Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Does anyone know how many points is in a large scone with butter and jam?
    depends how large is "large"! Ive seen scones that were 7 or 8 points just by themselves..

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

Does anyone know how many points is in a large scone with butter and jam?
    my leader is always giving the example of a jam and scone being about eleven points... Scary huh! And thats without cream

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

all_smilz wrote: »
    my leader is always giving the example of a jam and scone being about eleven points... Scary huh! And thats without cream

Holy sh!t:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I am only allowed 18 (if I was counting), I could only have one and not much else:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Max Power1 wrote: »
    depends how large is "large"!
    Exactly, its like asking how long is a piece of string. There is a good site called www.mysupermarket.co.uk which shows values on typical things.

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco-price-comparison/Patisserie/Tesco_Value_Sultana_Scones_10.html
    One of these scones is 133kcal with 1.3g sat fat so 2 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

Happy Paddy's Day! Had my weigh in and I'm down a pound. Happy enough even though its a small loss, i know its going to go slower as I get closer to goal (10 stone). Had a few NSV's this week though! My legs have definitely deflated a bit! They've a bit more definition and less fat, I'm getting closer to the point where there'll be light/space between the upper thighs instead of fat (too much info sorry!!)

Starting weight 14 stone 11
    Current weight 11 stone 2
    Goal weight 10 stone :D

Starting week 2 of couch to 5K tomorrow, delighted that there's a podcast to go with it, thank you to whoever posted about that! I found it really hard the first week to count out the time while jogging! This'll def help, and I found one that doesn't have music. Scary thought that I'll be able to jog 5K by May :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Last week I was up .5lb this week I stayed the same. Thrilled as I fell off the wagon with a thump last week and only getting back on today.

I was doin so well for 8 weeks then my daily allowance dropped a point and I found it so difficult to work it, it then lead to two bad weeks.
    But no more.
    I will not give up.
    Dreamin of my holiday in Tenerife in July is my inspiration.
    It's gonna be a long road but I will get there.

This weekend will be tough, goin to MGMT sat night so it's gonna be a wild weekend. Bring it on!

Onwards and downwards :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Happy Paddy's Day! Had my weigh in and I'm down a pound. Happy enough even though its a small loss, i know its going to go slower as I get closer to goal (10 stone). Had a few NSV's this week though! My legs have definitely deflated a bit! They've a bit more definition and less fat, I'm getting closer to the point where there'll be light/space between the upper thighs instead of fat (too much info sorry!!)

Starting weight 14 stone 11
    Current weight 11 stone 2
    Goal weight 10 stone :D

Starting week 2 of couch to 5K tomorrow, delighted that there's a podcast to go with it, thank you to whoever posted about that! I found it really hard the first week to count out the time while jogging! This'll def help, and I found one that doesn't have music. Scary thought that I'll be able to jog 5K by May :eek:

Brilliant Weight Loss! I started back at weight watchers a few weeks ago at 14 stone 9 and a half. I've lost 9 and a half already. I think my goal will be 11 stone but I haven't discussed it with my leader yet. When do you do that?

I'm on Week 7 of Couch to 5k. It's amazing how quickly you can build up the distance with this program. Even though I'm tired, I'm looking forward to heading out tonight for my 25 min run cos I know I'll feel great after.

Good luck with the program. Delighted to see so many people doing it. I have been recording how I feel as I've been doing it on the fitness thread. Feel free to look at it. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055819513

Hope you enjoy it as much as I have :)

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

I lost 3lbs this week so that is a total of 1st 5lbs since January 5th.
    Yay :D
    I too have signed up for a 5k run thing, not fully realising that I would have to do some training and that I am unbelievably unfit!
    But I asked people at work and they advised me about the couch to 5k programme and then I come on here and spot it mentioned a few times.
    6 weeks until the 5k run by 5 weeks start but I think and hope following this programme will help. *fingers crossed*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Congratulations to all the loosers this week, there's so many of you I can't remember of all of your names, I'm down 1.5 pounds this week so I'm now back under 13 stone :)

I'm very interested in Couch to 5k can one of you lovely people let me know where I can find it. Thanks a million.

Slaygal wrote: »
    Congratulations to all the loosers this week, there's so many of you I can't remember of all of your names, I'm down 1.5 pounds this week so I'm now back under 13 stone :)

I'm very interested in Couch to 5k can one of you lovely people let me know where I can find it. Thanks a million.

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

There you go! :)

Another convert. Brilliant :D

Well done on getting under 13!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Melia

dolliemix wrote: »
    http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

There you go! :)

Another convert. Brilliant :D

Haha, we'll have everyone doing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Hi Guys and Gals

Well had my WI this morning and I was up .5lbs, not very happy with this but I cant really complain as I was out with my mam for mother's day and was out yesterday and had dinner and drinks out!

Im also on a week's holidays from work so I feel like I can have whatever I want - which i cant. However I have been walking most days so fingers crossed this will show next week!!

Well done all the losers - you are all doing great!!!!!
    Onwards and downwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 newtorunning

Hi everyone,
    i'm new to this board but have to say, all your posts are an inspiration and a help to me. The weight some people has lost is brill. Defo interested in the couch to 5K, going to hit that link now. x :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Hmmm,

I’m feeling sick of the whole ww thing right now- 2 weeks bad losses (stayed the same last week and just down .5 pound last night)
    I haven’t been great over the past couple of weeks in fairness, I was at home and me mammy likes to feed me up (and who am I to deprive her!) but I’ve still been a lot better than I was pre ww and it’s very disheartening.
    Anyway this week I am going to get back on the tracking wagon, cos I haven’t been great on that. Only one pound to have lost a whole stone, and I’m really hoping to be down 2 pound plus and then I’ll be into the elevenses 
    Hard to get motivated sometimes but I just keep browsing the shops for that bikini Im gonna buy for my hols in June- never mind wedding dress shopping :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Leo25

hey everyone!!
    Had my WI last night and was down 2lb so i got a lovely shiny stone!!:D
    I started a week or two before i joined WW, so am down 22.5 altogether now!!! :)

Thumpette - It can get frustrating when you don't see the results on the scales, but if you get back into tracking this week you'll see a big difference! Plus its still going in the right direction!

Leo25, fantastic weight loss :) That's over 2 stone !
    Thumpette, I know how you feel about Wedding Dresses sometimes I think me in a Wedding dress is scarier that a Bikini ! You're in the right frame of mind now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Leo25

Thanks Slaygal - not quite at the 2 stone mark yet but getting there!!!
    Thought I'd add my ticker and see if it works!!

weight.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fatewatchers

Hi folks,

Congrats on all your losses! If you've gained, well, it's just a blip, happens to the best of us!

I had my WI last night, lost 4lbs so in total that is 38lbs since January 14th. or 9 weigh ins. Another 4lbs to go to get my three stone loss. I started out at 21st 10lbs, am now 19stone precisely. Happy out considering I had two weeks of feeling dog rough with a chest infection and was eating richer, creamier foods when I was sick.

Am going all out this week, going to try to shift that 4lbs this week to get my third stone next week :D fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Wow fatewatchers- thats an incredible loss! Well done you!

Leo25 wrote: »
    hey everyone!!
    Had my WI last night and was down 2lb so i got a lovely shiny stone!!:D
    I started a week or two before i joined WW, so am down 22.5 altogether now!!! :)

Well done! You must feel great! :D
    Hi folks,

Congrats on all your losses! If you've gained, well, it's just a blip, happens to the best of us!

I had my WI last night, lost 4lbs so in total that is 38lbs since January 14th. or 9 weigh ins. Another 4lbs to go to get my three stone loss. I started out at 21st 10lbs, am now 19stone precisely. Happy out considering I had two weeks of feeling dog rough with a chest infection and was eating richer, creamier foods when I was sick.

Am going all out this week, going to try to shift that 4lbs this week to get my third stone next week :D fingers crossed!

That is amazing...you are doing so well!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

fatewatcher,how did you do it? ive lost a grand total of 2lb since jan7th! up,down,up,down,up,down!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Wow fatewatcher that is amazing nearly 3 stone!!!! How are u doing it - please do tell.

Hollyhock - Im in a similar boat to u, I seem to be either up .5lb down 1lb or STS, very frustrating.

Must try harder this week - think if you have 1 good week then that spurs u on so fingers crossed!!!

Have good weekend everyone

Wow Fatewatchers ! Huge congratulations to you, you're a real inspiration.
    I'm the same as you Hollyhock up and down like a yo yo but I know what's causing it just can't seem to get motivated.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭PinkBottle

I just can't seem to stick to WW lately, and its doing my head in. I have the wrong mentality compleately about it, I see the weight watcher's treats, the lemon slices, the brownies etc and eat them...but I could eat a box of them and then some...I am counting the points but I'm really worried I'm going to go up in weight at my next weigh in.
    Our class on Paddys day wasn't on so I have to wait an extra week, I did go down 2.5 the week before but still.....I only just joined and I really want to give this a proper shot.
    I have a huge sweet tooth though, and I thought I would be able to resist it, but I'm slipping up.

All advice would be so greatly appreciated,
    x

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

Hi everyone,
    i'm new to this board but have to say, all your posts are an inspiration and a help to me. The weight some people has lost is brill. Defo interested in the couch to 5K, going to hit that link now. x :)
    Hi, I'm also new to this thread, though you are all so inspirational. Like you all I need to get my head straight. I've been in WW a few years, but while I'm eating healthy, I'm not putting the work in. That changes from today!

I have a few health issues also so I really need to get my act together. I have about 3 stone to lose. My goal is to be able to buy trendy clothes, you are a bit restricted when you're just bordering on size 18/20.

I agree with you about the leaders, some are excellent. I'm going to a few good ones now.

For me, the important thing is support, so it's great to see that here. Keep up the good work!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Long time lurker here.. been reading this thread for the last while and its really been motivating to say the least!
    Ive got 2 lb to go so I hope to get my goal this week, or at the worst next week... have been hitting the gym a lot recently so that helped me shed the lbs when I hit a plateau a couple of months ago.

To the poster who asked about a male in a pretty much all female group, Im male (may or may not have guessed from the username) and my meeting is normally just me and all the rest women - the odd time therd be another man. Doesnt seem to make a difference IMO
    Hey don't let that bother you! Most of the meetings i go to there are always at least 1-2 men, and they have the same need for support. One guy is doing really well, he lost loads. If you go to an all-female meeting, I figure you're brave enough and will be highly motivated. That goes for all the women too! You will never achieve anything if you just sit on the couch.

Well done to you all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 newtorunning

Hi Pinkbottle, I'm in the same position as you. I know how to do it and what has to be done but the motivation and willpower to stick to it seems to have disappeared. I joined WW couple of years ago and it was never this difficult. I'm up and down but achieving no great weight loss. I look back at my food diaries and the best weeks I've had are always the ones where i pointed everything, which makes me feel stupid coz it just proves that this WW thing works so good when your sticking to it. Best advice would be (and I'm gonna do this myself) to do Faststart for a week, there's loads on it so you won't be hungry and it will be a good booster for your next weigh-in. If you are tempted to eat junk, think about the longterm and ask yourself how that choc/crisps/biscuits is going to benefit you. Do you really want to spend points on it?? I've signed up for the Ladies Mini Marathon and I'm motivated to train for that now. Excersice and sticking to the points really will work. x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

PinkBottle wrote: »
    I just can't seem to stick to WW lately, and its doing my head in. I have the wrong mentality compleately about it, I see the weight watcher's treats, the lemon slices, the brownies etc and eat them...but I could eat a box of them and then some...I am counting the points but I'm really worried I'm going to go up in weight at my next weigh in.
    Our class on Paddys day wasn't on so I have to wait an extra week, I did go down 2.5 the week before but still.....I only just joined and I really want to give this a proper shot.
    I have a huge sweet tooth though, and I thought I would be able to resist it, but I'm slipping up.

All advice would be so greatly appreciated,
    x

Hey PinkBottle

I feel the same as you. I find that after my class I tend to go mad on sweets for the next few days as I know my weigh is nearly a week away, but then I start to feel guilty! The best thing to do is to swap your normal treats for something different or something you can't eat a lot of. For instance, if you crave chocolate and find you could eat a whole box of the WW bars why not try a low calorie hot chocolate? Options are only half a point and they come in loads and loads of flavours. Cadbury also do a low point hot chocolate. I can't remember the name of it but it's really rich and also comes in a fudge flavour which is divine!

I had my first completely out of control night last night since joining WW four weeks ago. Can't remember how much wine I drank! I also went hell for leather with my food. (I was at a wedding! :D) I'd say I've consumed my points for the week and more lol!

Hungover now as well so it's making the whole 'make up for it with exercise' thing really frickin hard.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭loveofliving

Hi guys,

I am starting weight watchers today with a rather large goal o losing 5 stone. it seems like I'll never get there, so I am going to break it up in to small goals and just keep persevering. I am such a huge fan of Weight Watchers. It is just so flexible and easy to stick to if you PLAN ahead. That is what I have learned. I had a boiled egg on Brown toast today and am already planning lunch so I have an idea already and don't go rummaging through the presses if in two hours I am randomly hungry. I plan on posting quite a lot, and have set up a food diary which I would love people to keep an eye on! Suppose it's nice to know people are listening and in the same boat as you.

Good luck to everyone, lets do this :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement