Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

all_smilz wrote: »
    Hey girls- have you ever debated the whole carbs vs calories issue?
    I often try to cut my carbs- (bread mainly or spuds), i just made six low carb pancakes with almond flour and one egg, xylitol, skimmed milk and porridge oats........... feckin delishus but i am dreading putting the points together for it..... would you rate a lower carb but higher in good fats dish or condemn it to points purgatory? its something i struggle with....
    *sorry if my post is a bit nonsensical.... i am real tired today!:confused:

You could try them without the almonds, the egg, porridge and xyilitol are all low points anyway, what I do is blend egg, porridge and soya milk, add cinnamon, xyilotil, mix and leave overnight and cook the next day like crumpets :D:D I threw in some blueberies when cooking too - fab:D Low carb and low points!! Or is you want try chickpea flour (gram flour), havnt made them but will report back!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭PinkBottle

Hey Guys, had my first weigh in this week, to be honest I thought I hadn't lost a thing when I was going there as the week had been really busy. But I lost 2.5pounds!! I'm thrilled!! Only hoping to keep it down now for next weeks weigh in!!

Fingers crossed!! =]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Well done Pink Bottle, that's a fantastic start. Jojoc123, fingers crossed for next week for you. Ryaner, I noticed that the men in my class apart from 1 don't say much. If you feel you're not getting support from your group try a Men Only group and see what you think.

I'm very surprised at the lack of support for you in your group. We're all in the same boat trying to get to goal.
    Pembily well done your loss I forgot to mention in my last post, sorry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Having a tough time of it at the moment but the weight loss went well this week at least! Lost 2 pounds on Thursday! Was delighted!
    Total loss now is 68 pounds (48 at WW). Next seven is one pounds away so heading for that as my next mini goal! Then the 50 pounds certificate! My mum managed to get that on Thursday! :D

Congrats on all the losses! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

PinkBottle wrote: »
    Hey Guys, had my first weigh in this week, to be honest I thought I hadn't lost a thing when I was going there as the week had been really busy. But I lost 2.5pounds!! I'm thrilled!! Only hoping to keep it down now for next weeks weigh in!!

Fingers crossed!! =]

Yippee, congrats :D:D
    Slaygal wrote: »
    Pembily well done your loss I forgot to mention in my last post, sorry :(

Ah thanks :D
    Having a tough time of it at the moment but the weight loss went well this week at least! Lost 2 pounds on Thursday! Was delighted!
    Total loss now is 68 pounds (48 at WW). Next seven is one pounds away so heading for that as my next mini goal! Then the 50 pounds certificate! My mum managed to get that on Thursday! :D

Congrats on all the losses! :)

Congrats again :D x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fatewatchers

Hi folks,

Never made my WI on Thursday as I was laid up with a bad chest infection, only really got out of bed today for the first time since last Sunday!

Hopped on the scales this morning and I seem to be a pound heavier than I was, but I have been in bed all week, no exercise and my Mam was feeding me up.

WI is this Thursday, I'll not be expecting too much but if I even lost a pound from my total I'd get to my 2.5 stone loss mini goal.

Congrats on your losses this week ladies and gents!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tbell

hey guys! have been reading this thread for ages so i've eventually decided to add onto it! i've been doing ww since last november, christmas made me go mad and i ate like a woman posessed! lost 19.5 pounds since i first started which for me is great! need to lose another 17 pounds ... ish... and then i should be sorted! it's great reading the tips you guys give so keep up the good work!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭sparkydee

Hi guys, have loved reading this thread. I started weight watchers 3 weeks ago lost 2lbs my first week and lost 4lbs on wednesday. So i'm happy so far but i've a long way to go. My problem is trying to fit in exercise during the week as I commute to work. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭harvardgal2

sparkydee wrote: »
    Hi guys, have loved reading this thread. I started weight watchers 3 weeks ago lost 2lbs my first week and lost 4lbs on wednesday. So i'm happy so far but i've a long way to go. My problem is trying to fit in exercise during the week as I commute to work. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

How about a walk or some sort of exercise on your lunch break?

sparkydee wrote: »

Well Done Sparkydee!! I joined WW 2 weeks ago, and so far I have lost 2.5lbs. Hopefully I'll have lost more this week, it was kinda a crazy week in the Uni!! But I have the same problem as you do for excerise, I'm just trying to put aside an hr in the evening to go to the gym/pool. It is hard sometimes with the amount of course work I try to do but in the end it will all be worthwhile!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭cjdun1

ladies and gents, I normally stick to my own thread within the food diary section, but come in here at times..........mostly when I need a funt up the backside..........this is one of those times, I seem to have become more comfortable eating the foods that god me to 16 stone 4.5 pounds..........I arranged for a chocolate cake to be made for my Mum for Mother's Day but to be fair, I seem to have eaten most of it............so can someone please give me a bollocking cos I feel like I'm slipping slowly but surely back into the old habits - I'm also on a week off work, so my routine is out the window at the moment and I don't want to go back for my next weigh in being a few pounds up........

cjdun1 wrote: »
    ladies and gents, I normally stick to my own thread within the food diary section, but come in here at times..........mostly when I need a funt up the backside..........this is one of those times, I seem to have become more comfortable eating the foods that god me to 16 stone 4.5 pounds..........I arranged for a chocolate cake to be made for my Mum for Mother's Day but to be fair, I seem to have eaten most of it............so can someone please give me a bollocking cos I feel like I'm slipping slowly but surely back into the old habits - I'm also on a week off work, so my routine is out the window at the moment and I don't want to go back for my next weigh in being a few pounds up........

Ok what's done is done. Whatever damage you have done can be undone. You obviously don't want to slip backwards or you wouldn't have come on here. Well done for that, it's very brave. So you need to decide you are going to get back on track right now. Not tomorrow because there is still time to do more damage tonight and you won't do that right!!

Plan out now what you are going to eat tomorrow, get out a pen and piece of paper and start tracking what you are eating. I assume your on WW, so get tracking and stick to those points.

Having a week off work means yes your out of routine but it gives you more time to prepare nice low points meals, like soups and salads. So get out your Fast start and have a look at what you fancy.

Also it gives you more time for exercise, so start undoing some of the damage by getting out for a walk/run/swim whatever you do tomorrow and for the rest of the week before weigh in.

Track, drink water and exercise are my key tips.

I know how easy it is to slip backwards (have a look at the first post in my food diary and you will see what I mean. ) But all you have to do is think about the weight you have lost and how you don't want to undo all that hard work. Also think of how much happier you are when eating healthy and loosing weight rather than being miserable when eating junk.

You can do it. It's obvious you want to so best of luck. Keep us posted. We're here to help. ( I hope that wasn't a bollocking :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭cjdun1

No, it's ok - I need this, yip, I'm doing WW and am (at last weigh in) 7 pounds from target (6 stone 13.5 pounds)

I've planned out the week now - but need to click it back into my head that sweet things aren't good for me........and I simply can't have them - might do a 'no food after 6' thing which is when I seem to do the most damage.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭lly

Hi cjd

Firstly well done on the weightloss... you have done so well and obviously have lots of skills and tools that you have learnt to have got so far... I am sure you can put this bad day behind you and get back on track.

I am just starting out with the weightloss and have a lot to lose. I have enjoyed reading all your sucess stories and even appreciate the honesty of you still being able to talk about how hard it can be. You are inspiration to us.

We are all rooting for you and look forward to hearing you get to goal :).

Maybe on your week off you will have time to get more walks in and as previously said get cooking low point receipes to get back on track.

Good luck and keep us posted :)

Hey Guys, Its coming up to my second Weigh In, and I just got my TOTM. What should I do? Will I end up gaining pounds or losing them or what this week? I'm feeling like I did before WW too which sucks, I was just getting into the swing of things, (give or take the odd temptation!) and now, I'm confused again.

And CJD -- If your looking for help/inspiration for your week off, take out some photos of yourself when you were at your heaviest. It is what spurred me into joining WW and its what is keeping me going. Good luck!!

x

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭jakeypooh

Im think it affects everyone differently but don't worry if it affects you at least you know what it is

I had a good weekend was out sat night but had saved 20 points during the week for it so should be covered and was bang on points yesterday but it was tough, felt hungry all day but stuck with it
    Feel good today and really hope it shows on scale on Wed
    (well have to go tues as wed class is cancelled)
    Hope all your weekends went well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Long time lurker here.. been reading this thread for the last while and its really been motivating to say the least!
    Ive got 2 lb to go so I hope to get my goal this week, or at the worst next week... have been hitting the gym a lot recently so that helped me shed the lbs when I hit a plateau a couple of months ago.

To the poster who asked about a male in a pretty much all female group, Im male (may or may not have guessed from the username) and my meeting is normally just me and all the rest women - the odd time therd be another man. Doesnt seem to make a difference IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭jakeypooh

At my meeting there is 2 men, they joined together and they are such good fun, its a busy meeting and they sit in not a bother on them and chat away to the leader - they always have something to say and they are doing brilliantly I think they are both over 1 stone 7 down since January
    A real inspiration to us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Mother Teresa

Well I finally bit the bullet and got back to a meeting. As I gusessed I'm half a stone over my goal weight, tho my personal goal is 10lbs. I treated myself to a lovely little notebook that I can stick in my bag, so i don;t have to pull out a tracker ;) so its back to basics. Best of luck to everyone this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 VellDell

Heya all, I'm two weeks in so far and I'm already down 4 pounds, so I'm really happy! Also, I didn't realise just how many zero point vegetables I would willingly eat when I'd used up my points for the day! Who knew cherry tomatoes tasted nice?

I am having some problems as I have a yeast/sugar intolerance, and so can't eat a lot of things like yoghurt and citrus and ginger. Anyone out there got any tips or low yeast/sugar recipes that could help out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

up 1.5 on thurs,went out to dinner fri,blow out but it was lovely,sat and sun,not good,2day-worse again! so from 2moro my sis and i are gettin back on track.really ive only lost about 3lbs since jan! up down up down!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Eemia

Hey guys and girls i've never posted here but i am doing WW since mid Dec and have lost 1stone 7lbs upto last Thurs. I am on my last 4lbs to my goal weight. Fingers crossed i'll be 10stone by start of April latest.

Have found WW the only diet to work that you stick to and you are not starving yourself of vital foods.

I just have one question i'm a villain for jellies and have been avoiding them but last week lidl were doing 1kg of jellies for 2e and couldn't resist buying them but i don't know how to point them as there is no cal or sats listed on the container. Can anyone give me a rough idea even?

Best of luck to everyone on their journey, its well worth it

Eemia

Eemia wrote: »
    Hey guys and girls i've never posted here but i am doing WW since mid Dec and have lost 1stone 7lbs upto last Thurs. I am on my last 4lbs to my goal weight. Fingers crossed i'll be 10stone by start of April latest.

Have found WW the only diet to work that you stick to and you are not starving yourself of vital foods.

I just have one question i'm a villain for jellies and have been avoiding them but last week lidl were doing 1kg of jellies for 2e and couldn't resist buying them but i don't know how to point them as there is no cal or sats listed on the container. Can anyone give me a rough idea even?

Best of luck to everyone on their journey, its well worth it

Eemia

Jellies can be lethal as they are full of sugar, they are generally no fat but loads of calories. I'd do my best to resist them if I were you. Or maybe divide them up in to small portions for a treat. I know it's hard to resist what u love though. But maybe just have a look at another pack of jellies that has calories and you may think twice about opening them :) Damn packages without calories etc lull you in to a false sense of security!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭MonkeySocks24

arghhhhhhh the dreaded jellies! My sister was buying them the whole time in lidl and she couldn't understand how she wasn't losing weight cause she was being really good except for the jellies. 5wks off the jellies and she has lost 10lbs! I find curly wurlys a brilliant snack. Good luck

12lbs down, millions more to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 newtorunning

Hey,
    anyone got any help/advice/words of wisdom, i've fallen off the wagon and finding it so difficult to get back to the points system.............:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Shinners13

Hi everyone i have been mad busy in work this week so havnt been on at all till now!
    From what i am reading most of you are all doing good which is great to see!!
    I am doing good i had a bit of a bold weekend but not too bold it was my birthday on Saturday so had a chinese takeaway(shared a main!) and birthday cake!!
    Then had birthday cake on Sunday too cos my friend bought me a cake it would be rude if i didnt have any lol!!!!
    Both cakes were out of superquinn and were gorgeous so hard not to have some!!!
    But ive been good since so i would be very happy with a half pound this week to get me my first stone!
    Dont know when im gonna get weighed though cos i normally get weighed on Wednesday evenings. I had the dentist this evening so couldnt go to a meetinga and i have a meeting with my instructor in the gym on Thursday evening!!! Theres no meetings anywhere around on a friday too!!
    I am going to try to get out of work for half a hour on Thursday morning and go to one then its only a 2 minute walk from my job so hopefully i will be able to get around my boss to run up!!
    I made spag bol for dinner tonight and i still havnt had any cos my mouth is numb!!! i had to get a filling!! The dentists is great to help you lose weight lol!!
    The spag bol smells delicious!! I think i will have a small bit soon cos my stomach is eating itself!!
    Anyways happy st. Patricks day to you all!!!
    xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Shinners13

Newtorunning ive fallen off the wagon before and paid the price for not getting back on(gained the 5 stone i had lost!) so whatever you do dont let yourself continue on the slippery road of ruining what you have achieved!!
    Best thing is to get back to basics!
    Track what you eat, if it goes in the smacker you write it on the tracker!!!!
    Next is to make sure you are getting your water in everyday as if you are thirsty you can think you are hungry!!!
    You need to get rid of the temptations at home for the next couple of weeks until you are back up and running so throw out the choc or give it away do whatever you have to do so its not looking at you saying "EAT ME!".
    And also i would say when you feel a bout of munchys coming on get out the door and go for a walk or call over to a friend for a cuppa or even just ring a friend anything to get your mind off munching!!!
    Stop any more damage being done and get going straight away hun!!
    xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 newtorunning

Thanks, just reading your post made me think Yeah i can do this. Going to get my tracker and be organised for tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

hey everyone- just reporting that despite putting up 14 lbs two weeks ago and a half a pound last week THIS WEEK I AM DOWN 5LBS!
    i even ate a whole bag of kettle chips and 3 galaxy bars and lots of other junk this weekend!
    I am going to try harder this week and i know ye all can too!
    plan -my meals
    track my points
    move my ass
    SHIFT the weight!
    I am really pleased! thanks to EVERYONE for their posts and support!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭MonkeySocks24

Does anyone know how many points is in a large scone with butter and jam?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement