Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Hi Guys

Went to WI last nite and was up 2lbs, so deserved it cos i was eating all around me and drinking lots of wine so have to knuckle down this week

Well done all the losers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Up .5lb last night and after the week I had I was thrilled with that! Back to tracking and eating right from today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 time_for_action

was down 1.5lb last night. was so happy to break that .5lb cycle.
    but............. i had a dirty take-away from the chipper... well i savaged it.. but its back to day 1 again..

week 1 : -4lb
    Week 2 : - 2.5lb
    Week 3 : -1/2lb
    Week 4 : -1/2lb
    Week 5 : -1.5lb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

was down 2 last night ... got my first stone in WW last night but overall i have lost 20 pounds in 7 weeks, happy with that :)

just wondering though if any feels the same as me, im happy with the weight i have lost but i feel ugly in a way because the clothes im wearing right dont fit me, there too big and all the women in WW are saying i shouldnt buy any new clothes just yet because im losing weight so quickly, i just dont fell good like i feel as if i have let myself go because im focusing a lot on the diet.. like right now i should be studying for exams but part of me is saying go out on a shopping spree and make myself happy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Go shopping! I have treated myself to new clothes (mostly Pennies!) with every dropped dress size and it's done wonders for my self esteem, and made me realise how much I love fashion (couldn't have cared less before!) You'll feel so much better about yourself and even more motivated to keep going, it's a self-perpetuating cycle!

I've been stuck at my current weight for a few months now and I'm so glad I bought some nice fitted clothes. I'd like to drop maybe another size so when I do I'll be donating the bigger clothes to charity and getting the really nice pieces altered :) It's so important to feel good about yourself while losing weight, g'wan, treat yourself ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

Definatley go shopping it will do wonders for your confidence!!! a new pair of jeans and some nice tops will sort you out!

get rid of all the clothes that are now TOO BIG as if you hang onto them the temptation is always there to just throw your comfy trackies or big jumper on when your having a "fat day". its too easy to get back into the routine of wearing those clothes when you feel like that and then you dont feel it if the weight starts going back on and then you end up back at square 1 again after all your hard work.

I kept ONE pair of jeans that are far too big for me now but they are my inspiration. every now and then i try them on just to keep myself in check and remind myself of how far ive come. other than that everything else went to the recycling centre.

Pennys do have some really nice stuff at the moment so go for it you deserve the treat!!!!;)

i did in the end, went for like 2 hours, was trying on things i never imagined i would wear, like most of the stuff i tried on, i didnt buy i was just happy to see i had dropped a dress size and now i could actually find my size in the clothes department

bought myself some t shirts and some jeans and a nice jacket, the jacket is still a little tight but i know i will fit into it soon enough if i keep on track

ahh missed a day of study because of it and today is too nice aswell ahh well

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭PinkBottle

Up 5lbs this week, I won't lie, I was very disappointed as I had done so much this week in regards tracking and staying within my points...have no idea where went wrong. I am in the middle of exams at the moment but that shouldn't have caused me to gain 5, except that I didn't fit in any exercise due to currently living in the library. I don't know...Hopefully next week will be better.

PinkBottle wrote: »
    I didn't fit in any exercise due to currently living in the library.

im gonna be the same this week, i have been really trying to study because my exams are soon and its been four days since i last exercised and plus i have had eddie rockets and curry

for the next 2 weeks i wont mind if i went up a few pounds :)

ill be back to normal after the exams on the 25th :P i promise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi wondering if any of you can help!

I'm looking for a meeting tomorrow morning somewhere in north dublin, Ideally between 9 and 11. I'm in work at 12 and working tues when my weigh in is on!

Hate going in the evening time! Checked online but can't seem to find any! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

Hi,

had my son 6months ago today, I've acually lost the baby weight but was overweight to begin with.

For some reason WW came into my head today and I am thinking about joining up and getting my ass in gear to lose some weight.

I am stilll breast feeding and he is on solids, just wondering if it is suitable to do the WW program and coninue feeding.

Thanks for any advise

fitzcoff wrote: »
    just wondering if it is suitable to do the WW program and coninue feeding.

well funny enough i was just reading about that today on the WW booklets we get each week
    yeah you can do the WW program, just inform the leader when you are joining because she has some extra leaflets to give to you in regards to the dieting and the breastfeeding

and also she will give you some advice herself after class. there are a few women that are in my WW class and they are also breastfeeding, they have mentioned it but i don't know the details as to how different their WW program is but i say its pretty much the same, just have to keep certain things in your diet or whatever

so yeah you should join :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Wednesdays Girl

I've been on Weight Watchers for a while now but I've only recently read the WW threads here. I've lost almost a stone and a half so far but I've been finding motivation really tough lately. I've also been getting really upset about my size lately and I don't know why. One minute I feel like I've done really well and lost weight and then I look at pictures and I look huge in them. I've had lots of people tell me that I look great but for some reason I just can't accept it because I've pictures that show me that I look awful. I suppose I just want to know if anybody else feels like this and what they do..

I have posted numerous threads about this yes I'm in the same boat, i have lost 20 pounds, felt great at first but recently starting to get down
    i have lost weight every week but i just feel like i have no motivation at times to do it..

like my friends never say i lost it but then my family and all say it could be bcause of jealousy but when someone says i have lost weight i dont see it, like i think by now i would. but the other day what really cheered me up so was going shopping, went into a clothes shop picked up things a size or 2 smaller and i tried them on and standing there knowing that two months ago i wouldn't of got my leg in one of those dresses, it made me feel great that they fitted nicely

have you done that recently, have you gone clothes shopping to cheer yourself up ??

alpha2010 wrote: »
    but the other day what really cheered me up so was going shopping, went into a clothes shop picked up things a size or 2 smaller and i tried them on and standing there knowing that two months ago i wouldn't of got my leg in one of those dresses, it made me feel great that they fitted nicely

have you done that recently, have you gone clothes shopping to cheer yourself up ??

I actually did that yesterday. I picked up jeans in a size 12 where I would have automatically gone for at least the 14. I felt really good about that but then I thought of the pictures and got upset again. I kept thinking that size 12 would be such a great feeling but I still feel really big.

well I bet tomorrow or the next day you will feel great about yourself, its always gonna be an up and down thing. I never see a good photo of myself, always feel ugly or huge but when i see myself in the mirror, thats when i notice it.

you should be so proud of yourself, thats amazing, i say your close to your target weight.. just keep picturing what you looked like before and picture what you wanna look like, you wont always be happy, but in the long run you will be ten times happy when you reach your goal.

Hi all,

Have a question that's probably really stupid. Say you used 18 points in a day but earned 4 points in activity; do you take the activity points off your total? If so would you eat two extra points as 18 - 4 = 14 which is 2 below the daily minimum or do you just count those as points earned? I've probably explained that really badly so just in case what I'm asking is if taking activity points off your daily points used brings you under the daily minimum do you eat something to bring you back up to the minimum?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 therambling

ergonomics wrote: »
    Hi all,

Have a question that's probably really stupid. Say you used 18 points in a day but earned 4 points in activity; do you take the activity points off your total? If so would you eat two extra points as 18 - 4 = 14 which is 2 below the daily minimum or do you just count those as points earned? I've probably explained that really badly so just in case what I'm asking is if taking activity points off your daily points used brings you under the daily minimum do you eat something to bring you back up to the minimum?

Hey you don't have to eat your activity points at all! so i usually keep them as a separate set of points so if i eat 18 points but earn 6 activity i can choose to eat a further 6 or put them off further weight loss :) think of it more as have 24 points that day!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 therambling

ergonomics wrote: »
    If so would you eat two extra points as 18 - 4 = 14 which is 2 below the daily minimum or do you just count those as points earned?

oh and by the way 14 is the daily minimum :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭StandardAngel

I have posted numerous threads about this yes I'm in the same boat, i have lost 20 pounds, felt great at first but recently starting to get down
    i have lost weight every week but i just feel like i have no motivation at times to do it..

like my friends never say i lost it but then my family and all say it could be bcause of jealousy but when someone says i have lost weight i dont see it, like i think by now i would. but the other day what really cheered me up so was going shopping, went into a clothes shop picked up things a size or 2 smaller and i tried them on and standing there knowing that two months ago i wouldn't of got my leg in one of those dresses, it made me feel great that they fitted nicely

I went shopping for new jeans because my old ones are too big, it was great picking up a size 12 instead of a 14, i have lost 12 lbs so far and its amazing the difference it has made, i have had to donate a lot of trousers and jeans to the charity shop. Not complaining though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

oh and by the way 14 is the daily minimum :)

16 is the daily minimum i thought?

well I bet tomorrow or the next day you will feel great about yourself, its always gonna be an up and down thing. I never see a good photo of myself, always feel ugly or huge but when i see myself in the mirror, thats when i notice it.

you should be so proud of yourself, thats amazing, i say your close to your target weight.. just keep picturing what you looked like before and picture what you wanna look like, you wont always be happy, but in the long run you will be ten times happy when you reach your goal.

You were totally right. I'm feeling better today again and a lot more positive so thanks for the support. Maybe I should just abandon the old photo albums and think of the news ones! I am pretty close to where I want to be so I suppose I should just remember that. My problem is that when my mood dips, I find it really hard to see all the positive stuff and I can't seem to get myself out of the negative frame of mind. I just want to figure out some sort of automatic positive trigger or something. Anyone got any ideas?

Does anyone find that, price wise, there's little incentive to eat healthy? I met a friend for lunch the other day and a sandwich with two meats and one salad with chips on the side and a can of coke for €5. The same menu had a salad plate with two salads and one meat and nothing else for €10. That's twice the price of a sandwich, chips and coke! I ended up getting the sandwich and just didn't eat the bread and gave my chips to a friend.

I usually get a wrap with hot chicken and salad for lunch which costs about €3.50. The EXACT SAME contents with no wrap (i.e., in a salad box) costs €4.50 - €1 more! It's a joke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

That's true ergo - doesn't make it easy!

I find especially buying fresh food is quite pricy. Like I'm usually just cooking for myself, so buying fresh veg/fruit ingredients in general requires a bit of planning just to make sure I have meals planned so that I can get the stuff eaten before it goes outa date. Usually means I do batch cooking and freezing, mainly chilli con carne.

But I genuinely wish there were more healthy eating options for eating out in town that weren't crazy expensive! I'd be all over that! Or even there were restaurants that published the nutritional value of their food. For prime example, was in town on sunday with himself, we were both quite hungover and fancied a bit of brunch - but after the write off that was the night before I didn't really want to eat any rubbish. Ended up just getting a count on us sandwich from M&S (big giant chicken with bacon roll for himself!), and heading to Stephen's Green. I didn't mind really, but would love the comfort of eating out somewhere where I could accurately calculate the points before eating!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

foundry wrote: »
    16 is the daily minimum i thought?

yep 16 is minimum (checked with leader)

Totally agree that eating low fat os more expensive, its hard when your on th go and need to pick up something to eat - hard to get something cheap and healthy that is also tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

I went to my first meeting this morn, Starting weight is 15 stone 6lbs,

Just wondering if anyone had any tips for the first few weeks, because I'm breastfeeding I've 28 points which seems like loads,
    any help/advise would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭emma82

I've lost 58lbs in total & have my gold card 5 months now. I have been struggling this past 5/6 weeks- first week I put on 1lb, 2nd week .5 and last week 2lb- no excuses- I've just got cocky! Now I'm 3.5lb up and in close danger of putting up more this week. I made the cowardly decision not to go to my meeting as I know I'll be up again. I am furious with myself!!

My OH has been fantastic throughout this whole thing & said to be today that he noticed I hadn't been to gym in a couple of weeks- I devoured him, then stormed out of the house to get petrol & had eaten a pkt of maltesers & peanut m&ms by the time I came home again!!!!

I know there a few life long ww'ers here and was wondering if you offer any words of support- I know I should go to the meeting but I really can't face it & on top of that I really don't wanna lose the gold card & the free classes!! I'm not normally this down, usually am very upbeat- have come up against 'a wall' I think!!
    Help???

. I just want to figure out some sort of automatic positive trigger or something. Anyone got any ideas?

ha after me giving advice yesterday, i was feeling down today and i cant always go shopping every time im down, i actually don't know what else could make me keep at it

i have an injury and i cant exercise for the next week but i got so frustrated tonight because i have been eating right but still feeling sluggish so i went for a jog with bruised muscle because i fell off my bike the other day ...afterwards i was in bits but funny enough i felt a little better because i was still exercising

for the people who have lost loadsss of weight, honestly what kept you going?? im at a cross road now and im actually considering giving up, i feel guilty when i have a small piece of chocolate, which could only be a point or 2 but in my head, its much bigger

i seriously wish the guilt would just go away, im even worried that ill go back to my old ways which was binge eating and then throwing up, this happened yearsss ago but im feeling the same way again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Snukums

Hi Guys,
    So i started again monday after months of avoiding the scales like the plague, im 12.5 now very dissappointed in myself :( cant afford right now to be going to the meetings so i will be probably hanging around in here looking 4 d support that the meetings usually bring :p
    hope everyone is having a g:pod day 2day

Liz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

alpha 2010 please dont revert to your old ways you can do this:)

altogether ive lost 33lbs ive hit the dreaded "wall" twice now am at one at the moment but after i got over the first one i know that i can get past this one too!!

the key is sheer perseverance! the first time i got stuck i was at the same weight for aaaggggeeeesssss and it nearly drove me nuts! now ive been trying to break this wall for the past about 2 months i have 5lbs to lose till my ultimate goal but i am determined to get there!

as for eating and feeling guilty just try to forget about it easier said than done i know but it will only drive you nuts. if you have a bad day just leave it behind you and start fresh the next day. try planning out your meals for the day ahead in advance and write it down in your tracker.that way if its already pointed and written down your more likely to stick to it.

try getting out an old photo of yourself that you like and stick it to your fridge/cupboard door or somewhere you will have to pass it to get to your goodies.seeing it will make you think before you eat!

try talking to your leader and let them know how your feeling they are there to help so should have some advice for you!

stick with it and just remember how far you have come already. you will get there!:D;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement