Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Hi Guys.

I haven't posted in days now. Mainly because I am probably a little bit in denial. I really have not been doing well. I haven't been atrocious but I have been giving in to all sorts of random temptations that I wasn't even thinking about before. Like yesterday I had 8 pieces of a family size Fruit and Nut Dairy Milk bar... Probably like 10 points, and y'know what? I felt sick after it! It was just boredom and something to distract me from the fact that I am NOT studying and absolutely should be. So, I am fessing up. This is it! I have been a sinner and Weight Watcher God please redeem me and allow me to move on. So, Last week I was good. I walked 5 days in a row, I drank 2 litres of water a day and I stuck to my points most days. Weigh in? up 3.5 pounds. WTF??? I was so upset about it :( I was feeling really good after all the walking and stuff and it made no sense. Leader said it might be because I never usually exercise and it'll shift by next week. I'm not so sure though. Although I was in my points I think I made poor food choices. So my WW week started on Thursday and its Sunday now and that's really where I am starting. Ok, so 5 full days till my Weigh In and I am working on shifting that 3.5 pound. So far I have walked every day so regardless of food that IS good. Today I am going for a pic nic/BBQ and I will get something healthy in m&s to bring and if we make burgers I won't have a bun or cheese. Things like that. And I am walking after I write this. I will aim to have 19 points a day from now till Thursday. I just want a loss. Badly. I know this is my time... I just know it.

So I just had/am having breakfast.

2 bread (2.5)
    butter (1)
    i egg in spray oil (1.5)
    Ballymaloe Relish (1)

so that was 5 points, but not the best choice. In future it's cereal in the mornings, and fruit. But it's done now and it's 5 points. So 14 left for the day. I can do this! Also definitely drinking 2 litres of water. I always drink nearly a litre on my walk/when I get in so it's not hard to guzzle another litre throughout the day. The BF is going home tonight so I will study for the evening. I HAVE to get an essay done, simple as! I need to just focus and know I CAN do this. Tomorrow is my last singing class with the kids, I'll miss them but it'll be fun because we're having a party. I won't have any sweets though. No way! Then Monday evening I am studying and doing another essay. then Monday it's college and meeting a friend after, then Wednesday I am at home writing yet another essay and Thursday it's college, library and WEIGH IN!!! So I have a busy few days but I know if I am organized enough, don't over-dose on the carbs and am honest with myself I WILL have a loss. Even though its only getting rid of what I put on, it's still in the right direction.

Wish me luck!!

Fair play to you!

You must have been so upset when you gained after being so good :o

Organising yourself in advance is the way to go though. So you're on the right track......Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

ergonomics wrote: »
    Since I started in September I've lost less than a stone in a half. Sometimes it can be disheartening when you see how well other people are doing but I just keep plowing at it. My body is different to everyone else so I try not to compare to anyone else. I also try to look at gains as a reason for me to be more determined to lose weight even though it can make me feel like giving up.

Do you have a lot to lose (like 5 or 6 stone) or just a couple of stone? I find people with a little to lose lose it slower than someone who had loads to lose.
    im 13.8 on ww scales so if i was true to myself prob about 3 stone,even 2sts would do me,i have a small face and neck so i look "dying" if im too scrawny!!!!!;)

forgot 2 ask,have you much to lose,ergonomics?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

hollyhock wrote: »
    forgot 2 ask,have you much to lose,ergonomics?

About 2/2.5 stone. My goal in WW is 10stone which would see me losing just over 3 stone but I think I'll be too thin at that weight so I'm just seeing how it goes at the moment.

About 2/2.5 stone. My goal in WW is 10stone which would see me losing just over 3 stone but I think I'll be too thin at that weight so I'm just seeing how it goes at the moment.
    how long has it taken you to lose 22lbs?well done!

• Advertisement

hollyhock wrote: »
    how long has it taken you to lose 22lbs?well done!

8 months! So it's been very slow going and at times I wanted to give up because it was so slow but even if I'm losing .5lb a week or staying the same, it's better than going up every week as I was doing before WW!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Hi Guys,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, was just wondering if any of ye have tried those vibroplate things?

I am not looking for them to replace diet and excercise, I am currently doing couch to 5k and also swimming, but I would love a bit of a boost particularly in toning....

My sister did this before and found it great. Would anyone here recommend it- it sounds a bit physically sickening!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

Hey all, have my WI this evening and I know I will be up, haven't been for 2 weeks (bank holiday and then skipped last week). Its so disheartening knowing before I even get there I'll be up!
    I really want to have good week this week though, get back in control and start exercising. My exams start next Monday and I am at home all day everyday studying so I can almost hear the fridge calling my name!!!!!
    Need to get on top of things though because I was working it out and I have lost 1lb in the last 6 weeks between ups and downs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 time_for_action

Thumpette wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, was just wondering if any of ye have tried those vibroplate things?

I am not looking for them to replace diet and excercise, I am currently doing couch to 5k and also swimming, but I would love a bit of a boost particularly in toning....

My sister did this before and found it great. Would anyone here recommend it- it sounds a bit physically sickening!

hi thumpette

ya i rented them for a few weeks... not really worth it.. they give you a good shake alright... but i think you feel much better after a good walk or swim. didnt do much for toning. bit of a fad i think but then again it may work differently with others.

Millieboo wrote: »
    Hey all, have my WI this evening and I know I will be up, haven't been for 2 weeks (bank holiday and then skipped last week). Its so disheartening knowing before I even get there I'll be up!
    I really want to have good week this week though, get back in control and start exercising. My exams start next Monday and I am at home all day everyday studying so I can almost hear the fridge calling my name!!!!!
    Need to get on top of things though because I was working it out and I have lost 1lb in the last 6 weeks between ups and downs!

just start afresh this week.. forget about the previous weeks. it wont help you at all... im only in my 3rd week but i start every week as a brand new one.. point everything and use your food diary. id be lost without it....

• Advertisement

I have an absolutely thumping headache at the moment. Paraceteamol hasn't helped at all and now all I want is chocolate and a can of coke. I know it will make me feel better, it always does, but I don't have the points for it. I'm completely torn. I've been so good lately and I don't want to ruin it, but then one bar of chocolate and one can of coke won't completely ruin it. What to do, what to do?

I have an absolutely thumping headache at the moment. Paraceteamol hasn't helped at all and now all I want is chocolate and a can of coke. I know it will make me feel better, it always does, but I don't have the points for it. I'm completely torn. I've been so good lately and I don't want to ruin it, but then one bar of chocolate and one can of coke won't completely ruin it. What to do, what to do?

well if it was me. i would have it.. can of coke.. arra thats only 2pts.. and dont go mad on the chocolate. go for a walk after. :D

i was starvin there a few mins ago..my stomach thought my throat was cut so had to raid the drawer at work. had a 2 finger kit kat 2pts.. feel much better now..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

How about a curly warley or flake and a can and diet coke. I know diet coke is not the same but....:)

well if it was me. i would have it.. can of coke.. arra thats only 2pts.. and dont go mad on the chocolate. go for a walk after. :D

i was starvin there a few mins ago..my stomach thought my throat was cut so had to raid the drawer at work. had a 2 finger kit kat 2pts.. feel much better now..
    How about a curly warley or flake and a can and diet coke. I know diet coke is not the same but....:)

Thanks for the ideas. I had a feeling that as soon as I went to the shop and stuffed my face that someone would reply telling me it was a terrible idea so your posts are lovely in comparison!

I did go for Diet Coke in the end and a Moro which was 7.5 points. I knew I could get Malteasers or a Curly Wurly or something for less points but I just needed more chocolate than that. I have no idea why chocolate and coke makes me feel better but it is literally instantaneous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

are flakes (relatively) low in points - just wondering when u suggested it along with curly wurlys

**please let the answer be yes**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭StandardAngel

sam34 wrote: »
    are flakes (relatively) low in points - just wondering when u suggested it along with curly wurlys

**please let the answer be yes**

Think there is 4 points in a flake, but i could be wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Shinners13

god 4 points for a flake aint bad at all!!
    ergonomics how is the head ache now?? i hope its gone hun!!!
    how is everyone doing lately then?? i have had a good week so far i hope it pays of on Wednesday nights weigh-in!!
    i went for a 45 minute walk on thursday and did a workout in the gym tonight so am am happy with myself!! its more exercise than i normally do!!
    going to do a begin to step class tomorrow night now too its a 45 minute class i think it will be fun!!
    Hopefully it wont be too hard though!! im not fit at all!! id say i will be sore tomorrow from doing the weights in the gym too!!!
    going for a walk is a hundred times more fun than using the threadmill in the gym in my view i did a 3.5km walk on thursday and it flew by and i did 2km on threadmill tonight and it dragged by!!! so im not gonna use the gym for the threadmill anymore at least while weve got good weather sure its a waste to not be out in the good weather while we have it.
    hope everyones having a good week anyways!! chat to you all tomorrow!!! xx

Shinners13 wrote: »
    ergonomics how is the head ache now?? i hope its gone hun!!!

Much better now, thanks! It's mad, as soon as I eat the bar my headache is gone and I could literally have been crying with the pain before it. Not sure what it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Mother Teresa

Just checking in to report a half pound off. Its slow going, but sure its going in the right direction, and I haven't been killing myself.
    I'm going to try an up the ante this week with a bit of exercise and some extra discipline over the weekend. I'd really love to knock out a 1-2lb loss next week:pac: but overall, I'm 4.5 lbs lighter than I was a month ago, so it ain't all bad!
    best wishes to all weighing in this week!

Well went to WI last evening and was 3lbs up!!!! No way did I deserve that so was feeling pretty low after the meeting. However having slept on it I am so determined to get my fat ass back on track and have an amazing week....I will stick to points every day, save points for weekend, exercise at least once a day and drink my 2 litres of water everyday! Feeling really motivated, just hope to stay this way because I NEED a good loss next week.

• Advertisement

Well went to WI last evening and was 3lbs up!!!! No way did I deserve that so was feeling pretty low after the meeting. However having slept on it I am so determined to get my fat ass back on track and have an amazing week....I will stick to points every day, save points for weekend, exercise at least once a day and drink my 2 litres of water everyday! Feeling really motivated, just hope to stay this way because I NEED a good loss next week.

That was me last week! 3lbs as well and I felt crap after.( I was even crying :o). But I did exactly as you are doing, got right back on track, and I'm sort of looking forward to WI tomorrow cos I've been very good. It's only seven days. Good for you for looking at it that way :)

Thanks Dolliemix, great to hear someone else did the same and it stuck....best of luck with your WI, you'll have to come on and tell us how you got on (will motivate me even more I'm sure)

Thanks Dolliemix, great to hear someone else did the same and it stuck....best of luck with your WI, you'll have to come on and tell us how you got on (will motivate me even more I'm sure)

Oh God I hope so!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭howiya

Just starting today. Anyone able to tell me how many points are in a serving of ready brek?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

howiya wrote: »
    Just starting today. Anyone able to tell me how many points are in a serving of ready brek?
    Do you weigh how much you put in? you can look up the "recommended portion" online but the makers usually put ridiculously low portions on packets, not fit for a toddler. This is to make them appear low calorie, many people eat 2-3times the amount listed. Unless you get individual packs, but a decent weighing scales is a LOT cheaper in the long run.

The info will be on the packet, you can enter figures here. http://points.ogo.ms/

Thank god for Curly Wurlys, studying for exams and get major craving for chocolate in afternoons! Can anyone confirm that Curly is indeed the lowest point choclate based bar/treat (and I dont mean having couple squares of a bar - because that would never happen, I would most def polish the whole thing off, need to be able to eat whole thing in one sitting) :D

whenever i eat curly wurly's i laugh - remember marian keyes book "rachels holiday" where they were in an addiction treatment centre, and they used do a chocolate run daily. one of them used keep saying about curly wurlys and aeros that "i'm not feckin paying good money for a bar of holes" !!

makes me smile every time

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

well i buy ww chocolate mini rolls, they are only 2 points per roll, but a good bit smaller than a curly wurly.

just in from WW, down a pound

was hoping for a bit more tbh, but it's still a loss

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Shinners13

Hi everyone, well happy to report that 1 week back from my holidays and i have lost 7.5lbs which means i lost my easter and holiday weight (5.5lbs) and another 2 lbs to go with it woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sam34 well done on being down a pound and definitely remember you are down weight which is the most important bit doesnt matter how much!
    Mother Theresa well done on being down too!!!
    Millieboo if it went on that easily it will come off that easily just aim to have a good week and you will get the result you want at your next weigh-in.
    Ergonomics glad to hear the headaches gone its amazing what a bit of chocolate will do haha!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement