Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fatewatchers

Hi folks,

Lost 4lbs at WW tonight which means - hurrah - that I've lost exactly 5 stone since January. Delightedto get to five stone, feels like a real milestone! Only another 3/4 stone to go!!!

Am on placement now and long shifts etc... just hope it doesn't play havoc with my WW journey. I am beyond determined to shift this weight though, getting to the five stone loss has given me a huge boost but I will keep going :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

down 2 this week woo, going away for 5 days so ill be expecting to be up for the first time :) ahh well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Mother Teresa

Well done on all the losses! But in particular, Fatewatchers, you are so committed and inspirational! Its great to see everyone getting closer to their targets! And the best thing is, no one can do it for us, so we should take a minute every now and then to take credit for our successes and making positive changes in our lives! Go us!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Wednesdays Girl

I've never been so disheartened after a WI. I almost cried. I put on 2.5lbs this week. I fully accept part of it was my fault because I'd abandonned all tracking at the weekend but I thought it would have balanced because I'd really tried to up my exercise. I just fell like all the good work I did in the last 2 weeks has been completely undone by one week. There goes my holiday goal :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 passoto

Hi everyone!
    Just posting to keep the momentum up on a Friday night (ie takeaway and chocolate usually!) nearly one week down and still doing good so hopefully will stick with it over the weekend!
    Well done to everyone but fatewatchers oh my god congratulations, my hat goes off to you!
    bring on the inspiration!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Had my WI on Thursday morning and was down another 2.5 lbs - delighted. Have promised myself a mani-ped when i lost 1/2 stone so that'll be a nice treat. Congratulations to you all on your losses!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nicearbhaill

Hi ya

just saw this site and obviously I am way behind the times. Lookin for some advice please. Been on the WW for years. Originally weighed nearly 15 stone and now I'm down to around 10 stone 4 pounds (I'm about 5 4 in height). I wanna keep going until I reach a healther weight but my weight loss is much slower these days. My question is hormone related. For 2 weeks every month I bloat up and I feel huge and awful. I have never been able to lose any weight for the 2 weeks before period. Is there anything I can do about this?. I take some supplements to help but nothing I have found so far can counteract the bloating. I've been checked out and there is nothing abnormal about my hormones but maybe someone else has this problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 amoppet

this weather is great motivation, been out and about all day so no temptation to snack and plenty exercise too, wish it was sunny all the time everything seems so much easier then and no lounging in front of the telly, i've kept the gardening till tomorrow so i have something other than food to focus on and hopefully it'll be another great day:D

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

well done to every one!havn`t been on 4 awhile,was in turkey 4 a week,back last sun,it didn`t do the damage,it was back 2 work mon and eatin since!was up 4.5lbs on thurs!!!!!!! im .5lb heavier than i was in jan!!!!****!****!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭lly

Hi all

Well I joined WW again last week.... I tried at the beginning of the year but with college and work I didnt get into it. I really want to lose weight this time and get to a healthy size....

Well done to fatewatchers on your loss....you have done fantastic... Well done to everyone else too. This thread is good for motivation....

Well I am trying to be good, had a few meals out this week but think I managed to not go to far above points. I have my weigh in on Tuesday so fingers crossed I will do ok

Look forward to chatting to you all and see how everyone is getting on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Bedhead

Had my WI last Thurs and was down 2.5 pounds. Was not really happy though - think I had it in my head that I would be down a lot more which is ridiculous. Have adjusted my expectations now and also been so careful about tracking this week.

Have my next WI Thurs so looking forward to that - hoping to be down 1 pd/1.5 pds. So glad the weather is like this, makes it so much easier to get out for a walk/cycle in the evenings! Really want to hit the 10 stone mark by the end of July;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Up 2lb this week :eek: I'm ok with that, though - it's not a mystery where it came from, I baked strawberry cupcakes at the weekend and had a birthday party for my son. I honestly don't mind going up as long as I see where it came from and can pull myself back again - this is a marathon, not a sprint :)

I was play moaning about it to my husband, I felt bloated and he asked how weigh in went, so I said "Up two pounds, I feel fat"... Well, the birthday boy turns around and says "That's because you ARE fat, mammy!". Looks to me like Smyths will be seeing some returns today :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Quackles wrote: »
    Looks to me like Smyths will be seeing some returns today :D
    lol - I like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭lly

Well first week done and I lost 3 pounds... Pretty happy with it, although I know we always hope for a very high first week losst.

As Quackles said.... its a Marathon not a sprint, and at least I have started now

Good luck with everyone else with their weigh ins this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭MonkeySocks24

2nd week off attending WW classes! Weigh In this morning and I am down 6 and a 1/2lb!! Over the moan!! yay! Got a clap and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

After a 3lb gain last week I had a 3lb loss this week!!! Thrilled! It's my second biggest loss ever since starting back in September. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 amoppet

ok a little disappointed this week, lost 1lb which is a good thing i know, but i've had a very busy and stressful week and i know i've not used up all my points everyday so between less food and more moving around i felt like i had lost more than that..... i know once before when i had someone is hospital belonging to me i was so stressed i barely ate for the week and went up 1lb..... can stress cause you to hold on to/put on weight???? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

amoppet wrote: »
    ok a little disappointed this week, lost 1lb which is a good thing i know, but i've had a very busy and stressful week and i know i've not used up all my points everyday so between less food and more moving around i felt like i had lost more than that..... i know once before when i had someone is hospital belonging to me i was so stressed i barely ate for the week and went up 1lb..... can stress cause you to hold on to/put on weight???? :confused:

I don't know about stress, but not eating enough can certainly make you hold on to weight. If you're not eating enough, your body tries to hold on to what it is getting in self preservation. Anyway, 1lb is a really respectable loss, and you should be delighted with yourself :) Hopefully your stressful situation is under control and you'll reap rewards this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

amoppet wrote: »
    ok a little disappointed this week, lost 1lb which is a good thing i know,

If you're disappointed with losing a pound I advise weighing out 1lb of something and seeing how much it actually is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

I totally agree that not eating enough - ie not using all your points - can actually slow down your loss.

I rejoined this year and have been very sucessful - having now lost 15.5 lb in 10 weigh-ins .. and would have to say I am delighted with myself. The only week I had a zero loss I know I did not eat all my points - and had a great loss the following week when I actually stepped up the eating!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Hoggs

Hi all am joining here for the first time. I rejoined WW 2weeks ago having put on a lot of weight while away in Australia. I'm a gold card holder but have always struggled with my diet. My goal is 10st5lbs but weighed in at 13st 3lbs.:eek: Shock and horror thought was about 12 and a half only. Anyway stuck to my points (18) walked most days and lost 9lbs. :):) Delighted. Continued the same for this week and weighed in this morning with 2 more off.
    I've been eating every 3 to 4 hours and find that this works for me and have been told that this speeds up your metabolism, has anyone else got any views on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

been on WW for 10 weeks and i went away this week for only 5 days, i put on 2.5 pounds and its the only time i have ever gained and not lost, i knew i would but its really hard to get back motivated

should i eat a little less this week and exercise more to quickly lose the weight or should i just continue back as normal ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

alpha2010 wrote: »
    been on WW for 10 weeks and i went away this week for only 5 days, i put on 2.5 pounds and its the only time i have ever gained and not lost, i knew i would but its really hard to get back motivated

should i eat a little less this week and exercise more to quickly lose the weight or should i just continue back as normal ??

If I were you I'd continue as normal but make an extra effort to stick to your points and do some exercise. You went a bit mad when you were away, it happened and you can't undo it. All you can do is keep on trucking and get back in to it. Gains are very demoralising but they happen to everyone and you just have to be positive about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Another good week. 2.5lbs down at yesterday's weigh in. Delighted:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Hey everyone!
    I don't call in here all that often but just thought I'd share my news!

I started losing weight by myself in April last year. I lost a stone and a half and then joined WW in August.

My start weight in April was 16 stone, and last night I got to my target weight at WW of 10 stone! :)

Just thought I'd share that news with ye all because I know WW can be hard, and it's a tough journey, but it's soooo worth it in the end! xxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

wow ... well done doctorwhogirl. That is fantastic - you must feel great! I bet clothes shopping is a joy for you now. That is simply terrific!

down 1lb on thurs nite!!

wow! thats all i can say,well done!

hollyhock wrote: »
    wow! thats all i can say,well done!
    i meant that for monkeysocks!!:)

• Advertisement

Hey everyone!
    I don't call in here all that often but just thought I'd share my news!

I started losing weight by myself in April last year. I lost a stone and a half and then joined WW in August.

My start weight in April was 16 stone, and last night I got to my target weight at WW of 10 stone! :)

Just thought I'd share that news with ye all because I know WW can be hard, and it's a tough journey, but it's soooo worth it in the end! xxxx
    well,fair dues to you,that is brilliant!i had lost 4lbs from jan this year!!!!!!skipped a week,was up 4.5lbs after hols,thurs i was down 1lb,so hopefully it`ll continue,how do you keep motivated????

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement