Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Has anyone here tried to change their goal weight? I asked to change mine tonight and my leader said she'd change my goal when I reached the weight I wanted to change to. I know that's not a big deal but I can't understand why she can't change it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

dammit up 2.5 pounds

i was expecting a gain but not that much

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Thats crap Sam. I know that feeling! Try and take each day at a time starting tomorrow. Seven Days of good work and that extra weight will come off.

ergonomics wrote: »
    Has anyone here tried to change their goal weight? I asked to change mine tonight and my leader said she'd change my goal when I reached the weight I wanted to change to. I know that's not a big deal but I can't understand why she can't change it now.

I don't understand the whole goal weight thing. I've never got that far! But to be honest I think WW idea of goal weight is different to mine. I have noticed that when I weigh in every week the number 10.13 is on the right hand side. Is that their goal weight for me? Nobody has discussed goal weight with me. But I would be happy at anything between 11st and 11.7 (I still want to have boobs and curves etc! :D:D:D)

Surely after months of paying 10 euro a week and losing a good amount of weight you should be allowed leave it at something more realistic for yourself?

Did you want to change it up or down Ergo?

I got more good news today at weigh in. I'm down another 2,5. Thats 19 altogether and 31 to go. I'm not thinking of the 31 though....just one more pound and I'll have lost 10% of my body weight since I started at the beginning of March.

Just want to say THANKS to everyone on here. I really don't feel like I'm doing this on my own thanks to all you guys sharing your information/ gains/ losses...

dolliemix wrote: »
    Thats crap Sam. I know that feeling! Try and take each day at a time starting tomorrow. Seven Days of good work and that extra weight will come off.

thanks dollie

im just annoyed cause i didnt even enjoy the junk food i ate! it was classic comfort eating cause i had a crap few days at work and in personal life

it's not so bad gaining weight if you've actually had a nice meal and a few plenty drinks!

sam34 wrote: »
    thanks dollie

im just annoyed cause i didnt even enjoy the junk food i ate! it was classic comfort eating cause i had a crap few days at work and in personal life

it's not so bad gaining weight if you've actually had a nice meal and a few plenty drinks!

I know...:(. Drink loads of water and flush it all out. I think that junk food does come off immediately if you sort it out asap so it will only be a short term gain! :D

Hope you're feeling better. Stress makes me make bad food choices as well! Guess thats why we're all here in the first place! A walk is always a good start....When I gained three weeks ago and you consoled me, I went out for a walk immediately that evening. THe next morning pyschologically I felt like I'd already started tackling it so it seemed easier to keep going, cos I didn't want to waste the walk, as such!!!

Not sure if that makes sense! :)

• Advertisement

thanks

it does make sense

*off i go for a walk!

I don't understand the whole goal weight thing. I've never got that far! But to be honest I think WW idea of goal weight is different to mine. I have noticed that when I weigh in every week the number 10.13 is on the right hand side. Is that their goal weight for me? Nobody has discussed goal weight with me. But I would be happy at anything between 11st and 11.7 (I still want to have boobs and curves etc! :D:D:D)

Surely after months of paying 10 euro a week and losing a good amount of weight you should be allowed leave it at something more realistic for yourself?

Did you want to change it up or down Ergo?

When you go to WW the goal is on the bottom left of the screen.

I want to change it up. They have it at 10 stone even and I'm 11.7 at the moment. I want to go to 10.10 which will see me lose a total of 2.5 stone from the start. I just think 10 stone is a bit too low for me. They've also got my height wrong by an inch which makes a big difference for BMI.

I don't like the leader I'm currently going to. She never gives out silver 7's or anything to commemorate 5% and 10% goals and I had to ask for my stone when I first got that. Also when a new member signs up she won't give them their card until next week and if someone signs up who did it before she refuses to give them a card in case "they have it at home". These are minor things but it just annoys me. I wish she'd do things properly. I've found a different class to go to anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bernie00

hi all
    after been up 5 pounds last week i made some changes got rid of my weighing scales that i used to weigh myself every day on so i could be down 3 pounds afer 3 days counting points and then id say i can eat rubbish today and tomorrow and then by the time ww meeting would come id be only down a half a pound or up so now i am just weighing in every week at ww.

i also made a change at breakfast i cut back on cereal instead i have scrambled egg made with 1 large egg and just the white of 3 eggs and a bagel or toast you dont feel full after eating but you dont feel hungry for longer than when i would eat cereal or even porraige.

and i was down 2.5 pounds this week and still managed to drink on sat night and eat a supermacs but i did count every other day and exercise but really didnt think id be down that much.

hopefully it wasnt just luck this week and that this will continue to work for me as the last year has been such a struggle to lose weight i just want to get rid of 10 pounds more and i would be so happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 time_for_action

morning all... i havent been here in a while- lack of internet access and i have to say i missed it.. seeing new posts here every day lifted my spirits and kept me focused. my last weight in i was a half pound down. not great but at least its going in the right direction. 4th weigh in is tonight. ive been pretty good but i dont feel ive lost anything but we'll wait and see. still plenty of time til my goal date in Aug for bridemaid duties :)

week 1 : -4lb
    Week 2 : - 2.5lb
    Week 3 : -1/2lb
    Week 4 : :confused:

by the way.. well done to all in the last 2 weeks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭StandardAngel

Down another pound this week :D had a good week but a bad weekend so wasnt expecting to lose anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Hi Guys

Havent been on here for a few days, well done all the losers keep up the good work, everyone who has gained put it behind u and keep going!!

Well went to WI this morning and was down .5lb and got my first stone
    WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:D:D:D:D
    I am so thrilled - it has been such a long time coming taught Id never get there, I nearly kissed the leader!

It has given me such a boost to keep going now!!

Well done everyone!

I was down 2.5 lbs and I was almost bursting with happiness coming home from weigh in! THe weight is flying off me since I've started putting the miles in with my running. It really keeps you motivated when you lose.

Hope weigh in went well Time for Action!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

:mad:
    Well done everyone!

I was down 2.5 lbs and I was almost bursting with happiness coming home from weigh in! THe weight is flying off me since I've started putting the miles in with my running. It really keeps you motivated when you lose.

Hope weigh in went well Time for Action!
    well done to all! i can say i wasn`t bursting with happiness,i was up 3lbs this eve!!!!!! id say i nearly put it all on 2day i ate so much!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 bettydavis

Well done everyone:)

JoJoc123 congrats on your getting your first stone

I lost 0.5lb this week I was hoping for maybe a pound so I could get into the 15 stones. but that will have to be next week...but all the same I'm delighted as I'm down 7lb and got my first sliver seven.

Think I need to kick in the exercise now and aim for my next sliver seven!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fatewatchers

Hi everyone,

Didn't go to WI tonight, have been sick all week and have a lot of "drama" going on in the real world. Am uberstressed out so decided a WI where I'm probably going to be up (last weekend was a hen night Thursday, a wedding all day Friday, and a wedding all day Saturday, oh and TOTM is due more or less now! Bloat central) is the last thing I need. I have the usual, pre-menstrual insatiable appetite and I've been eating like a lunatic all week. Starting tomorrow I am doing a fast start week just to give myself a kickstart.

Hope ye all have a good week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Up a pound yesterday- In fairness though it was deserved! New leaf today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 time_for_action

a bit upset with myself this week... a messly 1/2lb down. i know.. its still going down but talk about dragging it out... so i decided im gona make a serious effort this week. no bread, keeping track in my diary and a bit more swing in my arms walking. and as a punishment- no drinking this weekend. so heres to a good week everyone. however i do feel a little extra room in my trousers. and to keep me motivated ive put a box in my room to put clothes that are too big into. il see it everyday so it'l keep me focused. so far i have 1 pair of trousers in it:D

week 1 : -4lb
    Week 2 : - 2.5lb
    Week 3 : -1/2lb
    Week 4 : -1/2lb
    Week 5 : ???

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Hi all,

I just joined this week and we were not given the tool to calculate the points earned through activity yet. I'm allowed 20 points a day, but I exercise on most days so I think I should be including this?

Current weight is 11st 9lb
    and I'd like to know what 1 hour of Taewkondo earns (lvl 3 activity)
    and what a walk for one hour earns (Level 1)

Thanks all
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭PinkBottle

Hey guys, was down 5.5pounds last week and was thrilled! To be fair though, I had been very ill that week and didn't eat for 2 days and the like! Went up .5 this week which I found acceptable given I had got my body back in order.
    I have got so lazy lately I haven't been counting my points, been guessing them and it kinda defeats the purpose of WW!
    But I have got the kick up my backside that I need to movitate myself into getting back on track...
    One question though; Smoothies -- are they good or bad for you? Points wise, I have no idea and I really want to know! They seem to be my weakness at the moment!
    x

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

PinkBottle wrote: »
    Hey guys, was down 5.5pounds last week and was thrilled! To be fair though, I had been very ill that week and didn't eat for 2 days and the like! Went up .5 this week which I found acceptable given I had got my body back in order.
    I have got so lazy lately I haven't been counting my points, been guessing them and it kinda defeats the purpose of WW!
    But I have got the kick up my backside that I need to movitate myself into getting back on track...
    One question though; Smoothies -- are they good or bad for you? Points wise, I have no idea and I really want to know! They seem to be my weakness at the moment!
    x

I'm no WW expert :Dbut having worked in a smoothie bar I know a thing or two about them. It all depends on what is put into them. If you are making them at home, then you can control the ingredients and point them as you go. Beware of the smoothie bars though - some of these guys use frozen yoghurt or sorbet as a main ingredient....which can be full of sugar. They will still call it 'low fat' which it can be but watch that sugar content!!
    Make your own at home if you have a blender - you dont need frozen yoghurt or sorbet to make it nice and thick; it's the ice that does that. So here's an idea...
    Half a banana
    Small scoop of crunchy cereal
    Little honey
    Low fat milk
    Lots of ice
    whizzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Breakfast smoothie!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Eimhearwwl

poconnor16 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I just joined this week and we were not given the tool to calculate the points earned through activity yet. I'm allowed 20 points a day, but I exercise on most days so I think I should be including this?

Current weight is 11st 9lb
    and I'd like to know what 1 hour of Taewkondo earns (lvl 3 activity)
    and what a walk for one hour earns (Level 1)

Thanks all
    :)

You will get a points booster on week 3, you have to walk 5,000 steps approx to get into healthy and then every 1,500 after that will earn you a half point. I'm not sure what 1 hour of Taewkondo earns but 1 hour of jive dancing is about 1.5

Eimhearwwl wrote: »
    You will get a points booster on week 3, you have to walk 5,000 steps approx to get into healthy and then every 1,500 after that will earn you a half point. I'm not sure what 1 hour of Taewkondo earns but 1 hour of jive dancing is about 1.5

Are you meant to get that in week3? I am now in week 6 and still haven't recieved it, should I ask?

poconnor16 wrote: »
    I'm no WW expert :Dbut having worked in a smoothie bar I know a thing or two about them. It all depends on what is put into them. If you are making them at home, then you can control the ingredients and point them as you go. Beware of the smoothie bars though - some of these guys use frozen yoghurt or sorbet as a main ingredient....which can be full of sugar. They will still call it 'low fat' which it can be but watch that sugar content!!
    Make your own at home if you have a blender - you dont need frozen yoghurt or sorbet to make it nice and thick; it's the ice that does that. So here's an idea...
    Half a banana
    Small scoop of crunchy cereal
    Little honey
    Low fat milk
    Lots of ice
    whizzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Breakfast smoothie!! ;)

Thanks a million! I'm looking forward to making one already! I have ice freezing right now! :)
    x

Well I'm going to be really bold today. I have had the weirdest craving for the last couple of weeks. It's not for food but for a day with no points. A day where I can eat whatever I want, be that healthy or crap food! I've tried to ignore it but I'm constantly hungry at the moment and I'm afraid if I keep ignoring it I'll snap and go on a mad binge! So today I am taking a day with no points and I am going to eat what I want when I want. Just for today though!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Are you meant to get that in week3? I am now in week 6 and still haven't recieved it, should I ask?

I think a points booster is an old term for it.
    On week 3 you should have got a book that says "exercise" and a calculator thing to convert exercise to activity points.
    If you did not receive this change class 'cos thats shocking a leader can get away with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DULLAHAN2

I am not in weight watchers but have done it before and have loosely based my current diet on it. i started in jan weighing 16 stone and lost a stone and a half by end of feb then got sick for march and was injured for april i stoped the diet and ate round me two weeks ago i went back onto my diet and hitting the gym. i weighed myself today and now am down 2 stone for the year I would have taught that i would have been up half a stone at least.

But looking back on the last 2 months i always had a breakfast always had a small snack between meals my dinnear options wouldnt have been the best alot of takeouts but i stopped eating when i felt full. So i am delighted now, it has been a struggle the last couple of months but i am back now and going to lose another 2 stone before the year is out.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 therambling

Hey guys wanted some opinions on something... do any of you think that WHAT you spend your points on is important? Since starting weight watchers just over a month ago I've lost a stone so far but I eat far too much bread for one person. I've cut it down to at most 4 slices per day (from sometimes having 8+ :O I know how awful that is :P) and I always calculate it into my points? Would it be better for weight loss to give it up altogether? I have a very high carb diet but they seem to be the only things that I like to eat!!

foundry wrote: »
    I think a points booster is an old term for it.
    On week 3 you should have got a book that says "exercise" and a calculator thing to convert exercise to activity points.
    If you did not receive this change class 'cos thats shocking a leader can get away with that.
    Ya I haven't recieved it at all, but our leader isn't that good, and we are actually going to try change to a different leader next week. But nope, I haven't got it at all, didn't actually know I was meant to get it until I read a comment further up. Thanks though. : )

Ya I haven't recieved it at all, but our leader isn't that good, and we are actually going to try change to a different leader next week. But nope, I haven't got it at all, didn't actually know I was meant to get it until I read a comment further up. Thanks though. : )

On week one you should get a blue or green file, a blue smart card and a tracker, on wk 2 a book called Beat Hunger all about filling foods, wk 3 is a book called Energise about exercise and a points booster to help you work out points earned from exercise, wk 4 is Eating out and about and wk 5 is Max your Motivation, you should get a 5% sticker when you've lost 5% of your body weight and a 10% sticker and a book when 10% has been lost. Of course don't forget about the silver 7s and stones when you lose 1/2 a stone and a stone. When you are within 5 lbs of goal you should receive a book called The Last Few Pounds to help you hit goal and then when you get to goal there are three Maintenance books , 1 for each week of maintenance. Your leader should then take your blue card and replace it with a gold one. If you are missing any of these just ask your leader.

• Advertisement

Hey guys wanted some opinions on something... do any of you think that WHAT you spend your points on is important? Since starting weight watchers just over a month ago I've lost a stone so far but I eat far too much bread for one person. I've cut it down to at most 4 slices per day (from sometimes having 8+ :O I know how awful that is :P) and I always calculate it into my points? Would it be better for weight loss to give it up altogether? I have a very high carb diet but they seem to be the only things that I like to eat!!

I would look at upping your protein and try to eat better carbs than bread, brown rice is fab, I cook a load and then make tasty salads and hot dishes with it by adding herbs, spices Proteins and veggies, unlimited ideas available, my Fave at the moment is roasted peppers and red onions and a bit of cajun spice

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement