Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 supersiren

Hi all..have only posted a couple of times here..its great to see everyone doin so well and the weight losses are amazing..great inspiration:) Fatewatchers fair play to ya your doin brillant:D

Anyways got my home pack on tuesday and have been sticking to my points since then though still gettin the hang of it. Can anyone tell me how the activity points work??ive been walking every day not sure of the distance yet ordered my pedometer yesterday but its walking at a fast pace for a good hour..my body is paining in places i didnt know existed:eek:ive calculated my activity points at 3 per walk..do i have to use these during the week??i find it difficult enough to eat all the points as it is. another thing is I know that the whole point of weight watchers is to lose weight but my main aim is to fit back into my size 12 clothes im a good 14 now:mad: i dont really care so much about the weight as i tend to judge myself by my clothes..is this the wrong way to go about it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 newtorunning

Fatewatcher, your such an inspiration! congrats.

anyone any ideas for lunch, i take salad or pasta with stir in sauces.
    any alternatives to stir in sauces for pasta or rice? what herbs work???

Hi, are you saving your bonus activity points to use later or just working out how much you earn??

Hi, are you saving your bonus activity points to use later or just working out how much you earn??

Hi..I was just working out how much i earned and was wondering if ya definitely had to use them up in the week?? for example for the 3 activity points i earned today do i need to eat 3 more points today or tomorrow to make it up?? still gettin my head around ww..hopefully it will get easier:)

supersiren wrote: »
    Hi..I was just working out how much i earned and was wondering if ya definitely had to use them up in the week?? for example for the 3 activity points i earned today do i need to eat 3 more points today or tomorrow to make it up?? still gettin my head around ww..hopefully it will get easier:)

No, you don't have to use them. it's a bonus if you stick to your daily points, exercise and don't use the points. But if for example you had 20 points per day and went over by 2 but had bonus activity points of 3 then you'd still be up 1. But it's not recommended to exercise purely to save them to eat more if you get me? I'd really only use mine if i had a special occasion at the weekend and wanted to have a few points spare other than that i dont count mine but each to their own. Hope i've made sense??;)

• Advertisement

No, you don't have to use them. it's a bonus if you stick to your daily points, exercise and don't use the points. But if for example you had 20 points per day and went over by 2 but had bonus activity points of 3 then you'd still be up 1. But it's not recommended to exercise purely to save them to eat more if you get me? I'd really only use mine if i had a special occasion at the weekend and wanted to have a few points spare other than that i dont count mine but each to their own. Hope i've made sense??;)

Thanks so much for that..it made sense:p Im not wanting to use them as im exercising to get fitter not so i can eat more..i eat enough as it is:D but its clear to me now thanks..good luck:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Weight loss so far: (I’m 5’7)
    Starting weight: 13 stone 1 pound
    Week 1- 12 stone 11.5 - pound (loss of 3.5 pound)
    Week 2- 12 stone 11.5 pound (no change)
    Week 3- 12 stone 8 pound (total loss 7 ib)
    Week 4- 12 stone 8 pound (no change)
    Week 5- 12 stone 5 pound (total loss 10 pound)
    Week 6- 12 stone 2.5 pound (total loss 12.5 pound)
    Week 7- 12 stone 2.5 pound (no change- still 12.5 pound loss)
    Week 8- 12 stone 2 pound (total loss 13 pound- that next silver 7 is feeling impossible to get)
    Week 9- 11 stone 12.5 pound (total loss of 16.5 pound) I am now the proud owner of a little stone, a second silver 7 and a lot of baggy clothes!
    Week 10- 11 stone 10 pound (total loss 19 pound)
    Week 11- 11 stone 10.5 pound (up half a pound- fecking yummy easter egg goodness)
    Week 12- 11 stone 9.5 pound- down one- feeling decidedly meh about it for some reason. Im not seeing that much of a difference in myself lately- I want to start to see my tummy shrinking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 bettydavis

Hi folks,

Just in from WI. After not going last week, I threw myself back into pointing and exercise this week. It paid off - I was down 6lbs!

So... in total I am down 52.5lbs (3 st 10.5lbs!) and I got my much feted 50lbs certificate tonight :)

Delighted... only another 5 stone to go, lol!!!
    That is brilliant well done!How long did it take you to get your 50lb certificate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 bettydavis

I'm just back from WW and I'm down 3 lb .... delighted and now feeling more motivated for next weeks weigh in:) didn't do any exercise this week I was keeping it until after the first weigh in, gonna try and get up early in the morning and get a walk in before I go to work.

Jwacqui I watched your u tube videos and found them so inspiring cos when I weighed in last week at 16 st 7lb I doubted if I could lose the 6 stone I needed to lose........ but your transformation is fab and when I saw your before and after photos it spurred me and changed my thinking to well if you could do it then there was no reason why I couldn't do it too..... so a huge thank you:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fatewatchers

bettydavis wrote: »
    That is brilliant well done!How long did it take you to get your 50lb certificate?

Hiya,

I started WW on January 14th of this year, tonight my total weight loss is 52.5lbs, so it's taken 3 months and 1 day :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 time_for_action

Had my 2nd WI last nite and was down 2.5lbs... very happy. all i have done is cut out chocolate big time and stuck to my points + i do a little walk every evening. hopefully next week il be getting my 1st silver 7. weekends are my worst so im going to tackle that this weekend and see does it make more of a difference. well done to all this week. this forum really is a huge help...Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭cowhands

Hi folks,

Just in from WI. After not going last week, I threw myself back into pointing and exercise this week. It paid off - I was down 6lbs!

So... in total I am down 52.5lbs (3 st 10.5lbs!) and I got my much feted 50lbs certificate tonight :)

6lbs :eek: thats amazing!!!! Well done to you! Thats nearly half a stone in a week!! Jeez that would take me two months to loose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Mother Teresa

Morning all,
    I was loggin on for a whinge, but the fantastic results this week have given me a huge boost!
    Well done everyone, but in particular, Thumpette and Fatewatchers you are both doing SO WELL! Its really inspiring to see how far you've come! I'm delighted for you both!
    Everyone else seems to be plugging away and doing great too!
    I'd been having a good week, but succumed to the flu yesterday and I'm finding it really hard to stick to my points cos i just want to comfort eat, that and i'm struggling with a college paper :rolleyes:
    So I just want to say thanks for all the postivity in here, because reading the posts made me realise, that I'll feel even SORRIER for myself if I'm up becuase of silly bordem picking.
    I'm gonna raid the presses and plan healthy meals for the next day or 2. Its not like I can taste anything anyway so I might aswell make good choices :pac:
    Best wishes to everyone for a good weekend! And thanks again for all the inspiring posts!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Hi folks,

That is brilliant. You must be such an inspiration for everyone else in your class. Have you any tips for the rest of us? :D
    Thumpette wrote: »
    Weight loss so far: (I’m 5’7)
    Starting weight: 13 stone 1 pound
    Week 1- 12 stone 11.5 - pound (loss of 3.5 pound)
    Week 2- 12 stone 11.5 pound (no change)
    Week 3- 12 stone 8 pound (total loss 7 ib)
    Week 4- 12 stone 8 pound (no change)
    Week 5- 12 stone 5 pound (total loss 10 pound)
    Week 6- 12 stone 2.5 pound (total loss 12.5 pound)
    Week 7- 12 stone 2.5 pound (no change- still 12.5 pound loss)
    Week 8- 12 stone 2 pound (total loss 13 pound- that next silver 7 is feeling impossible to get)
    Week 9- 11 stone 12.5 pound (total loss of 16.5 pound) I am now the proud owner of a little stone, a second silver 7 and a lot of baggy clothes!
    Week 10- 11 stone 10 pound (total loss 19 pound)
    Week 11- 11 stone 10.5 pound (up half a pound- fecking yummy easter egg goodness)
    Week 12- 11 stone 9.5 pound- down one- feeling decidedly meh about it for some reason. Im not seeing that much of a difference in myself lately- I want to start to see my tummy shrinking!

I've broken my weight loss journey into little goals and my list of goals looks like your list of achievements so far!!!! Well done. In 1.5 pounds you'll have your 3rd Silver Seven. In 2.5 pounds you're going to be 11 and a half stone!! And then you're very near 11, which is nearly in the 10s :eek: Keep it up cause it will be worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

wow!every one is doin soo well! i re-started early jan,im only down 5.5lbs,so who am i kiddin? i was up .5 thurs nite!!!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

dolliemix wrote: »

I've broken my weight loss journey into little goals and my list of goals looks like your list of achievements so far!!!! Well done. In 1.5 pounds you'll have your 3rd Silver Seven. In 2.5 pounds you're going to be 11 and a half stone!! And then you're very near 11, which is nearly in the 10s :eek: Keep it up cause it will be worth it!

Thanks Dolliemix! Boards is the best for a nice word when you need it most! Good luck with your journey! Its not that bad- just feels a bit uphill at times!:D

hollyhock wrote: »
    wow!every one is doin soo well! i re-started early jan,im only down 5.5lbs,so who am i kiddin? i was up .5 thurs nite!!!!!!:mad:

Why don't you start a food diary or up your activity levels? I gained this week as well. Its so annoying. I felt like ww were robbing me of 10 euros!! :D lol! But I started a food diary on Thursday and even in those two days I've realised that old habits were creeping back in. Tracking is so important for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

This is a stupidly crazy question but for the first time ever I am going to point my drinking for the night. I have the calories of what I drink but not the saturated fat. Is there sat fat in alcohol? Would anyone know how many points in a standard measure of Malibu?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

ergonomics wrote: »
    Is there sat fat in alcohol? Would anyone know how many points in a standard measure of Malibu?
    There is no fat in pure alcohol, malibu is loaded with sugar so a pretty bad choice, it has no fat. Only creamy liquers like baileys would have sat fat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

This is a stupidly crazy question but for the first time ever I am going to point my drinking for the night. I have the calories of what I drink but not the saturated fat. Is there sat fat in alcohol? Would anyone know how many points in a standard measure of Malibu?

I got them to email me the information and it is 1point per measure!! :D
    Malibu and diet coke is my fave drink!!

• Advertisement

Jwacqui wrote: »
    I got them to email me the information and it is 1point per measure!! :D
    Malibu and diet coke is my fave drink!!

Yum, yum, yum! It's all I every drink so happy to know it's only 1 point! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It's all I every drink so happy to know it's only 1 point! :D
    That is high in points per unit alcohol though, i.e. it is only 21%, this means you need over 3 measures to equal a pint of say coors light. I know a girl who used to drink a full bottle or malibu and a good few other alcopops in a night, a full bottle is about 20 measures but is only about 6 pints worth of alcohol. If there was no sugar in malibu it would only be 0.5points per measure, so normal rum is about half the points (per unit alcohol)

Might only matter if you are a dipso like me though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Shinners13

Hi everyone, i havnt read all the posts since i was last on so im not up to date with how everyones getting on yet!!
    Well i had a bold easter and then flew to Portugal on the tuesday after easter for a week, flew home tuesday gone and went and got weighed on Wednesday and i was up 5.5 lbs. Not moaning about it though because in fairness it was expected!!
    So i am actually proud of me and the fact that i went and got weighed the day after i got home!!
    Been good so far this week and went for 3.5km walk on thursday too so im happy with myself. going to the gym in the morning for a workout too!!
    My cousin (and close friend) in england has asked me to be godmother for her baby which i am over the moon about but the christenening is on Sunday the 6th of June and i had planned on doing the mini marathon on Monday the 7th!!!! I had registered with them and the charity i planned on doing it for and everything already!!!!
    Dont know what to do now!! Will definitely be going to the christening and i know i wont be home for the marathon on the monday!
    Anyone got any suggestions at all?? I really was looking forward to doing the marathon and now im just annoyed that i had plucked up the courage to do it and then something important is on the same weekend!!!!
    I hope everyone is getting on well in their ww!!!!!

dolliemix wrote: »
    Why don't you start a food diary or up your activity levels? I gained this week as well. Its so annoying. I felt like ww were robbing me of 10 euros!! :D lol! But I started a food diary on Thursday and even in those two days I've realised that old habits were creeping back in. Tracking is so important for me.
    the sad bit is i usually track but am nearly always over! i lost 1.5 stone a few years ago but it and more is back on! im even worse since i heard i was up and ate all round me yesterday and today!will try from 2moro morn!7 weeks time goin to turkey and thought id have loads lost by now!!!!!:eek:

rubadub wrote: »
    That is high in points per unit alcohol though, i.e. it is only 21%, this means you need over 3 measures to equal a pint of say coors light. I know a girl who used to drink a full bottle or malibu and a good few other alcopops in a night, a full bottle is about 20 measures but is only about 6 pints worth of alcohol. If there was no sugar in malibu it would only be 0.5points per measure, so normal rum is about half the points (per unit alcohol)

i always seem to be down when im after havin a "lot" of alcohol! do u know whats in a measure of captain morgans(its a spiced rum)and ginger ale?lovely,mmm

the sad bit is i usually track but am nearly always over! i lost 1.5 stone a few years ago but it and more is back on! im even worse since i heard i was up and ate all round me yesterday and today!will try from 2moro morn!7 weeks time goin to turkey and thought id have loads lost by now!!!!!:eek:

I'm the same, only I'm back to weight watchers for the 4th time...each time I go back I'm heavier than my previous starting point. I'm hoping confessing all my sins on the internet will sort me out long term! :D

Oh and its so normal to eat everything around you when you gain. It's like a 'what's the point' binge. I've been there many times :o

Hopefully you'll be back on track tomorrow. Sometimes I can only take one day or moment at a time, when I'm finding it hard. It sort of like giving up smoking :D

Good Luck!

rubadub wrote: »

I'm allergic to beer and cider so can only drink spirits. Malibu is the only spirit I can get along with so I drink it out necessity more than anything else!!

Since I started in September I've lost less than a stone in a half. Sometimes it can be disheartening when you see how well other people are doing but I just keep plowing at it. My body is different to everyone else so I try not to compare to anyone else. I also try to look at gains as a reason for me to be more determined to lose weight even though it can make me feel like giving up.

Do you have a lot to lose (like 5 or 6 stone) or just a couple of stone? I find people with a little to lose lose it slower than someone who had loads to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭loveofliving

Hi Guys.

I haven't posted in days now. Mainly because I am probably a little bit in denial. I really have not been doing well. I haven't been atrocious but I have been giving in to all sorts of random temptations that I wasn't even thinking about before. Like yesterday I had 8 pieces of a family size Fruit and Nut Dairy Milk bar... Probably like 10 points, and y'know what? I felt sick after it! It was just boredom and something to distract me from the fact that I am NOT studying and absolutely should be. So, I am fessing up. This is it! I have been a sinner and Weight Watcher God please redeem me and allow me to move on. So, Last week I was good. I walked 5 days in a row, I drank 2 litres of water a day and I stuck to my points most days. Weigh in? up 3.5 pounds. WTF??? I was so upset about it :( I was feeling really good after all the walking and stuff and it made no sense. Leader said it might be because I never usually exercise and it'll shift by next week. I'm not so sure though. Although I was in my points I think I made poor food choices. So my WW week started on Thursday and its Sunday now and that's really where I am starting. Ok, so 5 full days till my Weigh In and I am working on shifting that 3.5 pound. So far I have walked every day so regardless of food that IS good. Today I am going for a pic nic/BBQ and I will get something healthy in m&s to bring and if we make burgers I won't have a bun or cheese. Things like that. And I am walking after I write this. I will aim to have 19 points a day from now till Thursday. I just want a loss. Badly. I know this is my time... I just know it.

So I just had/am having breakfast.

2 bread (2.5)
    butter (1)
    i egg in spray oil (1.5)
    Ballymaloe Relish (1)

so that was 5 points, but not the best choice. In future it's cereal in the mornings, and fruit. But it's done now and it's 5 points. So 14 left for the day. I can do this! Also definitely drinking 2 litres of water. I always drink nearly a litre on my walk/when I get in so it's not hard to guzzle another litre throughout the day. The BF is going home tonight so I will study for the evening. I HAVE to get an essay done, simple as! I need to just focus and know I CAN do this. Tomorrow is my last singing class with the kids, I'll miss them but it'll be fun because we're having a party. I won't have any sweets though. No way! Then Monday evening I am studying and doing another essay. then Monday it's college and meeting a friend after, then Wednesday I am at home writing yet another essay and Thursday it's college, library and WEIGH IN!!! So I have a busy few days but I know if I am organized enough, don't over-dose on the carbs and am honest with myself I WILL have a loss. Even though its only getting rid of what I put on, it's still in the right direction.

Wish me luck!!

• Advertisement

I also try to look at gains as a reason for me to be more determined to lose weight

That is brilliant! I'm going to try and remember that. It's like the 'I'll show em!" school of thought!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement