Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Shinners13 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, well happy to report that 1 week back from my holidays and i have lost 7.5lbs which means i lost my easter and holiday weight (5.5lbs) and another 2 lbs to go with it woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow thats great!

well done :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Shinners13

ah sam thanks very much hun!!
    hopefully i can keep it up now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

Thanks Shinners, only been 2 days but I'm being so good!
    Well done to you on that AMAZING loss.

Sam, do you know how many weeks there are where I would do anything to loose a pound! Well done you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Hi guys. After my disastrous 3lb gain last week, loads of encouragement on here from Sam34, and being good for the week .....I lost 4.5 lbs!!!:D

Thanks Sam34 for responding to my desperate posts this day last week! Look what you achieved! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

i lost 2 lbs if i am to believe my scales so now i'm down to 11st3lbs
    3lbs more to my second stone...
    come on!!!! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bernie00

i went back to ww last night and i'm up 5 pounds after 5 weeks uhhh so mad. started counting today find it so hard but i am determined. i am 11 stone and 5 pounds i was once a gold member at 9 and a half stone. now i just want to be 10 and a half stone. been back trying ww for the last 2 years and just hasnt worked for me but i am blaming my weighing scales at home. i weigh myself every day and if i was down 2 pounds after maybe 2 or 3 days i eat and eat and then it goes on and more so i have gotten rid of the scales and am just going to get weighed at ww every week hopefully that was my problem and ww will start working now for me properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Mother Teresa

Wow some fantasic results this week! Big well done to Shivers! And Dollimix, Sam and everyone else, great to see it going in the right direction!
    Bernie, I'm back like yerself, trying to get back to goal. Mainitaing can be so much harder than loosing. I think the thrill of being good and seeing a loss far outweighs the "blah" feeling of staying the same. Afterall, no one says, you look great, have you stayed the same weight!:pac:
    I'm in a cycle of loosing, mainitaining for a while, then lashing on a good 10lbs, and starting again. But I swear this time I'm going to stay at goal. I used to go every week for the meetings and it really keps me focused on watching the weight, but every now and then, I'd get out of the habit and the bad habits crept back in and then the weight went on.
    You've done it before so know it works and you can do it again! The board here is a great resource and motivation, so please use it! You'll be watching those scales go down in no time!
    Best wishes

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

dolliemix wrote: »
    Hi guys. After my disastrous 3lb gain last week, loads of encouragement on here from Sam34, and being good for the week .....I lost 4.5 lbs!!!:D

Thanks Sam34 for responding to my desperate posts this day last week! Look what you achieved! :)

Wow dolliemix, that motivates me even more to have good week, thats brilliant - well done you!

Congrats to everyone on excellent losses and well done to those getting back into it after gains!

Millieboo wrote: »
    Wow dolliemix, that motivates me even more to have good week, thats brilliant - well done you!

Ha! I was actually thinking of you when I got my result. It's just seven days and you're on Day 2/3 now so keep it going......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

dolliemix wrote: »

wow dolliemix, well done!!

all the gained weight lost, plus some more with it.

you must be delighted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭claireycork

Hi everyone,

Joined weight watchers a month ago at 23 stone, ive lost 11.5 pound so far, i lost 2 pounds the first week, 4.5 pounds the second and i was up a half pound the 3rd.

I really kicked myself over it but i new that it was because i hadnt being walking much so i started doing 10 mins walk around the block at lunch time 5 days aweek, and this week i was down 5 pounds! so 2.5 more pounds and im down a stone. Plus i got engaged the weekend so now its more motivation than ever :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭StandardAngel

Just back from WW, lost 0.5 lbs
    Was hoping for more but as long as i dont put on anything i will be happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

After 6 weeks of trying to get my 3rd silver 7, I finally did it! Not only that but I lost 2.5lbs; I only needed to lose 1lb to get the silver 7. Thrilled!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 bettydavis

Just back from weigh in I lost 3.5lb I'm so delighted considering I had a communion on Sunday & a leaving lunch on Monday that I didn't have very much control over what I ordered as it was a set thing.... but I did try to save points for both events and even though I over extended my points a little I just picked up and started again the next day:) I only need to lose .5lb next week to get my first sliver 7
    Shinners13 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, well happy to report that 1 week back from my holidays and i have lost 7.5lbs which means i lost my easter and holiday weight (5.5lbs) and another 2 lbs to go with it woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done Shinners13 7.5lbs thats great especially as the week after you come back from hols can be the damage week:)

Claireycork congrats on your engagement and your 5lb loss... might give the 10 minute round the block walk ago next week on lunch as I usually end up sitting there chatting for the hour... and sure that little walk could make all the difference !!!!

Well done to everyone else on their weight loss...your all so inspiring:):)

Thanks everyone for the well wishes i hope i do well next wednesday too!!!
    Betty Davis well done on the loss i dont think i would have that result if i had that much going on at the weekend!!!
    ergonomics woohoo well done good work!!! You must be thrilled! Keep it up now!
    Standard Angel a loss is still a loss and never forget it, you would be gutted if you were up! Well done!
    Claireycork congratulations on getting engaged!!! Your weight loss so far has been great so keep it up and you wont know yourself in a few months!
    Im like you as in i have alot to lose my starting weight was 22st 12.5lbs but i know that we can lose the weight on ww as i lost over 5 stone before in a year and put it all back on over the following 2 years as i didnt keep it up and went back to eating stupidly! So my one bit of advice for you is that no matter how bad a week you have make sure you get weighed and start again, its scarey how quickly the weeks can go by if you dont!!!
    Will you be setting a date for your wedding anytime soon do you think?
    Bernie you will have that gain gone in no time so dont be annoying yourself thinking about it. x
    Hyperbaby and dolliemix well done on your losses fair play to you both!!!! you must be thrilled with yourselves!!! xx

Thanks Bettydavis....! and congrats on your weightloss, you should defo try the 10 mins around the block, i was like you. loved my chat at lunch but the 10 mins a day made a big diffirence, and i used to be puffed the first week doing the walk, this week im not out of breathe at all, its mad how quickly you adapt to it :)

Thanks shinners for the tips, well done on all that weight loss, i really shouldnt kick myself too much after the gain :) fingers crossed for next week ladies.... i know we can do it :):)

we are setting the date for march 2012 as my younger sister is getting married july next year, and she has lost 8 stone with WW!!! so she is an inspiration :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fatewatchers

Hi everyone!

Had WI earlier but I am having such a busy week tis hard to get online much!

Well, I had 3lbs off this week, bringing my total to 3 stone 13.5lbs (half a pound shy of 4 stone!) in three months.

Was out for a chinese tonight (was good, had veg chow mein, no starter or dessert), I have a wedding tomorrow AND a wedding on Saturday.... WI next week may not be great! Am hoping just to have that half pound off to bring me up to 4 stone lost. Am going to exercise as much as I possibly can between now and WI next Thursday!

Congrats on all your losses, probably won't get online now til Sunday!

Hi everyone!

Had WI earlier but I am having such a busy week tis hard to get online much!

Well, I had 3lbs off this week, bringing my total to 3 stone 13.5lbs (half a pound shy of 4 stone!) in three months.

Was out for a chinese tonight (was good, had veg chow mein, no starter or dessert), I have a wedding tomorrow AND a wedding on Saturday.... WI next week may not be great! Am hoping just to have that half pound off to bring me up to 4 stone lost. Am going to exercise as much as I possibly can between now and WI next Thursday!

Congrats on all your losses, probably won't get online now til Sunday!

Well done. You're doing so well! You can lose a lot of points by dancing at the weddings! :D

Wow Claireycork well done to your sister thats a huge amount of weight to lose she must be so proud of herself!!!
    fatewatchers you are absolutely flying fair play to you!! !
    How are you losing so much? I mean just 4 stone in 3 months????????????????????????????? WOW!!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

i didn`t go on thurs as i was at punchestown races,haven`t had 2 good weeks now,i was only up .5lb last week but it knocks my head out if im up at all!any suggestions?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 bettydavis

hollyhock wrote: »
    i didn`t go on thurs as i was at punchestown races,haven`t had 2 good weeks now,i was only up .5lb last week but it knocks my head out if im up at all!any suggestions?:confused:

Why don't you try and find a class tomorrow that you could go to, maybe the quicker you get back to a class the quicker you will get your mojo back :)

I hope you backed a winner at the races!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭suziemcc

Hey all, i started back in ww 3 weeks ago i had been 2 yrs previous but didnt stick at it.... my first week i thought i had done great.. but when i went the scales said different.. i had stayed the same, but when my leader checked my tracker she said that i hadnt eating enough never taught tat was possible lol :o so then my second week was disaster as i had two dinner partys to arrange in my house.... and when i went to get weighted the 2nd week i was up 1 and 1/2 pounds.. i was not to disheartened as i'd expected this result and had enjoy the weekend.. an wat i told myself was that i went to the meeting and that was a big step becoz most people if they know they are going to be up they avoid the meeting all together but i faced the music and this week im determined to do it right and be down afew pounds, ive been walking alot, tracking well and making sure i eat my points and also i started a circuit training class so fingers crossed i do well on the scales on tuesday... im currently 11.5 an 1/2 and my goal weight is 10.3 so i dnt actually have to much to get down but i think it may be harder than havin a lot to loose..... x x x

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭catlovesmike

Hi all,

I need help! I am back on WW for the second time in 2 years, I did well last time, then felt fine to leave it and manage on my own. All was well, then I got married christmas just gone and have got far too comfortable eating big meals with the hubby and sitting on the couch! Now im back for my first week on WW and will be on scales on thursday. I am pretty good at the portion management, tracking etc, but my HUGE problem is I am a snacking animal! And as we know, snacking adds up!! I love anythinng salty, cheesy and crsipy so crisps are my ultimate downfall, and I have such a hard time saying no! I cant convince myself that an apple or some celery sticks are the same thing, so I need a healthy, WW friendly alternative, so I dont feel like Im missing out on the satisfaction i only get from cheesy type crisps! Help!!:rolleyes:

:)
    Hi all,

I need help! I am back on WW for the second time in 2 years, I did well last time, then felt fine to leave it and manage on my own. All was well, then I got married christmas just gone and have got far too comfortable eating big meals with the hubby and sitting on the couch! Now im back for my first week on WW and will be on scales on thursday. I am pretty good at the portion management, tracking etc, but my HUGE problem is I am a snacking animal! And as we know, snacking adds up!! I love anythinng salty, cheesy and crsipy so crisps are my ultimate downfall, and I have such a hard time saying no! I cant convince myself that an apple or some celery sticks are the same thing, so I need a healthy, WW friendly alternative, so I dont feel like Im missing out on the satisfaction i only get from cheesy type crisps! Help!!:rolleyes:

heya, welcome back im the same im just back after 2 yrs an on my 3rd week with weight in tomoro, im the same for crisps myself, my best option would be the tesco cheese curls they are only 1 pt per bag and they are like quavers but tesco brand which means they are cheaper and great value :):)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭catlovesmike

suziemcc wrote: »
    :)

heya, welcome back im the same im just back after 2 yrs an on my 3rd week with weight in tomoro, im the same for crisps myself, my best option would be the tesco cheese curls they are only 1 pt per bag and they are like quavers but tesco brand which means they are cheaper and great value :):)

Thanks! That sounds good to me will buy some! Good luck tomorrow! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Mother Teresa

Morning all!
    Welcome to all the new posters:)
    I second the Tesco cheesy curls, cheap, cheesy, and lots in a bag!
    Hope everyone is having a good week?
    Well my half arsed ways caught up with me, I've been cruising along with a half pound loss the last couple of weeks and this week I gained a 1lb. Not bad in the overall scheme of things, but a nice reminder that if I'm doing this then I should be doing it properly. So no more messing, the tracker is being used properly and I plan to see a good loss of 1.5-2lbs next week.
    Best of luck to everyone who's WI is today!

well done Fatwatchers!! thats great! and best of luck to the rest of you.. :)
    I was down 2.5 LBs this week, and i was good alweek bar a 5 course meal sunday night, but i opted for Melon rather that Vol au Von, and stayed clear of the soup as it contained lots of fatty cream. Asked for the sauce on the side in the main course and had icecream for dessert, i think the facted that i was half fluttered on champagne which i saved points for.. so all in all i was happy! :) had a nice takeaway last night to celebrate.. its my usual thing, always a takeaway after We Wa's once im down of course :)

well done Fatwatchers!! thats great! and best of luck to the rest of you.. :)
    I was down 2.5 LBs this week, and i was good alweek bar a 5 course meal sunday night, but i opted for Melon rather that Vol au Von, and stayed clear of the soup as it contained lots of fatty cream. Asked for the sauce on the side in the main course and had icecream for dessert, i think the facted that i was half fluttered on champagne which i saved points for.. so all in all i was happy! :) had a nice takeaway last night to celebrate.. its my usual thing, always a takeaway after We Wa's once im down of course :)

what would u reccommend to have in the chinese i weighted in today an im down so i want to have a nice chinese myself not sure wat to have doe :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 trisha e

went to ww for the first time today was absolutely horrified , 14.8 stone
    was totally in denial methinks , need to lose 3.5 stone so would like to join this thread
    fed up with having no clothes and looking 10 years older than 50
    so on a positive note going to sort out wardrobe instead of eating

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 softfella

hey!ive been in weight watchers for nearly 2months now and have lost 10pound, i was 10st6 to begin with and now im 9st10 which im delighted with but having less to lose than others makes it extremely hard.i want to lose another 7pounds so that shouldnt be too far off i hope!i love going to my meetings but i fear it at the same time haha. ive gone up a few weeks and ive gone down a few weeks and you really come to appreciate the weeks where u "only" lose half a pound as the week u put on is horrific.
    any body have any good ideas to help shift the last silver 7?:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement