Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bearster

Well I was looking forward to being weighed this week. I thought I'd had a good week. I had gone back running after coming off my course of antibotics, all was good or so I thought.

I gained a pound!!! :eek:

I couldn't believe it. This put me in really bad form yesterday I was so disappointed. So now I am back to 3 pounds for target at one stage I was half a pound from target I just seem to be going the wrong way now!!!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Vickysg24 wrote: »
    Hi Lucy I was doing it at home alone since February and so far all together I've lost 17lbs... bringing me from my heaviest ever (13st 13lbs) to my lighest in four years (12st 10lbs) I'm still getting on great but I've decided to start going to the meetings just to keep me going and for that bit of extra moral support....

The best advice I can give you on sticking to it on your own is get your friends to join in with you... my friends and family are doing it too and it's so much easier for me as we share recipes with each other and talk to each other about how we're getting on :D

hope this helps and Good luck

Thanks Vicly - Plenty of support.. Mum is down 2 & 1/2 stone since summer & sis started same time as me & is down 10 lbs. I just feel calorie counting is now gone boring to me so if I was working off points it might give me a kick up arse.

I weighed today 160.16 & from reading the WW web site I realised I have lost 5% of my fat arse weight lol

Great when you put it in terms of that.
    Does anyone know how much points I should be on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

Bearster wrote: »
    Well I was looking forward to being weighed this week. I thought I'd had a good week. I had gone back running after coming off my course of antibotics, all was good or so I thought.

I gained a pound!!! :eek:

I couldn't believe it. This put me in really bad form yesterday I was so disappointed. So now I am back to 3 pounds for target at one stage I was half a pound from target I just seem to be going the wrong way now!!!!:(

I know how you feel!! The exact same thing happened to me. since december I was 3lbs from goal. I went up and down like a yo yo for ages and just when I thought id finally got it and was .5lb from goal i gained 1.5lbs:mad::mad::mad: Needless to say I was raging but I put that week behind me and at WI last week I was down 3lbs and FINALLY got to goal. all i can say is that no matter how disappointed you are or how unmotivated you are STICK WITH IT!! its so worth it when you finally get there and you WILL get there its all about persevering;)

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

lucy2010 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how much points I should be on ?

Got this from my WW folder

Are you:
    Male 9pts
    Female 3pts

How old are you:
    16-20 5pts
    21-35 4pts
    36-50 3pts
    51-65 2pts
    over 65 1pt

How many stones do you weigh?
    eg: 12st 4lbs count the number of stones as points so here its 12pts

How tall are you:
    under 5ft 4ins 1pt
    5ft 4ins and above 2pts

In your day to day life are you:
    sitting most of the time 0pts
    occasionally sitting but mainly standing 2pts
    walking most of the time 4pts doing physical hard work most of the time 6pts

add up your total and thats your points allowance for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Got this from my WW folder

Are you:
    Male 9pts
    Female 3pts

How old are you:
    16-20 5pts
    21-35 4pts
    36-50 3pts
    51-65 2pts
    over 65 1pt

How many stones do you weigh?
    eg: 12st 4lbs count the number of stones as points so here its 12pts

How tall are you:
    under 5ft 4ins 1pt
    5ft 4ins and above 2pts

In your day to day life are you:
    sitting most of the time 0pts
    occasionally sitting but mainly standing 2pts
    walking most of the time 4pts doing physical hard work most of the time 6pts

add up your total and thats your points allowance for the day.

Thats savage - Thanks a mil. Funnily enough its still the same 20 as it was 10 years ago lol.

Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

I had weigh in tonight, after stayin the same the last 3weeks i decided to give it socks this week. i went back to basics and did the fast start. I stuck to 18points and exercised 5 days and i lost a whopping 4 lbs! To any1 who is struggling give it a go. it's just one week and the results are so rewarding. I got my 10% sticker tonight i was so proud! Tonight was my 12th week so i'm goin to prepay for another 12 next week. It works for me as im 2 scabby not to go then! I've lost 20lbs in 12 weeks imagine what could be done in another 12! (I'm on boards mobile so can't update my ticker... *tear*) best of luck to one and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 therambling

Hey
    Im new to weight watchers (first weigh in tomorrow - fingers crossed :) ) and new to boards too but i was hoping could someone help me with something?

Been really good this past week and tonight had 9.5 points to spare and had been exercising today so opted for chinese for dinner. Had a standard tray of singapore chow mein which was delicious and was quoted all over the internet as being 7.5 points... but while eating it i found it to be greasy in a tasty but this cant be only 7.5 points way... has anyone ever had a non greasy one and was it my chinese? or is it really only 7.5 per standard tray?

thanks for any reply if you can :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Hey
    Im new to weight watchers (first weigh in tomorrow - fingers crossed :) ) and new to boards too but i was hoping could someone help me with something?

Been really good this past week and tonight had 9.5 points to spare and had been exercising today so opted for chinese for dinner. Had a standard tray of singapore chow mein which was delicious and was quoted all over the internet as being 7.5 points... but while eating it i found it to be greasy in a tasty but this cant be only 7.5 points way... has anyone ever had a non greasy one and was it my chinese? or is it really only 7.5 per standard tray?

thanks for any reply if you can :)

Not sure sorry. I don't really eat Chinese but Chow Mein is just noodles and veg right? So it shouldn't be too high.

Good luck tomorrow and welcome to Boards!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Snaggle0705

Am planning on a takeaway tomorrow night so interested to see if it is 7.5!!! :p

On another slant, I seem to put up .5lb every 4 weeks... It happened for the third time last night at weigh in... I have accepted it at this stage but, it means I'm only losing 3 weeks out of 4... Is there anything I can do to avoid it? Any 'tricks' out there???? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Melia

On another slant, I seem to put up .5lb every 4 weeks... It happened for the third time last night at weigh in... I have accepted it at this stage but, it means I'm only losing 3 weeks out of 4... Is there anything I can do to avoid it? Any 'tricks' out there???? :confused:

Get a sex change?

It might have something to do with your menstrual cycle. Try to keep yourself well hydrated and cut back on the salt. This might help with water retention. Three weeks out of four is good going, particularly when the fourth week is only half a pound up.

• Advertisement

Am planning on a takeaway tomorrow night so interested to see if it is 7.5!!! :p

i heard from someone on a different thread that she estimated the singapore chow mein from a chinese to be almost 33.5 points per portion... :confused: has me totally disheartened now after being so good all week :( but hey ill just see what the scales says tonight haha getting nervous now haha :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fatewatchers

Just in from WI, lost another 4lbs. Delighted! I've lost 46.5lbs in total now, am aiming for that 50lbs cert in the next couple of weeks all going well :) even 2.5lbs next week would be my seventh silver seven.... back of my card is getting well cluttered with stickers!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Hi guys

Just back from my WI down .5lbs :eek::eek: Can not believe it after the week Ive had so need to reigh in my eating for good loss next week!!

Well done fatewatchers u are doing absolutely fantastic!!!

Well done all the losers this week - keep up the good work and anyone who has stayed the same or put on keep going!!!

Happy Easter everyone!!

First weigh in tonight... down 5.5 am over the moon... especially after that chow mein haha hope you all happy with this weeks losses :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Another good weigh in tonight! Deeee-lighted :)

Weight loss so far: (I’m 5’7)
    Starting weight: 13 stone 1 pound
    Week 1- 12 stone 11.5 - pound (loss of 3.5 pound)
    Week 2- 12 stone 11.5 pound (no change)
    Week 3- 12 stone 8 pound (total loss 7 ib)
    Week 4- 12 stone 8 pound (no change)
    Week 5- 12 stone 5 pound (total loss 10 pound)
    Week 6- 12 stone 2.5 pound (total loss 12.5 pound)
    Week 7- 12 stone 2.5 pound (no change- still 12.5 pound loss)
    Week 8- 12 stone 2 pound (total loss 13 pound- that next silver 7 is feeling impossible to get)
    Week 9- 11 stone 12.5 pound (total loss of 16.5 pound) I am now the proud owner of a little stone, a second silver 7 and a lot of baggy clothes!
    Week 10- 11 stone 10 pounds (total loss of 19 pound) Got my 10% sticker now and very nearly out of the overweight catagory on BMI :) 2 more pound to the next silver 7

Well done on all the losses guys, Fatewatchers especially- go you!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭PinkBottle

Hey guys,
    I'm out of my routine this week in so far as I'm not at college, but at home, and it has been a huge task to even try eat the right quanties of food, there was a meeting on Monday night (I would normally go Wednesday) but due to some reason or another I missed it, and I'm really annoyed with myself.
    I have found it so hard to even stick to WW at home, that I'm not taking any easter eggs this sunday, and was wondering, would it be a good or a bad idea to go back to the start up plan of 18 points a day for a week? Just to get myself back on track and try lose some of the weight that has piled back on in the week at home?
    I'm just not happy with how it is going at all, and would take any advice on board,
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭cowhands

Morning all,

As its good Friday I would like to stick to tradition and not eat any meat. However, I really dont like fish so Im struggling what to eat for dinner?? Any suggestions?

Im on 18points a day and so far my day looks like this:

Breakfast
    Herbal tea
    Muller yogurt (1.5pts)

LUNCH
    60g pasta (3pts)
    Sauce (1pt)

DINNER
    ???????

I will have 12.5 points remaining and would like something tastey and filling?
    Any suggestions please?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Eemia

Hey everyone.

Reached my goal weight i am now a Goldie woohoooo

Anyways was a bit late jumping on the band wagon getting a pedometre and got one yday to keep up the walking etc etc. But thing is i set it up weight, measured my stride etc and threw it on to test it and its not counting my steps. Did anyone else have that problem?

Thanks in advance

cowhands wrote: »
    Any suggestions please?

How about making a dish with noodles or something? They can be quite filling and just add veg and a nice sauce?!

Eemia...well done on reaching your goal!!! You must be so delighted and proud of yourself!!!!!!

Noodles....always thought they were pretty high in points??
    Would like something spicey or wholesome to eat tonight - this weather makes me crave some good home cooking!

• Advertisement

Thanks Cowhands! I am delighted alright. Lost 1stone 8lbs and only doing WW since week before xmas! Am now 10.03 but hoping to loose the last 3lbs or so myself (got sick of paying :o)

Noodles are high sorry its just when i saw 12.5pts i thought it might be a good filler with lots of veg! I'm stumped on the meal maybe someone else can help if they don't eat fish either.

Eemia wrote: »
    Thanks Cowhands! I am delighted alright. Lost 1stone 8lbs and only doing WW since week before xmas! Am now 10.03 but hoping to loose the last 3lbs or so myself (got sick of paying :o)

Noodles are high sorry its just when i saw 12.5pts i thought it might be a good filler with lots of veg! I'm stumped on the meal maybe someone else can help if they don't eat fish either.

I have 1st 12lb left to my goal (have lost 1st 13lbs so far) slow progress with me as my life is pretty manic this year. Any tips to get the last stone or more away?

I have 1st 12lb left to my goal (have lost 1st 13lbs so far) slow progress with me as my life is pretty manic this year. Any tips to get the last stone or more away?

First of all well done on the weight loss so far that is brilliant!

The one thing that helped me a LOT was exercise and not, not allowing myself chocolate LOL.I love chocolate but i had some everyday cause if i didn't i'd have wanted it more! :pac:

Keep up what you are doing! I found it hard to shift these last few lbs and these last 3lbs are going to be even harder but if it takes me 6wks to loose .5lb a wk i'll do it :D

Oh if i was hungry at lunch i mean really hungry i'd make myself a big stirfry and it kept me going. Luckily i love veg.

Do you find yourself constantly thinking about food? I was/am thinking what i was gonna eat next lol.

Also knowing when to stop i have learned this now where i used go ah one more won't kill me, i now say NO thats enough and if in an hour i still wanted it and had pts i would.

HTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Snaggle0705

Morning all,

As its good Friday I would like to stick to tradition and not eat any meat. However, I really dont like fish so Im struggling what to eat for dinner?? Any suggestions?

Im on 18points a day and so far my day looks like this:

Breakfast
    Herbal tea
    Muller yogurt (1.5pts)

LUNCH
    60g pasta (3pts)
    Sauce (1pt)

DINNER
    ???????

Any suggestions please?
    Cowhands - what about an omelette?
    If you use 2 eggs (1.5 points each), lots of 0 point veg, chillies etc... maybe have it with some rice (150g for 3 points?)... throw some veg into the rice too (mushrooms, peppers, garlic, soy) - you'll be stuffed to the gills for a mere 5.5 points?
    Or, stuffed peppers? Make rice with veg (as above) and stuff a couple of peppers? An even lower point option?

Well done Eemia! Goal is fantastic and you did that in such a short space of time!

Hi Cowhand I made a vegetarian lasagne from an old weight watchersbook yesterday. I left out some of the ingredients to keep the points low. I thought it was going to taste really bland but it's actually yum! And I was full before I'd even finished my 6 point portion

Ingredients:

250g pre cooked lasagne sheets (I used wholewheat)

Filling:

1 medium lettuce shredded
    450g of frozen veg
    vegetable stock
    low fat cooking sauce
    2 garlic cloves chopped
    225g courgettes diced
    500g frozen spinach
    200g quark/ low fat fromage frais cheesw
    pinch of nutmeg
    salt and pepper to season

Topping:

2 eggs
    4 tablespoons of skimmed milk
    300g low fat plain yogurt
    100g of low fat soft cheese (I used garlic and herb philadelphia)
    50g reduced fat grated cheddar cheese

Method:

1. Cook the lettuce with the frozen veg and spinach in the stock at a low temp for 20 mins

2. Meanwhile heat a large frying pan. Spray with cooking spray. Saute the garlic for 2 mins. Add the courgettes. Stir fry for 4 mins over a high heat until the courgettes brown slightly.

3. Add the quark/ fromage frais and stir.

4. Drain the veg and mix with the courgette and fromage frais (on the pan if there's room)

5. Preheat the oven to 180c. Spray an ovenproof lasagne dish with cooking spray and line the bottom with lasagne sheets. Layer with veg, more lasagne sheets, more veg, and a finish with a layer of lasagne sheets.

6. Beat the topping ingredients together (except the grated cheddar cheese). Pour over the lasagne. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 30mins or until golden.

(Mine was ready in 20/25 mins cos my oven was quite hot. I'd been doing home made granola in it before)

Weight Watchers gave the recipe 27.5 points in all and says it serves 4. at 7 points per portion. Or 580 cals. But they had white wine in their recipe, which I left out, and instead of frozen veg they had purely frozen peas. Also I didn't put a lasagne layer on the bottom of the tray. So I only have two layers of lasagne instead of three so I'm estimating my quarter portion at 6points!!

thanks girls will definately try the lasagna it sounds YUMMY!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 amg23

Hi everyone,

Im new to ww and to boards.ie. I have just started on my weight loss journey. My starting weight was 17.2 and i am now 16.12. Im quite tall and im hoping to get down to 13 stone ish. I want to go on holiday in june and be 16 stone or under it.

Its great reading all your posts. :)

amg23 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Im new to ww and to boards.ie. I have just started on my weight loss journey. My starting weight was 17.2 and i am now 16.12. Im quite tall and im hoping to get down to 13 stone ish. I want to go on holiday in june and be 16 stone or under it.

Its great reading all your posts. :)

Hi amg23. Welcome to boards and the Weight Watchers Thread. Well done on getting into the 16s! Before you know it you'll be in the 15s...in time for your June holiday! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

i didn`t get to wi on thurs but weighed myself at home and was up .5lb! ah!ate a smarties easter egg yesterday! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fatewatchers

Flying to London at 6.40am tomorrow morning for a family funeral so won't be updating much til I'm back Wednesday evening. Hope ye have a good start to the week, folks xxx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement