Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

That's brilliant!!! Well done!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭TheScriptFan

Just discovered that Lucozade is 4pts for the regular bottle...wowsers!! be aware people! sure that could throw you right over the edge..

Well done on everyones weight loss...great results!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Down .5lb last night. Was fully convinced I'd be up so I'm thrilled! I also got my 10% sticker even though it was due weeks ago. My leader said there was no book to go with it though so if anyone has a spare they'd like to share I'd be thrilled. I'm determined to find out what's in this elusive book!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Wednesdays Girl

Just discovered that Lucozade is 4pts for the regular bottle...wowsers!! be aware people! sure that could throw you right over the edge..

Fizzy drinks are a killer. Most of them are 4 points for 500ml. I pretty much cut all fizzy drinks out because I don't really like the idea of diet drinks or anything with sweetener in it. I try to stick to water to water as much as possible.. Very exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Hi all, wish I'd seen this thread when I started WW :)

I've been going since mid November 2009.. I set myself a target weight loss of 40lb, I've lost 35lb so far. I'm starting to see it all unravel, though :( Going through a lot of stress in my life and I am falling back on wanting to eat everything in the house :( I know this is just another hurdle that I have to overcome, but how do you do it? It also doesn't help when you still look in the mirror and see a fat bird, the old self image takes a while to catch up!! Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

• Advertisement

Quackles wrote: »
    Hi all, wish I'd seen this thread when I started WW :)

I've been going since mid November 2009.. I set myself a target weight loss of 40lb, I've lost 35lb so far. I'm starting to see it all unravel, though :( Going through a lot of stress in my life and I am falling back on wanting to eat everything in the house :( I know this is just another hurdle that I have to overcome, but how do you do it? It also doesn't help when you still look in the mirror and see a fat bird, the old self image takes a while to catch up!! Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Congratulations. That's an amazing achievement! I know the feeling when it comes to looking in the mirror! I still think of myself as being the same size as I was even though I'm buying smaller sized clothes and my old clothes are too big. It's really difficult get my head around it. For me, it's just about setting a goal. Mine is to feel confident enough to wear a bikini when I go on holidays with my boyfriend during the summer. I've just been trying to focus on that and how great it will feel everytime I'm feeling to lazy to exercise. Keep your head up. You've done amazingly well!

I know this sounds silly but I have fallen off the wagon so many times and was a serial ww joinee!! This time I was determined to do it, I had this really horrible, fat photo of myself that I have folded up and put into my bag. Any time I feel like I'm going to fall off the wagon I take a look at that and say to myself I am never going back there. It's really working for me.

I rejoined in Feb after yo-yoing between 15st and 12st 7lb... When I rejoined I was 12 stone 4, now I'm 11stone 5, had a few dodgy weeks but I'm not far off my goal now and I swear that picture of me has really been the kick in the back side I needed! :p

ali85 wrote: »
    I know this sounds silly but I have fallen off the wagon so many times and was a serial ww joinee!! This time I was determined to do it, I had this really horrible, fat photo of myself that I have folded up and put into my bag. Any time I feel like I'm going to fall off the wagon I take a look at that and say to myself I am never going back there. It's really working for me.

I rejoined in Feb after yo-yoing between 15st and 12st 7lb... When I rejoined I was 12 stone 4, now I'm 11stone 5, had a few dodgy weeks but I'm not far off my goal now and I swear that picture of me has really been the kick in the back side I needed! :p

That sounds like a brilliant idea Ali. I have pictures of myself that I really dislike so maybe it's time I put one of them in my wallet so everytime I reach in for money I remember.. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

i actually havent been noticing the difference for me even though i lost 23 pounds but yesterday i was looking through my computer files and found a video of me dancing that someone had taken at a wedding, OH MY GOD i was in shock, the difference is mad ... so now i have that to look at when im sad, i was on top of the world yesterday because of it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

That's a really good idea ya know!

Like holy god, there are definitely enough bad photos of me to choose from! ha ha! But it could be something worth carrying around. Because I find for myself, it's the little impulse "oh I'll have one" choices that are my downfall. Like in general my meals are planned and pointed. But it's the little slips when something's sitting on front of me that are my downfall. So maybe if I have something to hand that I can just have a look at, it might just give me the push to not "just have one"! ;)

• Advertisement

can i ask just ask people, do they go by their BMI like for me i need to be between 9 and 9.5 stone to have normal BMI, i have seen people who are that weight and its tiny like its not anerexic or anything but i just want to be maybe at 10 10.5 because i dont want to be skinny, but if im 10 im considered over weight because my BMI would be over 25

like i say when i reach 10 stone, im currently 12 stone 9, i would be happy enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 bettydavis

Well done to everyone on their weight loss :)

Haven't been on in a while.... having a bit of a wobble :mad: I joined WW 5 weeks ago and was doing ok, I lost 3lb in my first week, 3.5lb in the second week and 0.5lb in the third.... I then missed my fourth class and thats when I just went to pot!! I'm !! I did go back last week and was 1lb up I'm trying to get back on track but am struggling big time with motivation. I'm making an effort to point this week and have been out for a couple of long walks over the weekend but just can't seem to get my mojo back!

Ali I like the idea of the fat photo in my wallet, it could be a way of helping me keep on track and stay away from nice but naughtly temptations:)

Hope everyone has a good week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sillybuttons

Well done on everyones weight loss...great results!

try lucozade sport lite! its only 1/2 pt per bottle!! and its like the active summer fruits one they already had (that looks like water). its a nice change from water when walking!!:)

yay! wi last night was down 4lbs! :D so delighted as am now just 1lb off goal!! started on 18th jan and have lost 3st 2lbs to date!! was so fed up of being the big girl but took me years to just do something about it and am so glad that i stuck with it! i have the attention span of a goldfish and never expected i would do so well! so if i can do it so can anyone! sorry if i sound like im bragging just so pleased with myself!!! :D

well done sillybuttons! That is an amazing weight loss!!! :D

Hearing other peoples success stories really give me a boost when I start to wobble!!!

Well done! GO YOU!!!! :D

thanks ali!! ive 2 mad weekends coming up, goin to see friends from the north and goin for dinner and show, and just being out an about and then have a weekend away with my sisters after that so will be a real test!!! but im determined to get to goal next week!! does anyone know what happens when you get to goal??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Oh my god Sillybuttons that is amazing - it has taken u no time at all to do it! You must be so proud of urself?

Has it been easy for u? What exercise have u been doing?

WELL DONE YOU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

yay! wi last night was down 4lbs! :D so delighted as am now just 1lb off goal!! started on 18th jan and have lost 3st 2lbs to date!! was so fed up of being the big girl but took me years to just do something about it and am so glad that i stuck with it! i have the attention span of a goldfish and never expected i would do so well! so if i can do it so can anyone! sorry if i sound like im bragging just so pleased with myself!!! :D

Aw wow that is absolutely brilliant! That's such an impressive lost in a few months! You must be so focused to have lost that amount in such a short length of time and getting to goal!

Congrats and hope u enjoy getting your gold card!! woo! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 bettydavis

Well down sillybuttons you must be so proud of yourself, that's an amazing achievement!!! How did you keep yourself motivated throughout your weight loss journey?

Your such an inspiration to everyone on boards:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Wow! That is amazing.....No wonder you're so pleased! Brag away. Did you just do weight watchers or did you have an exercise plan as well?

You could get goal next week! Congrats! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Weigh in Tuesday - lost a pound! Which put me 4lb above the target I had initially set myself, but the leader moved my goal back 4lb, so I'm now 8lb above target :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 time_for_action

wow sillybuttons that is excellent. fair play to you. can you tell us what you did to achieve such an amazing weightloss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I joined weight watchers about three weeks ago and have my third weigh-in tomorrow. In NZ, weight watchers works in Kgs which makes things really confusing for me because I only really understand pounds! It's going pretty well so far.

I want to lose a stone which is about 6/7Kgs. My trigger that made me realise that I needed to lose weight was seeing a photo of myself doing a hill walk and realising how big my stomach looked. I also have been suffering from sciatica and carrying excess weight on your stomach is bad for that.

I've losted 1.3kgs (3lbs) so far and that's put me back in my healthy weight range which is good and I'm aiming to lose 10% of my original sarting weight.

Anyway, I'm having a bad time at work tonight and my OH is out so I got dinner just for me. I was so so tempted to get a take away because it's cold and miserable here but because my weigh-in is tomorrow I was good and made myself a homemade burger for 6.5 points and then had a WW toffee crisp bar to cheer myself up! :)

Really enjoying reading everyone's stories. Even though I haven't been doing WW long I'm really finding it is working for me. I don't feel deprived but have been making much better choices and feel great for doing something good for myself!

alpha2010 wrote: »
    can i ask just ask people, do they go by their BMI like for me i need to be between 9 and 9.5 stone to have normal BMI, i have seen people who are that weight and its tiny like its not anerexic or anything but i just want to be maybe at 10 10.5 because i dont want to be skinny, but if im 10 im considered over weight because my BMI would be over 25

like i say when i reach 10 stone, im currently 12 stone 9, i would be happy enough

Oh God no I don't go by BMI. BMI is a guideline but it isn't at all accurate because it doesn't take muscle tone into consideration. The best way of measuring is percentage body fat, muscle and water. It can be done via a current (it's not painful). BMI just literally uses height and weight. Depending on how athletic you are, you might have a lot of weight based on muscle tone.

Just to put it in perspective, most of the Irish rugby team is "obese". So too are George Clooney and Brad Pitt, according to an article I read a couple of years ago.. and they all look pretty good to me :D

thanks wednesdays girl, yeah i was just starting to worry cause I don't want to be in the obese category but what your saying totally makes sense, well sure once i see myself at my target weight i think i would be happy enough

only 37 pounds to go ... gonna take forever but it will be worth it :)

alpha2010 wrote: »
    thanks wednesdays girl, yeah i was just starting to worry cause I don't want to be in the obese category but what your saying totally makes sense, well sure once i see myself at my target weight i think i would be happy enough

only 37 pounds to go ... gonna take forever but it will be worth it :)

No problem at all. It really should be made clearer by leaders. The other thing to remember is that women naturally have a higher body fat level than men, so if you are trying to measure your body fat make sure you're using the correct scale.

You're right about one thing, it will definitely be worth it!

Well peeps! I'm shattered!!! had the brainwave this morning to walk to work... 30 mins for about 3 miles.... not too bad... but my god I'm wrecked now! haha! I'm not exactly a morning person! :D TRying to be good coz WI tomorrow night and after losing 5lb last week I'm petrified of putting up!

ali85 wrote: »
    Well peeps! I'm shattered!!! had the brainwave this morning to walk to work... 30 mins for about 3 miles.... not too bad... but my god I'm wrecked now! haha! I'm not exactly a morning person! :D TRying to be good coz WI tomorrow night and after losing 5lb last week I'm petrified of putting up!

A 3 mile walk is definitely something to be proud of! Well done.. :)

wow thats brilliant 3 miles well done :), I was looking at the weight watchers pedometer and i was thinking of getting it, its around 20 euro. see i go for a fast walk for 30mins about 5 or 6 times a week depends on how I'm feeling. i just go out with the ipod with the same album each time timbaland :P and walk till i drop ha, i havent a clue really how far i go and how many calories or whatever I'm burning. Has anyone bought one and is it worth getting ??

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭gerbo

Just drive the route that you walk in the car if possible then you will know how far you have gone.. A 1 mile walk at a moderate pace for the average person takes about 10-15 min.

If you really want a pedometer. I wouldn't buy the WW one. WW stuff is usually very expensive, as you probably know.

Here are a few pedometers in Argos(Another expensive place) which will give you a choice. Haven't looked online but I'm sure you can get them cheaper again.

@ Sillybuttons, that is amazing weight loss, well done!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement