Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

OMG it's only 3.5 for kopperberg pear, ill stick with that one

the mixed fruit is 4.5, I checked through the other thread and someone said its 65 kcals per 100ml :(

could some clarify this for me, :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

3.5 still alot for one drink tho :( cos i can never just have one kopperberg :( The strawberry one is DEVINE! SOOOOO easy to drink nom nom nom nom!

Malibu & Diet Coke is ONE point! Thats straight from the ww eat out book! English pub measure is 1/2 point. Irish pub measure slightly bigger, So i call it one point just to be safe. Diet coke is 0 points. So i can go out and have 9 or 10 drinks for 9 or 10 points! :D:D:D:D:D

I will look up Kopperberg in ww book tomorrow just to double check. Cant quite lay my hands on it this second.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭you wha?

hey guys....im thinking its time for me to sign up to ww but am super shy and stuff and have a few questions on here first.when you go to weigh in does everyone hear your weight??im going to be to a class in limerick city,is there anyone on here go to one there??
    thanks in advance for the answers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

No one will hear your weight you wha. Its all done very discreetly. Your leader will write it down for you the first week. After that, depending on the leader, she will write it down or just quietly tell you how much you lost/gained etc

You will never be asked to tell anyone what you weigh in the class. You might be asked to talk about how much you lost on a certain week so you can help motivate others by explaining how you feel or what changes you made to get to that stage. But nobody has to talk if they don't want to either.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭you wha?

dolliemix wrote: »
    No one will hear your weight you wha. Its all done very discreetly. Your leader will write it down for you the first week. After that, depending on the leader, she will write it down or just quietly tell you how much you lost/gained etc

You will never be asked to tell anyone what you weigh in the class. You might be asked to talk about how much you lost on a certain week so you can help motivate others by explaining how you feel or what changes you made to get to that stage. But nobody has to talk if they don't want to either.

Good luck!

oh thank you.makes me feel somewhat better.i just embarass easily and can be quiet shy.my downfall i think :P but ive roped in a friend to do this with me so not only will the classes encourage and help me,she will.
    thanks again hun :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Hi Everyone,

Have been reading the posts, and its great to find the thread.
    Am heading back to WW on Thursday, havent been for over 10 years :eek:

Its been creeping up slowly but surely, I eat so healthily, but just too much, and I drink FAR too much wine :eek:

I also need to get my flabby a*s back to the gym more regularly, I do 1-2 astanga yoga classes per week which is fab, but not enough.

Have at least a stone to loose, preferably 1.5 stone, but lets walk before I can run.

Looking forward to it ( and getting into my clothes again)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Wednesdays Girl

you wha? wrote: »
    hey guys....im thinking its time for me to sign up to ww but am super shy and stuff and have a few questions on here first.when you go to weigh in does everyone hear your weight??im going to be to a class in limerick city,is there anyone on here go to one there??
    thanks in advance for the answers. :)

Hi there,

I'm in the Limerick area so if you want to PM me, I can try and answer any questions. I've been to three different classes around city and suburbs so hopefully I can help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭corasam

Hi everyone.

I've being doing ww for 6 weeks now and have lost 9.5lbs. I've been really pleased with myself, most weekends i go a bit over my points but I seem to claw it back thro activity and have been steadily going down. I generally go jogging 3 times a week (stop and start for 20-30 mins). I've been soo darn pleased with myself. That wonderful feeling of self control and pride in the changes I'm making, looking better and feeling better. its brillant, esp the positivety than comes from it. After a positive weigh in everything feels possible.

Before I joined WW i had a year of bad health and had an operation which resulted in me loosing 6 lbs just before i started ww, so in total i've lost 15.5 lbs, anyways thats enough to warrant some shopping!! I've planned a trip to dublin this weekend with my sister to buy some new pieces to show off my weight loss but the problem is I've had a crap week. Bad health is back, I'm on steriods which i'm afriad may cause weighted gain?? don't know if one week will do damage? really hope not, but on top of that I haven't been out jogging cos haven't felt well and being a little sorry for myself haven't stayed within points either. I'm about 10 points over this week. So really afriad the friggin week I'm going on my reward shopping trip I'll be way up. (steriods, no activity and up on points). trying to stay positive and will go for a walk today and jog tomorrow if i'm feelign well enough, before weigh in on thurs.

sorry for the long post but who better to share my worries with! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

Corasam ... ten points over a week is not too bad to be over. And sure maybe the steriods won't affect you as bad as you fear. Its hardly likely that you would have put up 15.5 pounds in a week so stop panicing!! Just think of this weeks weigh in as the here and now and dont stress ...best of luck anyway.

I was away from my meetings for a few weeks - missed two weigh-ins - and so last week was up two pounds. Am delighted with myself as am down two and a half this week, so still on the right downward track!!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭sophie1234

weigh in tonight after the holiday i never really got back into the swing of things got back on fri and ate out twice at the weekend and cinema with a big thing of popcorn and to say im dreding tonight would be an understatement! but i no i have to go becaus eif i dont ill give up completly! i just really do not want to have on a whole load of weight witch is how i feel!!! was to scared to go near the scales at home!!!!!! :-) wish me luck ill report back tonight!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

OK- fell off the wagon in a major way on Friday but stuck to my 25 points since.

Weigh in today- down 2 1/2 lbs. Thought that I wouldn't have anything down- but it may bite me on the butt next week!
    Hi, I was just wondering if anyone had anygood low point vegetarian recipies? I've been veggie for about 9 months now + find my food is very carb heavy. Also,despite being vegetarian I'm not a huge lover of vegetables (the irony!) my problem is every recipe seems to have tomatos ,which I'm not crazy about, or peppers,which I hate!

Colette, Vegie burger recipe that I love... I have counted 2 points per burger when I make 4 burgers from this recipe. (Pepper can be left out as not essential)

-Saute a diced onion and 2 minced cloves of garlic on med heat till golden.
    -Add finely diced pepper and saute for 2 mins
    -Add a grated carrot and 5/6 finely chopped mushrooms and saute for 2 mins.
    -Add 1 tsp chilli flakes, 1/2 tsp chilli powder, half tsp paprika, quarter tsp white pepper, pinch of dill and 1 tsp dried rosemary, cook spices for a few more mins then take off the heat, allow to cool.
    -Drain and wash a can of mixed beans. Dry well and mash in a bowl. Add in the cooled veg and spices.
    -Sieve in 1 tbls of gram flour. Leave in the fridge for mixture to firm up. (I normally make these the night before I want them and leave in the fridge over night.)
    -Shape into 4 patties half an inch thick and bake in oven for 30 mins, at about 200C (until brown.)

I also have these with turnip "chips"- not quite as good as the real thing but I have grown to like them.

Ramette- I'm looking forward to trying the Lentil Stew.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭sophie1234

all my worrying and i was up only 1.5pounds was expecting so much worse so going to give fast start a go again get back on track!!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭susita06

had such a bad 2 weeks.... felt like I couldnt control wht i was eating!! so up 3.5 over the last two weeks, feel like I really want to get back on track but am going on holiday in six days and finding it tough! I know I will be up more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 who.dunnit

Hi All! Was away for a few days so it's great catching up with all the msgs. I've a bad enough few days over the weekend and unfortunately missed my meeting yday because I wasn't back until later than I thought so going to have to take a holiday week. But I'm promising myself I'll still track by myself and hopefully be down a pound or two next week. I tried on jeans this morning that I haven't worn in years and although they're a bit snug I can wear them hooray!! It is nice to get compliments from people saying I've lost weight but I'm doing ww for myself and to feel and look healthier so I feel if I cheat I'm only cheating myself!! Hope everyone has a good week, it's tough with the summer and having a bit of nice weather but just think if you eat healthily and stick to your points in no time at all you'd be down a few pounds, maybe fitting into something you've always wanted to wear and feeling great while that burger/pint/take-away that wanted to lead you astray will be no memory at all!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Wednesdays Girl

who.dunnit wrote: »
    Hi All! Was away for a few days so it's great catching up with all the msgs. I've a bad enough few days over the weekend and unfortunately missed my meeting yday because I wasn't back until later than I thought so going to have to take a holiday week. But I'm promising myself I'll still track by myself and hopefully be down a pound or two next week. I tried on jeans this morning that I haven't worn in years and although they're a bit snug I can wear them hooray!! It is nice to get compliments from people saying I've lost weight but I'm doing ww for myself and to feel and look healthier so I feel if I cheat I'm only cheating myself!! Hope everyone has a good week, it's tough with the summer and having a bit of nice weather but just think if you eat healthily and stick to your points in no time at all you'd be down a few pounds, maybe fitting into something you've always wanted to wear and feeling great while that burger/pint/take-away that wanted to lead you astray will be no memory at all!!

That's definitely what I find the hardest to remember.. Misbehaving doesn't taste half as good as getting admiring looks feels and quarter as good if it's regular! I'd a bit of a disaster of a week where everything tried to conspire against me and I sorta let it. You know the kind of week where people come to visit and want to go out for lunch rather than cooking and then the healthy option isn't the healthy option because you're not making it, somebody else is! I'm going to WI tomorrow regardless and make sure that next week is the best week I have. I've got a Ball on Saturday week, for which I'm determined to look my best.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

-Add 1 tsp chilli flakes, 1/2 tsp chilli powder, half tsp paprika, quarter tsp white pepper, pinch of dill and 1 tsp dried rosemary, cook spices for a few more mins then take off the heat, allow to cool.
    -Drain and wash a can of mixed beans. Dry well and mash in a bowl. Add in the cooled veg and spices.
    -Sieve in 1 tbls of gram flour. Leave in the fridge for mixture to firm up. (I normally make these the night before I want them and leave in the fridge over night.)
    -Shape into 4 patties half an inch thick and bake in oven for 30 mins, at about 200C (until brown.)

Sounds Delish :D

Guess whats for dinner tonight - Yay !!

Kopperberg Pear works out at 3.5pts per bottle, Not sure about there new strawberry one, Its lower in alcohol so i wonder would it be fractionally lower in points. Pear is 4.5% alcohol, Strawberry is 4%.

Like malibu works out lower in points to vodka because it has lower alcohol level.

Magners/bulmurs is 3 point per pint.

Alcopops! - Avoid WKD BLUE! Its 4pts per bottle! its PURE sugar!

Smirnoff ice & Bacardi Breezers are all around 2.5 pts each

All the different versions of Baileys are around 1.5 to 2 pts.

most strong spirts are around 1.5 pt per 35ml PUB MEASURE! standard spirit measure is 25ml.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    All the different versions of Baileys are around 1.5 to 2 pts.
    A baileys in Ireland is 50ml, it is very hard to find correct info on websites, many independent ones conflict each other. I have one that says 37ml of baileys is 5.8g fat and 130kcal, so 50ml is 175kcal 7.8g fat

http://points.ogo.ms/

gives 3.5 points for that if you put in the fat at half values
    most strong spirts are around 1.5 pt per 35ml PUB MEASURE! standard spirit measure is 25ml.
    In Ireland a measure is 35.5ml in the UK it is 25ml, this is where lots of confusion arises when using the web for points. I suspect your baileys figure was for the UK 25ml measure, while here baileys is the oddball size of 50ml.

Magners/bulmurs is 3 point per pint.
    Bulmers own site says it is 233kcal per pint, so 3.5points or 3.35 to be exact (throw on an extra zero to get a better accuracy). Bulmers light is 160kcal per pint, 2.3points

rubadub wrote: »
    A baileys in Ireland is 50ml, it is very hard to find correct info on websites, many independent ones conflict each other. I have one that says 37ml of baileys is 5.8g fat and 130kcal, so 50ml is 175kcal 7.8g fat

http://points.ogo.ms/

gives 3.5 points for that if you put in the fat at half values

In Ireland a measure is 35.5ml in the UK it is 25ml, this is where lots of confusion arises when using the web for points. I suspect your baileys figure was for the UK 25ml measure, while here baileys is the oddball size of 50ml.

Bulmers own site says it is 233kcal per pint, so 3.5points or 3.35 to be exact (throw on an extra zero to get a better accuracy). Bulmers light is 160kcal per pint, 2.3points

Ah balls & buggers. I was working from the two ww books, Eat out & Shop...which are both 2010 and even some of there numbers conflict :(

I kinda had a feeling the baileys was too good to be true :(

i'll be sticking to my malibu and diet coke :P which aint too bad at all.

Thanks for update! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 AmeliaPond

weighing in tomorrow & I haven't been quite so vigilant about the food this week so I'm ****ting it.

This weekly weigh in thing is both a motivator and a bit of a curse.

Still, figured out that fat free plain yogurt with few drops of coconut essence is a great substitution for coconut milk in Thai style curries! Very proud of that one, personally. (Then I googled it and found out I wasn't the first person to come up with it. Oh well :P)

• Advertisement

I'm due my depro vera injection this week, a hormone shot, That always screws up my weight ins. usually the week before and the week I get i'm up. Blah!
    but next week should be back on track :D

College starts back in like 2 weeks so im focusing on toning up as much as i can for next few weeks. weights and sit ups and push ups!

Wanna go on like a shopping spree for clothes for college so i gotta tone tone tone :D So for next few weeks I wont mind scales not showing anything cos muscle from toning going to weight in heavier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

AmeliaPond wrote: »

Still, figured out that fat free plain yogurt with few drops of coconut essence is a great substitution for coconut milk in Thai style curries! Very proud of that one, personally. (Then I googled it and found out I wasn't the first person to come up with it. Oh well :P)

Glad you posted that because I didn't know that!!! Thanks

Good luck tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 AmeliaPond

dolliemix wrote: »
    Glad you posted that because I didn't know that!!! Thanks

Good luck tomorrow
    Thanks for the luck, I'm gonna need it :)

Yeah, 100g of the fat free yogurt is like 60 kcal and 100g of reduced fat coconut milk is 110 kcal (varies by brand for both of course) so I'm seriously chuffed.... I LOVE Thai food!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Colette1712

Muirgheal wrote: »

Colette, Vegie burger recipe that I love... I have counted 2 points per burger when I make 4 burgers from this recipe. (Pepper can be left out as not essential)

I also have these with turnip "chips"- not quite as good as the real thing but I have grown to like them.

Ramette- I'm looking forward to trying the Lentil Stew.

This sounds delicious. Gonna try it tomorrow. Thanks! But question..what's gram flour?

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

This sounds delicious. Gonna try it tomorrow. Thanks! But question..what's gram flour?
    Gram Flour is flour made from ground chickpeas and is gluten free.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

Coopaloop wrote: »
    Gram Flour is flour made from ground chickpeas and is gluten free.

WSS- Chick pea flour, also it's protein rich, so more all round nutritious than wheat flour imo.
    AmeliaPond wrote: »
    weighing in tomorrow & I haven't been quite so vigilant about the food this week so I'm ****ting it.

This weekly weigh in thing is both a motivator and a bit of a curse.

Amelia- thanks for posting that, I didn't know either!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

3rd weigh in tonight & bricking it .. Dont know why.. I wasnt bad this week but not as good as I should have. had dinner with 2 lots of fiends over the weekend & kinda had to pick around the plate. Freakily both of them cooked chilli beef which I love, drank very little & moved over to Vody rather than bud so the big question from all of them was... " Are you pregnant " .... It was like sod off !!

Think im afraid that the weight I lost last week is going to suddenly appear on the scales ....... I also hate when you make an effort at something & it doesnt materialise.. ie you diet for the week & you put on a pound..

Really noticed this week how badly I have been eating in the past....... Toasted chicken & laughing cow sambos with scallion are massive ..... But before it was toasted cheddar & bacon with lashings of butter. & as for the baguettes..... christ ...

So I think what my brain gets caught on is why doesnt weight fall off you when you stop eating all the crap ???
    I dont know the answer but purely by changing 1 aspect of your diet should see a result .... Mine is butter ... Banned !!!
    My mam lost 2 & 1/2stone since last summer by banning butter & walking 1 hour a day - as simple as that .

Still dreadin WI but its all about changing the habit & if it means the walk of shame every thursday @ 5pm so be it ......

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭corasam

delira, only jogged once since last WI and still had a loss, my hubby reckons my body has learnt to lose weight, i dunno just pleased I can go on my shopping spree on a positive note. now aiming for 2 more lbs next week to get my first stone. happy! :)

on the coconut essence - can u get that in supermarket? would it be with the spices etc? be nice to have a new tasty dinner to cook

hey all, I'm just scanning my cookbook into computer to email a bunch of recipes to a friend, these are all from "Just for One" ww book. Recipes for one person, one portion. few vegetarian recipes too :)

If anyone would like some recipes, pm me your email address :) I'm scanning in the actual book, so all the pictures are with it :) plus couldn't be arsed typing it all out. I'm sending my friend the email so no effort to those in a few extra email address's!

Only up 1/2 this week :D delighted! the injection normally puts me up 2 or 3! woo! back on track now! time to buckle down again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 who.dunnit

Mmm people are posting yummy recipes and very good tips! I find I enjoy my food so much more on ww because it's all from scratch and full of flavours and herbs and nice veg. Was watching Oprah earlier and they had people from the show The Biggest Loser(a weight loss show in America) on it who were saying when they went on the programme they lost loads of weight but never changed their mental status towards food and exercise so when they left they put back on alot of the weight. I like the way ww changes your whole viewpoint to food and you can shape it to suit your own lifestyle!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement