Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭MonkeySocks24

down 1/2lb on this weeks weigh in. Happy with a loss but kinda annoyed cause stuck to my points. Dunno why such a little loss!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Down a pound this week and got to goal :)

I'm on maintenance now but still hoping to lose another few pound.

Still 30.5 down in 5 months so I'm delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Thumpette wrote: »

Thats fantastic Thumpette. Well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

I'm thinking of leaving WW and just doing it on my own because tbh I feel its a waste of money because she does the same thing every week and tbh I weigh myself the night before so I already know how much I have lost or gained

yesterday I was at the meeting and she just kept going on about the same stuff, she gives us no information at all I think I have gotten what I need from it but still gonna stick to my points and still do everything the same, I'm gonna stick around here because I get more advice here than I was at WW

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

alpha2010 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of leaving WW and just doing it on my own because tbh I feel its a waste of money because she does the same thing every week and tbh I weigh myself the night before so I already know how much I have lost or gained

yesterday I was at the meeting and she just kept going on about the same stuff, she gives us no information at all I think I have gotten what I need from it but still gonna stick to my points and still do everything the same, I'm gonna stick around here because I get more advice here than I was at WW

Yeah sounds like you might be right to do that... There is nothing worse than paying to listen to someone every week that you don't value at all!

Luckily the leader in the WW I go to is really good and there is a lot of class participation so you can pick up a lot of tips... I'll post them on here for you anytime I get them anyway ;)

Maybe there is another meeting somwhere near you with a different leader?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fatewatchers

Hi folks,

Had WI tonight, was down 3.5lbs which I was chuffed with.

73.5lbs (5 stone 3.5lbs) lost in total so far, weeee!!!

Amazing result fatewatchers! You're powering along!

Hi folks,

Had WI tonight, was down 3.5lbs which I was chuffed with.

73.5lbs (5 stone 3.5lbs) lost in total so far, weeee!!!

Super! You're doing so well. You must be noticing so many changes in every way since five months ago

Well done! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fatewatchers

Thanks folks, it's great to get support!

Dollie, I do feel so much more content in myself. I can look in the mirror and see how well I'm doing, that I've lost a hell of a lot of weight. However, I have a major problem with my teeth. I am missing a front tooth and have a very large very visible cavity on the other front tooth..... I am embarrassed to smile, my teeth are in rag order and I feel as though losing five stone is great and all but I can't smile unless I keep my mouth shut, when I'm talking to people I tend to keep my mouth as closed over as possible. I feel so stupid, but I was so depressed for years over my weight and stuff (and also drank Coke galore, smoked loads of cigarettes etc) that I really neglected my teeth and now it is too late to do anything about it. I've been looking into the cost of going abroad for dentistry but.... it is just too much money for a student single mum! The Medical Card doesn't cover "cosmetic" dentistry to the extent that I need it.... I feel so awful that I've let them go this bad and I honest to God just feel ugly, on account of the teeth.

Hate feeling like this but it is my own fault. The teeth are banjaxed and will eventually all fall out.

Thanks folks, it's great to get support!

Dollie, I do feel so much more content in myself. I can look in the mirror and see how well I'm doing, that I've lost a hell of a lot of weight. However, I have a major problem with my teeth. I am missing a front tooth and have a very large very visible cavity on the other front tooth..... I am embarrassed to smile, my teeth are in rag order and I feel as though losing five stone is great and all but I can't smile unless I keep my mouth shut, when I'm talking to people I tend to keep my mouth as closed over as possible. I feel so stupid, but I was so depressed for years over my weight and stuff (and also drank Coke galore, smoked loads of cigarettes etc) that I really neglected my teeth and now it is too late to do anything about it. I've been looking into the cost of going abroad for dentistry but.... it is just too much money for a student single mum! The Medical Card doesn't cover "cosmetic" dentistry to the extent that I need it.... I feel so awful that I've let them go this bad and I honest to God just feel ugly, on account of the teeth.

Hate feeling like this but it is my own fault. The teeth are banjaxed and will eventually all fall out.

Hey don't be so hard on yourself! You're doing something really positive for yourself now. You just weren't ready for whatever reason before. Its not your fault. Lots of people smoke and drink coke and they haven't as been as unlucky as you. I really think the whole teeth thing is down to genes. A friend of mine has had awful trouble with her teeth and she doesn't smoke.

My other friends mum lost her teeth on her second baby because she couldn't afford to get proper dental care at the time. She never smoked or drank alcohol or soft drinks. A lot of pregnant women have trouble with their teeth, and you have a child so if your teeth are weak anyway it might have sped the damage up. Basically what I'm saying is its not your fault, you've been unlucky! Also living in Ireland doesn't help. If you lived in England this probably wouldn't have happened. Dental care is really good over there and its affordable, if not free.

Anyway, good news is. Teeth CAN be fixed. You will find a way. Is there any short term solution that you could look into for the moment? Something temporary until you save enough money to go abroad. Sorry I can't help you. Maybe if you posted on the Dental Issues forum here on Boards?

Keep going with your fantastic weight loss in the meantime! You really are amazing to have achieved so mush in 5 months. If you can do that the world's your oyster!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭gaoife

Thumpette wrote: »

:D:D:D
    WOW
    Well done thumpette thats amazing, you must feel so so good about yourself!!!!:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Wednesdays Girl

Wow everyone! You've all done so well. It's amazing. I actually a feel a bit inspired listening to such huge weight losses! I only had a couple of stone to lose, but hearing about that much makes it seem possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Hi Guys

Went to WI last nite and was up .5lb - im ok with that as I had a mad weekend last weekend and did no excerise so this week im goin to work my ass off.

Im goin to NYC in 9 weeks time and I really would like to buy a whole new wardrobe so really need to work hard on the weight loss.

Well done everybody - u are all doing so well.

Well done Thumpette on getting to goal that is an amazing achievement!!!

Fatewatchers well done you are an inspiration to us all on here - well done u!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

hey guys n gals!
    very long time no post in here. started WW this time last year, and lost the plot around november. Gained all the weight back on.:( Ive come back here cause the advice and support i got here previously was AMAZING! and to be honest, ive given myself a kick in the bum and am starting fresh back on WW tomorrow. doing it myself at home, cant afford to go back to the meetings, but i have all info. just need further kickings in the bum! :)

hey guys n gals!
    very long time no post in here. started WW this time last year, and lost the plot around november. Gained all the weight back on.:( Ive come back here cause the advice and support i got here previously was AMAZING! and to be honest, ive given myself a kick in the bum and am starting fresh back on WW tomorrow. doing it myself at home, cant afford to go back to the meetings, but i have all info. just need further kickings in the bum! :)

It's great that you've come back, it's the first bit of the battle! So good luck and here's a couple of tips that you probably have already but no harming in posting anyway;

1) Remember to drink plenty water,
    2) When you're out to dinner pick something that you know the points of rather than something "healthy" that you don't.. (I've picked chicken salad on occasion but chips would actually have been the lower points option!)
    3) If you drink a lot of tea, try swapping to herbal tea because then you don't add milk

On a totally other note, does anybody have tips for holidays? Is there a good way to stay down on holidays aside from going to the gym? I'm a bit worried about not being able to point anything at all and although I'm going to relax a good bit, I don't want to be waaay up next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

On a totally other note, does anybody have tips for holidays? Is there a good way to stay down on holidays aside from going to the gym? I'm a bit worried about not being able to point anything at all and although I'm going to relax a good bit, I don't want to be waaay up next week.

When I was away for a week last year I brought cereal with me, multipack crisps, ww bars and cuppa soups. I always had a light b'fast and lunch then what I wanted for dinner. I let myself have a starter or dessert every second night.

If everybody was having Ice-cream at the pool I made sure I had something low points like a twister, callippo or solero.

Also, keep the alcohol to a minimum. Everybody in my meeting thought I was insane when I said this but it can really pile on the pounds when you're away. Also because I was in Turkey the weather was so hot I drank 3litres of water a day.

You will find yourself most likely walking more aswell so the exercise will help!

This all resulted in a 4.5lb loss when I came home and me getting my 3rd stone at ww. :D

Another tip my leader says is go straight back to your meeting after! DO NOT leave it a week because you will eat more when you are home than away!

Good luck! Have a nice holiday! ;)

I lost in total 3 stone in 14 weeks, I'm so happy. What surprised me is how quick I lost it because I never deprived myself but I'm close to my goal which is 10 stone but if I'm not happy with that I'll try lose some more but was just on my facebook page and was looking at my pics from summer 2009, first time since being on the diet I have noticed my weight loss, I know I might seem full of myself right now but guys I'm so happy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Hoggs

Congrats alpha 2010 thats a fantastic achievement. :) You should treat yourself as a reward (not food though).

Hoggs wrote: »
    Congrats alpha 2010 thats a fantastic achievement. :) You should treat yourself as a reward (not food though).

thanks Hoggs yeah I will definitely be having a reward this week, maybe some new clothes :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Down a pound. Ugh, will this last 4.5lb just feck off already :)

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

Had my weigh in yesterday, now in week 9 and down 18.5 lbs. I'm so happy with myself.

I have given up breastfeeding this week :( so I am going to be down 5 points a day :eek:. This week is going to be hard to get used to the point adjustment. I'm going to have to revisit what I eat and what the points are.

Anyone know any easy tasty sweet reciepes out there.

Jwacqui wrote: »
    When I was away for a week last year I brought cereal with me, multipack crisps, ww bars and cuppa soups. I always had a light b'fast and lunch then what I wanted for dinner. I let myself have a starter or dessert every second night.

If everybody was having Ice-cream at the pool I made sure I had something low points like a twister, callippo or solero.

Also, keep the alcohol to a minimum. Everybody in my meeting thought I was insane when I said this but it can really pile on the pounds when you're away. Also because I was in Turkey the weather was so hot I drank 3litres of water a day.

You will find yourself most likely walking more aswell so the exercise will help!

This all resulted in a 4.5lb loss when I came home and me getting my 3rd stone at ww. :D

Another tip my leader says is go straight back to your meeting after! DO NOT leave it a week because you will eat more when you are home than away!

Good luck! Have a nice holiday! ;)

Thanks a mil. That's great! I'll try and rembmer it all now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Shinners13

Hi guys, first time on here in a while, had great intentions last time but it all went bad on me unfortunately!!!
    Anyways i joined back and in the last 3 weeks i have lost 12.5 lbs which i am thrilled with!!
    I have changed the goal in my mind (and my ticker!) now as i think i was too focused on getting to the end of the road!!!
    So now my goal is to loose 50 lbs by Christmas in total and i have 12.5 gone so far!
    When i reach that goal i will then set my next one!!
    Ive got about 10 stone to lose in total so i think i am better thinking this way!!!
    So anyways i will be trying to come on here to get some tips from you all and well done to you all you are all doing brilliant!!!
    xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Shinners13 wrote: »
    Hi guys, first time on here in a while, had great intentions last time but it all went bad on me unfortunately!!!
    Anyways i joined back and in the last 3 weeks i have lost 12.5 lbs which i am thrilled with!!
    I have changed the goal in my mind (and my ticker!) now as i think i was too focused on getting to the end of the road!!!
    So now my goal is to loose 50 lbs by Christmas in total and i have 12.5 gone so far!
    When i reach that goal i will then set my next one!!
    Ive got about 10 stone to lose in total so i think i am better thinking this way!!!
    So anyways i will be trying to come on here to get some tips from you all and well done to you all you are all doing brilliant!!!
    xx

Brilliant idea, there's nothing more offputting than if your goals seem too distant. Splitting it will really help with the psychological side of things. Best of luck, you've had a great start already, you'll do great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭gaoife

HI Everybody :D

Well done alpha thats amazing!!!!! 3lbs a week??? how are you doing it?

I sts last night, was bummed cus it was by far the best week i've had since starting weightwatchers but i've upped my exercise tons so i think it'll just take a few weeks to even out. Im really gonna try have an even better week this week and hopefully i'll see the difference in the scales next week.

Good luck everyone

Like the idea of the smaller goals- great idea for motivation!

I was just wondering if anyone knows if you stop paying at ww once you get maintanance or do you keep paying until you do your 4 weeks maintainance and get your gold card?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Have to admit.. i might only be 2days into the whole ww thing again, but damn its much harder then it was this time last year! :( struggling to stay away from the presses and fridge!

Turns out ww is free on maintainance! Yay.

Lost 1.5 this week :)

As much as I like my ticker showing 2 pound below target now- Im going to change it to the new target of 10 stone 7 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Good Morning everybody

Went to WI last nite and was down .5lb was happy with that, ive lost the .5lb that I put up last week.

Good luck to everyone this week

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement