Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Well done Alpha! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

JOJOC123 wrote: »
    Hi guys

Had my WI last nite and STS thank god considering the week I had.

Just a quick question - is it taking anybody else a very long time to loose their weight???
    I joined just before xmas and im down 16lbs (I know 16lbs is a lot) but it just seems to be taking me a very long time to shift anymore:mad:
    It seems that I keep going up between 1.5lbs and down 3.5lbs the following couple of weeks!

Sorry for the rant but any replies would be much appreciated as im getting very frustrated with this.
    Thanks

hi all havent posted in a long while but have been lurking about reading how your all getting on. Your all doing fab keep it up!:D

im only 3lbs away from my ultimate goal now and hoping to get it within the next couple of weeks its been a long time coming as i have really struggled over the last few months with being up and down like a yo yo and not getting anywhere but after a chat with my leader things are getting back on track and im so close now i can smell the gold card:D:D:D:D

JOJOC- I have been working away at my weight loss since april09 so far i have lost a total of 36 of the 39lbs i need to lose! it has taken me since xmas to lose about 8 of those lbs with one thing or another going on!!!! and all of a sudden in the last few weeks it has been falling off. 16lbs is great going since xmas if you ask me i wouldnt worry about it too much but if you are have a chat with your leader about it if you feel you've got a bit stuck!thats what i did and now i hand my leader my tracker every week so she can check, if ive a bad week, what has gone wrong and then she gives great advice on what i can do to pull it back the next week.

everyone is different and weight loss comes easier to some than others. take your time with it and you'll get to your goal in your own time! I always say slow and steady wins the race anyway and really feel after many attempts at WW that this time becasue ive taken it slowly that i will keep it off this time round!!best of luck with it anyway;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 amoppet

Hi guys

Just a quick question - is it taking anybody else a very long time to loose their weight???
    I joined just before xmas and im down 16lbs (I know 16lbs is a lot) but it just seems to be taking me a very long time to shift anymore:mad:
    It seems that I keep going up between 1.5lbs and down 3.5lbs the following couple of weeks!

Sorry for the rant but any replies would be much appreciated as im getting very frustrated with this.
    Thanks
    yep it's taken me a long time to lose but it also took me a long time to put it on and actually do something about it once and for all, it's a bit of a cliche but if you lose patience with yourself you will actually end up back where you started, i've been doing this for over a year now and i've had a great life all the way thru, i haven't allowed it affect my social life, hols, occasions, i never go and don't eat or drink - i eat and drink everytime what i want and therefore i don't feel i'm missing out at all and i'm not being punished but i also accept that by doing that, it is going to take me longer to lose all that i need to..... but i can live with that once i'm not missing out.... i couldn't do this if i had to abstain or make excuses everytime i was around others.... it is the beauty of ww and in my mind it is the way it is always going to be from here on so it's also a lifestyle change, i eat on those occasions but afterwards i behave mostly...

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Thanks guys for the replies - I really appreciate it!

I know slow and steady wins the race and I must try to remember this!

Onwards and downwards guys and girls!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭StandardAngel

Was down 3 lbs on thursday, got my 10% sticker aswell :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Wednesdays Girl

Hi guys

Thanks

Hey there,

It's taking me forever too. I've lost 17lbs and I've been there almost a year. I'm hoping the slower I do it, the longer it will stay off. I know I didn't put it on overnight so I couldn't really expect to lose it overnight either. I do find it frustrating on occasion but I guess that's part of it. I suppose right now I'm just really looking forward to getting my next Silver 7, which happens when I lose 4lbs more so that's my motivation at the moment. That and my holidays! :D

Good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

I have my holiday this Sunday so my last WI is on Thursday. Hit the small goal I had set myself (hit the 10stone odds before I go away) but the weekend ONCE AGAIN!!! was a killer... At least Monday to Friday I have a routine but with lie in's, nights out, shopping, cleaning at weekends it's hard to stick to a particular routine.

Lately I have been trying the "brunch" option, as in, having a late breakfast, usually after my walk, if I manage one :D, then only having fruit until my dinner and something small in the evenings.

Sorry for moaning folks... just with my hols round the corner I feel myself slipping into holiday mode already! :(

ali85 wrote: »
    I have my holiday this Sunday so my last WI is on Thursday. Hit the small goal I had set myself (hit the 10stone odds before I go away) but the weekend ONCE AGAIN!!! was a killer... At least Monday to Friday I have a routine but with lie in's, nights out, shopping, cleaning at weekends it's hard to stick to a particular routine.

Lately I have been trying the "brunch" option, as in, having a late breakfast, usually after my walk, if I manage one :D, then only having fruit until my dinner and something small in the evenings.

Sorry for moaning folks... just with my hols round the corner I feel myself slipping into holiday mode already! :(

I totally understand where you're coming from! Weekends are always a write off for me. That's partly why I changed to a Thursday class. It gives me Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday to catch up. Although one thing I find about the weekends is I move more. I'm cleaning or doing the clothes or moving around the house or shopping, always on my feet. My job is quite sedentary during the week so I find I actually do more exercise at weekends. Now there's no way that what I do is enough to counteract my weekend of overdoing it, but it's a step. Then I'm just way more strict during the week and lately at WI, I've found that that's balanced my bad weekends by accident almost! I'm going to test the theory for a few more weeks and see if I continue losing weight while enjoying my weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Mother Teresa

Yeay! After moaning last week about being stuck at the same place for ages, I finally followed through on my threat to start walking! I was out 4 times over the week, 2 short half hour walks, 2 good solid hour walks, all at fast pace, and finally the scales moved! Down 2.5:D
    Its times like this I'm so glad that we don't give up, and write off the program. Even though staying the same is beter than puttin on its very de-motivating, but I dread to think where I'd be if I'd thrown in the towel! Hopefully, its the start of things to come, and I've really enjoyed getting out and about!
    Best wishes to all who've to weigh in this week!

Yeay! After moaning last week about being stuck at the same place for ages, I finally followed through on my threat to start walking! I was out 4 times over the week, 2 short half hour walks, 2 good solid hour walks, all at fast pace, and finally the scales moved! Down 2.5:D
    Its times like this I'm so glad that we don't give up, and write off the program. Even though staying the same is beter than puttin on its very de-motivating, but I dread to think where I'd be if I'd thrown in the towel! Hopefully, its the start of things to come, and I've really enjoyed getting out and about!
    Best wishes to all who've to weigh in this week!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! I'd say you are thrilled!!! Well done!!! It's great when the scales start showing all your good work!! Fair play!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Hooray! Yay yay yay! Down 2.5lb.. Did I mention I'm excited? :D That's 40lb in total, 4lb away from goal! I'm at the goal I initially set myself before I decided to modify it ever so slightly ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Hi All,

I am 1 pound of ww goal (though ill probably have put up a couple of pound due to my holiers)

How does it work when I get to goal though? I would probably like to lose somewhere between 3-6 more pound once I get there,but I dont really want to change my goal as I want that gold card!

If I reach goal and then stay there for 3 weeks, can i still keep my gold card if i continue to go a bit below?

Any advice appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Mother Teresa

Morning! Great results and congratulations to both of you on hitting your goals! Thats a fantastic achievement so enjoy it!
    Similarly, I wanted my personal goal weight to be slightly lower than the WW goal weight, by 2-3 lbs. So now you have reached your goal, you're on the maintence plan for 3 weeks. Basically, this is to play arund with your points to see how much/little you can increase by.
    Eg week one on maintence they suggest increasing your points by 6 per day. If you weigh in and you've gained or lost, your leader will suggest either lowering or increasing your points. So you are not expected to stay static its more to assess how many points you can have without gaining!Once you get your goal card, then your weight can fluctuate either + or - 5lbs over your goal weight.
    I've never gone more than 5 under :p so I don't know if they expect you to pay , but if you go 5 over your goal, you start paying until your back within the 5lb range.
    Its trial and error, but you've done all the hard work! Well done!

Does anybody know if it's possible to change your goal weight? I feel like my "goal weight" is too low for me and my body shape. I feel like this because I've been at my goal weight before and so many of my friends have commented that I look bony rather than good in the pictures.

Does anybody know if it's possible to change your goal weight? I feel like my "goal weight" is too low for me and my body shape. I feel like this because I've been at my goal weight before and so many of my friends have commented that I look bony rather than good in the pictures.

You can change your goal. I am 5'8", my goal back in 2002 (last time I hit it!!) was 10st 7lb. I looked fine from the neck down but it really didn't suit my face, so I told her I'm aiming higher. I was going for 11st (where I am now :D ), she suggested 10st 10lb. I'm going for that, but if I don't like how it looks, I'm coming back up here!

Ok great. Do you know if I can still get Gold membership if I alter my goal weight? That's what I'm aiming for in the long run and I'd hate to think I couldn't get it because my goal weight wasn't suitable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 wallygreengiant

Hey,

I just came across this thread today. Im thinking of joining WW for the summer, but im unsure about it really.

Im 5'10" and at the moment im about 12 and a half stone maybe a bit more. I tend to carry alot of my weight around my stomach and thighs. So thats kinda where I want to work at and lose it from there.

I only want to lose a stone or abit more at max. I joined curves a few years ago it worked wonders for me I lost 21 pounds and was really happy with my figure, since then though typical girl stuff happened....got dumped turned to food and now im back up to my weight when I started!!

So im going to start again! Does WW work for ye?? Do ye see results? Is it hard to stick to the points system?

Also im a student so I dont have much money either so is it expensive???

Any comments greatly appreciated!!

Ok great. Do you knoe if I can still get Gold membership if I alter my goal weight? That's what I'm aiming for in the long run and I'd hate to think I couldn't get it because my goal weight wasn't suitable.

As far as I know, as long as the goal weight is in your healthy BMI range, it's all good. I could be wrong!

When I started my goal weight was 10st 6.5lbs... just last week I changed it to 10stone flat.

Gives me 13.5lb to goal...

The BMI doesn't really bother me, to me it's more about how my clothes fit and how good I feel...

Thanks for that. I just really wasn't sure and I was worried I'd be put in a weight category that really didn't suit me in order to get Gold membership. See I'm 5' 4" ish which means my goal weight for a good BMI was 9st 10lbs. I know from experience that that weight doesn't suit me and my frame. I've always been very top heavy (I'm a G cup), which accounts for a lot of my weight and I'm also just heavier than I look, whether that's heavier bones or from muscle from playing sport or because I'm just some sort of freak of nature. I never particularly rated BMI because I don't think it's an accurate way to measure and I'd be happy just being back to a size 10 with a healthy body fat percentage. Anyway, thanks Quackles and Ali, you've definitely put my mind at ease.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 amoppet

Hey,

So im going to start again! Does WW work for ye?? Do ye see results? Is it hard to stick to the points system?

Also im a student so I dont have much money either so is it expensive???

Any comments greatly appreciated!!

it does work and is great for focusing the mind and making you aware of what you are munching, it's not hard once you have a routine going but yes if you vary from it sometimes it's hard to regain the momentum....... i paid €20 to join and then €10 a week after that, i used to spend a lot more on choc!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Happier

Following on from starting my food diary; today I joined WeightWatchers!

My major motivation is eating healthily, I'm hoping that counting points will help me make good decisions and that I'll start to see results soon.

The meeting was gas, I had no idea what to expect but am very glad I did it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 passoto

Hi,

I hope its ok to hop on the bandwagon and join in on this thread! I joined WW last Monday. I've started WW many times before but become too impatient and went back to usual patterns. This time Im giving myself a longer time to achieve my goal weight so as not to get disheartened. so im 5ft 5/6" and weighed in at 10st 13lb on monday and I would like to get to 9st 12lb by Christmas which is hopefully realistic enough! so would like to join this thread-i need all the motivation to keep going as possible and be great to join in.
    Good luck to everyone and lets do great this week!

Thanks for that. I just really wasn't sure and I was worried I'd be put in a weight category that really didn't suit me in order to get Gold membership. See I'm 5' 4" ish which means my goal weight for a good BMI was 9st 10lbs. I know from experience that that weight doesn't suit me and my frame. I've always been very top heavy (I'm a G cup), which accounts for a lot of my weight and I'm also just heavier than I look, whether that's heavier bones or from muscle from playing sport or because I'm just some sort of freak of nature. I never particularly rated BMI because I don't think it's an accurate way to measure and I'd be happy just being back to a size 10 with a healthy body fat percentage. Anyway, thanks Quackles and Ali, you've definitely put my mind at ease.

I'm the same height as you... and bigger on top like you too (Double E) although how I kept them this time is a miracle!!! Last time I lost my weight (from 15st to 12st) my top half went to a C cup... was very strange as I hadn't been a C cup since I was 15 hahaha!

Have WI tonight... really dreading it! But last one before hols so I really want to go... I'm just afraid that I will have put up even 0.5lb coz that will mean I'm back up to the 11's when I made such a big fuss last week of hitting the 10's.....

ali85 wrote: »
    I'm the same height as you... and bigger on top like you too (Double E) although how I kept them this time is a miracle!!! Last time I lost my weight (from 15st to 12st) my top half went to a C cup... was very strange as I hadn't been a C cup since I was 15 hahaha!

Have WI tonight... really dreading it! But last one before hols so I really want to go... I'm just afraid that I will have put up even 0.5lb coz that will mean I'm back up to the 11's when I made such a big fuss last week of hitting the 10's.....

I know what you mean! I haven't gone down a cup size or lost any weight from them. I lost some from my back alright, which means I'm back down to a 34". I actually don't understand it because I thought it would be the first place I'd lose it!

As for tonight you'll be grand! I'm really hoping to be down too and get myself back on track for my holidays! And besides if ya can go into the 10s once, you can get there again and lower.. Good luck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭StandardAngel

Another 2 lbs gone :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Another 2 lbs gone :):)

Me too. I lost 1kg (just over 2lbs) this week. Very pleased :)

Well done on your loss!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Bedhead

Hi all,

Was doing WW about this time last year and got distracted by life. Re-joined again last Thurs. My first weigh-in is today and am strangely nervous which seems ridiculous! My other half said he would keep me company on the points end of things (not the meetings!). He is very very loosely following the points structure and he lost 2.5 pounds this week so am hoping that I will also lose. I didn't stick to the 18 every day but spread them around depending on the day as I knew I was going out on Sat night and wanted to have a few drinks without going over the total points for the week. Hope that doesn't affect it! I'm 10 stone 10 pounds (or at least I was last wk) and my target weight is 9 stone 4 pounds so that is 20 pounds to lose;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Down 0.5 pound this week. Delighted after my week of high living Tuscany!

0.5 pound to goal- but will probably push for another 3-6 after this :)

Off (hopefully) wedding dress buying this weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Hi everybody

Well after all my giving out and moaning this week I was down 1lb:D:D couldnt believe it to be honest with you, was sure I was going to be up!!

So going work extra hard this week so it doesnt catch up on me!

Well done everyone on the losses

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement