Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭lly

Well done Doctorwhogirl... Its great to hear about the success stories.

You must be delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Hi Guys

Well done Doctorwho girl - fair play to u!!

I went to my WI on Thursday and was down 1lb, yipeeee and I got my 10% sticker was delighted with myself.

Congrats to all the losers this week keep up the good work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Freckles..!

Hey! Just back from a holiday so am dreading WI on Monday! Didn't tell them I was going on holiday does that matter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

Didn't tell them I was going on holiday does that matter?

no you dont have to tell them well i didnt say it to them and they never said anything to me because it was my only that week i had missed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭FatGirlSlim

Hey All,

After losing 54lbs myself I'm going to try WW again as I'm not disiplined enough following my own cals. I went from 13st 7 to 9st 4 with WW before but then went back and ended up at 18st 3 which I was at the start of last August. Now at 14st 5 I just want a kick up the bum to get things moving a bit faster so hope WW will be the right way to go!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Wednesdays Girl

Down 3lbs at WI and I'm feeling really motivated again. It's the biggest loss I've had in ages, although I think part of it is to do with TOTM the week before. Here's hoping this week goes well!

alpha2010 wrote: »
    been on WW for 10 weeks and i went away this week for only 5 days, i put on 2.5 pounds and its the only time i have ever gained and not lost, i knew i would but its really hard to get back motivated

should i eat a little less this week and exercise more to quickly lose the weight or should i just continue back as normal ??

Hey Alpha. I really wanted to comment on this post because I gained 2.5lbs last week, posted about it and nobody commented. That made me feel even worse about it and even less supported. I went down 3 this week and I did it by going back to what I normally do. I returned to my usual routine this week, put a little extra exercise in and went straight back down. With me weight that's put on fast, disappears fast again. Also, consider other factors like TOTM, what you were wearing, etc. because those can turn a small gain into a much bigger one!

Good luck this week and just remeber why you're doing what you are :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Freckles..!

Well done Wednesdays Girl on getting the weight back down. I went to WI this morning and was up 3.5 pounds from my holiday which is crappy but I braced myself for much more so I guess I just have to try super hard this week!

Well done Wednesdays Girl on getting the weight back down. I went to WI this morning and was up 3.5 pounds from my holiday which is crappy but I braced myself for much more so I guess I just have to try super hard this week!

Thanks.. :)

You'll get it back off no bother.. like I was saying to Alpha, just believe quick on, quick off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Got my very first Silver Seven tonight! :D

That's one down, fairly quickly and painlessly. Three more to go, I've a feeling they'll be a lot tougher, but I'll get there!

Me = happy bunny tonight! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Well done everyone.

Wednesday Girl. I completely agree with you. If you can catch the weight gain early and get back on track immediately its likely to come off quickly too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

Well done everyone. Especally those of you who gained but still attended the meetings. I think the worst you can do when you know your going to be up (and we always know it!) is not go.

I can't attend my meeting this week, so no recorded weight loss for me. But i have got my walk in this morning and am drinking lots of water lately..... so feeling confident for next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭gaoife

Hi Everyone

Well done on all the losses n hopefully any gains will disappear next week ;)

I'm freaking out about tomorrow!! BIG TIME
    I had a mad weekend with pirthday parties and a christening and i just feel like i've gained loads, trying to be extra good to pull back but i think a time machine will be the only thing that could help me now.
    Gonna just go tomorrow and suck it up then start all over again.

Good Luck this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

Gaoife I love the time machine idea!! Although if there was one I'd probably spend my life living 1 week over and over again as I can never seem to do a perfect WW week ;)

Joined WW again week before last. Seriously it is was like my 29th time to join or something - God loves a tryer :D

So lost 3.5lbs in the 1st week and ate rings around me for 2 days (always my problem staying motivated and thinking I'm great having lost a few pound)

Weigh in again on Thursday so trying to pull it back big time.
    By the way all I have 4 stone to lose :( Gave up smoking though so every cloud...

dubsgirl wrote: »
    Gaoife I love the time machine idea!! Although if there was one I'd probably spend my life living 1 week over and over again as I can never seem to do a perfect WW week ;)

Joined WW again week before last. Seriously it is was like my 29th time to join or something - God loves a tryer :D

So lost 3.5lbs in the 1st week and ate rings around me for 2 days (always my problem staying motivated and thinking I'm great having lost a few pound)

Weigh in again on Thursday so trying to pull it back big time.
    By the way all I have 4 stone to lose :( Gave up smoking though so every cloud...

Dubs girls - great to see you back. I've started weight watchers about 29 times too! I gave up smoking on January 1st (still off them...so proud). I started the Couch 2 5k program at the beginning of Feb. And on the 3rd of MArch I went back to WW yet again! I had 4 stone to lose back then. Its nearly JUly now and I've lost 2 stone and I'm running three times a week. I'm taking a break for July cos I'm going on holidays but when I come back in August I'm aiming to lose the other 2 stone by this time next year. I really believe this time next year I'll be near enough or at goal. I reckon we'll be in this journey together! Well done on giving up smoking - that has been my greatest achievement. Infact, I only started ww in march because I felt like will power must be at an all time high if I hadn't smoked in two months. I guess if you tell yourself that enough times it works!

Anyway, your post really hit me because you're just like me! (But I know we've me before on various boards threads) Good luck and keep us posted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 time_for_action

hi all.. Its been a while since i was last on here. I havent fallen off the wagon just no internet access..
    ive lost 1stone and 2 lbs since i started ww in april. its a slow process. i have lost every week bar last week when i put on 2lb:eek: i was horified... did nothing hugely different from other weeks. could someone inform me is it the week before TOTM or week of it that could influence scales. my weigh in was on thurs and my friend came sunday. would this affect it. please say it would. i could have cried.
    everyone is doing so well. keep up the good work. hopefully il get regular internet access soon:D

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sinny65

Down 1lb today - Wooohooo! Only 7lbs to target! Girls don't give up if you gain, its been a slow process for me since feb where I've been up and down but now have a stone gone, stick with it , it really does work! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Down half a lb... Meh... It's better than up, I guess... Just not much :D 5.5 to go! Onwards and downwards!

Well done dolliemix and dubsgirl on giving up smoking, i wish i could do this!!
    I only smoke when drinking and can go weeks without one but the motivation disappears as soon as a drink hits my lips.

You should be very proud :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

time-for-action .... I would say that TOTM could very well have been the answer to your gain... just stick with the program and it will be gone again..dont worry!

I dont know what is wrong with me. Cant seem to keep on track these past very days. Have been off work for a few days, and made a yummy chocolate orange cake for my daughters birthday (and feel like i will feel safer when its all gone!). Back to work tommorow so that should help.

• Advertisement

well im totally shocked because im down 5 pound this week, i worked very hard because last week i was up 2 due to my holiday, delighted now and as a treat i had eddie rockets ha :)

time-for-action .... I would say that TOTM could very well have been the answer to your gain... just stick with the program and it will be gone again..dont worry!

I dont know what is wrong with me. Cant seem to keep on track these past very days. Have been off work for a few days, and made a yummy chocolate orange cake for my daughters birthday (and feel like i will feel safer when its all gone!). Back to work tommorow so that should help.

Routine can help so take advantage of it! I want that Chocolate O
    well im totally shocked because im down 5 pound this week, i worked very hard because last week i was up 2 due to my holiday, delighted now and as a treat i had eddie rockets ha :)

Amazing - well done!

thanks dolliemix :)

just wondering about the new wraps in mc donalds, dying to taste one, I know the main wrap that they do in mc donalds is 6 but im wondering if the new ones are different, does anyone know? I cant find the nutritional info on their website :)

Well done alpha, im trying to be super hard on myself this week and get things back on track after a gain of 1 last night, please let me know how you managed to lose 5lbs? :)

Well done Alpha! Hard work totally paying off. I'm really delighted for ya.

Quackles wrote: »
    Down half a lb... Meh... It's better than up, I guess... Just not much :D 5.5 to go! Onwards and downwards!

I'm down a half too. I kinda of think the slower the better. I only gained a half pound when I went to the States for 2 weeks and I abandonned all forms of tracking! I'm hoping it will be the same for my holidays next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

Dolliemix - great to hear from you again!! Delighted to see your still off the smokes and doing so well. I gave up a few weeks after you. Can't believe you have lost 2 stone as well - I have put on 2 stone :eek:

But onwards and downwards as they say. Back into the WW programme now and feeling good 2nd weigh in today will be happy enough with a 1lb loss to be honest because I wasn't great at the weekend...

Have started the C25K programme about 8 times - I'm a great starter :D the only thing I kept at was the no smoking which I suppose was the most important thing then but now this weight has to come off I am so sick of it.

Alpha - down 5lbs in 1 week wow!! I want to read everything you did for that week - well maybe not everything :D

Just discovered last night that Tayto multipack crisps are only 2 points!! I always though they were 4 I was delighted :D

dubsgirl wrote: »
    Alpha - down 5lbs in 1 week wow!! I want to read everything you did for that week - well maybe not everything :D

haha I dont know how I did it myself, I was totally shocked when she told me, I thought I might have lost just the 2 pound that I had put on last week

well I decided to get off my lazy ass and walk everyday for 45mins, thats all I did exercise wise and for my food, I done the fast start so all I had was my 3 meals a day, I didn't deprive myself and funny enough I had my treat and all with that, I went to the movies and went for some eddie rockets after, its my addiction

for myself, I have a feeling the reason why I lost more than I usually would was because of my OH, he decided to go back on a diet and it was great for me, because when he makes something greesy or orders chiper or w/e, I always have to have that one or two bites but this week he was eating the same meals as me and we both walked together so im delighted that we're doing it together :) and he lost the same as me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

I'm down a half too. I kinda of think the slower the better. I only gained a half pound when I went to the States for 2 weeks and I abandonned all forms of tracking! I'm hoping it will be the same for my holidays next week :)
    Yowza, I thought I did well when I only put on 3lb after my week in NY/Boston. Dammit, the food was sooooo good, it was worth every ounce :D Fingers crossed for next week, but if you get 'value' for gained weight (ie, a good holiday with no worrying about WW), then a little is no harm imho!

• Advertisement

Quackles wrote: »
    Yowza, I thought I did well when I only put on 3lb after my week in NY/Boston. Dammit, the food was sooooo good, it was worth every ounce :D Fingers crossed for next week, but if you get 'value' for gained weight (ie, a good holiday with no worrying about WW), then a little is no harm imho!

Yeah I guess I never thought about a value being attached to just enjoying the week! I wonder if I'll feel like that getting up on the scales in 2 weeks time!!! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement