Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

who.dunnit wrote: »
    Mmm people are posting yummy recipes and very good tips! I find I enjoy my food so much more on ww because it's all from scratch and full of flavours and herbs and nice veg. Was watching Oprah earlier and they had people from the show The Biggest Loser(a weight loss show in America) on it who were saying when they went on the programme they lost loads of weight but never changed their mental status towards food and exercise so when they left they put back on alot of the weight. I like the way ww changes your whole viewpoint to food and you can shape it to suit your own lifestyle!

Oh ww has changed my whole mindset when it comes to food. There are some foods I will NEVER eat again, knowing just much saturated fat is it. Its so engrainded me now. I open fridge and automatically hmmm nah thats too many points i'll have this instead. Calories been replaced with points! :D Far easier to keep track of 27 points than 1800 carlories....

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

stayed the same. Not sure if that is a good thing after my half stone loss last week .... any idea why this happens ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

lucy2010 wrote: »
    stayed the same. Not sure if that is a good thing after my half stone loss last week .... any idea why this happens ?

Some people's weight loss cycle works in two shifts.

I lost 3 pounds this week after gaining a pound last week.

Got my fifth silver seven :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ONE DIP

Hi , first time using boards and first ww class tonight , sound silly but im actually nervous. but looking forward to it think ill have about 3-4 stone to shift:(
    PS im male if that makes any difference

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

lucy2010 wrote: »

dont worry about that.. it is normal.. after a big weight loss your body kinda has to 'settle'... stick with the plan and i guarantee you will lose next week.. Congrats on the half stone loss :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

ONE DIP wrote: »
    Hi , first time using boards and first ww class tonight , sound silly but im actually nervous. but looking forward to it think ill have about 3-4 stone to shift:(

Best of luck One Dip... and it is not silly to be nervous... i was too when i started and it is especially nerve wracking when u are male (ww do men only classes). I promise you this will be the best decision you have ever made... i have a few guys in my class and the weight drops off them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 who.dunnit

Hi One Dip! I was so nervous before going to mine and I still am before most weigh ins but it's really really good and works once you follow it. Boys always seem to find it easier to loose weight (grrr ye and yer metabolism) so you won't know yourself in a few weeks time. Honestly joining will be the best decision you've ever made!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 AmeliaPond

So all my worries about tonight's weigh in were total crap, I was down 2.5 lbs :eek:

Yeah, not going to bother with my scales anymore. They don't seem to work at all.
    corasam wrote: »
    delira, only jogged once since last WI and still had a loss, my hubby reckons my body has learnt to lose weight, i dunno just pleased I can go on my shopping spree on a positive note. now aiming for 2 more lbs next week to get my first stone. happy! :)

on the coconut essence - can u get that in supermarket? would it be with the spices etc? be nice to have a new tasty dinner to cook

Congrats on the loss :)

I found coconut essence in Tescos - it's where you'd find vanilla and stuff for baking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ONE DIP

Ramette wrote: »
    Best of luck One Dip... and it is not silly to be nervous... i was too when i started and it is especially nerve wracking when u are male (ww do men only classes). I promise you this will be the best decision you have ever made... i have a few guys in my class and the weight drops off them!

Cheers folks, i am 18,10 and dident need to be nervous it was grand , ill keep you all posted every weekand hopefully its all good , thanx again

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

down 2lbs to night!onwards and downwards as ye say!!!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

Cheers folks, i am 18,10 and dident need to be nervous it was grand , ill keep you all posted every weekand hopefully its all good , thanx again
    welcome on board!!!stick to ur points and you`ll be flyin!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

Well done Dolliemix- silver seven!

Welcome to the party One Dip- the more the merrier!

And can anyone tell me how many points in Malteasers- I had six.

<minor slip compared to last weekend so not beating myself too much over it>

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

the commercial on tv says maltesers are 11 kcal each, so 66 kcal = 1 point or so? depending on how much fat is in them, which I don't know.

Thanks Xiney- now don't feel bad at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

The fun size bags are 1.5 pts so I agree 1 is about right as there's about 10 is a d-s bag I reckon.
    I got given a large box of Malteasers the other day!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Hi guys

Went to WI last nite and was down 1.5lbs so thats 20lbs in total can not believe it, im so delighted with myself!

Walking in the rain for 45 mins really did work so!!

Well done everybody that has lost this week and good luck to all that still have to WI.

Anyone that has gained put it behind you and start afresh - lord knows I have had to do it so many times!!

Have a great weekend everybody!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

was down a pound today delighted, its my bday today so I can now enjoy it and go mad for one day haha ill be good for the rest of the week then :P

alpha2010 wrote: »
    was down a pound today delighted, its my bday today so I can now enjoy it and go mad for one day haha ill be good for the rest of the week then :P

Happy Birthday Alpha!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭rachums

Hey all,

I joined weight watchers yesterday and am determined to do it right!
    But i have already slipped up! i went out for dinner as it was my sisters bday and got lasange and chips! i have no idea how to point this! can anyone tell me how i can judge this?!

I feel like just quitting already!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

lol! Dont quit!!!

You've six more days of good eating ahead of you. You'll still be fine next week.

To be honest I'd just write it off and start again now!!

Butternut Squash are a healthy alternative to chips as demonstrated by Jacqui

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67344028&postcount=2143

And here's a low fat lasagne recipe for the next time

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeid=7012972

Get reading your weight watchers start up book again and get organised for the rest of the week and you'll be fine. Its all about being prepared and organised as far as I'm concerned

Good luck! :)

• Advertisement

My top ww tip
    do not watch The Great British Bake Off! I want cake now....badly!

Ooooh Friday, the day I want to splurge! Going out tomorrow night though so trying to be good but I want crisps so badly. I crave salt so much I feel I should go and get a salt lick!! Best of luck to everyone over the weekend, remember nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!!

who.dunnit wrote: »
    Ooooh Friday, the day I want to splurge! Going out tomorrow night though so trying to be good but I want crisps so badly. I crave salt so much I feel I should go and get a salt lick!! Best of luck to everyone over the weekend, remember nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!!

Sorry who.dunnit- I have to rephrase that cause I can't allow anyone to sink to the level of quoting Kate Moss...

"Nothing tastes as good as feeling good about yourself"

Sorry!

Haha our WW leader says that to us all the time! I felt good about myself when I was 2 stone heavier so I'm gonna stick to my original quote :D

That's ok- depends on your interpretation.

Yours is positive- good! I really don't mean to detract from that.

My heart breaks every time I hear that phrase cause a family member uses that phrase constantly, and her daughter has an active anorexia diagnosis.

<Sorry>

Muirgheal wrote: »
    Sorry who.dunnit- I have to rephrase that cause I can't allow anyone to sink to the level of quoting Kate Moss...

"Nothing tastes as good as feeling good about yourself"

Sorry!

or another alternative....

"Nothing tastes as good as feeling healthier & lighter"

:D

My top ww tip
    do not watch The Great British Bake Off! I want cake now....badly!

I did watch it :( I did want cake :( I ate cake :(

Kicking my self over it, but god it was so good! But its out of my system no longer craving it. Carrot Cake! Yuminess!

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    I did watch it :( I did want cake :( I ate cake :(

Kicking my self over it, but god it was so good! But its out of my system no longer craving it. Carrot Cake! Yuminess!

Sure carrots are free, how bad could it be? ;)

Here's a ww recipe
    https://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeId=7009512

Sure carrots are free, how bad could it be? ;)

Here's a ww recipe
    https://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeId=7009512

oooooooH! that looks good!

the one i pigged out on was store bought, and COVERED int full fat creamy rich butter icing lol.

But it was my weight in day, so i have the whole week to recover! and i been Extra good since the cake Thursday night :)

I even cleaned out my wardrobe yesterday...I AM OFFICIALLY DOWN A JEAN SIZE! i fit into old jeans :D

and....drum roll please......I FIT INTO MY "SOME DAY JEANS"!

you know those jeans we had to buy, they were on sale, crazy price never to be repeated. they weren't quite our size but "ah sure i'll lose a little bit of wieght and i'll get into them"

well when i got these....they didnt even go up over my kneee's while open...they looked like denium socks! Well now i can slip them right on WHILE THEY ARE STILL CLOSED! okay they are still tight and dont look flattering....yet....but they are ON & buttoned!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

Muirgheal wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Alpha!

Thanks very much Muirgheal

God I think I went 50 points over haha ahh well it was worth it, at least I have 6 days to make up for it :)

no more drink for me for the next few weeks haha I need to lose more than just a pound a week :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement