Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Wednesdays Girl

ali85 wrote: »
    i have wi on thursday evening so i'm really hoping I can claw something back. Fingers crossed.

I find lazy weekends are a killer for snacking. me and the other half brought the little one to the park on Sat for a picnic and I made them sambos (made myself a salad sambo on brown) and brought lots of crisps and fruit but I stuck to my sambo and the pink and whites...

Tescos have great variety in their light choices range. Got the mini fruit bites... they look like mini fig rolls but taste like Jam Tarts. they are only 1.5 points a bag.... really good when you need a sugar hit.

I have to agree. Tesco is really good for stuff like that. Unfortunately my local is Dunnes. Their salad dressing (Caesar I think) is really nice too, not like that flavourless gak that Weight Watchers do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 bettydavis

I haven't posted on here for a while with one thing or another, just back from my weigh in and I'm down 3.5lb, so delighted. My total weight loss so far is 12lb and tonight I got to my 5% weight loss target so it's all good. I still have another 5 stone to go but hey it didn't all go on overnight so it will take time but I'm going in the right direction:)

Good luck with the weigh ins this week !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

Well done on the losses, bettydavis and Freckles.

Have my WI in the morning, and one of my friends is starting tomorrow too, it'll be nice to have someone there that I know! :) Stayed on points this week (and a little under a few days), though not much exercise. *fingers crossed for loss*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I had 3.5lb off :)

Very pleased as I didn't really push myself this week, didn't think I'd do that well :)

Want to try for the 1/2 stone for next week, I know I can do it!

Well done everyone :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Just had my weigh-in ... I'm down 4.5 pounds! :D:D:D

I'm sooo happy with that, especially since I slipped up a bit over the bank holiday. Going to be really really good this week! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Just had my weigh-in ... I'm down 4.5 pounds! :D:D:D

I'm sooo happy with that, especially since I slipped up a bit over the bank holiday. Going to be really really good this week! :)
    VERY well done! That's fantastic! I've never lost that much in a week before! Keep up the great work :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Smorganna

Hello all and well done all on losing!!

Happy to say I've lost 3lbs in my first week. Fingers crossed for another good week. Will have to work really hard though. Must introduce some physical activity!!!

Good luck all :-)

Went to the gym this morning and am having my weetabix with banana for my breakfast..feeling very positive today! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Mother Teresa

Morning all!
    Some great losses well done everyone! I haven't been on in a while, still plugging away but for some reason can't shift anything despite some really good weeks, were I've been religiously weighing and pointing.
    I can't seem to shift a pound. Don't think its even a plateau! I'm a gold member, and I'm back trying to get to my goal, but can't shift that stubborn 5 pounds. In the last month my weight hasn't budged.And I'd only managed to loose 2lbs prior to that.
    Anyway, having done the mini marathon on Monday I've decided that I need to incorporate some exercise, so I've resolved to get walking 3-4 times a week in an effort to get the scales moving again.
    Wish me luck! And all the best to everyone for a good week ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

how sad am I? I am sat here working out my activity points for the last few days! Should probably be doing some work :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

Wooo! Lost 3.5lb this week. Overjoyed with it! Also, a couple of friends have joined up as of this morning, so it's good to have company at the meetings!

well done nothing!! that is brilliant! i have WI tonight... not looking forward to it but its my 2nd last WI before my hols so I'm giving myself the kick up the back side to go!!

you did so well!! fair play to you!!! :D

Wow. Well done everyone. That's amazing! I'm guaranteed to be up tonight but I know it's my own fault. I'm going to change from Wedneday to a new class on Thursday and see how it goes for me. My worst time is the weekend, so maybe having WI closer to the weekend, with more time to work during the week might suit me a lot better. That and I'm not crazy about my leader. She doesn't seem to notice when I've hit goals and forgot to give me a stone when I lost my first stone. *fingers crossed for finding a good class tonight*

I go to a class in Firhouse and it's brilliant... like that i have gone to classes where the leaders haven't been great. I went to one with my mam a few years ago and she basically said "follow everything I say and you can be skinny like me lardo's" it turned my mam straight off the whole WW thing.

I'm quite lucky, I go with my sister in law and we both have the same target (holiday next week... :D) so we support each other but the leader in the class is really good. After a few weeks she gets to know your name and your personal situation (kids, wedding, work situation) so she helps you work out what is best for you.

Bleugh.

Fallen off the wagon completely. I'm so annoyed at myself but I can't help it!

WI on Monday night so I'm gonna have to be extra extra good between here and then, lots of gym.

Grrr.

its so bloody easy it do isn't it?? I'm sick of being on the claw back... :(

aww it's ridiculous.

And I have minus willpower too, it's desperate!

I worked out that I have made almost 15 points this week from exercise but when I had a sneaky look on the scales last night (I know your're not supposed to but curiosity got the better of me...) nothing had moved... why??? because I'm a picker... I was so good!!! Now I'm getting back into the picking ways.... might be one piece of ham here, a bit of chicken there... extra slice of toast... sure I'll just have one sausage...

It's a killer! because my meals have been quite good... I get 20 points a day so I try not to go over 5 or 6 points for each meal then I have my few points for snacking in the evening or for saving for the weekends but it's the stupid picking that is getting to me...

:(

HAve WI this evening and I'm not looking forward to it!

It's the picking that gets me too!

Or I'll be really good for a few days then go and eat a dinner thats far too big :mad:

Its so silly isn't it... this forum is great though, makes you realise you are not the only person who feels like that and that you are completely normal!

I remember thinking that putting up weight was the be all and end all and I may aswell just give up, and I have given up .. PLENTLY of times, but I really feel now that putting up, although disheartening, isn't the end of the world and in reading everything on this forum, it gives you the kick up the backside that you need to get back on track and keep going...

I've never been this close to goal before and I know a lot of that is down to coming on here and having a read and a natter....

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

"follow everything I say and you can be skinny like me lardo's"

Lol!

I completely agree with you Ali. The best thing when you've gone off track is to just forget about it and start again. Life's too short to punish yourself with guilt. None of us our perfect. I wouldn't want to be perfect anyway! I'd die with the boredom! :D

Our leader said that the pickings can add up to a whole meal in points!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 amoppet

i've been in ww since mar 09 and managed to lose 3 and a half stone up to jun 09, now one year later i'm still the same and still attending ww, i need to lose another 3 stone but am so happy that i've managed to keep off the ones i already lost, normally by now i'd have them back on plus another one for good measure! i finally feel ready to make the final push and really commit myself to losing the final 3 now so here's hoping. i love this thread btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Weigh-in number 3 this evening. Down 1.5lbs. Other WI have been in the morning and leader told me there is up to 2lbs difference between morning and evening weight. Seems a bit of an exageration but I'm delighted either way. 6.5 so far so silver 7 next week? Here's hoping!

well done folks!!

WI tonight... down 2lbs!! :D that has me into the 10s for the first time since I was 18.... I'm delighted... but talk about JUST making the tens!! I'm currently... 10stone.... :D....13.5lb hahahaha!!! :D

so happy!! thanks a million for all the support on here... :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

jordata wrote: »
    Weigh-in number 3 this evening. Down 1.5lbs. Other WI have been in the morning and leader told me there is up to 2lbs difference between morning and evening weight. Seems a bit of an exageration but I'm delighted either way. 6.5 so far so silver 7 next week? Here's hoping!

Just half a pound away....Remember that every time you might be tempted during the week and you'll have a silver seven sticker by this time next week for sure. Well done on loss this week! 1.5 is a nice dint :)
    well done folks!!

WI tonight... down 2lbs!! :D that has me into the 10s for the first time since I was 18.... I'm delighted... but talk about JUST making the tens!! I'm currently... 10stone.... :D....13.5lb hahahaha!!! :D

so happy!! thanks a million for all the support on here... :D:D:D

That is so brilliant..... congratulations

Yayyy, well done everyone!!

We'll all be size 8's in no time :p

one more WI to holiday!!! :D

Had my chinese last night after WI, it's back on track now... :(

I'll be on here everyday (even more so! :D ) looking for support to keep up the momentum before I go away and when I get back...

I go to a class in Firhouse and it's brilliant... like that i have gone to classes where the leaders haven't been great. I went to one with my mam a few years ago and she basically said "follow everything I say and you can be skinny like me lardo's" it turned my mam straight off the whole WW thing.

I'm quite lucky, I go with my sister in law and we both have the same target (holiday next week... :D) so we support each other but the leader in the class is really good. After a few weeks she gets to know your name and your personal situation (kids, wedding, work situation) so she helps you work out what is best for you.

I'm actually delighted. I found a leader that's really supportive. It was my first time going to her and she was so lovely. I didn't go up or down, which I'm actually really happy with considering the week I had. She was lovely, she chatted to me for a little bit and for the first time ever, I was congratulated on my total weight loss. My other leader never did that! I'm definitely changing classes because I couldn't believe the difference in my mood after coming from class with her and class with my old leader. Also, her class was so interactive. My old leader usually just asked the people that she knew to comment during class, but yesterday she asked around the room for comments and suggestions. It was brilliant! So there's my happy thought for the day.. smile.gif

@ everyone - well done on doing so well for the bank holiday weekend. Ye all did brilliantly! Here's hoping for another good week for everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Hi guys

Had my WI last nite and STS thank god considering the week I had.

Just a quick question - is it taking anybody else a very long time to loose their weight???
    I joined just before xmas and im down 16lbs (I know 16lbs is a lot) but it just seems to be taking me a very long time to shift anymore:mad:
    It seems that I keep going up between 1.5lbs and down 3.5lbs the following couple of weeks!

Sorry for the rant but any replies would be much appreciated as im getting very frustrated with this.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

down 1 pound this week, was delighted because its my 2nd stone in WW but i was late so she just handed me my little stone at the end :( wanted the glory haha ahh well i wont be late to collect my 3rd one hopefully :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement