Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Thanks for the advice, folks.. It does make me feel a bit better. I resisted the urge to fall off the wagon completely, continued the jogging programme and stuck with the pointing.
    You're the best judge of your own body, so do you feel like you've gone up/you've gained weight? Or do you feel more toned? Although they say the scales don't lie, sometimes they do!

See, that's it - they're not lying. I have a pair of "Goal Pants" - jeans that had been in my wardrobe for 5 years but never worn because they were too small. I got into them about 3 weeks ago. I tried them on this week, they'd barely button. So I'm definitely feeling the extra weight!
    ULstudent wrote: »
    What happens is that when you do a lot more exercise one week - your body has gone into shock as it may not be used to it and thus your muscles will hold onto water for a few days to aid in recovery.

I'm hoping this is the reason. While I didn't do loads of exercise from a fit person's standpoint (3 half hour sessions of jogging and walking, one hour long walk), it's a lot for me. Not only that, I more ran than jogged on the first session, and I was really sore for two days afterwards. So I definitely overdid it that day.

I'm starting to feel like it's going down again. Slowly, but surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

yipee!

Went last night... down half a pound... thats 21lb since my restart 10 weeks ago... Really went overboard last weekend and was playing catch up for the rest of the week but just to see that minus sign :D:D:D

I have set myself a goal of 3lbs down next week so I'm sat here with my bottle of water and cherry tomatoes and carrots for snacking at my desk. Have meal plans set out and I'm going on a long walk this evening...(without the other half.... his intentions are good, he wants to support me by coming walking with me but ehhh... he's waaaaaaaaaay too slow! :D).

I'm very lucky because I have a huge beautiful park right around the corner from my house so its a shame not to use it more. AND with it being a pay week (THANK GOD!!! :D) I am filling my fridge, freezer and vegetable rack tomorrow!

NO EXCUSES this week.... I'm too close to my goal to mess things up now!

You lot are brilliant I must say. Everytime I consider falling off the wagon I log in here and it gives me the boost I need to keep going! Cheers folks!

onward and downward! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭StandardAngel

Got weighed yeaterday, was up 1.5lbs.
    Not bad considering i was in Turkey on my holidays last week so thought i would have put on more than that!
    Trying to get back on track now but this weekend is going to be hard, its my birthday today so going for a chinese tonight and then drinks all weekend!!

go and enjoy yourself....

Happy Birthday !!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Hi Guys

Havent been on here all week - so busy in work! Well done on all the weight losses its brillant.

I went to WI last nite and I was up 1.5lbs - not very happy but cant say im suprised either, went to eddie rockets on wed evening and cos im so busy with work i havent been able to get out for a walk as im too tired in the evening.

But Im just after reading through this thread and im off out on a walk now!

Keep up the good work people!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Bit of back story - always been prone to weight, joined WW when I was 16 and lost 2 stone, and after that always stayed around a 12 or so, moved to Dublin for college in Sept and am now an 18 :eek: This is like my zillionth time doing WW but this time I am determined!

So...Joined AGAIN on monday, only really got started yesterday as it was my anniversary on Wednesday but I joined anyway because if I didn't then I never would.

Weight scared me tbh, had MUCH more on than I thought and it really scared me, however it was the time of the month so I'm thinking that didn't help!

Joined the gym about a month ago and have been going to get my fitness up before I start the serious exercise, I couldn't walk the length of myself :p

I have 5st and 1lb to lose to get to my goal, it's scary as hell and very daunting however I'm determined to do it - I have a really pretty dress I bought about a year ago and never got to wear it so I want to wear it asap! I have zero willpower and am hoping you lovely ladies will help me stay on the wagon when I think it's too much!

Sorry for the long post! tl;dr? Basically I've just re-joined :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Smorganna

Hello all,

I just joined WW last Tuesday. I have approx 4.5st to lose. On the points system and finding my first week challenging but determined! Looking forward to your support.

Good luck everyone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lilybud

back from a really long walk. on week 11 and I'm 22lb down with about 10 to go. i have problems at the weekends though! everyone in my house does the whole fry (well grill) at weekends. what do u tink of this:

1 slice brown bread toast, 1 bacon (grilled) poached egg and mushrooms?

too much??

im determined to get rid of this weight before my holiday. Would ideally like to be within about 5lbs of goal when i go.. in 3 weeks.

any help would be really appreciated!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Not such a good week this week. Weighed in on Thursday and down 1lb. Kids off schoo, for the week so i didn't get out for a walk. Will have to come with a plan for during their summer holidays because i love the time to myself while i walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

What are ya talking about not a good week? You were down 1lb! That's great! That's the recommended loss for each week - slow & steady wins the race remember!

• Advertisement

Hi All,

I don't have my book to hand, can anyone tell me how many bonus points you get for a 30 minute brisk walk?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Hey guys,

Thought I'd rejoin the thread after a good few months of absentism. I've been back on WW for about 3/4 months now. I was still down a stone and 10 pounds when I rejoined. My stating weight was 16st 12 lbs, it was 15 st 1 lb when I rejoined. Got down to 14 st 10lbs but I've kinda faultered lately and now stand at 15st 4 lbs, having gained 2.5 in 2 weeks at my last WI.

But I'm determined to get down to 14st over the next couple of weeks while I'm home for the summer. Anything less would be a bonus. Like I said, I've moved home so joined a new local meeting and I don't like this leader as much as my previous one. She's lovely, but my first leader I guess will always hold a special place in my mind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Hi guys

Need some help - have been really bad yesterday eating rubbish and today - went out for a few drinks and had chipper on the way home not even hungry so I really need to pull this back by thurs!!!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

JOJOC123 wrote: »
    Hi guys

Need some help - have been really bad yesterday eating rubbish and today - went out for a few drinks and had chipper on the way home not even hungry so I really need to pull this back by thurs!!!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Simply put, if I've had a disaster of a weekend, I take away 4 points from my daily intake for the remainder of the week. I know for some, this isn't easy. I'm on 30 points a day, so I've a bit more leg room. If you can, reduce points by 1,2,3 or 4 points.

And if you have time, try to earn some activity points to help out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

Hi all :D

This is my second run at WW. Lost just over 2 stone last year, then left and gained a stone back. Went back a week and a half ago. Lost half a pound last week. I have about 8 or 9 stone to lose in total, and aiming to lose that by end of August 2011.

So in short, I'll be around here for quite some time :D

The very best of luck N!!!!!

Think I said this before, but I'll say it again:
    I follow WW points but don't attend the meetings.
    I am -1lb from last week, surprisingly.

Is it possible to be lighter after a feed of drink & ferrero rocher sweets?? Wouldn't have thought so, but tis what the scales are saying!!

Start weight: About 14st 5
    Current weight: 12st 7.
    Goal: 10st

Think I said this before, but I'll say it again:
    I follow WW points but don't attend the meetings.
    I am -1lb from last week, surprisingly.

Is it possible to be lighter after a feed of drink & ferrero rocher sweets?? Wouldn't have thought so, but tis what the scales are saying!!

Start weight: About 14st 5
    Current weight: 12st 7.
    Goal: 10st

Are you me? :o

I'm pretty much the same but haven't lost anything yet as I only started again last week.

WI tomorrow night, eek!

misslt wrote: »
    Are you me? :o

I'm pretty much the same but haven't lost anything yet as I only started again last week.

WI tomorrow night, eek!
    LOL good luck in WI! After eating dinner I don't think I'm 12st 7 anymore but what of it! :) Tee hee only another 1/2 stone to go until I'm in the 11s!!! Exciting!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Ick! Just bought some of those WeightWatchers Cheese Bites .... they taste like fart :( Yucky.

• Advertisement

LOL good luck in WI! After eating dinner I don't think I'm 12st 7 anymore but what of it! :) Tee hee only another 1/2 stone to go until I'm in the 11s!!! Exciting!! :D

Ohh god I think I put on about 20 stone at dinner time, but it was tasty.

Thats so good, I can't wait to get back down into the 12's even :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Good luck Nothing. Its good to have little aims to break it up if you're intending to stick to it long term. I joined in March and I've lost 1 and a half stone. I want to get to two stone by the end of the summer. Then I'm hoping to spend all winter losing another two stone so by summer 2011 I'll reach goal. But in the meantime I have little aims like the half stone mark/ silver sevens/ moving from one stone number to another/ 10% of original weight etc. It means I'm never more than 4/5 lbs away from another personal achievement. I wrote a list out and I tick them off as I go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Freckles..!

Absolutely dreading weigh-in at 10.30.
    I had a terrible week for food so I'm just praying I didn't put the weight back on!

I'll keep you posted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

dolliemix wrote: »
    Good luck Nothing. Its good to have little aims to break it up if you're intending to stick to it long term. I joined in March and I've lost 1 and a half stone. I want to get to two stone by the end of the summer. Then I'm hoping to spend all winter losing another two stone so by summer 2011 I'll reach goal. But in the meantime I have little aims like the half stone mark/ silver sevens/ moving from one stone number to another/ 10% of original weight etc. It means I'm never more than 4/5 lbs away from another personal achievement. I wrote a list out and I tick them off as I go.

:) thanks dolliemix, I have smaller goals too, love getting silver sevens lol

The bank holidays are always such a killer aren't they... I'm going away next Sunday (20th ) and I'm stuck just over the 11st mark so I am really trying to get into the tens before I go. Currently stand @ 11stone 1.5lb... been on 3 long brisk walks (about 1hour each) and have been Wii Fit-ing it too for 30 mins a day...the food is my killer.

Had a roast yesterday loadsa veg, 2 small roast potatoes, 2 yorkshire puddings and 2 slices of chicken breast... Feel like I went over board but had a late breakfast so I didn't eat much else for the day. God! i am so nervous... You would swear my leader was going to scold me the way I go on when I get near the scales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Wednesdays Girl

lilybud wrote: »
    back from a really long walk. on week 11 and I'm 22lb down with about 10 to go. i have problems at the weekends though! everyone in my house does the whole fry (well grill) at weekends. what do u tink of this:

1 slice brown bread toast, 1 bacon (grilled) poached egg and mushrooms?

too much??
    QUOTE]

If you have turkey bacon insteaed of regular you can have three of them for a point. I really like them, particularly the smoked ones.

Anybody else find the bank holiday so difficult?! Definitely wish I'd behaved myself more!

I was very dodgy on Friday and Saturday... Definitely over my points on Friday and I'd say just over on Saturday. Sunday I tried to get back on track and yesterday was the same. I'm not panicking as much as I did this time last week but I was still very very bold! Oh well.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Wednesdays Girl

ali85 wrote: »
    I was very dodgy on Friday and Saturday... Definitely over my points on Friday and I'd say just over on Saturday. Sunday I tried to get back on track and yesterday was the same. I'm not panicking as much as I did this time last week but I was still very very bold! Oh well.... :D

I kind of had a feck it weekend and now I'm in trouble I'd say.. Did a good bit of exercise on Saturday and kept moving a lot during the weekend but I still don't think it will be enough. Now I'm trying to claw it all back today and tomorrow! I will never learn!

i have wi on thursday evening so i'm really hoping I can claw something back. Fingers crossed.

I find lazy weekends are a killer for snacking. me and the other half brought the little one to the park on Sat for a picnic and I made them sambos (made myself a salad sambo on brown) and brought lots of crisps and fruit but I stuck to my sambo and the pink and whites...

Tescos have great variety in their light choices range. Got the mini fruit bites... they look like mini fig rolls but taste like Jam Tarts. they are only 1.5 points a bag.... really good when you need a sugar hit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Freckles..!

Phew! Down 1.5 pounds! I am delighted seen as I ate like a pig!
    Maybe the Mini marathon yesterday is what saved me!

Either way I'm gonna work super hard this week to make sure it doesn't catch up with me!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement