Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

hey just wondering where i could get a food weighing scales, i live near liffey valley but i don't know where i could find one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fatewatchers

Hi folks,

Am tormented here. I promised my 4 yr old girl some time back that if we had a rainy day we would bake chocolate brownies. Well, that day arrived today and the smell of them baking in the oven is driving me wild. How would I even begin to point them?! I am going to allow myself a sliver of one later on and call it 1.5... impossible to know though. There are two bars of Lindt 70% cocoa in them as well as 3 eggs, butter, sugar, flour, chocolate chips.... so I can't imagine they are particularly ww friendly :) Oh well, we had fun and she is covered in sticky brownie goo! I will endeavour to get the majority of the brownies given away as gifts!
    alpha2010 wrote: »
    hey just wondering where i could get a food weighing scales, i live near liffey valley but i don't know where i could find one :)

I got my little scales in Argos, was the cheapest kitchen scales in the book and it's great, does grams, pounds, and pounds and ounces. It is a Cookworks one and was about 14 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭StandardAngel

Eimhearwwl wrote: »
    On week one you should get a blue or green file, a blue smart card and a tracker, on wk 2 a book called Beat Hunger all about filling foods, wk 3 is a book called Energise about exercise and a points booster to help you work out points earned from exercise, wk 4 is Eating out and about and wk 5 is Max your Motivation

Is there anything worth reading in the week 4 book? My leader was out of week 4 books when i was supposed to get it, that was two weeks ago and she still hasnt got any.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

Hi guys its been a while since ive been on here and just been reading through all the posts from some familiar and not so familiar usernames! your all doing fab keep it up!!!!

I guess im back looking for a bit of help! I reached my WW goal a few weeks back and managed to get to 1lb under it too. I then talked it over with my leader and reset my goal to lose another 5.5lbs to get to where i really want to go.

So that was about a month ago at this stage and i am STILL at the same weight:mad::mad::mad::mad: its getting really frustrating at this stage and i just dont know what else i can do. im up and down by about 3 lbs ever since!!

I took up running the couch to 5k programme the week i reached goal in order to keep losing and get fit. for the last two weeks ive been using 19 points a day as im currently on 20 and as im 11st even right now my leeder suggested dropping the point to try get into the 10 st range. im sticking to my points, tracking, exercising, drinking water and last week i put up .5lb and according to my scales at home this week im up another 1lb:(:(

I know i shouldnt be weighing myself betweeen weigh ins but sometimes i find if i see im going down it gives me motivation to keep that week a good one. my WI is on tuesday morning and im already thinking im not going as i dont want to be told im up AGAIN!!!! at this stage i thought id be well at my goal and a gold card holder but it still seems so far away and like its getting farther awaya instead of closer!!!!!

Sorry for the long post/rant!!!!!:ohope your alll having a better time of it than I right now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭suziemcc

Hi guys its been a while since ive been on here and just been reading through all the posts from some familiar and not so familiar usernames! your all doing fab keep it up!!!!

I guess im back looking for a bit of help! I reached my WW goal a few weeks back and managed to get to 1lb under it too. I then talked it over with my leader and reset my goal to lose another 5.5lbs to get to where i really want to go.

So that was about a month ago at this stage and i am STILL at the same weight:mad::mad::mad::mad: its getting really frustrating at this stage and i just dont know what else i can do. im up and down by about 3 lbs ever since!!

I took up running the couch to 5k programme the week i reached goal in order to keep losing and get fit. for the last two weeks ive been using 19 points a day as im currently on 20 and as im 11st even right now my leeder suggested dropping the point to try get into the 10 st range. im sticking to my points, tracking, exercising, drinking water and last week i put up .5lb and according to my scales at home this week im up another 1lb:(:(

I know i shouldnt be weighing myself betweeen weigh ins but sometimes i find if i see im going down it gives me motivation to keep that week a good one. my WI is on tuesday morning and im already thinking im not going as i dont want to be told im up AGAIN!!!! at this stage i thought id be well at my goal and a gold card holder but it still seems so far away and like its getting farther awaya instead of closer!!!!!

Sorry for the long post/rant!!!!!:ohope your alll having a better time of it than I right now!!

ur leader may be right u may need to drop afew pts a day in order to loose the last few pounds how hard that may sound it will be worth it when u get ur gold card and no longer have to pay again..... :) just keep at it it will come off just may take a little longer than u expected but u wil be a gold member soon without a douth if u stay motivated.... :) gud luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭PinkBottle

On week one you should get a blue or green file, a blue smart card and a tracker, on wk 2 a book called Beat Hunger all about filling foods, wk 3 is a book called Energise about exercise and a points booster to help you work out points earned from exercise, wk 4 is Eating out and about and wk 5 is Max your Motivation, you should get a 5% sticker when you've lost 5% of your body weight and a 10% sticker and a book when 10% has been lost. Of course don't forget about the silver 7s and stones when you lose 1/2 a stone and a stone. When you are within 5 lbs of goal you should receive a book called The Last Few Pounds to help you hit goal and then when you get to goal there are three Maintenance books , 1 for each week of maintenance. Your leader should then take your blue card and replace it with a gold one. If you are missing any of these just ask your leader.

Thanks a million! I'll look into getting some of them! appreciate it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 bettydavis

Itsallaboutme!! try not to get too disheartened .... try and remember how far you have come to even get to this point:)

Have a look at how & where your spending your points, maybe try eating a little and often to speed things up!

Good luck with this weeks weight in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

I got my little scales in Argos, was the cheapest kitchen scales in the book and it's great, does grams, pounds, and pounds and ounces. It is a Cookworks one and was about 14 euro.

thanks im gonna get it tomorrow.. been giving myself big portions of food so i need this :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Eimhearwwl

Ask your Leader for the booklet "The last few pounds", there are loads of tips in it for losing that last annoying bit, but always remember if you feel great at the weight you are, your Leader can adjust your goal back up- Oh and throw your scales out!!!

Is there anything worth reading in the week 4 book? My leader was out of week 4 books when i was supposed to get it, that was two weeks ago and she still hasnt got any.

I think it's good to have the whole set and there are some good things about eating out in book 4, I'd keep reminding your leader that you didn't get it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 time_for_action

morning all. whats the limit on eggs you can eat in a week. ive got really partial to poached or scrambled egg in the morning but then when it comes lunch i have to have an egg if im having a salad as what i eat doesnt fill me. also ive heard every week in class about cutting out the bread. im only eating wholemeal brown bread. surely 2 or 3 slices of this a week is ok...

Hi all, Thanks for all the replies to my big old moan the other day!! just back from my WI and i was down .5lb. now on a normal day id be a bit disappointed with that but im taking a new look this week and have decided to look at that half a lb as a loss regardless of how much it is.

one of the girls at class this morning got a 50lb certificate and after listening to her story i feel motivated to get back on track and really go for it this week. normally on a tuesday i will give myself a bit of a break from pointing as i figure i have the week to recover any damage i do. but this week ive decided that i am not going to that and im on track from today!!

So heres hoping ill get a loss again next week:)best of luck to all anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

You will get a points booster on week 3, you have to walk 5,000 steps approx to get into healthy and then every 1,500 after that will earn you a half point. I'm not sure what 1 hour of Taewkondo earns but 1 hour of jive dancing is about 1.5

Thanks Eimhearwwl, I wish that was provided sooner. I dont know about anyone else but I've had a terrible weekend....I was away from home and lost 'track' completely for 3 days. I tried to help things by doing a lot of exercise but I know my trousers feel tight. I have 2 days until I weigh in, dreading it now. But I suppose the whole point of this is to pick myself back up, bite the bullet, weigh in and get on with it...:rolleyes:

I wonder can I undo the harm done in 2 days? I'll be happy if I haven't gained this week, whatever about losing. Wednesday is going to be scary

Hi all, Thanks for all the replies to my big old moan the other day!! just back from my WI and i was down .5lb. now on a normal day id be a bit disappointed with that but im taking a new look this week and have decided to look at that half a lb as a loss regardless of how much it is.

one of the girls at class this morning got a 50lb certificate and after listening to her story i feel motivated to get back on track and really go for it this week. normally on a tuesday i will give myself a bit of a break from pointing as i figure i have the week to recover any damage i do. but this week ive decided that i am not going to that and im on track from today!!

So heres hoping ill get a loss again next week:)best of luck to all anyway!

Go to the local supermarket and pick up .5lb of butter - visualise that as the fat you lost in as little as one week. Congrats I say!!:)

Just an idea here, but taking up running does build muscle on the legs - maybe this is what the scales is picking up? Ideas anyone?

morning all. whats the limit on eggs you can eat in a week. ive got really partial to poached or scrambled egg in the morning but then when it comes lunch i have to have an egg if im having a salad as what i eat doesnt fill me. also ive heard every week in class about cutting out the bread. im only eating wholemeal brown bread. surely 2 or 3 slices of this a week is ok...

Board Bia says an egg a day is OK so if you are having one for breakfast why don't you substitute the lunch one for some other type of protein like, Tuna, Salmon, Chicken, Ham, Prawns, Chickpeas, Tofu or Kidney Beans

Hi folks,

Am tormented here. I promised my 4 yr old girl some time back that if we had a rainy day we would bake chocolate brownies. Well, that day arrived today and the smell of them baking in the oven is driving me wild. How would I even begin to point them?! I am going to allow myself a sliver of one later on and call it 1.5... impossible to know though. There are two bars of Lindt 70% cocoa in them as well as 3 eggs, butter, sugar, flour, chocolate chips.... so I can't imagine they are particularly ww friendly :) Oh well, we had fun and she is covered in sticky brownie goo! I will endeavour to get the majority of the brownies given away as gifts!

I played around with a recipe for the Easter weekend and came up with this, it is lovely and won't break the points bank so the next time you need to bake you're sorted

Chocolate Cake with Orange or Coffee Option
    Total points 21 [serves 8-10]
    Ingredients
    . 6 large egg whites . 6 oz/170g caster sugar . 2 oz/ 60g self-raising flour
    -1 oz/ 30g cocoa powder . 1-teaspoon lemon juice . ½ teaspoon salt
    . 1 teaspoon baking powder -spray oil - baking parchment
    -Optional- 2 teaspoons / ¼ oz/10g instant coffee granules.

Filling
    . ½ Pint Slimline Milk . 2 tablespoons/ 2oz / 55g Cocoa Powder
    . 2 tablespoons / ¼ oz / 15g sweetener . 1 tablespoon 1 oz/ 30g cornflour
    . Parchment paper to line two non-stick 8" round cake tins
    -Optional- zest of 1 orange or 2 teaspoons/ ¼ oz/10g instant coffee granules.

Method:
    Place egg whites in a clean grease-free bowl and add lemon juice and salt. Whisk until trebled in volume. Add in the baking powder and sugar, beat again till stiff. Sieve the flour and cocoa powder [and coffee granules] twice and fold gently into the mixture spoon by spoon. Divide between two parchment lined and sprayed 8”/20cm cake tins and bake in pre-heated oven, 165oC for 30 minutes. Allow cakes to cool in their tins until cold. Then turn out onto a wire rack and remove the parchment.

To Make the Filling:
    In a saucepan put the cocoa powder, sweetener and cornflour [coffee granules or orange zest] and whisk in the milk. Place over a medium heat, continue whisking until the mixture begins to thicken, when it starts to bubble cook for one more minute and remove from the heat. Put one of the cakes onto a serving plate, pour half of the chocolate filling over it and place the other cake on top. Pour the remaining filling over the top and sides of the cake. Smooth with a palate knife and cool for an hour before serving. Store in the fridge if not serving immediately and it will last 2-3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I had an absolutely terrible weekend and beginning of this week. I had takeaways practically every day and lots of alcohol. I was adamant I would be good again yesterday but getting back on the wagon is much harder than falling off it! I ended up eating worse than any other day. I'm dreading going to WW tomorrow but there's nothing I can change now. I just hope I don't go up too much! The one thing in my favour is I walked loads (about 5km every day) and danced lots!

poconnor16 wrote: »
    Just an idea here, but taking up running does build muscle on the legs - maybe this is what the scales is picking up? Ideas anyone?

this had crossed my mind alright but im not so sure about it!!:confused:if it is the case though will i still be able to lose the last 5.5lbs i want to lose???

Chocolate Cake with Orange or Coffee Option.
    Yum I am soooooooo making this!!!!!:D

• Advertisement

ergonomics wrote: »
    I had an absolutely terrible weekend and beginning of this week. I had takeaways practically every day and lots of alcohol. I was adamant I would be good again yesterday but getting back on the wagon is much harder than falling off it! I ended up eating worse than any other day. I'm dreading going to WW tomorrow but there's nothing I can change now. I just hope I don't go up too much! The one thing in my favour is I walked loads (about 5km every day) and danced lots!

My weigh is today at 5 and I too had a shocker for 3 days....did exercise heaps though and am hoping that helps a little. The way to look at it though, is that if you weren't getting back on hte wagon you probably never would. So what if you weight in a pound heavier this week? At least you are in control and know what you can do to fix it next week.
    If you didn't weigh in and gave up that extra pound could snowball into a stone!
    Just want to let you know you are not alone :) so do not give up. Bite the bullet and get back on track!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

I was feeling similar to ergo and poconnor today. I was away at the weekend and definitely went sky high numerals over my points. Was good leading up to trip and got back on track immediately when I got home. I tried to drink loads of water. I guess I did a lot more dancing and walking in my hazy drunken state when I was away. I was sure (and derserved) I was going to gain but when I got weighed tonight I was down 1.5lbs! :) I'm so lucky! I'm only half a pound away from my third silver seven. I really want to get it next week....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭MonkeySocks24

Board Bia says an egg a day is OK so if you are having one for breakfast why don't you substitute the lunch one for some other type of protein like, Tuna, Salmon, Chicken, Ham, Prawns, Chickpeas, Tofu or Kidney Beans

Really? I have about 3eggs a day!! Yikes!

dolliemix wrote: »
    I was feeling similar to ergo and poconnor today. I was away at the weekend and definitely went sky high numerals over my points. Was good leading up to trip and got back on track immediately when I got home. I tried to drink loads of water. I guess I did a lot more dancing and walking in my hazy drunken state when I was away. I was sure (and derserved) I was going to gain but when I got weighed tonight I was down 1.5lbs! :) I'm so lucky! I'm only half a pound away from my third silver seven. I really want to get it next week....

Oh Dolliemix that is fantastic, well done!! I hope you get your silver 7 next week. I weighed in last night and was down 3 pounds - I'm thrilled! What I've learned from this is never let a bad weekend steer you away from your meeting - miracles (in my case) can still happen!:)

My leader last night made an interesting comment on this topic - ''its the weeks where you've eaten all the digestive biscuits, bottles of wine and takeaways that you need to be at your meeting. This is when you need your meeting most. It's very easy to weigh in on a good week, the challenge is on the bad weeks.''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

Oh I totally agree! This week I was so so tempted to not go to my meeting, up until like an hour before it, because the week had genuinely been such a write off! Was positive I'd be up 2 or 3lbs at least.

Decided to go anywhoo, mainly because I go with a friend and didn't want them to think "oh yeah, she's just avoiding it"! So I went, and although I was up it wasn't half as bad as I expected - only 1.5lbs up, so I'm all motivated and back on track this week!

It's those weeks when ya really need some motivational words that are the best weeks to force yourself to go for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Hi Guys

Going for my WI tonite not looking forward to it as this week I have been so bad, mad busy in work so havent had time to go for a walk and with the bank holiday weekend I was drinking wine and eating all around me,
    I usually go to a morning class but am going to an evening one tonite so hopefully not too much damage done :(:(

I use to always go to an evening class and stay for the class but when I went in the morning I couldnt stay for the class and I think the class really helps with tips from others in the class.

Ill post back later and let u know how I got on - fingers and toes crossed;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭StandardAngel

Weighed in this morning, lost another 1.5lbs, only 2lbs to lose and i will get my first stone :D going to try really hard this week and next week because i am going on holidays in 2 weeks (hopefully if the stupid volcano doesnt stop me from going) and really want to have lost a stone before i go.

this had crossed my mind alright but im not so sure about it!!:confused:if it is the case though will i still be able to lose the last 5.5lbs i want to lose???

Just something to add here....the weight you see coming off the scales might not be fat. So you might not be seeing any movement on the scales but you could still be burning fat which is the most important thing. I would maybe look at getting your body fat percentage measured - it would give you another target to keep you motivated?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Lost 1.5 pound tonight. Happy with that considering I had 2 indians last weekend.

Got last week's pound gain back off plus a little extra

Hoping to lose 2 pound this week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

:Ddown 1/2 lb,better than nought!might get my mojo back! went 4 an hour walk this eve!:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement