Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

WI tonight... not very confident... although I have been reasonably good...

Is it common after losing a good bit (I lost 5lbs last week) to either stay the same or put up, even after being relatively good??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Wednesdays Girl

I'm really annoyed with myself because I went up 1lb after going on and on about motivation and I know it was completely my own fault because I didn't plan properly. I'm hoping it's the kick in the ass that I needed.. *fingers crossed*

Keep your chin up Wednesday's girl! You are doing so well...everyone has a blip at some point, and putting up a pound isn't disasterous to your progress, like you say, it's a good reality check.

I think you are right though, planning is definitely the way to go. I find that the lunches in our canteen, even the "healthy options" are loaded with points so I have started to bring in my own lunch.

1 slice of brown bread cut in half with a scrape of low low and mayo (not even a teaspoon of each) with a slice of cheese from Aldi (the Belight slices are only 1 point each) with lettuce, tomato and onion which I point at about 3.5pts, with a small salad and a Tesco Light Choices yoghurt which are 1.5 points each and are really tasty!

It's the exercise that kills me, not so much the food. I try and do one or two big walks a week (a few miles) and I have started getting a bus that is about 15/20 minute walk from my house each way just to get the extra bit of walking in. I have the Wii fit at home and I try and use it but some evenings I just don't have the motivation to get up and get moving on it.

I really hope I lose even a half a pound tonight... I'm petrified of being up after doing so well last week.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

Hey don't be de-motivated! I didn't have as good a weigh-in this week as I woulda hoped, but this is the very time previously when I woulda had a rubbish few weeks after it, and then have to totally pull it back - wasting weeks every time!

Just look at this week as a new start! Keep focused and I'm sure it'll go great!

Oh and Ali85 - yeah it can be quite common if you've had a really big loss one week, to maybe stay the same the following week, or just lose/gain a little. Just our bodies have to adjust so don't be worried if you have a wee gain! Just calculate the overall average loss over the two weeks!

Jwacqui said this to me after I lost 1lb this week. I had a good week in terms of exercise and food and expected to lose more - but she reminded me that I had lost 3.5lbs the week before. So when you consider an overall loss of 4.5lbs over two weeks it's pretty good! Helped me to keep motivated this week! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Hi all,

my WI was last night, didn't lose or gain - but I'm actualy happy with that considering the way I ate last weekend. My down fall is I love to cook, I'm a real foodie. Can anyone tell me if there are any weight watchers cookbooks on sale? I dont see them at my meeting.
    And there used to be a book with points for everything, and the one with the full eating out guide? Hvaen't seen these either?:confused:

• Advertisement

poconnor16 wrote: »
    Hi all,

my WI was last night, didn't lose or gain - but I'm actualy happy with that considering the way I ate last weekend. My down fall is I love to cook, I'm a real foodie. Can anyone tell me if there are any weight watchers cookbooks on sale? I dont see them at my meeting.
    And there used to be a book with points for everything, and the one with the full eating out guide? Hvaen't seen these either?:confused:

There should be that sort of stuff at your meeting, if there aren't maybe ask your leader to get them in. That's what we did with Points calculators.

@Ali - thanks a mil. The support on this forum is amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

There should be that sort of stuff at your meeting, if there aren't maybe ask your leader to get them in. That's what we did with Points calculators.

@Ali - thanks a mil. The support on this forum is amazing!

Thanks Wednesdays Girl - I'll ask next week. Must take a peek on Amazon as well as there are usually some good buys on there

Try the Fabulous and Filling book! I find it great... there's a great variety of recipes and options for every meal. Well worth getting.

@ Wednesdays Girl, no probs! I am absolutely dreading tonight... Really hope I'm down, but im not too sure!

ali85 wrote: »
    Try the Fabulous and Filling book! I find it great... there's a great variety of recipes and options for every meal. Well worth getting.

@ Wednesdays Girl, no probs! I am absolutely dreading tonight... Really hope I'm down, but im not too sure!

Well if you're not, then ya know where you can come for support and motivation! :) Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

first week i actually really tried and i only lost 1 pound i know i should be happy but i have been losing 3 to 4 pounds each week without any effort and when i do actually put some effort in i lose less ha, i did have my treat but i always have my treat every week

the only explanation is my exams, haven't been properly tracking because I'm studying constantly so whenever I'm hungry i just eat to keep my concentration level up

so on monday ill be back on track when the exams are over :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭StandardAngel

Got my first stone tonight :D so happy :D

WI lastnight, I wasn't confident at all as you all well know... I was down 2lb!! :D:D:D That's my stone! :D So happy!

Only 11.5lbs to go to my goal!

:D

I owe so much to this forum! It's just great! :p Thanks peeps! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Good Morning All

Went to WI last nite and was up 2lbs:mad: - not very happy with this as I did try this week but it is TOM so think that might have something to do with it - well at least I hope so!!!

Best of luck to everyone who still has to WI and well done everyone on their loses!!

Here's to a good week and with the weather they are predicting we have no excuse not to go out and enjoy the sunshine with a nice long walk!!!

JOJOC123 wrote: »
    Good Morning All

Went to WI last nite and was up 2lbs:mad: - not very happy with this as I did try this week but it is TOM so think that might have something to do with it - well at least I hope so!!!

Best of luck to everyone who still has to WI and well done everyone on their loses!!

Here's to a good week and with the weather they are predicting we have no excuse not to go out and enjoy the sunshine with a nice long walk!!!

I'm due mine next week so I'm wary of gaining... gonna really go mad walking and watch the food properly this week. Track Track Track!

2lb isn't that bad, especially @ TOM, I've put up 3.5lbs at one point... I wasn't a happy camper at all but it does give u a boost for the next week

Congrats on the WI guys! It's mad whoever thought people of our age would get so excited about getting a little stone! But it means so much! I have mine lined up on a shelf in my room and it always makes me happy to see them!

Don't worry too much about the gains, especially at TOM. Believe me I've been there. I've had weeks where I've had stupid unexpected gains and they can be really de-motivating! But don't let them get inside your head and drag you down. And it's not easy to just move on and keep going, but just focus on next week's weigh in and how nice it'll be not to be dreading it, and hoping for a loss!!

Best of luck over the wkend guys, everyone needs a little help then! ;)

Congrats on the WI guys! It's mad whoever thought people of our age would get so excited about getting a little stone! But it means so much!

I know exactly what you mean... i was thrilled bringing mine home last night but when my boyfriend saw it he was in shock at how a little glass stone means so much... Was so delighted to get mine last night... he even had a treat for me.. Chicken wings from Mizzoni's... :D It's great to have the support, I really think that's key to the weight loss. Between here and @ home I really don't know what I would have done with out the words of encouragement!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

i chickened out on thurs nite and didn`t go to wi!!!!!!!!!!!!im goin on hols in 2 weeks and am tempted to leave it til i get back!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭PinkBottle

hollyhock wrote: »
    i chickened out on thurs nite and didn`t go to wi!!!!!!!!!!!!im goin on hols in 2 weeks and am tempted to leave it til i get back!

Don't do that, it is one of the worst things you can do, you should go this week to get the encouragement you will need for the next 2weeks. And at least that way, if you decide to go a little off course for the duration of your holidays, you know you will have been weighed and if you are up/down.
    There were weeks I felt like not going but my friends encouraged me to go, and I'm now really glad I did.
    If you can possibly find another class go to W.I, and at least that way - you can use your 2weeks holidays together and not have to pay extra for missing this week!
    W.I might not give you the figures you want to see this week - but, I would recommend you try find another for this week, you might regret it otherwise.
    Good Luck,x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sillybuttons

dolliemix wrote: »
    Wow! That is amazing.....No wonder you're so pleased! Brag away. Did you just do weight watchers or did you have an exercise plan as well?

You could get goal next week! Congrats! :)

hi everyone, ive been away so sorry for not replying to ye! ive my WI tonight and im only 1lb from goal so fingers crossed. tbh id be happy to stay the same this week as i was awful last week when i was away!! stayed with friends up north and was not very good. ive just been very good with the tracking and substituting bad things for good! i walk most days for about 3 miles and i do aqua aerobics on a thursday evening. i dont allow myself extra points for any exercise. and i allow myself a treat every day so im not craving them.

just hoping i get to goal tonight, i'll keep ye all posted!! and thanks everyone for your support and advice. makes a big difference having people to go to!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Weigh in:
    - 1lb - delighted as I had a decent enough week, but went overboard at weekend with chipper chips & drinks! But will work hard this week :)
    Following WW but don't attend meetings, so no little stones for me :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Hauled my ass to WW in Wexford and signed up last Thursday. Suppoed to be following fast track this week. Am following the menu but not weighing anything for correct portion size so we'll see what the scales says this week. Fingers crossed I'll get a negative figure :)

Best of luck Jordata, you've made a good start so I'm sure you'll see good results!

In the long run I would suggest picking up a digital scales. It scared me the first time I weighed out a "healthy portion" of pasta. Holy god, I could nearly count the fusili from sight! ha ha ha! But I've gotten used to it, and it means I often choose healthier options coz I load up my dinners with veg, that make it look even bigger, even tho it's not full of carbs!

Another thing I do is buy individually wrapped things. This may not be the best eco-wise but I need all the help I can get. I also portion up my own dinners - if I make them in bulk. It's just to make things easier, so I know when I grab something outa the fridge/freezer it's 2/3/4 pts or whatever!

Good Luck :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Freckles..!

Hey guys!

I just joined WW yesterday and am looking for a bit of advice.
    What sort of exercise should I be doing in conjunction with the WW system?

I'm trying really hard with the food aspect of it so would love to do the right exercise to get myself a negative on the scales! :D

Hiya Freckles, congrats on starting, hope it goes well for ya :)

Any exercise is good exercise! I'd say start small and work up - all depending on your fitness levels. So if that means going for a quick walk a few times a week, or increasing your intensity at the gym it's all gonna help!

Little things will also help too - never take the lift/escalator again! Stairs ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

well for most women, they power walk for 30 mins 5 days a week. or many like to estimate by how many miles they do. right now i walk about 3 times a week for an hour but im gonna increase that seeing as im just finished college for the summer. other exercise that would be good is water aerobics, if you did that once a week and your walking and kept to your tracking you be would be fine.

i have been doing it for 2 months now and i always see a negative even if its just a pound sometimes :) good luck

Hey guys!

I just joined WW yesterday and am looking for a bit of advice.

I'm trying really hard with the food aspect of it so would love to do the right exercise to get myself a negative on the scales! :D

Hey Freckles,

I absolutely love the Wii Fit. Because you can do it in your house it means that any excuses I had about the weather/not having the time to leave the house are pretty much eliminated. I love the hula hoop game. It's a lot of fun but it's actually a really good work out. There are loads of fitness games that you can get for it though. The downside is that it's expensive but no more so than gym membership. I get bored easily so going for a walk isn't as attractive to me as to other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

Started ww 2 weeks ago and much to my deight I have 8.5 lbs lost. Feeling very happy with myself. Just wanted to share the news with someone as haven't told family that I've started. waiting to see how much weight I have to lose before anyone notices :D

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Well done Fitzcoff 8.5lbs down in 2 weeks - well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭gaoife

Hi :)

Phew i've just finished reading this thread from the start and it's brilliant!!!!
    I just started weightwatchers for the 3rd and final time and this time it's working great, im thinking in points all the time and carry my folder everywhere :p

Just wondering, someone on here mentioned crumpets for half a point and the only ones i can find are one and a half. Does anyone know where i can get the half point ones??

Thanks
    ;)

• Advertisement

Fitzcoff congrats that's a brilliant loss! You must be delighted! Just be prepared for losing a little less as the weeks go on. This has nothing to do with the effort you're putting in, so don't be disheartened, it's just when we go from eating as we would have before starting WW to watching and tracking what we're eating as well as exercising, our bodies can go into shock mode and you can lose a lot in the first weeks! I usually aim to average out at about 1/1.5lbs a week and sure anything over that is a nice bonus!! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement