part of my routine :rolleyes:

ps. Jwaqui, great video again this week. Can beleive the difference in the clothes. Well done :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Shinners13 wrote: »
    Jwacqui i just want to say that you are just brilliant i hope i have the perseverence that you have had the difference in you is just amazing you look absolutely brilliant.
    Every week your video cheers me up so much and motivates me so much you are just great!!!

Thank you so much!! :D
    I love that you you like my videos! Thanks! Makes me want to keep doing them!! You will get there! Just have the patience and let it happen! ;)
    lly wrote: »
    Hi all

I joined WW in Jan and lost 9 pounds.... Then didnt go for the last 4 weeks due to one thing and another.
    Anyway bit the bullet and went back tonight and thought I had probably put on most of what I had lost and had only put on 1.5. Am delighted with that and am looking forward to getting stuck in again.

ps. Jwaqui, great video again this week. Can beleive the difference in the clothes. Well done :D

Well done that's great work!! Keep it up! I would say try get to your meeting no matter what! It's an hour that will get you closer to where you want to be!

Thanks!! Even though I am nearly down 5stone is still shocks me! I must have watched the end of that vid ten times! I can't believe its me!! :o

Well done to everybody on their losses!! Amazing work! Keep it up! ;)

Hello, I went up by 1.5 pounds but at least I know why. I had a great weekend.:)

Well done Shinners :) oh my god you've lost nearly a stone, WOW ! Tina was a real character and an amazing woman.

Jwacqui keep up your fantastic work, you're such an inspiration and a fantastic support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

Don't get down! Half a pound is nothing!! It's pretty much a sts! :p Your hard work will not go to waste! It always pays off! Trust me!!

Good luck next week! :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks Jwacqui! I know its not much, but very frustrating, i seem to be down 2 or 1 lbs and then up a lb, its just very slow, but i suppose that is better, as i will hopefully keep it off for longer. I dont have a huge ammount of weight to lose either, just would love to get to my first stone, then just have one more to go!:rolleyes: I must say you are an inspiration, you have lost a huge amount of weight, you must feel like a different person, congrats. Must have been a great feeling to throw away all your old clothes too! Best of luck you too next week. heres hoping to a good week.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Snaggle0705

Hi everyone,
    Joined on 14th Jan, and have just lost my 1st STONE!!! Am thrilled and I have to say, I found it really easy... Like a switch has gone on in my head... I know the more I lose, the harder it will be but am sick of trying to hide under baggy tops and really want to be able to tuck a t-shirt into my jeans and walk around proudly! :)
    Am delighted I joined WW - had I not, I would still be the same weight I was 7 weeks ago...
    I really draw great inspiration from this thread - tips are great and the way everyone encourages each other...
    Good weather nearly here (hopefully!) so keep going - remember, every journey starts with a single step? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Mother Teresa

Hi all
    Newbie to the site here. Delighted to find a weight watcher thread. I've been reading the posts and you're all very inspiring and supportive!
    I've been a member of WW on and off for the last 7 years, joining, nearing goal and then leaving. Finally stuck with it and got my gold card 2 years ago. I maintained successfully up until recently, and suddenly its creepring back on.
    I'm going to bite the bullet and head to a meeting tonight, the sooner I know the damage, the sooner I can start getting it off again. Wish me luck!:)

Best of luck MT!! You're doing the right thing - I wish I had kicked myself in the a** about 2 years ago...
    Keep us 'posted'! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭lly

Hi everyone,
    Joined on 14th Jan, and have just lost my 1st STONE!!! Am thrilled and I have to say, I found it really easy... Like a switch has gone on in my head... I know the more I lose, the harder it will be but am sick of trying to hide under baggy tops and really want to be able to tuck a t-shirt into my jeans and walk around proudly! :)
    Am delighted I joined WW - had I not, I would still be the same weight I was 7 weeks ago...
    I really draw great inspiration from this thread - tips are great and the way everyone encourages each other...
    Good weather nearly here (hopefully!) so keep going - remember, every journey starts with a single step? :p

Hi Snaggle

Well done on the first stone.... and you are right each step is very important to get to goal..

Another quote I like which is helping me realise I have to change habits is

If you always do what you always did - you will always get what you always got :)

lly :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Leo25

Hey guys, some great weight losses this week!!!
    Have my WI tonight and not looking forward to it!! Was my birthday yesterday and have got 5 different b-day cakes!! had only tiny slivers of them but know its going leave me up this week!!
    This is normally when i've been to WW before that i wouldn't go and get weighed but this time i'm just going to go and get it over with and start a fresh next week!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭jakeypooh

Im like MT I have been reading posts for ages and finally go up courage to join in
    Well done on all of you doing so well - its fantastic to hear
    Im a gold member have been for 12 years have 7lbs to get back to goal, just seems to have creeped back on since Christmas I was being good monday to thurs then kidding myself I was able to do what I wanted at weekends but clothes starting getting increasingly tighter so I joined back new class in Kildare on Wed last - lovely new leader there she really encouraged me (for a change there is another leader near here that isn't very nice at all)
    Was down 1lb last night wished it was more but at least its down

Fair play for being gold for 12 years!
    Would like to just get there... Really annoyed with myself that I've just let myself get bigger and bigger, buy bigger sized clothes and convince myself I'm ok!
    I hope I can keep thinking the way I am now and get to goal by end of year - am imaging a SLIM Christmas for a change instead of having to go to O'Mearas (tents) for something to wear...
    Keep at it - you've done it before so you can definitely do it again!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

K I gave up the WI's in ww as I don't have time...

I weighed myself this morning and I was 10st 11 this morning down from 10st 12

Back on track!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭harvardgal2

This thread is a life saver :) Was feeling miserable so came on her to keep from loosing my motivation and hitting the bisuits :eek: And its worked.

Well done Pembily, keep it up :)

Snaggle 0705, a stone in a month is amazing, keep it up and that Gold Card will be yours. Well done.

Jakeypooh, 12 years wow, I'm Gold 2 years and I'm still struggling so your defo an inspiration, it'll all come back to you and you'll have the 7 gone in no time. Good luck. PS a pound is a pound less!!!

Leo25, yep a bad week is when you need your meeting most, so go and just start afresh from there. It was your Bday, you are alllowed a treat, belated Happy Birthday :)

He he, I am feeling all positive now. Just had a crap day, and after my loss yesterday I should be buzzing and motivated but tiredness kicked in and I forgot that feeling, but I've got it back now. There were millions of chocolates at work today and I managed to resist, hurray :)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭jakeypooh

Thanks guys I know a pound is good and its a pound less but there were lots of bigger losses and one man had had 13 pints of guinness.... wine only went past my lips one night
    But I am glad
    Feeling positive and have weekend planned out so that should help
    I find the weekends the worst time to stay on track especially sat and sun fri I seem to be ok with

jakeypooh I find the weekend toughs too, but if you can save a couple of points even over 2 days there'll be enough to have a treat at the weekends. I find that now when i have a treat it's because I really want it and I enjoy it a lot more. Also see you can find smaller versions of your favourite treats or share with a friend.

Leo25 I agree with fatewatchers, the bad weeks are the weeks you need your meeting the most. I'm feeling very positive this week tracking like a demon, getting walks in and I'm getting my mojo back.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

I can't remember if i posted in this thread before.
    anyways i started on 6th of January at an all-time high of 13st
    as of the 10th of March i'm down 1st 2lbs to 11st 12lbs.
    i think i will be happy when i reach 11st.
    but the problem then will be keeping it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭TheScriptFan

Hi all...I love reading your posts, they are really inspiring and encouraging...

I've hit a wall...have been in WW 5 weeks now and doing consistently well, dropped 12.5lbs so far...but the last two weeks have been very hard...am suffering from a broken heart a bit...so hard not to reach for the vino & chocolate to help me through it...but hoping I'll get back on track this week...haven't been overly bad...but not excessively good either!!

Anyway...I know we can do it...and yes so true, that a pound lost is a pound nearer your goal!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ryaner7777

Ok, So haven't posted in a while but have been keeping an eye on everyone else's progress and first of all congratulations to you all !

I started WW on the 4th January and go every Monday night.

I started at 15st 10lbs and am now 13st 13.5 lbs, Total loss 24.5 lbs. I'm 5ft 9 with a starting bmi of 32.6 which is now at 28.9.

Last weeks weigh in was the worst for me cause it was the first time i was up. I put on a single lb last week but i think it's been the motivation I need to keep going at this and not go back to old habits.

I'm the only male in my group. One or two others come for the WI but never stay for the class.

Do you think it makes a difference to the class and the way women speak in class if there is a male there ?

Do you think it would be better if i went to a male class or a class with some more males and let the women have their own class ?

It wouldn't matter to me which class i go to but i'd hate to think some people might not be participating or worst still going to the class because i was there.

Please don't think i'm being big headed or anything here. I only say this because i find that if i tell them what i've lost there a bit of resentment.
    you hear the odd comment like as sure it's so much easier for men ?
    :confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

ryaner7777 wrote: »
    Ok, So haven't posted in a while but have been keeping an eye on everyone else's progress and first of all congratulations to you all !

I started WW on the 4th January and go every Monday night.

I started at 15st 10lbs and am now 13st 13.5 lbs, Total loss 24.5 lbs. I'm 5ft 9 with a starting bmi of 32.6 which is now at 28.9.

Last weeks weigh in was the worst for me cause it was the first time i was up. I put on a single lb last week but i think it's been the motivation I need to keep going at this and not go back to old habits.

I'm the only male in my group. One or two others come for the WI but never stay for the class.

Do you think it makes a difference to the class and the way women speak in class if there is a male there ?

Do you think it would be better if i went to a male class or a class with some more males and let the women have their own class ?

It wouldn't matter to me which class i go to but i'd hate to think some people might not be participating or worst still going to the class because i was there.

Please don't think i'm being big headed or anything here. I only say this because i find that if i tell them what i've lost there a bit of resentment.
    you hear the odd comment like as sure it's so much easier for men ?
    :confused::confused::confused::confused:

aw ryaner - listen, I'll be honest I am jealous as hell when I hear the massive numbers the men loose in meetings.....however I certainly dont resent them! We are all there for same reason and it is well known fact women loose weight differently. I can only speak from my perspective, but I actually welcome having a man or two in the meetings (unfortunately the odd man doesnt seem to speak) because its great to get different ideas and perspectives. I would be very surprised if people werent participating because there was male there....if people dont participate its generally because they are shy or feel uncomfortable talking in group situation imo. You've done extremely well, be proud and hold your head high, you have as much right to be there as anyone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

Hey girls- have you ever debated the whole carbs vs calories issue?
    I often try to cut my carbs- (bread mainly or spuds), i just made six low carb pancakes with almond flour and one egg, xylitol, skimmed milk and porridge oats........... feckin delishus but i am dreading putting the points together for it..... would you rate a lower carb but higher in good fats dish or condemn it to points purgatory? its something i struggle with....
    *sorry if my post is a bit nonsensical.... i am real tired today!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Hi guys

Had my WI last nite and STS which is ok as my weight loss seems to go in two week cycles so fingers crossed it will show next week!!

Well done everyone on the losses so far and keep up the good work especially as its mother's day and paddy's day next week :D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement