Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭cowhands

i would be over the moon if i were you... if i was a 12 for the wedding i would definitely not be considering myself the fat bridesmaid.. id be well chuffed... but each to their own... we can do this !!

Im pretty short though (5ft4ish) and carry most of my weight on my lower tummy, hips, bum and tighs :( so Im still over weight for my height :( (plus a baby didnt help with all my stretch marks and flabbiness) so Im not best pleased with the way I am right now, granted its getting better but still NEED to loose two stone by Oct, if I dont well ill feel like Ive failed

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

has anyone ever made any low fat sorbets that they know the points of? im having a search at the moment but figured it was worth asking here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

hey just wondering about exercise

in WW they always talk about walking but i go jogging twice a week because i don't get time to go walking 5 times a week

i would only jog for 20 mins each time but overall is it the same as walking ??

like i feel more exhausted compared to walking but i dont know if overall its good

anyone know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

alpha2010 wrote: »
    hey just wondering about exercise

in WW they always talk about walking but i go jogging twice a week because i don't get time to go walking 5 times a week

i would only jog for 20 mins each time but overall is it the same as walking ??

like i feel more exhausted compared to walking but i dont know if overall its good

anyone know :)

my leader always says its quality not quantity that counts with exercise. you could go out walking for an hour 7 days a week and not put in the effort but then you could go out for 20-30 minutes 2-3 times a week and really go for it. so id say if your really putting in the effort in your jogs then keep doing what your doing. As long you put the effort into whatever exercise your doing it should be fine. no point being out walking for hours if the whole time your walking your chatting or strolling along. as my leader says too if your talking your not walking fast enough!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

What's the best choice I can make in a takeaway? I'm stuck for points as it is and now my friend's want a girl's night in with wine and takeaways! I won't be having wine but don't want to turn down the takeaway too as I'm always turning them down for stuff since I started WW. Any tips? I figured a small portion of chips and maybe chicken nuggets?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭FewToLose

ergonomics wrote: »
    What's the best choice I can make in a takeaway? I'm stuck for points as it is and now my friend's want a girl's night in with wine and takeaways! I won't be having wine but don't want to turn down the takeaway too as I'm always turning them down for stuff since I started WW. Any tips? I figured a small portion of chips and maybe chicken nuggets?

I'd think you should try for rice and nuggets (but take the batter off them); or else a veggie chinese with boiled rice :) best to steer clear of the fried stuff but seeing as it's so hard to do so if you take the batter off the nuggets then it won't be so bad! And use soy sauce and opposed to ketchup cos it has no Points!!

FewToLose wrote: »
    I'd think you should try for rice and nuggets (but take the batter off them); or else a veggie chinese with boiled rice :) best to steer clear of the fried stuff but seeing as it's so hard to do so if you take the batter off the nuggets then it won't be so bad! And use soy sauce and opposed to ketchup cos it has no Points!!

I'd say we'll be going to a chippers rather than a chinese but thanks for the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

I'd say we'll be going to a chippers rather than a chinese but thanks for the advice!

http://ukladyluck.co.uk/chip-shop-kebab/

That has chip shop points.

Lamb shish kebab with pitta and salad 6points

A small enough battered cod is 7points, why not half it.

I point chips as 7.5 for average portion or 9 for larger. (You could weigh them to be sure 175g is 7.5points)

Jwacqui wrote: »
    http://ukladyluck.co.uk/chip-shop-kebab/

That has chip shop points.

Lamb shish kebab with pitta and salad 6points

A small enough battered cod is 7points, why not half it.

I point chips as 7.5 for average portion or 9 for larger. (You could weigh them to be sure 175g is 7.5points)

Thanks a million for that! It's so helpful. Have decided on a small portion of chips (and I don't plan to eat all I get) and 1 (or 2) sausages. Never even thought of ordering sausages!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Thanks a million for that! It's so helpful. Have decided on a small portion of chips (and I don't plan to eat all I get) and 1 (or 2) sausages. Never even thought of ordering sausages!

Not a bother!!

ENJOY!! I'm jealous!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

ok, excuse my ignorance...

roughly how many points in a slice of ham/onion/tomato quiche bought from a deli counter?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

sam34 wrote: »
    ok, excuse my ignorance...

roughly how many points in a slice of ham/onion/tomato quiche bought from a deli counter?

If it is pastry based alot!!!! I would say one slice would be about 10pts!!!! Butter, cream, eggs, ham, flour, cheese...

Pembily wrote: »
    If it is pastry based alot!!!! I would say one slice would be about 10pts!!!! Butter, cream, eggs, ham, flour, cheese...

:eek::eek:

dammit!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

just realised i have been living on big als chicken and i was reading a forum saying anything that comes out of a box is bad for you, processed foods

i pointed them and there either 3 or 3.5 depends on which ones

should i avoid them from now on
    i eat em with oven chips

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭cat_rant

Damn it! Doing WW and stuff 4.5 lbs down in four weeks. But just had the day of badness. There were eggs bacon sausages pudding, two bottles of bear pastry and crossant. Feel really disappointed with myself right now. Will try and fix the damage by being good until my meeting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 newtorunning

Hi Cat Rant,
    feel the same as you, yesterday was not good and today was ishy, have my weigh in on Tuesday and just not sure what way it's gonna go.
    Tomorrow's a new day, fresh page on the tracker! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

II'm the same. I just had a massive two day binge on a hen weekend. I ate everything going. I didn't choose the lowfat options as I had planned to do. I picked at everything around me. I'm so bloated now. I'm definitely going to gain this week. :mad:

I'm just going to be really strict with diet till weigh in wednesday. I did a 4k jog this evening and I'm going to up the exercise to try and limit the damage done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭StandardAngel

Very proud of myself I actually managed to save points over the weekend for a change! :D

is anyone still doing the old core plan on ww?

i had great success with this

i never got into the points counting, as i would find teh weighing/measuring tedious and i'd eventually use it as an excuse not to continue

I never did the core plan Sam - i always thought it would be easier to restrict myself from boldness if I pointed stuff. Also I munch when I am bored so having to point made me more aware of what I was consuming.

But from what I can see the new plan takes whats best from both core and point and combined it to produce a better system. I like the fact that the new materials highlights your "filling foods" to keep the hunger away for longer. Helps you to eat smart.

In our meeting we discussed that egg whites are free its the yoke that is 1.5 points... It's alway reassuring to know that if I consume a lot of points during the day I can have an omlette with egg whites and lots of veggies for dinner and it's free :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

I was just wondering could someone answer me a quick question. I used to go to the men only meetings in Ballinteer in the community center behind BCS. This meeting seems to be gone from the men only listings and when I search for just a general meeting I'm getting that the class is in BCS itself. Can someone confirm that this is a mixed meeting on Tuesday @ 6.30 and that it has moved from the community center to the school itself?

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    I was just wondering could someone answer me a quick question. I used to go to the men only meetings in Ballinteer in the community center behind BCS. This meeting seems to be gone from the men only listings and when I search for just a general meeting I'm getting that the class is in BCS itself. Can someone confirm that this is a mixed meeting on Tuesday @ 6.30 and that it has moved from the community center to the school itself?

Hi MikeHoncho,
    yes it is Tuesday at 6.30 in the school; hope to see you there tomorrow evening!!

cat_rant wrote: »
    I never did the core plan Sam - i always thought it would be easier to restrict myself from boldness if I pointed stuff. Also I munch when I am bored so having to point made me more aware of what I was consuming.

But from what I can see the new plan takes whats best from both core and point and combined it to produce a better system. I like the fact that the new materials highlights your "filling foods" to keep the hunger away for longer. Helps you to eat smart.

In our meeting we discussed that egg whites are free its the yoke that is 1.5 points... It's alway reassuring to know that if I consume a lot of points during the day I can have an omlette with egg whites and lots of veggies for dinner and it's free :)

I didn't know that; thanks a million!!

FewToLose wrote: »
    I didn't know that; thanks a million!!

Your welcome! :D

Does anyone know the points for Fat Free natural yoghurt?? I know what it is for Fat Free greek yoghurt but is natural the same??

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

personally if i was goin for a meal or havin a takeaway,id cut down a bit that day and for couple of days after,life is for living,we can`t be that strict all the time! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Mother Teresa

Good morning! Hope everyone is enjoying the nice weather and feeling optimistic. Well I had WI yesterday having missed class last week, and I'm staggered! Managed to loose a pound, despite going way off track over easter. Obviously the few good days in the lead up, and reinging it back in the last few days have paid off.
    Its motivated me now to really work at it this week, I'd hate if it caught up with me.
    Best of luck to all who are weighing in:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

Good morning! Hope everyone is enjoying the nice weather and feeling optimistic. Well I had WI yesterday having missed class last week, and I'm staggered! Managed to loose a pound, despite going way off track over easter. Obviously the few good days in the lead up, and reinging it back in the last few days have paid off.
    Its motivated me now to really work at it this week, I'd hate if it caught up with me.
    Best of luck to all who are weighing in:)

Woohoo!! Congrats on the loss! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

stayed the same this week:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sillybuttons

ok started ww on jan 18th and have so far lost 2 stone 3.5 lbs :D but of late ive been finding it harder to keep going and stick to it! think because im doing well that i got a bit complacent and now im finding it hard to keep motivated. still have 13.5 lbs to get to goal and dont want to give up! im just so bored of eating the same things! any advice??:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement