Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Down 2.5lb last night, so that's 1.5lb away from the target I set myself initially, 5.5lb away from the target the WW leader set for me! 38.5lb total gone now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sillybuttons

got to goal this week!!! yay!!! so chuffed! keep it going people, believe me it is so worth it!! bought a size 10 dress this week and nearly cried with happiness that it fit!! hehe. was given the maintenence book 1 but i personally would like to lose a few more lbs so im still on my lower points! does it matter if you keep losing when doing the maintenence bit?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

got to goal this week!!! yay!!! so chuffed! keep it going people, believe me it is so worth it!! bought a size 10 dress this week and nearly cried with happiness that it fit!! hehe. was given the maintenence book 1 but i personally would like to lose a few more lbs so im still on my lower points! does it matter if you keep losing when doing the maintenence bit?? :confused:

As far as I know you can do 5lbs below or above your goal but if you still want to lose a few more lbs why not adjust your goal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Freckles..!

Thanks for the exercise suggestions guys! I've been super busy so far this week but hopefully will be able to go for a walk tomorrow after my shift in work and to Aqua Aerobics on Friday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Freckles..!

Hey I was wondering if anybody could give me a rough price for the WW Calculator and the Shop book at the meetings?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hey I was wondering if anybody could give me a rough price for the WW Calculator and the Shop book at the meetings?

Cheers

The calculator is €10.50 and last time I checked shop book was €5.25!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

guys do we get any holiday time like i heard we get 2 free weeks off because last week i missed a class and someone told me i wouldn't have to pay and use it has a holiday time, is that true or not ?? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

It is true, I went to the US for a couple of weeks in Feb and I wasn't charged for them when I came back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Wednesdays Girl

Down 0.5lb and I'm pretty happy considering it was my TOTM and I'd been feeling poorly with the throat plague that everyone seems to have, so I was pretty limited in the amount of exercise I did. Just found out that I'm going on holiday in just over a month so I'll definitely have to get my motivation back in full swing if I want to look as good as I had hoped for that :(! I've a new boyfriend and I'd really love him to see me looking confident and relaxed in a bikini!

alpha2010 wrote: »
    guys do we get any holiday time like i heard we get 2 free weeks off because last week i missed a class and someone told me i wouldn't have to pay and use it has a holiday time, is that true or not ?? thanks

Yep you can use them as holidays unless your holidays are used up for the year. I was away for two weeks and I wasn't charged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

I am really dreading WI tonight... its TOTM and I'm really feeling it.

Have tried a few long walks and I haven't gone too mad on the food but I feel so disheartened this week. I'm going away in 3 weeks and I'm currently @ 11stone 3.5lbs... I would love to get into the tens before I go, even if its 10stone 13.5lb :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mollie57

Hi all. Just joined WW. This site is great :) Dont like exercise so any suggestions will be really welcome.

weight.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

Don't dread it Ali - just get it outa the way. We all have weeks when we're feeling a bit rubbish and would rather not go but honestly the best thing to od in these weeks is go - because you may surprise yourself and have a loss which will put you in a great mood!

And if you've a crappy WI, you can get super focused from tomorrow and you have your holidays to aim for!! Good luck hey ;)

ali85 wrote: »
    I am really dreading WI tonight... its TOTM and I'm really feeling it.

Have tried a few long walks and I haven't gone too mad on the food but I feel so disheartened this week. I'm going away in 3 weeks and I'm currently @ 11stone 3.5lbs... I would love to get into the tens before I go, even if its 10stone 13.5lb :D

I know the feeling! I can't wait until I go below 11. Honestly though, you might be surprised. I was sure I'd be up yesterday because I felt like I would be but I wasn't. You might be surprised. Good luck!

thanks folks... fingers crossed I even stay the same. I know it's a killer sometimes but I think I should have been tracking this week of all weeks. I don't track that often because I kinda know myself how many points are in the things I eat during the week, but if I had have tracked this week I am sure I would feel a little bit better about it... oh well....

If you hear a tourettes like roar coming from Firhouse this evening you know my instincts have been right... :D oh well... onwards and DOWNwards eh?! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fatewatchers

Hi folks,

Just in from WI. Wasn't at it last week as I had a medical in Dublin, so was delighted to have lost....
    -7.5lbs over the past fortnight. 66lbs (4stone 10lbs) lost so far, only 4lbs away from my 5 stone!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Hi Guys

Just in from my WI and down 3.5lbs this week yipee!!!:D

So happy as i was up 2 last week cos it was TOM so yay! Well done all the losers this week everybody is doing so good.

Fatewatchers - OMG nearly 5 stone that is absolutely amazing:eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

hey all, missed WW last week due to exams, was convinced I would have gained because I didn't track or eat right because of studying but I must of done something right, lost 5 pounds between the 2 weeks.. got my second silver 7 and also 10% today woo :)

well chuffed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

Wowza! Fantastic losses everyone! Serious congrats deserved :)

well done everyone... as I said yesterday I wasn't very confident because of TOTM and all that.... the shock when I was down 1.5lb...

delighted because I had a niggly half pound driving me mad for AGES and I got rid of it last night! 10lb to my goal now... 20lb down this time around, best I have ever done! This thread is definitely a lifeline!!! Thanks folks!!!

Very happy! bit of a treat lastnight, and maybe an aul sausage and hash brown in the canteen this morning for breakfast then back on the wagon!!!

Well done to all the skinny minnies this week!!! :D

• Advertisement

well done everyone... as I said yesterday I wasn't very confident because of TOTM and all that.... the shock when I was down 1.5lb...

delighted because I had a niggly half pound driving me mad for AGES and I got rid of it last night! 10lb to my goal now... 20lb down this time around, best I have ever done! This thread is definitely a lifeline!!! Thanks folks!!!

Very happy! bit of a treat lastnight, and maybe an aul sausage and hash brown in the canteen this morning for breakfast then back on the wagon!!!

Well done to all the skinny minnies this week!!! :D

Well done! I'm the same I think I'm going to be up then magically I'm not and I can't undertand it either. We must be doing something right.

To everyone else.. wow well done. I'd love to lose 3.5 pounds some week! I might fall off the scales with shock though.. :rolleyes:

the motivation from here is great! even if you put up a few here and there there are always people in the same boat as you on this and it gives u the motivation to get up and keep trying!

Just enjoyed a lovely breakfast... sausage and pudding with mccambridges... my treat for a Friday morning... keeps me going... and when I don't do as well I make sure I walk straight past the hot counter to the cereals as punishment! :D

It's great to see that so many of you are losing so much during your exams and that... that is the time that I would be piling it on! pick pick pick that would be me! Well done!!!

Lets hope next weeks WI's are just as good!!!! I'm on a bit of a roll now....

Week 1 : 12st 8lb
    Week 2 : 12st 4lb (-4)
    Week 3 : 12st 1.5 (-2.5)
    Week 4 : 11st 11.5 (-4)
    Week 5 : 11st 11.5 (0)
    Week 6 : 11st 7.5 (-4)
    Week 7 : 11st 9.5 (+2)
    Week 8 : 11st 10.5 (+1)
    Week 9 : 11st 5.5 (-5)
    Week 10 : 11st 3.5 (-2)
    Week 11 : 11st 2lb (-1.5)

As you can see I had a few dodgy weeks but joining this forum has helped me no end to keep on track and keep invisaging my goal (10st 6lb)... Thanks a million folks!!!! :):):)

the motivation from here is great! even if you put up a few here and there there are always people in the same boat as you on this and it gives u the motivation to get up and keep trying!

Just enjoyed a lovely breakfast... sausage and pudding with mccambridges... my treat for a Friday morning... keeps me going... and when I don't do as well I make sure I walk straight past the hot counter to the cereals as punishment! :D

It's great to see that so many of you are losing so much during your exams and that... that is the time that I would be piling it on! pick pick pick that would be me! Well done!!!

Lets hope next weeks WI's are just as good!!!! I'm on a bit of a roll now....

Week 1 : 12st 8lb
    Week 2 : 12st 4lb (-4)
    Week 3 : 12st 1.5 (-2.5)
    Week 4 : 11st 11.5 (-4)
    Week 5 : 11st 11.5 (0)
    Week 6 : 11st 7.5 (-4)
    Week 7 : 11st 9.5 (+2)
    Week 8 : 11st 10.5 (+1)
    Week 9 : 11st 5.5 (-5)
    Week 10 : 11st 3.5 (-2)
    Week 11 : 11st 2lb (-1.5)

As you can see I had a few dodgy weeks but joining this forum has helped me no end to keep on track and keep invisaging my goal (10st 6lb)... Thanks a million folks!!!! :):):)

That's really amazing. I'm at it a lot longer (since October) and losing way slower that that. You've gone up so rarely! Unfortunately I'm not nearly as good as that. I started out at 12st 9.5 and I'm only down to 11st 8 now. I've set myself a goal of -1.5lbs to -2lbs for the next 5 weeks in the lead up to my holidays but I'm really worried I won't hit it. You should be so proud of yourself though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Just started weight watchers yesterday, got a bit of a shock when i was weighed as I never weigh myself so I'm hoping this will work for me :)

I never thought WW would work for me because I'd been trying to lose weight for quite a while and the only time I suceeded was when I was dumped! :rolleyes: I couldn't figure out why all my attempts at weight loss wouldn't work. I tried going to the gym three times a week, eating very little, eating small meals, eating three square meals, eating what I wanted, everything. If you're the type who's shocked to find out the points in something then you're probably a bit like I was, thinking you were eating quite healthily but really you weren't. I just genuinely wasn't aware of how fattening certain things were. Then I went to WW and I kept telling myself that when I lost weight, it was a fluke because I was so used to failing when it came to trying to lose weight. Then my clothes started getting much looser and I started buying smaller sizes, so I finally accepted that it wasn't a fluke. It really is a good program but you have to be honest with yourself. I learned that I'm not fooling anyone except myself if I don't fill in my tracker or if I underpoint things and when you accept that it gets much easier.

Good luck with it and see if you can check in with this forum sometimes. I find it's a really good support.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

love this tread im into my second week of weightwatchers lost 7lb last week but i think that was mainly beacuse i had had water retion from my contreception and my doctor changed it when i told her i wanted to lose weight, my starting weight is 18st12lb. this is my third time on weight watchers and this time im staying because i have a goal, its my sisters wedding in aug 2011 and im her head bridesmaid so i want to look good for her in her pictures also we're doing it together so neither of us will lose our motivation because she wants to look amazing too anyway long story short thats me and this tread is so useful:o

layviae wrote: »
    love this tread im into my second week of weightwatchers lost 7lb last week but i think that was mainly beacuse i had had water retion from my contreception and my doctor changed it when i told her i wanted to lose weight, my starting weight is 18st12lb. this is my third time on weight watchers and this time im staying because i have a goal, its my sisters wedding in aug 2011 and im her head bridesmaid so i want to look good for her in her pictures also we're doing it together so neither of us will lose our motivation because she wants to look amazing too anyway long story short thats me and this tread is so useful:o

Don't put yourself down. 7lbs is great. I spent the first while thinking that any sucess I had was all outside factors too but you must have put some work in so give yourself credit! Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

I never thought WW would work for me because I'd been trying to lose weight for quite a while and the only time I suceeded was when I was dumped! :rolleyes: I couldn't figure out why all my attempts at weight loss wouldn't work. I tried going to the gym three times a week, eating very little, eating small meals, eating three square meals, eating what I wanted, everything. If you're the type who's shocked to find out the points in something then you're probably a bit like I was, thinking you were eating quite healthily but really you weren't. I just genuinely wasn't aware of how fattening certain things were. Then I went to WW and I kept telling myself that when I lost weight, it was a fluke because I was so used to failing when it came to trying to lose weight. Then my clothes started getting much looser and I started buying smaller sizes, so I finally accepted that it wasn't a fluke. It really is a good program but you have to be honest with yourself. I learned that I'm not fooling anyone except myself if I don't fill in my tracker or if I underpoint things and when you accept that it gets much easier.

Good luck with it and see if you can check in with this forum sometimes. I find it's a really good support.
    true words wednesdays girl!!!! i was goin to stop goin cas its only 2 weeks til my hols and then get back into it SERIOUSLY,someone on here said to go to meeting,i went yesterday was down .5lb,i know its not much i had`nt went previous week and week b4 i was only down .5lb too,but im glad i went and am much more focused 2day,thanks 2 whoever gave me the pust to go!!!sorry i can`t rem ur mame!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Weighed in on Thursday. 4 lbs down. Delighted. Hope to keep up the good work this week.

• Advertisement

I'm a bit annoyed today. I went out to dinner last to use a voucher that was almost out of date and for one of the first times ever, I decided to be really prepared. I printed out the menu of the place in advance and sat down with my WW Eat Out book and started to compare the points of some of the things on the menu.. except I couldn't really. Despite the book having pages on Thai and Japanese food, next to nothing on the menu was in the book. I knew the points of basic things like rice and noodles but I really had to guess so much stuff. Now I'm worried I'm going to be up and I spent half of dinner worrying about the points in what I was eating.. :mad: Normally I don't get annoyed because I'm to blame for going over but I really put effort in this time and it still didn't get me any closer to being able to stay within my points.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement