Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭cat_rant

I totally get that! I try and find myself new foods to cook with as a way of keeping myself interested. I recently had a friend recommend butternut squash to me. We so far I made a yummy no points soup roasted it instead of potatoes with a Sunday dinner and my next step is to try oven cooking it as Wedges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 time_for_action

ok started ww on jan 18th and have so far lost 2 stone 3.5 lbs :D but of late ive been finding it harder to keep going and stick to it! think because im doing well that i got a bit complacent and now im finding it hard to keep motivated. still have 13.5 lbs to get to goal and dont want to give up! im just so bored of eating the same things! any advice??:confused:

wow.. thats amazing.. im so jealous.. im a week in and im losing the will already.. must get myself focused... had a bad weekend and now its in my head that this weeks weigh in is scuppered... been on my own in office all day and i know there is biscuits in the drawer and they are calling my name... im not even a biscuit eater !!! its madness !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Hi,
    Well done on your fantastic loss so far Sillybuttons. I know how you feel when you eat the same food all the time :(
    It's boring :( The weightwatchers magazine is good for ideas or try skinnytaste.com loads and loads and loads of gorgeous food and it's all pointed. It's an american site so the points will vary slightly. Some of the food have different names like Cilantro instead of Corriander and Eggplant instead Aubergine. It's a great place to get ideas from.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sinny65

Had my WI today - down 1/2 pound, might not sound like much but am delighted with it:) Had a wedding at weekend and ate all around me including vol a vonts & loads of profiteroles, followed by bbq on sat where I totally pigged out and thants on top of 2 days heavy drinking. Was totally expecting to be up a pound or 2 and was thinking about skipping my WI but my work mate convinced me to go to stay on track. Am really glad I went now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭FewToLose

Down one pound which brings my total to 5 pounds in 3 weeks...desperately need to get 2 off this week so that I'll have my first silver seven!! Hope and pray! How did it go for everyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭FewToLose

ok started ww on jan 18th and have so far lost 2 stone 3.5 lbs :D but of late ive been finding it harder to keep going and stick to it! think because im doing well that i got a bit complacent and now im finding it hard to keep motivated. still have 13.5 lbs to get to goal and dont want to give up! im just so bored of eating the same things! any advice??:confused:

OMG that's amazing!!! What's your secret! Keep up the good work-you are nearly there!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 bettydavis

Hi guys,

I joined ww last Thursday despite the fact that I knew I had a meal out with friends on Friday & a BBQ on Saturday.... but if I'd let that stop me I'd be waiting another month between communions and weddings as I seem to have something every week, and the weight would creep up and up!! I was 16.7 at my weight in which was a bit of a shock but I suppose I have to start somewhere :) however I don't feel I've done too well this week with everything that went on over the weekend and to boot I've made a few errors with choices from the work canteen over the last 2 days but it's a learning curve and so long as I don't put up on Thursday I'll be happy and I know I can learn from any of this weeks poor choices such as bring my lunch to work as it's too hard to guess some of the points.

This thread is great - brilliant support, encouragement and motivation from everyone, some fab success stories and not to mention the tips for tasty snacks both the healthy and not so healthy:):) Hopefully in time I will be able to offer some of the same to others on the thread.

Hope everyone has a good week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Haven't posted here in a few weeks! Been up and down and struggling a bit! Got back into the groove this week and lost 4.5lb!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Did really well in weight watcher last year! Lost the guts of 3 stone then I thought I could do it alone slowly the weight has been creeping back up! Was looking at my arse last night and I look like a hippopotamus. So I am starting back again tonight!

Have been eating like a pig since Iade the decision but i feel better when I am slim than when I am eating!

Wish me luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

hi all , get the RTE GUIDE weight watchers is in it with different menu,s for the week so all you bord with same food me might want to have a look. i usualy dont get rte guide but our ww leader in galway told uss about it.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Bearster

I had my WI on Tuesday and to my surprise I lost 2.5 pounds. Don't ask me how!! Anyway I went under my goal by half a pound and reached my target. I was delighted but surprised to find out that I had not become a goal member. How does this work ? If anyone can explain this to me I would really appreciate it. Best of luck to everyone this week. It is definitely easier when the weather is so nice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Sending this off my phone which I've never done before!

Just had a weigh and I was down 1lb. Now that isn't bad but SIX WEEKS ago my leader told me I needed to lose 1.5lbs more to get my third silver 7 and I'm still half a pound a way. I was an angel this week but I feel like I'll never get there. :(

Edit: I started WW in September and haven't even lost a stone and a half yet. I know not to impatient but I feel like I'm getting nowhere even though I'm trying hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

ergonomics wrote: »
    Sending this off my phone which I've never done before!

Just had a weigh and I was down 1lb. Now that isn't bad but SIX WEEKS ago my leader told me I needed to lose 1.5lbs more to get my third silver 7 and I'm still half a pound a way. I was an angel this week but I feel like I'll never get there. :(

Edit: I started WW in September and haven't even lost a stone and a half yet. I know not to impatient but I feel like I'm getting nowhere even though I'm trying hard.

I know EXACTLY what you mean - I joined start of January and have lost 11.5lbs in 13weeks (not even 1lb a week) - it has been seriously hard going and makes it very hard to stay motivated! The only thing that keeps me going is the thought that if i quit, I will never get to goal and will probably put back on all the weight I have lost, and all the blood, sweat and tears its taken to loose the 11.5 will have been a complete waste of time! Keep going!

Bearster wrote: »
    I had my WI on Tuesday and to my surprise I lost 2.5 pounds. Don't ask me how!! Anyway I went under my goal by half a pound and reached my target. I was delighted but surprised to find out that I had not become a goal member. How does this work ? If anyone can explain this to me I would really appreciate it. Best of luck to everyone this week. It is definitely easier when the weather is so nice :D

Well done!
    Not a gold member unfortunately but as far as I am aware you need to follow the maintenance plan for 3 weeks before you get gold card....really surprised your leader didnt explain this to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

\0/

down 4 pounds this week

didnt stick too rigidly to points this week but i did 4 hour long walks on beach so i guess that helped

overall loss now 4st 1 lb

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

I put on 3 pounds this week! After losing 4 last week...:eek: I know I did some serious serious damage at the weekend and lesson learned.

I'm eating a yummy stirfry now and I'm going to be really good this week because I want to be happy sitting at the WW meeting and not on the verge of tears.

dolliemix wrote: »
    I put on 3 pounds this week! After losing 4 last week...:eek: I know I did some serious serious damage at the weekend and lesson learned.

I'm eating a yummy stirfry now and I'm going to be really good this week because I want to be happy sitting at the WW meeting and not on the verge of tears.

this happens from time to time

the way to look at it is this:

you can lose this weight again in 1-2 weeks
    you know why you gained weight (you said you did damage at the weekend...theres nothing more frustrating than thinking you had a good week and then gaining weight, thats really disheartening)

good luck this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

sam34 wrote: »
    this happens from time to time

the way to look at it is this:

you can lose this weight again in 1-2 weeks
    you know why you gained weight (you said you did damage at the weekend...theres nothing more frustrating than thinking you had a good week and then gaining weight, thats really disheartening)

good luck this week!

Thanks Sam! I needed someone to tell me that:)

I know I deserved it but sometimes it kills me that this weight thing is just so hard for some people and easy for others. Also some of my friends posted pics of the weekend on facebook and while I feel great at the moment after losing a stone and building up my fitness - the photos are telling me that I still have a good bit to go :( I guess it was just a bad week. I'm the only one who can make next week better by making the right decisions. I'll just take each day and each moment at a time.

Well done on your weight loss, overall, and this week. (I'm inspired and I think I'll head for an hour long walk now! :D) Keep it up!

thanks dollie

yep, life isnt fair :mad:

a friend of mine eats pure rubbish - takeaways at least twice a week, (chinese and chipper), beer every fri night and she has crisps or chocolate with lunch every day... and she's a size 10! she doesnt do any proper exercise, but she has small kids so runs around after them all day

i've been doing ww for over a year now, and for the first few months it was losses every week

then it became a gain every third or fourth week, and i've kinda stayed that way. but i look at the overall picture. i'm over 4 stone lighter than i was at teh end of 2008. i'm fitter, healthier, have a normal blood pressure an dcholesterol, my BMI has dropped and i have oodles more energy. a blip on the radar every so often is only a minor thing in the big scheme of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Millieboo wrote: »
    I know EXACTLY what you mean - I joined start of January and have lost 11.5lbs in 13weeks (not even 1lb a week) - it has been seriously hard going and makes it very hard to stay motivated! The only thing that keeps me going is the thought that if i quit, I will never get to goal and will probably put back on all the weight I have lost, and all the blood, sweat and tears its taken to loose the 11.5 will have been a complete waste of time! Keep going!

Thanks Milleboo. It's nice to know I'm not the only one feeling like this. The thing that gets to me is that I could eat crap between now and Sunday and then try and be good Monday and Tuesday and I'd still be down 1lb. I know because I've done it many a time!

Looking at your ticker I notice that, like me, you don't have as much weight to lose as other people. Maybe that's why it's slow for us? It makes sense in my head but I'm not sure why.

• Advertisement

At least you have Mon & Tues to pull it back, my meeting is on a Mon and the weekend is always the black spot of the week!

We'll get there - slow and steady wins the race and all that ha!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

I think i lost a pound this week,
    1st 9 lbs lost if i did :D

also is it okay to ask everyone what their goal weights are?
    Is it just to be below the bmi of 25 or be in 22-23 region or 20-21 region?

i'm having a hard time deciding on a definite goal weight.

Hyperbaby - I took the goal weight WW gave me initially and am working to that, assume its calculated based on height and getting me in healthy weight/bmi range.
    However i know that this wont be my personal goal as I have been 10st 8.5lbs (ww goal) before and I know that I am still not comfortable at that weight, but I am going to worry about that when I get there, dont have a specific weight in mind, would rather just keep loosing until I feel comfortable in my body and its maintainable.

Want to reach ww goal to be gold member and get to classes for free (I am a poor student) lol (still 10lbs to go)

Oh and congrats on your loss thus far - well done

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭cowhands

sam34 wrote: »
    \0/

down 4 pounds this week

didnt stick too rigidly to points this week but i did 4 hour long walks on beach so i guess that helped

overall loss now 4st 1 lb

Oh well done an amazing loss!!! Fair play to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭cowhands

Down 1lb this week. Did alot of walking so was hoping for more but also ate a fair bit of s h it e so not displeased either.

Will try harder next week for a bigger loss

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭cat_rant

down 0.5 of a pound this week... Had a bad weekend of beer, fry and pastry. I worked hard on Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday but I knew it would be damage control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭StandardAngel

Third weigh in this morning, lost 3 lbs and got my first silver 7 and my 5% sticker! Delighted :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Hi Guys

Had my WI this morning and was down 2lbs, thrilled as I was STS and down .5lb and up .5lb so im delighted and it has spurred me on for next week only .5lb and I get my 1st stone cant wait :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

Millieboo wrote: »
    Hyperbaby - I took the goal weight WW gave me initially and am working to that, assume its calculated based on height and getting me in healthy weight/bmi range.
    However i know that this wont be my personal goal as I have been 10st 8.5lbs (ww goal) before and I know that I am still not comfortable at that weight, but I am going to worry about that when I get there, dont have a specific weight in mind, would rather just keep loosing until I feel comfortable in my body and its maintainable.

Want to reach ww goal to be gold member and get to classes for free (I am a poor student) lol (still 10lbs to go)

Oh and congrats on your loss thus far - well done

i was never given a goal weight any of the times i went to ww.
    i think i will try to lose another stone and then i will be 10st5lbs and at a bmi of 22.4. this stone will be extremely hard to shift though.

10lbs to go, that's great, good one!
    i didn't go this time to ww because i couldn't really afford to b spending 10 euro a week so i went solo but i'm using all the books from the last time i joined.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fatewatchers

Hi folks,

Just in from WI. After not going last week, I threw myself back into pointing and exercise this week. It paid off - I was down 6lbs!

So... in total I am down 52.5lbs (3 st 10.5lbs!) and I got my much feted 50lbs certificate tonight :)

Delighted... only another 5 stone to go, lol!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement