Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 unluckystar

Anyone know where i can get the frozen weight watchers beef hotpot??
    Have tried a few branches of Dunnes and Tesco etc and cant find it in any of them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I have never been dreading my weigh as much as I am this week. Between being really busy in work for the last two or three weeks and then going on holiday for a week I have been eating really really bad. I can't even remember the last time I tracked. Trying really hard again now. I'm still going to be up this Wednesday though but it's too late to undone the damage now!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

^i feel your pain:(
    I missed my WI last week and have had the worst two weeks in such a long time. have been eating like a pig the last two days so im dreading my WI tomorrow morning,so much for getting to goal and staying there im going in the wrong direction now:eek::eek:

hoping to get a big kick up the rear at WI tomorrow so that might help get me back on track! ive a wedding and a meet up with some people i havent seen in a long time coming up in may so id really love to be at my ultimate goal by then fingers crossed!!:rolleyes:

^i feel your pain:(
    I missed my WI last week and have had the worst two weeks in such a long time. have been eating like a pig the last two days so im dreading my WI tomorrow morning,so much for getting to goal and staying there im going in the wrong direction now:eek::eek:

hoping to get a big kick up the rear at WI tomorrow so that might help get me back on track! ive a wedding and a meet up with some people i havent seen in a long time coming up in may so id really love to be at my ultimate goal by then fingers crossed!!:rolleyes:

You're so lucky to be at your goal!

Whatever happens tomorrow, the damage is done. We'll just have to be good from now on! I've my breakfast, lunch and snacks ready for tomorrow. Hoping that planning will help :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bearster

Im glad to hear that I am not the only one to fall off the wagon. I was up last week my to my surprise and was so annoyed I ate rings around myself this week. Which was completely self destructive bcause now I'm going to be up again tomorrow :mad:. The plan is to get back on track tomorrow. :D Best of luck to everyone weighing in tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

I was off for 5 days and i went way off the tracks!
    too much temptation, fecking eggs, booze, nice dinners.
    i think this will be the first time i am up since i started in january.
    rats!!

I need help bad! I've been very strict today but I'm starving. I won't be able to have dinner until 8 or 9pm and don't know what to eat in the mean time! So far today I've had bran flakes, an apple, apple juice, a yoghurt, brown bread sandwich with lettuce and chicken and a packet of treble crunch. I've also had 1 litre of water.

Can anyone suggest something I can eat now that I can get in the shop? I am starved!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

ergonomics wrote: »
    I need help bad! I've been very strict today but I'm starving. I won't be able to have dinner until 8 or 9pm and don't know what to eat in the mean time! So far today I've had bran flakes, an apple, apple juice, a yoghurt, brown bread sandwich with lettuce and chicken and a packet of treble crunch. I've also had 1 litre of water.

Can anyone suggest something I can eat now that I can get in the shop? I am starved!

A small can of baked beans???? 2 points

No-sugar Hartleys jelly? 0 points

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WannabeSlim

Can I join in?
    I am new to boards (just joined today) but have been doing WW since end of January - I am down 15lb after 10 weeks. Great ideas on this thread. I do WW at home as I had all the books and funds were low so cant afford meetings at the moment but its going ok so far.

So hi to all and best of luck on your weigh loss journey!

dolliemix wrote: »
    A small can of baked beans???? 2 points

No-sugar Hartleys jelly? 0 points

Thanks for that! I wouldn't have thought of beans and I had my food blinkers on so all I could think of was sweets. I ended up getting a small tin of spaghetti hoops which were 1.5 points as the baked beans didn't have a ring pull and I didn't have a can opener!

Only at 11 points so far today so I have 9 to spend still :D
    Can I join in?
    I am new to boards (just joined today) but have been doing WW since end of January - I am down 15lb after 10 weeks. Great ideas on this thread. I do WW at home as I had all the books and funds were low so cant afford meetings at the moment but its going ok so far.

So hi to all and best of luck on your weigh loss journey!

Well done on your loss so far! You seem to be doing really well!

• Advertisement

I got my first stone!!!!!:D

Hope everyone else is happy with their results! :)

Well done! I bet you feel great!

My weigh is tomorrow. I'm still dreading it but I can't change anything now. My major thing was I drank 1.6 litres of water. I know that is a doddle for most but I find it extremely difficult so I was thrilled when I finished it!

ergonomics wrote: »
    Well done! I bet you feel great!

My weigh is tomorrow. I'm still dreading it but I can't change anything now. My major thing was I drank 1.6 litres of water. I know that is a doddle for most but I find it extremely difficult so I was thrilled when I finished it!

Thanks. I do feel brilliant!

Thats great that you got the H20 into you. The water really helps. It's all the little things really that matter. Last night I was downing the water into hoping it would flush out all the Sunday Easter dinner. I guess it worked!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

thanks so much hyperbaby. im off now to buy a notebook for my food diary. found a class thats on tomorrow... hope the date isn't a sign though !!! April 1st (APRIL FOOLS DAY :D)
    I just logged on earlier to www.fitday.com, as recommended by other posters here. It's really easy to keep a record of your food diary, I'm very impressed by the site. I'm a bit of a chicken, I won't post my food diary here just yet, but I'll continue to read all the postings.

Well done everyone, the moral support here is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭cowhands

I joined ww last year and continued for a few months, however, we have a small baby (now 15months old) and both myself and otherhalf work long hours. Sometimes because of his late shifts I couldnt make it to my meetings as I had no one to mind baby. So in the end I just stopped going all together.
    I still tracked at home and Im nearly two stone lighter this year.

However, I need to go back to ww meetings as I NEED the motivation and focus, its so hard doing it on your own.

Im just wondering what other mammys do with their kids when at weight watchers meetings? I dont want to join again not be able to make meetings because I have no one to look after baby. Its a waste of money if nothing else.

I wonder would it be ok to bring baby along, just to get weighted in and not stay for the meetings on the days other half is working late??

What do you think of children at meetings?

Hi cowhands!

I've been to a few meetings and every one I've gone to, someone has brought their child along. No one seems to mind. I know I don't anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

likewise!
    my meeting is on at 10am so there are plenty of mammys there with kids of varying ages. im sure it would be fine for you to take your baby along and stay for the meeting.
    my leader has a sign up at the clerks desk saying children are very welcome in classs as long as they are quite and jokes that no one is allowed be louder than her in class!!
    I've seen some girls bring along some toys and books to keep them entertained for the hour or so too.

Hi Cowhands

Well done losing the 2 stone on your own!!

There are a few mums with children at the meetings I go to. We always laugh and say 'God love them they're starting early"!

Nobody minds the babies/kids. Last week, one of the kids started acting up a bit and the mum gave her some food to keep her quiet!!! The irony!:D

There is another mum, who stays if she can, but if the baby starts crying or whatever she just leaves ...it's no big deal!

I think Weight Watchers is great for mums. If I had kids...there is no way I'd be able to stop picking at their food etc. They're always giving each other advice as to stop themselves going for the sweets/ crisps etc that are in the house. I would have to go to Weight Watchers to keep things in check

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭cowhands

Thanks all,

I really wanted to see what others thought as Id hate to put anyone out at the meeting by having baby there. Ill bring her along when I have to so and behaviour premitting stay to the end.

Il looking forward to going back to the meetings now, I feel it will give me the push I need to get to my goal (2 more or so stone left :().

Would love to know what others eat for their dinners and lunches Im struggling there at the moment.

My typical would be something like:

LUNCHES
    pastas and stir in sauces
    Green Salad
    Baked potato and beans
    portion of left over dinners from the night before

DINNERS
    Beef/chicken/pork stir fries with Blue dragon sauces (1pt for the whole packet!)
    Chilli Beef (7.5pts with kidney beans - Old El Paso mix)
    Chicken Biryani with rice (1pt for schwartz biryani mix whole packet!)
    Home made Currys
    Home made Spag Bol
    Home made piri piri wedges
    Chicken Wraps with Old El Paso mix - the wraps are so high though so try not to eat them so offen
    Home made meat balls
    Home made tandorri chicken (tandorri mix, natural yogurt and lemon juice)
    Home made BBQ chicken - yummy!

As you can see my diet is very heavy on carbs but I love them, however I gave up bread altogether so that was a hugh help!

I would love other options for dinner and lunches as I get bored with this every week....any suggestions?
    PS. Im not a huge fan of fish :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭claireycork

I joined Weight Watchers a month ago and have lost a stone now to date. I have 8 stone to loose but im taking it one stone at a time.
    In regards Cowhands post, my lunches and dinners are very boring indeed, i try to stick to the same as it is worknig for me.. but would love to try new recipes!!!

Breakfast
    Always coffe in the car on route to work and a small bowl of Cornflakes with skim milk at my desk

Lunch
    A bowl of Zero points soup
    one wholemeal pitta bread (cut in half and toasted)
    spread with laughing cow (extra light) 1/2 point each and its a great supplement for butter! i would mix it up with tuna or else have salad or ham slices.
    An activia yogurt, the new ones with the Fat Pots- they are 1.5 points and are absolutley yummy!

Dinner
    I always have my spuds and veg with meat, mixing it up with either chicken fillet with cajun/curry powder spread over it and put in oven for 20 mins or i put onions and mushroom pieces on a skewers with either beef pieces or chicken, pork and cook them in a grill pan.

Would love to know some new dinner recipes if anyone has any?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭FewToLose

Hi guys, I am 19 year old student; joined WW 2 weeks ago lost 3.5 the first week; but was disappointed with just 0.5 this week so trying harder now. How'd all get on??

cowhands wrote: »
    Thanks all,

I really wanted to see what others thought as Id hate to put anyone out at the meeting by having baby there. Ill bring her along when I have to so and behaviour premitting stay to the end.

Il looking forward to going back to the meetings now, I feel it will give me the push I need to get to my goal (2 more or so stone left :().

Would love to know what others eat for their dinners and lunches Im struggling there at the moment.

My typical would be something like:

LUNCHES
    pastas and stir in sauces
    Green Salad
    Baked potato and beans
    portion of left over dinners from the night before

DINNERS
    Beef/chicken/pork stir fries with Blue dragon sauces (1pt for the whole packet!)
    Chilli Beef (7.5pts with kidney beans - Old El Paso mix)
    Chicken Biryani with rice (1pt for schwartz biryani mix whole packet!)
    Home made Currys
    Home made Spag Bol
    Home made piri piri wedges
    Chicken Wraps with Old El Paso mix - the wraps are so high though so try not to eat them so offen
    Home made meat balls
    Home made tandorri chicken (tandorri mix, natural yogurt and lemon juice)
    Home made BBQ chicken - yummy!

As you can see my diet is very heavy on carbs but I love them, however I gave up bread altogether so that was a hugh help!

I would love other options for dinner and lunches as I get bored with this every week....any suggestions?
    PS. Im not a huge fan of fish :(

For lunch I love baked turkey fillet (it costs just 3.50 for three in Lidl) for around 2-2.5 points and rocket, tomato and red onion salad. I also have 2 ryvita and use Mint Sauce (zero points) to give it all flavour :)

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

I would say get one of the ww cook books. I bought the simply suppers one- loads of nice ideas for lunches and dinners- all pre pointed :)

Next I plan to get a fabulous and filling one...

Can someone tell me how to put my tickerfactory.com weight loss measure thing on my posts? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

I gained 1.5lb this week. It was to be expected after drinkin a keg of beer over the bank hol weekend! Must do better..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

FewToLose wrote: »
    Can someone tell me how to put my tickerfactory.com weight loss measure thing on my posts? thanks
    i just inserted the URL into my reply, but I think maybe you can insert it into your signature & it will stay there each time you post a reply?

Try going to USER CP I think it is on your profile at the left and you could be able to add/edit a signature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭StandardAngel

Really dreading my weigh in tomorrow morning, had my first weigh in last week and lost 5.5lbs so was hoping to lose at least 1.5lbs this week to make the total loss half a stone but with easter and the bank hol its more likely i will have some on :(

Ah well, tomorrow starts a new week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 supersiren

Hi all..totally new to this boards.ie but have been reading your posts about weight loss and its very encouraging to see all the suppport everyone is getting..well to cut to the point I need to lose about 2 stone and think weightwatchers is the way to do it??have tried it before but ended up goin travellin so didnt last long but seriously have to do something about it now..seen pics from a night out recently and there horrendous:mad:due to work its difficult to make classes so think i will try the home package and do it myself.have a friend in the same situation so will have some support:) Just wonderin has anyone done it this way themselves and has it worked???good luck to all:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

I don't know if this is the place to post about this query but I have been going to weight watchers for 2 weeks now and I was 14stone 4 pounds when I started two weeks ago. I have lost 7 and a half pounds in 2 weeks

is this healthy??

I'm eating healthy food and not starving myself and I TRY go jogging with my bf 2 to 3 times a week, well I jog then give up and walk lol

but anyways I'm worried that I'm losing it too quickly

any advice ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

alpha2010 wrote: »
    I don't know if this is the place to post about this query but I have been going to weight watchers for 2 weeks now and I was 14stone 4 pounds when I started two weeks ago. I have lost 7 and a half pounds in 2 weeks

is this healthy??

I'm eating healthy food and not starving myself and I TRY go jogging with my bf 2 to 3 times a week, well I jog then give up and walk lol

but anyways I'm worried that I'm losing it too quickly

any advice ??

No alpha, generally everyone loses big (ie 4-7lbs) in first week, just because of major change in diet.....you will see it get much smaller in weeks to come. I lost 5lbs in my forst week and 3lbs in my second, thought i was the bees knees but its totally averaged out and now I have lost 12lbs in 10weeks (yes I know how slow that is lol) between puuting on and loosing it evens itself out imho!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement