Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

guys having some problems at home with the OH, I'm worried I'm gonna go off track with my diet. Haven't been sleeping too well maybe 3 or 4 hours sleep a night if I'm lucky and because of that I cant go walking because I have no energy... what should I do... I'm not eating much at all but when I do its crap I haven't even weighed myself this week, I have lost weight every week since I started 4 months ago but I'm worried that the diet is over for me and that I have lost the will power. :( If we break up ill put my whole 3 stone back on, if I stay ill prob do the same

anyone ever have the same problem ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ablowick

Started weight water a few week ago . It was all going well losing Lb but it all gone wrong I have now broken my ankle so cannot do exercises and eating more than should as feeling sorry for my self what can I do now.Has anyone exercise that dont involve using your ankle .

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭gaoife

alpha2010 wrote: »
    guys having some problems at home with the OH, I'm worried I'm gonna go off track with my diet. Haven't been sleeping too well maybe 3 or 4 hours sleep a night if I'm lucky and because of that I cant go walking because I have no energy... what should I do... I'm not eating much at all but when I do its crap I haven't even weighed myself this week, I have lost weight every week since I started 4 months ago but I'm worried that the diet is over for me and that I have lost the will power. :( If we break up ill put my whole 3 stone back on, if I stay ill prob do the same

anyone ever have the same problem ??

I was like this when doing exams last few years. It's so hard to try and stay healthy when your tired and just wanna sleep/veg and eat junk. Just try give yourself a few days to lie around and do nothing, eat what you want but give it an end date say sat and sun?? and then back to life on monday, you might be able to get it out of your system. Dont stress yourself out, you have come so far and you wont go back!!! sometimes life gets in the way and you need to focus on other things.

Im so sorry things are bad for you, keep coming on here and you'll get through it without gaining the weight back ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Gained half a pound last night. Not too bad as I am still 1.5 pound below my ww goal- so still on track for the gold card :)

I think part of the gain was a fairly bad weekend (though it asnt too bad) and because I upped my exercise a fair bit this week- It always seems to either result in a lower loss or a gain for me- boo!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

in the end i lost 2 pound im delighted so its giving me some encouragement to keep going and not let my relationship effect my diet :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

Millieboo wrote: »
    Hiya, as far as I am aware, based on books and leader - 4 is max you can save a day but you must eat 16 points a day.......so if you were only on 18 points, you would only be able to save max 2 points a day.
    lets say,ur on 20 per day,thats 20x7+140,per week,so i would think u can use these any way u wanted once u used 140 points over the course of the week,sometime if i had a bad day and went over,lets say by 6,i subtract 6 from the total points left for rest of week and divide ans by number of days left,u might be hungry but thats the price u have to pay!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

by the way,im still focused,was down 2.5lbs thurs nite!yipee!
    KEEP THE MOJO GOIN!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

hi all,
    im away on holidays at teh minute and left my little converter chart at home, i'm absolutely lost without it!
    i'm hoping some1 could help me out and tell me how many points are in a snack that has 96 calories and 0.8g of sat fat

thanks a million :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

That's 1.5pts - here's an online converter http://points.ogo.ms/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cuplaquestions

Hi,

I'm new to this!I have gone way over my points this weekend...how many points should I try to cut down for the rest of the week to counter act the weekend? I'm on 22 points...can I go down to 16 points or can you only save 4 points?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭chunkykate

Hi,

I'm new to this!I have gone way over my points this weekend...how many points should I try to cut down for the rest of the week to counter act the weekend? I'm on 22 points...can I go down to 16 points or can you only save 4 points?
    Thanks

Hi cuplaquestions

I'm in the same boat myself! I asked the same question a while back and tbh, I'm still not sure of the answer. I reckon as long as you're not starving, it would be ok to limit yourself to 16 points a day as this seems to be the minimum points anyone should be on for a day.

If you're hungry though, eat your points because the points you are given are enough for you to lose weight. I find its best to eat something healthy when I'm hungry even when I'm trying to save points because otherwise I'll start craving something unhealthy instead:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭chunkykate

Meant to add as well that obviously exercise will get you more bonus points. You could increase the length/intensity of any exercise you do this week maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 carminaburana

I think the min no. of points daily is 14. So, it is possible WI tonight, fear I may stay the same, as I opened a pkt cream crackers, not sure what they are in terms of points, but I had quite a few:mad:!! We must remember that it is summer, the routine is not quite the same, and if we stay the same weight, knowing that we have not as been as good as we should have been, well, that is okay sometimes too! But shivering in my shoes all the same!! This weather not helping, hard to get out for a good walk. Will let ye know how I get on, was a pound and half off my third silver seven last week.. Hang in there everyone!! Think of new clothes, more energy..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭cherryred

just back from my WI and i'm 6 pounds down, just under 10st! :) Woohoo! 3 weeks to the holiday and if i can get to 9st 10 i'll be delighted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

Just home myself. Down 1.5 lb. So another happy bunny here!

One of our members just back after two weeks holidays ... and she managed to lose 4lb ! So that was amazing!

I have been finding that I am really back into the water habit and am easily drinking over two litres per day. I honestly think that is making a big difference to my weight loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Great results alittlebitdull and cherryred!

Did you get 6 pound in one week? :O

I am here t6o declare a new state of mind. I am at my ww goal now and have been bold and lazy! Im determined not to be one of those people who ends up gaining more than I ever lost! I have pretty much stopped tracking, and have developed an addition to snacking on special k with a sprinkling of sugar and milk! i was just figuring I ate about 10 points worth yesterday alone just watching britains next top model!

So- my new leaf (to hopefully lose another 3.5-.4.5 pound before I get my gold card in 2.5 weeks) is

Track again
    Porridge every morning without the spoonful of sugar ive been sneaking
    No more special k
    Try to finally start drinking water- useless at this!
    Excercise! (Im a bit traumatised cos i went to what was meant to be a toning class on Friday and they had changed it to circuits without saying- i thought i was going to keel over!)

I will shift this last wobble!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭cherryred

yep lost 6 pounds in one week, bizzare!:D

tip for drinking more water Thumpette, i bought a nice water bottle
    http://www.amazon.com/CamelBak-BPA-Free-Better-Bottle-Valve/dp/B0019DCD7U
    its great cos it has a straw so you drink it up in no time. got mine in great outdoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Ooooo love that bottle!!! Did you buy it online or has anybody seen them around?? :D

Lost 1.5lb this week at weigh in!! 2lb more till 5stone gone!

Delighted cause I didn't go last week and was up 2.5lb on my scales so I worked hard this week!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Ooooo love that bottle!!! Did you buy it online or has anybody seen them around?? :D
    She mentioned great outdoors, but I see ones online with insulation jackets too. I can highly recommend this online shop, they are in the north and have free delivery to here, I have used them loads of times.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=53888

it is not in stock though
    more bottles here
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Categories.aspx?CategoryID=247&CurrentPageIndex=0&SortExpression=PRICE_ASC

Amazon have loads too, if you buy over £25 of stuff on amazon shipping is usually free -you must select free shipping at checkout though. This is only if buy from amazon themselves, they have "amazon marketplace" with 3rd party sellers. Go to the left of the screen and click on amazon to filter them out.

So you can buy a product for £20 and some cheap dvd etc to get the price over £25 and get both delivered free in the same box.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_p_6_0?rh=k%3Athermos+bottle%2Cn%3A318949011%2Cp_6%3AA3P5ROKL5A1OLE&bbn=318949011&keywords=thermos+bottle&ie=UTF8&qid=1279633988&rnid=401720011

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Thanks RUBADUB!

Blonde day! :p:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭hayser

Can anyone tell me how many points are in porridge please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Stayed the same this week. What is it with the last half a stone? I've been messing about with it for months!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

Quackles wrote: »
    Stayed the same this week. What is it with the last half a stone? I've been messing about with it for months!

Oh I know the feeling, I have 5 more lbs to lose until I get to goal, it seems to be getting slower and slower...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

hyperbaby wrote: »
    Oh I know the feeling, I have 5 more lbs to lose until I get to goal, it seems to be getting slower and slower...

I've 3 more to go - there were times back at the start where you'd lose that in a week, oh to have those days back ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

Hey just thought I'd add in my results - was down 1.5lbs this week! Fingers crossed the scales keep going down for more than a few weeks this time! It deffo gets harder the further you get along - complacency - my arch nemesis!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

well done everyone on their weightloss! Loss 1.5 pounds myself this week It's coming off very slow but it is coming off and thats the main thing:D
    My ww leader is emailing us some recipes so will post them up here as soon as I get them x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭StandardAngel

Lost 1 lbs this week and got my 3rd silver 7 :D:D

Still cant believe i have lost a stone and a half!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fendigal

Hi all..ive been reading through the last few posts and am amazed at everyones great losses. I was on this thread earlier in the year,i was attending ww and makin good progress i managed to loose 18lbs and was delighted! But since april i havent lost a pound..iv been down one week and up the next. I will admit iv had a few wks where iv fallen off the wagon but on the whole i think im pretty much sticking to my point. Im going on hols in a month and really want to drop maybe 7lbs but i just cant seem to shift it. Any suggestions to kick start my metabolism and get me off this plateau? Has anyone else experienced this..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Wednesdays Girl

fendigal wrote: »
    Hi all..ive been reading through the last few posts and am amazed at everyones great losses. I was on this thread earlier in the year,i was attending ww and makin good progress i managed to loose 18lbs and was delighted! But since april i havent lost a pound..iv been down one week and up the next. I will admit iv had a few wks where iv fallen off the wagon but on the whole i think im pretty much sticking to my point. Im going on hols in a month and really want to drop maybe 7lbs but i just cant seem to shift it. Any suggestions to kick start my metabolism and get me off this plateau? Has anyone else experienced this..

Hey Fendigal,

I've been the exact same. 1 step forward, 2 steps back. It's been going on for ages and it feels more like maintenance then getting anywhere. I'm back from holidays a week and a bit, then I was sick and then had to go abroad for a conference so I basically haven't tracked (until today) or gone to class in 3 weeks. I know I'll be up by a lot so I'm trying my best between now and next Thursday (WI) to get down as much as possible. I was kind of questioning if there was any point in me doing WW anymore because I haven't gotten anywhere in months but this 3 week lapse has just made me really determined because I've got a big event at the end of August.

In terms of metabolism, you can't beat exercise. If I do a lot one week, I tend to lose the week after. I can't think of anything else really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fendigal

Thanks wednesdaysgal..good to know im not the only one! i had a fall a couple months back and i had to stop exercising for a while and im very lazy to get back to it now..have started this week using the wii fit and im gonna start walking again now. I think i need to start tracking like a demon and be a lot stricter on myself. I dont want old habits creeping back in just when i had kicked them.
    Thanks for the reply..i hate plateau's :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement