Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Wednesdays Girl

alpha2010 wrote: »
    Awh thats brilliant Jesus I hope I recover from my disaster week just like you did

any tips ??

LOL. I applied the principle of quick on, quick off. I went back on Faststart and it worked. I realied even on days where I was over, I wasn't necessarily over my own points, just the FS ones. I also found it worked because it forced me to be creative about what I was eating because I had so few points to play around with unless I was doing exercise! Every day I was saving 3-4 points on lunch alone..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Great advice Wednesday. Just gained a 1lb at weigh in this week. So I'm telling myself that if I'm good this week it will come off really quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Seb_bixby

Hi guys,
    Just started on Tuesday. Great to see a thread like this where you can get extra support! :D
    Have nearly two stone to lose so a good way to go yet. Also myself and the OH thought that it would be a good idea to start eating healthier and getting more exercise.

So far so good, please god it'll work and I'll get the weight off however long it takes! :) Even had pizza tonight!! Homemade of course, and I won't be going back to the take away anytime soon! lol;)

One question though, how do you calculate the activity points? If someone could explain, that it would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Ok- small rant warning here!

I got my gold card tonight- after having lost 31 pound. I was actually meant to get it last week but I had put on a pound after a wedding so I wanted to wait until this week when id lost that again.

My leader has been great- shown great support and is always so enthusiastic when I do well- even tho I am quite shy and don't say much when she gets all excited so im sure she doesnt know quite how much all these little mini goals have meant to me.

Anyway the summit of the whole mountain was tonight as far as Im concerned. I know it should be for myself that I lost the weight- and believe me it was- but I also enjoy getting goals and enjoy the recognition. I was kinda dreading tonight in a way because my leader always makes people who get their gold card stand up in front of the class and tell their story etc- but at the same time I was kinda looking forward to it.

Anyway I got to class and it was the stand in leader there not mine. I was thinking of coming back next week but i decided to stay. Anyway I went up and got the card- and the only comment was 'oh youve put on a half pound but you are still a pound under goal'- gave me the card- end of story!

During the class I was thinking maybe she'd reference it- she did the usual silver sevens but no mention of my accomplishment. I feel ridiculous for even being annoyed about it, and maybe im completely crazy to be bothered by it but i must say I felt very upset and annoyed after.

One thing it does is make me realize the joy of having found a good leader. The class tonight was terrible in general- the leader let 3 new girls talk about their issues for literally 2/3 of the class and everyone was looking so annoyed. I know my normal leader would have been able to deal with them and not allow them to take over but still make them feel listened to.

Anyway- sorry for the rant- delighted with my gold card- though I would probably like to lose another few pound before I'm 100% happy, I just expected more from tonight having seen and been delighted for other people getting theirs, and now that it was finally my turn it was just such a disappointment. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

up another 1lb to-nite,thats 3 gains in 4 weeks,+1 missed class!! im totally fed up of it now!:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

well done thumpette,next week you`ll shine!! ur own leader will make sure you get heard if she is anything like ours!!she loves when someone does well.I think that is partly why i wasn`t as good either because we had a different girl for the past 2 weeks,our own leader always gives a good talk and we have a laugh!I know they have to get holidays too but we do miss them!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

Congratulations Thumpette- Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

Aw Thumpette, I can totally understand why you were annoyed/upset!

First and foremost CONGRATULATIONS! getting to goal is an amazing achievement of which I am hugely jealous, as I always fall off that wagon when i'm just few lbs off it so have never reached goal once, and Ive done WW quite a few times!

I absolutely hate it when there is stand in leader because they have mostly been not very good in my opinion and I have felt like I wasted time staying for meeting.

I know youre shy, as I am re talking in class but make sure to say to your leader next week how disappointed you were not to get your gold card from her and how you had wanted to share that moment with her as she had supported you getting there.

Again though - well done you!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

I had weigh-in last night. Completely shocked.. lost 7lb.. Thats half a friggin stone!:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Thumpette wrote: »
    Ok- small rant warning here!

I got my gold card tonight- after having lost 31 pound. I was actually meant to get it last week but I had put on a pound after a wedding so I wanted to wait until this week when id lost that again.

My leader has been great- shown great support and is always so enthusiastic when I do well- even tho I am quite shy and don't say much when she gets all excited so im sure she doesnt know quite how much all these little mini goals have meant to me.

Anyway the summit of the whole mountain was tonight as far as Im concerned. I know it should be for myself that I lost the weight- and believe me it was- but I also enjoy getting goals and enjoy the recognition. I was kinda dreading tonight in a way because my leader always makes people who get their gold card stand up in front of the class and tell their story etc- but at the same time I was kinda looking forward to it.

Anyway I got to class and it was the stand in leader there not mine. I was thinking of coming back next week but i decided to stay. Anyway I went up and got the card- and the only comment was 'oh youve put on a half pound but you are still a pound under goal'- gave me the card- end of story!

During the class I was thinking maybe she'd reference it- she did the usual silver sevens but no mention of my accomplishment. I feel ridiculous for even being annoyed about it, and maybe im completely crazy to be bothered by it but i must say I felt very upset and annoyed after.

One thing it does is make me realize the joy of having found a good leader. The class tonight was terrible in general- the leader let 3 new girls talk about their issues for literally 2/3 of the class and everyone was looking so annoyed. I know my normal leader would have been able to deal with them and not allow them to take over but still make them feel listened to.

Anyway- sorry for the rant- delighted with my gold card- though I would probably like to lose another few pound before I'm 100% happy, I just expected more from tonight having seen and been delighted for other people getting theirs, and now that it was finally my turn it was just such a disappointment. :mad:

Thats pretty bad. Id want fanfare. fireworks etc if I hit goal.... Many people dont realise how big an achievement this is. I would have throttled her.
    Make sure you tell your leader on her return - ive had bad leaders before & I always threw the towel in .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭gaoife

Thumpette wrote: »
    I got my gold card tonight- after having lost 31 pound

Well done thumpette!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Thats so good, you must be over the moon. I know it must have been an anticlimax not having your leader there to make you feel goos and use you as an example to the rest of the class but please done let that overshadow what you've achieved! Its so good.

31lbs is brilliant, how long did it take you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Millieboo wrote: »
    Aw Thumpette, I can totally understand why you were annoyed/upset!

First and foremost CONGRATULATIONS! getting to goal is an amazing achievement of which I am hugely jealous, as I always fall off that wagon when i'm just few lbs off it so have never reached goal once, and Ive done WW quite a few times!

I absolutely hate it when there is stand in leader because they have mostly been not very good in my opinion and I have felt like I wasted time staying for meeting.

I know youre shy, as I am re talking in class but make sure to say to your leader next week how disappointed you were not to get your gold card from her and how you had wanted to share that moment with her as she had supported you getting there.

Again though - well done you!!!!:D
    Muirgheal wrote: »
    Congratulations Thumpette- Well done!
    hollyhock wrote: »
    well done thumpette,next week you`ll shine!! ur own leader will make sure you get heard if she is anything like ours!!she loves when someone does well.I think that is partly why i wasn`t as good either because we had a different girl for the past 2 weeks,our own leader always gives a good talk and we have a laugh!I know they have to get holidays too but we do miss them!

Thanks all!

I knew I could rely on boards to cheer me up! I felt so silly being annoyed about it yesterday but I'm kinda over it now. I will try to mention to my leader when she gets back from her holiers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Well done everyone! Ye're all doing great. I stayed to same! which is great considering I had a holiday at home for my self!

My friend came to visit and stayed for the week and we ate and ate and ate. BUT....we pigged out on ww foods :P so damage was minimised. Mint Choc Ice things....they are like vianetta! DEVINE! Also ate SO much cheese this week! I also went back to my first luv....diet coke! haha i know its 0 points...but i used diet coke instead of drinking water. *BOLD*

Now my little splurge is out of my system. i actually WANT to get back on track and put the head down and get on with it. Its not a little nagging voice saying i should or have to get back to it. I WANT to get back to it. Have 10lbs to go till i get my 50lb cert!

So here we are folks....dangerous territory...the dredded Friday night. A bold friday just sets us up for a weekend of disaster. Its okay to have a treat and even go over points every so slightly on your "treat day" .

Check out your local tesco...some devine ww desserts out there at only 3points. They are SCRUMPTIOUS! totally indulgent but "safe". Banoffie Pie, Double Chocolate Brownie, Mint Choc Ice,

Kelkin Lo-pop popcorn. have come out with a butter flavoured low fat popcorn, the WHOLE bag is only 4 points.

Full Fat Butter = Dark Green Box
    Low fat Butter = Light Green Box
    Full Fat Plain = Dark Blue Box
    Low Fat Plain = Light Blue Box.

Out of alcohol...I've found Malibu is the lowest on points. British Pub Measure is only HALF A POINT! Irish measure is slightly bigger so call it a WHOLE ONE POINT! So Malibu & Diet Coke.....ONE POINT PER DRINK!

I have a ww cookbook, ww eat out 2010, ww shop 2010, ww calculator & ww food scales.

If ANYONE has any questions or wonders how many points in such a such food, please ask and I'll be happy to look it up. For some reason helping others kinda keeps my self in line.

I got presents of most of the above products or got them on ebay at way cheaper. I got them cos I need something/someone standing over me saying whats okay and not okay. They keep me in line...cos i personally have feck all will power!

HERE IS TO THE WEEKEND!

Well done on your Gold Thumpette. You are amazing!

Personally I wouldn't take it to heart. Because of work I've had to attend loads of different meetings. I reckon I've met every ww leader at this stage! SOme congratulate you and make you feel brilliant, some don't. I don't possess any stones because when I've got to the stone mark the leaders didn't give them to me. I always wonder do they think I'm not worth it because I don't attend their particular class regularly? Its like some of them are on commission if their regular clients lose weight. Don't get me wrong, I think ww is great and I've met some really brilliant leaders over the years, who are genuine, but it is a business and a job for them, so I sometimes get the feeling that some of them are in robot mode.

At the end of the day, this is my personal achievement and nobody else can take credit for it.

Same with you Thumpette. You did that all on your own. Well done!. Your regular leader will be delighted next week, but tell people in your class about your achievement. They want to know. The stand in leader may have been flustered with the newness of everything and just forgot. If you want to talk about it put your hand up and tell people. You are responsible for your actions and consequent reactions. I think you are brilliant to have lost that much weight and to have got to gold but coming back and saying I never got picked in class to talk about my achievement is surely partly your own fault because you didn't offer to talk. The stand in leader may have picked up that you are shy and thought that you didn't want the spot light on you?

Either way its a wonderful achievement and I'm glad you told us about it but go back there next week and don't wait for somebody else to 'pick' you. Just do it! Tell the class. We love stories like that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

Okay well I was ranting here on Wednesday complaining that I put on 2 pounds, I had weighed myself 2 days early but sure I thought that wouldn't of made a difference, so I thought for a laugh I would get myself weighed today and see what I was and funny enough I had lost 1 pound and not gained it :

last week I was 10 stone 13
    weighed myself Wednesday 11 stone 1
    today I'm 10 stone 12

so I'm delighted and I know not to weigh myself earlier next time :P

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Hi Guys

Had WI last nite and I was down 1.5lbs im delighted with that considering I put it on over the previous 3 weeks so im happy with that.

Here's to another good week!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭sophie1234

just back from my holidays all inclusive was tough but avoided all desserts witch was good downfall was breakfast i couldnt help but have sausages and white toast with butter! but did lots of walking its hard to get back into it now im home but im getting there up early for the gym tomorrow and hoping tuesdays weigh in isnt that bad!!:D:rolleyes:

This is prob going to sound so stupid. But wooo! Its friday night! and i've stuck to my points all day! I dont think I've ever managed that on a friday night! LOL

Woo stupidly proud of my self. Have a hot date monday! I think thats motivating me to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

Well done to Lainy and Sophie- paragons of virtue will have their reward...

...Unlike me! I just wrote down my points- I've been having a major blow out tonight- and I reckon I've hit 50 points!

Damm my mother's cooking- the woman does not know the meaning of low cal or low fat! Mind you, she's as skinny as a rake- she doesn't eat a lot of it herself!

I'm really not looking forward to weighing in next week.

BTW Dolliemix- I've asked for my stone when I earned it, cause I never got my silver seven. I am so proud of that lump of glass- but I'll probably have to give it back next week. (Ah.. do they ask for the stones back if you gain weight again?) <gulp>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

I find it so hard to survive on 16 points a day :(
    Am living on beetroot and egg white omlettes!
    But i lost two pounds at weigh in :)

• Advertisement

Ramette wrote: »
    I find it so hard to survive on 16 points a day :(
    Am living on beetroot and egg white omlettes!
    But i lost two pounds at weigh in :)

wow 16 points sounds REALLY LOW...like 14 is the absolute minimum.
    please recheck it for your own sake! I dont know how I'd do that! I hate losing one point every time i cross the stone threshold.

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    wow 16 points sounds REALLY LOW...like 14 is the absolute minimum.
    please recheck it for your own sake! I dont know how I'd do that! I hate losing one point every time i cross the stone threshold.

Fraid tis correct :mad:
    i am only 4ft 9 :o
    am DYING for a Magnum (thank god i dont have any in the house!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 passoto

Hi All,
    Im coming back to this board with my tail between my legs!!
    I joined two months ago! Left a few messages but then was doing so great forgot to keep posting! lost 11lbs! However had a terrible week this week and realise that now its the hard bit when its not so easy to lose the weight and would really like to come back to this board to get me back on track!
    Back to healthy me in the morning!!

passoto wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Im coming back to this board with my tail between my legs!!
    I joined two months ago! Left a few messages but then was doing so great forgot to keep posting! lost 11lbs! However had a terrible week this week and realise that now its the hard bit when its not so easy to lose the weight and would really like to come back to this board to get me back on track!
    Back to healthy me in the morning!!

11lbs thats great! your right, now is where it gets tough. But KEEP with it. The system does work. I've tried all the tricks and cheats while on ww, saving points, eating only 0 point stuff, skipping meals, ect.

The ww system DOES work! eat your points, drink your water, and when you can excercise, and make sure you use the excercise points you earn!

I've lost 40 lbs in 6 months, then i hit a platua for about 2 months, but finally its on the move again! I'll be in ww ONE YEAR on November 18th this year. It actually has changed my life. I'm so much more aware of what my body needs. My body NEEDS food. and alot of it! Takes alot of energy for my body to burn fat.

I was eating my allocated points but not losing weight. But what i wasn't doing was eating my excercise points. which meant my body didnt have the energy to burn the fat cos it used all its energy to create lean healthy muscle...which looks great but weight heavier on the scales.

So to me thats proof. The system DOES WORK!

From now on i'm aiming for 1.5 lbs a week! slow and steady and i should have another 20lbs off for xmas! that way i can put on the un avoidable few lbs xmas some what guilt free. it wont scare me.

cos i KNOW i can do it now! I AM DOING IT!

Barrack obama moment

YES WE CAN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Ramette wrote: »
    Fraid tis correct :mad:
    i am only 4ft 9 :o
    am DYING for a Magnum (thank god i dont have any in the house!)

Wow - I could not do 16 points a day. I'm 5ft 3 and am on 18 points. In NZ 18 is the minmum you can be on and 40 is the maximum - with you being allowed save a maximum of 4 points a day (which I think was mentioned above) Using their calculations I should be on 17 but you can't go below 18, thank god!

I rarely save points because I find it too hard and I'd find 16 points difficult. Well done you for sticking to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Colette1712

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone had anygood low point vegetarian recipies? I've been veggie for about 9 months now + find my food is very carb heavy. Also,despite being vegetarian I'm not a huge lover of vegetables (the irony!) my problem is every recipe seems to have tomatos ,which I'm not crazy about, or peppers,which I hate!

Hi Colette1712
    This is one i use, quick to make, all in one pot and nice and low in points!

LENTIL STEW

Ingredients

225g brown lentils
    2 onions, peeled and finely chopped
    1 wheat free vegetable stock cube
    4 carrots, trimmed, peeled and chopped
    Half a butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and chopped
    2 sweet potato, peeled and diced
    1 celery stalk, trimmed and chopped
    50g garden peas
    100g watercress/kale/cabbage
    2 tsps chopped parsley/thyme
    1 tsp tamari sauce

1. Soak the lentils in cold water for 20 minutes. Rinse thoroughly and drain
    2. Place the onions and vegetable stock cube in a saucepan with 750ml water and bring to the boil. Add the lentils, carrots, squash, sweet potatoes. Bring back to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the celery and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
    3. Add the peas, watercress, herbs and tamari and serve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

ohhh god, yesterday was gorgeous out, so I decided to go to town for some shopping and on the way back I drove by my local pub and noticed a band playing outside and EVERYONE out drinking so me and my bf decided to head out, I told him I was only having one drink. I haven't drank in over 6 months not because of the diet, just not bothered. Never was really a drinker which is a good thing because of my diet so anyways I knew that Kopperberg is 5 points well I think it is... so I said Id have the 1..... 2 hours later I'm on my third :( 15 points already thats not including the Caesar salad I had too... I was already drunk on my first bottle because I haven't drank in soo long and I'm such an amateur so the diet went out the window, I had chiper and everything walking home from the pub. Id say I had 40 points plus :(:( I have never done this before :(

right now I'm starving myself which is stupid but I don't know how I'm going to recover, my weigh in is on Friday but its my bday that day so I'm going Thursday instead what should I do to avoid a gain or is it inevitable ???

ohhh god, yesterday was gorgeous out, so I decided to go to town for some shopping and on the way back I drove by my local pub and noticed a band playing outside and EVERYONE out drinking so me and my bf decided to head out, I told him I was only having one drink. I haven't drank in over 6 months not because of the diet, just not bothered. Never was really a drinker which is a good thing because of my diet so anyways I knew that Kopperberg is 5 points well I think it is... so I said Id have the 1..... 2 hours later I'm on my third :( 15 points already thats not including the Caesar salad I had too... I was already drunk on my first bottle because I haven't drank in soo long and I'm such an amateur so the diet went out the window, I had chiper and everything walking home from the pub. Id say I had 40 points plus :(:( I have never done this before :(

right now I'm starving myself which is stupid but I don't know how I'm going to recover, my weigh in is on Friday but its my bday that day so I'm going Thursday instead what should I do to avoid a gain or is it inevitable ???

lol! It looks like a few of is fell off the wagon unintentionally this weekend.

You can't change anything so don't stress. Just remember what a good night it was and you deserved it.

Between now and Thursday stick to minimum points, drink as much H2o as you can and get out walking. Don't starve yourself. Thats not healthy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Colette1712

Kopaberg is 5 points?? :-(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement