Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭cowhands

supersiren wrote: »
    Hi all..totally new to this boards.ie but have been reading your posts about weight loss and its very encouraging to see all the suppport everyone is getting..well to cut to the point I need to lose about 2 stone and think weightwatchers is the way to do it??have tried it before but ended up goin travellin so didnt last long but seriously have to do something about it now..seen pics from a night out recently and there horrendous:mad:due to work its difficult to make classes so think i will try the home package and do it myself.have a friend in the same situation so will have some support:) Just wonderin has anyone done it this way themselves and has it worked???good luck to all:D

Hi Supersiren... I joined ww last year and lost over a stone by going to the meetings, then just like you work and other commitements stopped me from going, I still pointed my food and weighted myself every week at home and managed to loose another 10.5 pounds. I just joined back at ww again last night because I need the extra focus of the meetings as I struggling on my own at home now. So yes it can be done at home, its just harder to stay on track by yourself.But if you are determined and driven then it will happen

Millieboo wrote: »
    No alpha, generally everyone loses big (ie 4-7lbs) in first week, just because of major change in diet.....you will see it get much smaller in weeks to come. I lost 5lbs in my forst week and 3lbs in my second, thought i was the bees knees but its totally averaged out and now I have lost 12lbs in 10weeks (yes I know how slow that is lol) between puuting on and loosing it evens itself out imho!!!!

Yep totally agree. Your body has a big stock at the start and looses quite easily. then as the weeks go on your body gets use to the change and hangs on a little harder to the fat and you dont see so much of a difference. But keep at it and all the 1lbs add up in the end!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Mother Teresa

How's everyone doing! Welcome to all the new WW's :)
    Cowhands, when my one was younger I used to bring her to a morning class with me and leave if she got grizzley, but its never been a problem!
    The leader I go to now is fantasic and teases the kids in buggy's at classes about the points in their rusks or liga:p
    I didn't have weigh in on Monday, and even though I vowed to go another day, I didn't quite make it... lets just say I didn't so much fall off the wagon this week, as jump off and roll around in the chocolate and beer:pac:
    I've reigned it in now, and I'll be back to face the music on Monday nite! This bum won't shrink itself haha
    Best of luck for a good week to all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Hello Everyone :) like you MT and many others by the looks of it, I fell off the wagon at the weekend. I had my WI last night and was down 2lbs :) I'm delighted cos I thought I had defo put on weight this week. Welcome to all the new people. It's great to see so many Wwer's :) Time to get back on track :) Delicious healthy food, water and walking that's my plan for this week. Good luck everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 time_for_action

my first weigh in is this evening and im totally dreading it in case i dont do well. i think ive been pretty good sticking to the plan..
    didnt even have an easter egg :eek: !! so hopefully fingers crossed ! il report back in morning...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Hi Guys

Welcome all the newbies, this forum is great for motivation and support.

Well went to WI this morning and I STS so not really sure how I feel about that cos I taught I had a good week and didnt eat any easter eggs!

Im 2.5lbs off my first stone and it feels like Ill never get there but Im really going to push for it this week - so fingers crossed;);)

Well done everyone who lost and if u didnt lose this week u will next week!!

JOJOC123 wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Welcome all the newbies, this forum is great for motivation and support.

Well went to WI this morning and I STS so not really sure how I feel about that cos I taught I had a good week and didnt eat any easter eggs!

Im 2.5lbs off my first stone and it feels like Ill never get there but Im really going to push for it this week - so fingers crossed;);)

Well done everyone who lost and if u didnt lose this week u will next week!!

I always think that if you sts this week after being very good, you will probably have a really good week next week!!!! Just focus on that and look forward to your next weigh in. Well done on the weight loss so far...You'll have your stone next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

hi folks,

i havent posted here before

have been doing WW for over a year

lost 5 st 1, then got complacent and over a few months i put on over 1 st, so i'm now back at WW, with a total loss from when i originally started of 3st 10.5

i'm not gonna post up my starting weight, or how much i've left to lose :o

i lurk here a lot but finally decided to post

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Its great that you came back Sam34.

I also lost 3 stone on weight watchers, got complacent, and put on 4 stone!!!

Its brilliant that you've reigned it in so soon!

I've lost 15 Ilbs already though this time round so I'm on my way, feeling positive and loving all the support here. This time I'm going to be like you and come back sooner when I start putting it on again. And I will because I'm human and I need to let go every now again. We all do!!

Maybe there should be a maintenance thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

its so damn easy put it on isnt it!

i'm only back on the wagon a week, so we'll see how it goes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fatewatchers

Hi folks.

I don't have any WI news this week as I decided not to go. I was in London for the past few days attending my cousins funeral. I only got home yesterday evening and I've basically been asleep since. There was a lot of bold eating and it was all very upsetting, she was only 28 and died from complications arising from bulimia and anorexia. I feel as though I've gained this week (TOTM is in town as well, bloated up so bad I look 6 months pregnant) and I am just too emotionally and physically drained to go to WI and be told I've had my first gain.

Back on track tomorrow though. My 50lbs certificate is just going to have to wait a wee while longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

Hi folks.

I don't have any WI news this week as I decided not to go. I was in London for the past few days attending my cousins funeral. I only got home yesterday evening and I've basically been asleep since. There was a lot of bold eating and it was all very upsetting, she was only 28 and died from complications arising from bulimia and anorexia. I feel as though I've gained this week (TOTM is in town as well, bloated up so bad I look 6 months pregnant) and I am just too emotionally and physically drained to go to WI and be told I've had my first gain.

Back on track tomorrow though. My 50lbs certificate is just going to have to wait a wee while longer!
    so sorry about ur cousin,she was so young and its ironic what she died from and we all goin on and on about eatin and food! may she rest in pesce and you look after ur self,she is at ease now x

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

4 got 2 say i was down 2 lbs today and i did eat easter eggs!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Fatewatchers - Im so sorry to hear about ur cousin may she rest in peace. Dont worry about WI, take care of urself!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭StandardAngel

Had my 2nd weigh in this morning and lost half a pound, not bad considering i had a weekend of drinking and easter eggs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 newtorunning

Hi Everyone!
    Help needed. Have fallen off the wagon and cannot get back on.
    Had some Easter eggs and it hasn't really stopped since. Got weighed on Tuesday and had 1.5lb on. Can't afford to have this on as i really have a lot to lose. some of you guys on this have such great motivation and i'd admire you all.
    Any help / advice or maybe i should get someone to kick me really hard.
    :(

Hi Everyone!
    Had some Easter eggs and it hasn't really stopped since. Got weighed on Tuesday and had 1.5lb on. Can't afford to have this on as i really have a lot to lose. some of you guys on this have such great motivation and i'd admire you all.

I always think weightloss is like cycling up a big hill, sometimes you loose steam and have to get off, stop and start pushing...while your stopped look back and see how far youve come, then start pushing it might not be as fast as racing up the hill but you'll still get there.

had my first weigh in last nite.. lost 4lbs.. very happy considering easter was in the middle... now starts another week...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Hi Everyone!

Someone on here told me to think about how bad the guilt of eating badly/how horrible it feels when the scales is up and then think about how good it feels to be losing weight/making the good choice in terms of food. Remind yourself how bad you can feel and tell yourself you want to feel the good feelings again and that might prompt you to get back on the wagon!

Don't feel bad though; everyone falls off the wagon at some point. Nobody is perfect.

had my first weigh in last nite.. lost 4lbs.. very happy considering easter was in the middle... now starts another week...

wow thats amazing!!!! Well done to you. keep up the hard work this week and you'll soon see great results

• Advertisement

thanks cowhands.. im pleased.... only 18 weeks til i have to fit into a bridesmaid dress.. one that will hopefully have to be altered down... aaarrgh:eek:

thanks cowhands.. im pleased.... only 18 weeks til i have to fit into a bridesmaid dress.. one that will hopefully have to be altered down... aaarrgh:eek:

Ah Im doing bridesmaid in Oct for my friend...please God Ill be down at least a dress size by then!

cowhands wrote: »
    Ah Im doing bridesmaid in Oct for my friend...please God Ill be down at least a dress size by then!

@ Time for Action and Cowhands: Oh my God! I was you five years ago! The pressure...I'll never forget it lol!

You've plenty of time. One pound a week. Everytime you're tempted to go off course....just picture yourself getting your photo taken on the day of the wedding.

@Cowhands: I know you have your hands full with your little girl but work on getting exercise in to your routine daily. Pushing a pram and lifting children is fantastic exercise in itself!!!

You'll be a dress size and more by then...:)

dolliemix wrote: »
    @ Time for Action and Cowhands: Oh my God! I was you five years ago! The pressure...I'll never forget it lol!

You've plenty of time. One pound a week. Everytime you're tempted to go off course....just picture yourself getting your photo taken on the day of the wedding.

@Cowhands: I know you have your hands full with your little girl but work on getting exercise in to your routine daily. Pushing a pram and lifting children is fantastic exercise in itself!!!

You'll be a dress size and more by then...:)

Oh Dolliemix....thank you very much for your comments. Yeah Ive definately toned up since having Holly, must be all the lifting and pushing as youve said!
    I know Im so dreading being the size of a tent for the wedding, seriously Im so consious about having my picture taken as it is (I always look so cuddy and ugly :( ) so every half pound or pound will help me. The bride and other bride maid as so beautiful and skinny (size 10s). Im delighted she asked me though as I dont have any sisters of my own so will probably never get the chance again!

im in the same boat too... bride and bridesmaids are size 8 and im a big 16... il never be an 8 but im hoping for a small 14 at least... i dont want to be the fat one !! so heres hoping !!

God you're bringing me back to the stress of it all! I too was a 16 and the bride and her sister were size 4 and 8. I dropped a dress size for the wedding and when I went to try on the bridesmaid dress after I'd lost the weight, the lady in the shop hugged me, cos she knew how stressed I was about it all. :o

When I look back on it all, it was a nightmare because I felt so much pressure. (All self-inflicted, the bride was brilliant).

All you can do is your best. If you lose some weight beforehand, you'll feel great.

I wish I hadn't been so worried about it all back then. I will never be a size 8 or size 4. On the day, I had lost some weight and I had been exercising for weeks. I had that healthy glow and I felt great.

it doesn't matter how skinny the people beside you are there's nothing more attractive than a smile and confidence. :)

dolliemix wrote: »
    God you're bringing me back to the stress of it all! I too was a 16 and the bride and her sister were size 4 and 8. I dropped a dress size for the wedding and when I went to try on the bridesmaid dress after I'd lost the weight, the lady in the shop hugged me, cos she knew how stressed I was about it all. :o

When I look back on it all, it was a nightmare because I felt so much pressure. (All self-inflicted, the bride was brilliant).

All you can do is your best. If you lose some weight beforehand, you'll feel great.

I wish I hadn't been so worried about it all back then. I will never be a size 8 or size 4. On the day, I had lost some weight and I had been exercising for weeks. I had that healthy glow and I felt great.

it doesn't matter how skinny the people beside you are there's nothing more attractive than a smile and confidence. :)

Oh I wish I could get into that frame of mind now.I really really really dont want to be the fat bridesmaid Im a good size 12 or 14 now but God if I could get into a 10 bridesmaid dress it would be the happiest day of my life.And being the only blonde Ill probably stand out more in the pictures aswell so I have to loose this weight!!

cowhands wrote: »
    Oh I wish I could get into that frame of mind now.I really really really dont want to be the fat bridesmaid Im a good size 12 or 14 now but God if I could get into a 10 bridesmaid dress it would be the happiest day of my life.And being the only blonde Ill probably stand out more in the pictures aswell so I have to loose this weight!!

i would be over the moon if i were you... if i was a 12 for the wedding i would definitely not be considering myself the fat bridesmaid.. id be well chuffed... but each to their own... we can do this !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Hey all,

I had my first move in the wrong direction last night- up 1/2 pound. Tis a bit of a pain but hardly unexpected as I didnt have the best weekend last week. I did pull it back though during the week and I think this prevented a bigger gain.

Really hoping this week to be super good and maybe lose 2.5 which would get me my 3rd silver 7!

• Advertisement

Thumpette wrote: »
    Hey all,

I had my first move in the wrong direction last night- up 1/2 pound. Tis a bit of a pain but hardly unexpected as I didnt have the best weekend last week. I did pull it back though during the week and I think this prevented a bigger gain.

Really hoping this week to be super good and maybe lose 2.5 which would get me my 3rd silver 7!

The weekends are the worst for me, I always think after working so hard all week I "deserve" a bottle of wine and a take away, and a chocolate bar, and.......what ever else I fancy. I think I could be so much lighter if we didnt have weekends lol. Try keep focused and you will get your 3RD silver seven!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement