Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭cjdun1

ergonomics wrote: »
    Hey PinkBottle

I feel the same as you. I find that after my class I tend to go mad on sweets for the next few days as I know my weigh is nearly a week away, but then I start to feel guilty! The best thing to do is to swap your normal treats for something different or something you can't eat a lot of. For instance, if you crave chocolate and find you could eat a whole box of the WW bars why not try a low calorie hot chocolate? Options are only half a point and they come in loads and loads of flavours. Cadbury also do a low point hot chocolate. I can't remember the name of it but it's really rich and also comes in a fudge flavour which is divine!

Pinkbottle & Ergo, I've been having such a hard time lately with the sweet things, I don't seem to be able to control myself and with my WI on Wednesdays I also missed last week's WI cos of Paddy's Day........so I think I could be looking at being up 1 - 2 pounds at next WI, I'll have no one to blame but myself, and given that I'm so close to target it really makes me angry with myself that I've just slipped back into the bad habits that put on nearly 7 stone in the beginning.....................ggggrrrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

random question/. Do WW still do the core plan, as opposed to points?

Im kinda stuck weightloss wise and would like to try it if it still exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭jakeypooh

ITs the discover plan now which is points bases Core plan went 2 years ago now

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭TheScriptFan

Hi inspiring peeps, I love reading your posts...keeps me motivated...

I have my w/i tonight, and am looking forward to being happy with whats going on, I was getting frustrated with my slow and steady weight loss, but then this morning I met my dad who'd been away on hols for a week and he couldn't get over my weight loss, so that was a real treat to hear!

If you're losing motivation, I always find it helps to tell a friend, before I used to always hide that I was on a diet, because I didn't want my friends to know as I was embarrassed, well I decided..feck that...they are my friends, I need their support and they are great now.

I had a bit of a big night out Sat night so I'm hoping that won't have any adverse effects but I walked like a maniac to counteract the last 3 unplanned bottles of coors light!!

I have a few sayings that I keep like a mantra:
    In the gym when I feel like I will collapse : " You will still be alive in an hours time - you will not actually die from this"
    When I'm reaching for my third unneccessary biccie " By eating this, you are choosing to be fat"

They work for me!

Have a great week everyone, and well done on those great losses!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

I've been on WW since March 1st and I am halfway to my goal already! It has been pretty easy I have to say - but the key for me seems to be planning. I have to make sure that I have things like WW cook books, or even the magazines... and I plan out my weekly shop accordingly. It is a total bloody nuisance to be honest, it takes an effort, but I know that if I don't do it I'll slip up and take the easy option (high point food).

Yesterday I just discovered the best thing... Total 0% fat free greek strained yoghurt. According to the shopping guide (*invaluable* - it is available at meetings but also on eBay ;) ) this whole 150g tub only has 1 point. It's got a much stronger consistency than regular yoghurt, much creamier. I mixed through half a point's worth of frozen summer fruits (half price in Tesco!) and had a really lovely dessert yesterday. I predict I will be stocking up on this product... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fatewatchers

Hi folks!

hope we are all having a good week on WW. I have 4lbs to lose to get to 3 stone off and am throwing myself into this with gusto this week. This morning I did my 4 mile walk, am being strict as anything on my points.

Just had a question to ask ye re exercise and bonus points. Do ye all use your bonus points that you earn for exercise? Me being as big as I still am, a 45 min moderate walk earns me 3.5 points or so.... I never ever eat them though as they're just bonus points. I am walking at least 5 days a week, 3-4 miles each time, sometimes longer and I push myself as hard as I can when I'm doing it. I haven't money for a gym at the moment so this is my best option for exercise. So, are you supposed to eat them? I never have done, I suppose this is why I am losing above the 1-2lbs per week that WW say is "average". I never feel hungry enough to eat these points and I don't want to eat for the sake of eating.... so I'm just wondering how ye regard "bonus exercise points"? To me exercise is just necessary to the overall plan so I stick to my daily points allowance foodwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

I think that it is recommended that you can eat 12 bonus points a week. The WW party line seems to be that if you choose not to eat them, you are probably speeding up your weight loss. It's up to you, but I say that if you are not hungry, do not eat!

I think that 1-2 lbs a week is very good, go look at 2 lbs of butter next time you are in the supermarket and judge for yourself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fatewatchers

vibrant wrote: »
    I think that it is recommended that you can eat 12 bonus points a week. The WW party line seems to be that if you choose not to eat them, you are probably speeding up your weight loss. It's up to you, but I say that if you are not hungry, do not eat!

I think that 1-2 lbs a week is very good, go look at 2 lbs of butter next time you are in the supermarket and judge for yourself :)

Aye vibrant, I don't think I will eat them, there seems little point. I'm getting good fast results on WW (38lbs since January 14th!) and I do honestly think that its down to exercise that it's coming off quicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Hi All, Pinkbottle, Ergo and cjdun1 I'm the same as you the night of WI I 'treat' myself to whatever I want to eat. If any one has ideas for low point treats I'd love to hear about them. My cousin is getting married in June and I'm 11 pounds away from my 4th stone and I want to be a stone lighter by the wedding.

Fatewatchers, you are a real inspiration. With regard to exercise points I've had 3 different leaders over the years and none of them recommend using your exercise points, I think the idea behind it is that you don't become dependent on the extra point earned every day. Keep up the fantastic work and you'll be at goal in no time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Mother Teresa

Well after my first week back on the plan, I'm delighted to report a loss of 2.5lbs. I was really great Mon-Fri pointing like a demon, and got a little off course on Sat and Sun, but I still tracked the excess. In a way, I find that stops me making things worse, it helps keep things in persepctive.

So i'm highly motivated now to stick with it. I've an 9 week plan to knock off 10 pounds, so thats a good start, especially since I've Easter in the middle.
    We got a list of Easter egg points at our meeting yesterday and it was :eek: shocking! i'll put it up when I'm home later, lets just say, i've been shocked into making sure I only get one baby buttons egg :pac:
    Best of luck everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭thinnyminnie

I have a predicament.....Im trying for a baby at the moment but have weight on me too..... do I join weight watchers which I really understand but cant go if I fall pregnant or go to unislim which I dont really understand but can get weighed each week if I fell pregnant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dublingal80

I have a predicament.....Im trying for a baby at the moment but have weight on me too..... do I join weight watchers which I really understand but cant go if I fall pregnant or go to unislim which I dont really understand but can get weighed each week if I fell pregnant?

if i was in your situation i wouldnt go to weight watchers. Im not 100% sure how the points would work out when you did get pregnant or if it would even matter, but I think if you just go onto the food diary forum, write there what you are eating every day and everyone can help you make better choices. So eat healthier and exercise. try to go walking at least 3 times a week and you will notice the difference

Well after my first week back on the plan, I'm delighted to report a loss of 2.5lbs. I was really great Mon-Fri pointing like a demon, and got a little off course on Sat and Sun, but I still tracked the excess. In a way, I find that stops me making things worse, it helps keep things in persepctive.

So i'm highly motivated now to stick with it. I've an 9 week plan to knock off 10 pounds, so thats a good start, especially since I've Easter in the middle.
    We got a list of Easter egg points at our meeting yesterday and it was :eek: shocking! i'll put it up when I'm home later, lets just say, i've been shocked into making sure I only get one baby buttons egg :pac:
    Best of luck everyone!

oh cant wait to hear whats in an easter egg!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Hey Guys,

I’m a bit stuck at the moment, hovering 1 pound away from having lost my first stone (total ww goal is 2 stone and my goal is probably 2.5) and I haven’t moved in the past 2 weeks- well lost half a pound last week but I was very disappointed at that.
    In fairness I know I haven’t been tracking at all lately and I was at my parents house for 2 weekends and my mum was feeding me up!
    Ive been on the tracking bandwagon this week and have been doing well. I went 15 points over my limit on Friday night drinks though so ive been making up for it ever since. I normally aim to have a few points under my 20 allowance, but is this good? Should you in general be aiming to eat an average of 20 per day and still get a loss?

Thanks!

if i was in your situation i wouldnt go to weight watchers. Im not 100% sure how the points would work out when you did get pregnant or if it would even matter, but I think if you just go onto the food diary forum, write there what you are eating every day and everyone can help you make better choices. So eat healthier and exercise. try to go walking at least 3 times a week and you will notice the difference

Thanks for the reply. It was more for the discipline of being weighed I think. Im not great if Im left to my own devices :). I walk on average 4 times a week at the moment. My diet isnt great but I started following ww today. I have old books at home. Im one of those people that needs someone to weigh me!

Thanks for the reply. It was more for the discipline of being weighed I think. Im not great if Im left to my own devices :). I walk on average 4 times a week at the moment. My diet isnt great but I started following ww today. I have old books at home. Im one of those people that needs someone to weigh me!

oh i can understand you completely! When I was at WW I needed the weigh in to help me be good, but I dont think i was in the right frame of mind for it, i stopped 5 weeks later and put on most of the weight I lost. now, I started back towards the end of jan myself, doing WW at home. I use the food forum to plan my meals every night for the next day and count my points. I weigh myself every friday and my sister and mam are doing the same too, so every friday we text or call eachtoher to see how the other did and say how we did. Its a good way to keep it going. I honest to god didnt think i would still be using the food diary 2 months later, i thoguht i would have been bored of it by now but I love it

Go onto the food diary this evening. Write down everything you had today and point it and knowin that its out there in the open really makes you think twice about eating things.

I try to plan my next day the night before. Lunch and breakfast anyway - I try dinner too. But it just means that If i want an apple, i will know straight away that I can have it. or if im CRAVING a curly wurly i already know how many poitns I have left

plan plan plan :D

Hi Thinnyminnie,
    WW will let you get weighed until you are 12 weeks pregnant. A friend got enagaged and started WW then fell pregnant she was allowed follow the programme until she was 12 weeks.

OMG Slaygal! Thanks so much I didnt realise this. Im going to join tonight :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Mother Teresa

This is a list we got at class, all amounts are for the total amount in the box, eg, the egg and bars /sweets inc. prepare to be :eek:

Lindt Lindor 322g 38pt
    Cadbury Flake 195g 22pt
    Dairy Milk 214g 24pt
    Creme Egg 216g 24pt
    Yorkie 271g 30pt
    kitkat 235g 25pt
    Rolo 239g 25pt
    Snickers 235g 27pt
    After Eights 236g 27pt
    Caramel 426g 45pt
    Buttons 190g 21pt
    Moro 208g 22pt
    Crunchie 187g 20pt
    Malteasers 193g 20pt
    Dairy Milk 795g 88pt
    Buttons 105g 12pt
    Wispa 313g 33pt
    Mars & Friends 375g 38pt
    Smarties 215g 23pt
    Milky Way 90g 11pt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

Dairy Milk 795g 88pt

Seriously? :eek: How is that even possible?? Thats crazy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sinny65

Hey guys , well done on the loss of lbs! Had my WI today and am shocked, am down 1lb! Had such a crazy week , went on total session on Paddys day & then had 2 nite hen party this weekend, was totally expecting to be up a few so am delighted and slightly puzzled that i actually had a loss. This is week 6 for me and am down a total of 6lbs now, slow but at least its heading in right direction :)

Thinnyminny, you're very welcome and I wish you loads of luck with WW and trying for a baby.

Mother Teresa, I'm floored by the ammount of points in an Easter Egg makes me glad I don't like them :D

I have my WI tonight had a mixed week good most of the time but had a meal out on Saturday and lots of wine :o

Did anyone see Supersize Vs Superskinny last night ?

If I can stay the same I'll be happy. Good luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

I can't believe that about the Easter Eggs!!! :eek::eek::eek:

The other half got me a Cream Egg one so I could have a bit when I saved my points... at that rate I will be eating it for about 4 weeks!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Dairy Milk 795g 88pt

Seriously? :eek: How is that even possible?? Thats crazy!
    It seems inline with the others, a 105g buttons egg is 12points, this egg is 7.6 times bigger, obviously a huge one. A typical bar of chocolate is ~55g, so its like 14-15 bars of dairy milk. Many here are eating low portion bars, like curly wurlies, aero, wispa, malteasers. I would not really view them as "low point chocolate" as they are usually the same points per 100g, so its the same weight as a snack size snickers/mars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

Down one pound this week. :D Managed to keep myself away from the scales all week (usually weigh myself half way thru the week on Sundays to see how I'm doing-not going to do that anymore). Its not a massive loss but I'm happy enough with that-15 pounds to get to 10 stone. If I lose 1 pound a week I'll get to goal by beginning of July, so have marked 4th July on my calendar (Independence Day-quite apt I think!). Fingers crossed!
    Just a question on the C25K program. Started week 3 this morning. Didn't really feel ready for the 3 min jogs but did them anyway and felt great after it. Looking ahead to week 5 there's a 20 min jog but the longest that I'll have jogged before that is 8 minutes. Has anyone done the 20min jog and how did u find the jump from 8 to 20? I guess if I could do the 3 min jogs today I'll be ready for the 20mins, its just all a bit daunting! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Hi Guys, just to introduce myself. I am signed up to Weight Watchers Online. Have been tracking my points here in conjunction with going to Curves 3 times a week since October. I have lost 12lbs to date and I have another 5 lbs to go and then I hit my goal weight. I was just looking to get back down to a size 8-10 as I packed on a lot of weight in an 18mth period and went up to a size 12 and it didnt really work with my frame.

Anyway I was looking at the Easter Egg stuff ye were talking about and a good option for Easter is A Lindt Bunny. They are so lovely and one of the Large ones is 12 points but you can get various sizes. I was told before that a little one is only 3.5 so its a nice little treat for Easter Sunday!

Also, if anyone likes dark Chocolate, the Lindt Dark Chocolate Orange and Almond Bars are 2.5 points for 2 squares (the squares are quite big!).

You may have noticed that I have a sweet tooth, i cant cut all biscuits and sweets out of my diet but instead of having 3 digestives now for 4.5 points, I can have 4 Cafe Noir for 2 points and not feel like Im denying myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

has anyone bought the WW Recipe book? The Fabulous and Filling one is brilliant!

Some of the recipes are really really good.

My other half is a big eater... loves his grub so it was a bit of a shock to his system (as well as mine) when I started the WW a few weeks ago. But the book is great! We can pick out nice, tasty dinners to have that won't break my tracker!! He's happy as Larry now!

It sets out day plans for you, gives you veggie options and different breakfasts and dinners - as well as really lovely desserts!!! I'd recommend buying it for anyone who finds they are eating the same things over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Melia

Just a question on the C25K program. Started week 3 this morning. Didn't really feel ready for the 3 min jogs but did them anyway and felt great after it. Looking ahead to week 5 there's a 20 min jog but the longest that I'll have jogged before that is 8 minutes. Has anyone done the 20min jog and how did u find the jump from 8 to 20? I guess if I could do the 3 min jogs today I'll be ready for the 20mins, its just all a bit daunting! :rolleyes:

You should ask dolliemix - she has a C25K diary in the Fitness Logs forum (it's a subforum of Fitness).

Well I finally took the plunge and joined my local class last night. Nearly died of shock when I got on the scales. I dont even think Im brave enough to tell you :o. My hubby got me a buttons egg but I think I might give it a miss now after looking at the amount of points in it!

Today Ive had
    2 weetabix 2 points
    LF milk 1.5points
    Baxters minestrone soup 3 points
    2 ryvita 1 point
    2 laughing cow extra light 1 point
    2 slices of ham 3 points
    Muller light yoghurt 1.5points

Going to have a chicken, veg and brown rice stir fry for my dinner. Have had no tea today cos Im trying to cut back on my caffene too. I think Ive had a litre of water.... dont think thats too bad so far is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

2 slices of ham 3 points

An average slice of ham weighing around 30g is only 1/2 point.

My update: -1/2lb

Total loss so far: 4st 10.5lb

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement