Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Well folks it has been a while since I posted... I did so well before... got within 10lbs of my goal and went on holidays and totally fell off the wagon! I'm back 4 weeks now and I just can't get back into the swing of things... I know I have put up at least 5lbs... :(

Someone please give me a kick up the backside!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

joined ww online on uk site last week... after 2 months of being in plateau. I'm down 1.8lbs this week.......I BROKE THE PLATEAU! DEEEELIGHTED! I've hit the 40lbs lost mark!

I still have five weeks left in prepaid ww meetings. so I'm just going to go just for the sake of it. not going to worry about the meetings scales says anymore.

My meetings are thursday mornings, as in tomorrow....so I'm going out on the piss tonight! haha! I haven't been out in NINE months! I need to take back my life!

If your joining the uk site, they ask for billing address for your card, enter address as normally. but in the last little bit they ask for "county" and postal code,

put in a British or welch county and postal code, like Cardiff & CF10 4AU.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

Weigh in- down 3 lbs this week.

The literature all says that 2 lbs loss is healthy and sustainable, so is losing 3 lbs too much?

I ate every one of my points each day, and didn't do a huge amount of exercise. Also had a few family things on which I found difficult to manage what I was eating and to point things.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭susita06

Weight in last night, was down 5lbs (was over two weeks) which brought me to exactly 6 stone lost!!! I am so so happy!!!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭sophie1234

susita06 wrote: »
    Weight in last night, was down 5lbs (was over two weeks) which brought me to exactly 6 stone lost!!! I am so so happy!!!!!!!:D

well done such a fantastic weight loss! inspiring!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

susita06 wrote: »

Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭corasam

Got my first silver 7 today. delighted with myself :D

two more of them and i'd be over the moon.

onwards and downwards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Wednesdays Girl

corasam wrote: »
    Got my first silver 7 today. delighted with myself :D

two more of them and i'd be over the moon.

onwards and downwards!

Congratulations. I remember being super proud my first silver seven!! Good luck with the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

Well I haven't posted in quite a while as I didn't just fall off the wagon, I jumped off it, ran to the nearest fridge and didn't stop eating for nearly 5 weeks!

Signed up for online WW as I can't quite afford meetings atm and am heading on hols in 4 weeks so don't want to look like a whale next to the pool.

Delighted I did - down 6lbs this week (was SUPER strict with everything), absolutely delighted with myself and didn't "celebrate" either which is huge step for me as I would always treat myself to whatever I wanted on WI night! Still lots of lbs to go but its nice to have made that big dent in the goal!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Has anyone see the new Summer edition of the Irrestible recipe magazine. It's exclusive to Tesco this time but I haven't found it an any branches
    I've been to - Dundrum & Nutgrove.
    38261_414759946818_88822796818_4812544_4102748_n.jpg

• Advertisement

I'm so angry and upset with myself. I went up 3.5lbs this week. I actually can't believe it. I'm so disappointed with myself because it's the first week that I did proper exercise in a while and I managed to ruin it (obviously) by eating more. Is going back to the Quick Start a good idea? Will it help get my weight loss back on track? I don't know because I've never tried doing it..

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

I'm so angry and upset with myself. I went up 3.5lbs this week. I actually can't believe it. I'm so disappointed with myself because it's the first week that I did proper exercise in a while and I managed to ruin it (obviously) by eating more. Is going back to the Quick Start a good idea? Will it help get my weight loss back on track? I don't know because I've never tried doing it..

Would def recommend doing quick start, not only will it hopefully get your weight loss back on track but it gets your mind and motivation back on track too and sorta re-trains you, cause we all slip into bad habits (eating same foods all the time, not weighing portions etc). Def gives a boost going forward!

BTW don't beat yourself up too much, you know where you went wrong so you can learn from it and go forward, chin up

Millieboo wrote: »
    Would def recommend doing quick start, not only will it hopefully get your weight loss back on track but it gets your mind and motivation back on track too and sorta re-trains you, cause we all slip into bad habits (eating same foods all the time, not weighing portions etc). Def gives a boost going forward!

BTW don't beat yourself up too much, you know where you went wrong so you can learn from it and go forward, chin up

Thanks a mil. I'm definitely going to give it a go so. I haven't been on 18 points since the first week I started so it will probably be an adjustment! It will be worth it next week though. I just couldn't belive how badly this week went!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 who.dunnit

@wednesday girl. Don't worry about it, I once went up 4 pounds in a week and when i went back then next week i was down 3. Sometimes i feel after eating badly i'm bloated too when i go to the weigh in so i usually haven't put on as much weight as i thought and hopefully it's the same case for you! Anything there's nothing like that horrible feeling of being told you're up weight to inspire you to lose more!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

Ughh Last week I was on my period, I had curry, chiper and eddie rockets and I only went jogging 2 times but I still managed to lose 3 pounds, was totally shocked so anyways this week I had only eddie rockets I went jogging 4 times and I was really strict on myself by only having 18 points this week instead of 21 but I only lost 1. I know I should be happy but I'm confused as to why I lost 3 pound even though I did nothing and when I work my ass off I only lose 1 pound

my body is messed up :P

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

alpha2010 wrote: »
    Ughh Last week I was on my period, I had curry, chiper and eddie rockets and I only went jogging 2 times but I still managed to lose 3 pounds, was totally shocked so anyways this week I had only eddie rockets I went jogging 4 times and I was really strict on myself by only having 18 points this week instead of 21 but I only lost 1. I know I should be happy but I'm confused as to why I lost 3 pound even though I did nothing and when I work my ass off I only lose 1 pound

It sometimes takes a week to catch up on itself, the 1 pound you lost this week could be a result of your not so good week last week, you will prob notice the difference next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭gaoife

alpha2010 wrote: »

Hey alpha

You probably didnt eat enough, any day when you were evercising you shouldn't have eaten less then 17pts ie your total is 21 so 21-4 (the max you can save) = 17 if you eat 18 and exercise 2 you've gone too low your in starvation mode. this happened to me for 5 weeks and it was really getting to me then the next week i made sure to have my points and only exercise 4 below my total and i lost 2.5

Good luck this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭gaoife

Lost .5 this week i would have loved to get my stone but the week was so all over the place that im happy just to have lost, bank hoilday weekends are so hard to track!!!!
    Hoping for 1.5 (at least) this week to egt my stone :D im off on holidays on the 17th so i'll miss my noraml weigh in, was thinking of weighting in early wat does everyone think of this? i think it might keep me on track for the week.
    Does anyone know if it's possible? i will be weighing in on a wednesday and then again on the monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Irejoined today for the 3rd time lol// No my 1st was about 11 years ago in prep for the wedding dress, then i joined ww @ home after the second minime was born 7 years ago. So back I went today . My fried goes so I thought would be super to have someone to drag me there kicking & screaming when I decided im not having a weigh in. I have to say was pleasantly surprised. Pounds to lose not stones this time Thank God !. Nothing really has changed much in the 11 years except a new leader but here goes. I have 4 & 1/2 weeks to my hols so hopefully will have lost a bit by then. Also the fact you much eat your points. Back then it was vey much " The points are a maximum" . so here goes ....

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭susita06

Has anyone see the new Summer edition of the Irrestible recipe magazine. It's exclusive to Tesco this time but I haven't found it an any branches
    I've been to - Dundrum & Nutgrove.
    38261_414759946818_88822796818_4812544_4102748_n.jpg

As far as I knwo it is now completely unavailable in Ireland!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

gaoife wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it's possible? i will be weighing in on a wednesday and then again on the monday?

You can only weigh in once a week. If you are holidaying in Ireland, you could attend a WW class elsewhere if you bring your smartcard.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 AmeliaPond

I joined WW for the first time four weeks ago - I'm something of a yo-yo dieter. I generally get about halfway to goal, get complacent, and start stuffing my face again winding back where I started. This time I overshot by a load though, (first time I've ever done that, but it wasn't just by 10 lbs) and so I need to make sure that I get to goal this time and stay there.

I never wanted to join WW, wanted to be able to do it on my own. But going it alone... look where that got me!

I'm not doing points though - after being a yo-yo dieter for 10 years I know calories and nutrition so well I'm just using that. I don't see the benefit in learning an entirely new system - just using the meetings as an accountability tool.

So anyway, the first week I lost 5.5 lbs (mainly water and stored glycogen I'd wager) and the following week I was more bloated than I'd ever been in my life and was pissed off I had to weigh in THAT day (like, why couldn't it have been the day before?) but I was only up by 1 lb. Yesterday my scales at home said I was the same so I was pissed off and wasn't going to go but when I got there it said I'd lost 3.5 lbs (total 8 so) and so I was absolutely delighted because I'd expected to weigh the same. Clearly my home scales are bastards, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Good luck Lucy!

Well done amelia on going to weigh on pissed off!!!

So I didn't count points this week but 90% of my food I made from scratch myself and I really shifted the weight at 3.5 pounds. I'm so happy! I was very active this week. Hopefully I can keep this up. I'm only 1 pound away from my fifth silver seven!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Hi Guys

Havent been on for a while - but here goes over the past 3 weeks Ive managed to put up .5lb every week so thats a total of 1.5lbs, Im starting to get a pain in my arse trying to be good all the time.

Well done to all the losers this week especially with the long weekend and everything.

Im going back to the start this week - i.e tracking everything, walking and drinking lots of water.

I have a christening tomorrow so any advise for me not to ruin my week totally would be much appreciated.

Thanks and sorry of for the rant!!!

JOJOC123 wrote: »
    I have a christening tomorrow so any advise for me not to ruin my week totally would be much appreciated.

tonight write down everything that your are going to have tomorrow, and don't go over your points limit, bring the piece of paper with you tomorrow, at least you will know how much alcohol you're allowed have if your are going to drink and if you do go over your points limit well then you only have yourself to blame because it was there in front of you what you could of had within your points :)

don't stress too much sure enjoy yourself, we all need a day off every now and then

I'm trying to lose some more weight (got my gold card in October) and my new losing points are 16 - anyone else on 16? any tips?

are you sure you're on 16 points ? that seems to be very little :O god Id die of starvation if I only had 16 pts a day :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 AmeliaPond

dolliemix wrote: »
    Good luck Lucy!

Well done amelia on going to weigh on pissed off!!!

So I didn't count points this week but 90% of my food I made from scratch myself and I really shifted the weight at 3.5 pounds. I'm so happy! I was very active this week. Hopefully I can keep this up. I'm only 1 pound away from my fifth silver seven!

Thanks :D I'm glad I went because I may have dropped out if I'd stopped going so soon.

I really think cooking for yourself is so important - when you buy packaged foods they're full of so much crap that you wouldn't put in yourself. And when you cook for yourself you can really load in the veggies to fill you up for less calories!

I'm trying to lose some more weight (got my gold card in October) and my new losing points are 16 - anyone else on 16? any tips?

yep, if i fudge the truth about my height (5'3) and age (36) I'd get another 2 points! WW is cruel to us old short ladies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭sophie1234

going away this week and its all inclusive in the hotel........any tips?????? nt looking forward to it thinking of putting back on everything ive lost any one have any tips???? cuz if the foods there all i want to do is eat it!! x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement