Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

sorry to hear your bad news folks:(. have kinda resingned myslef to the fact im gonna be up a pound or two this week just gonna try and be good till my WI on thurs

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ladiee24

hey guys,

sorry to hear all the bad news with redundancies it's not easy! :(

WW wise i'm doing good :) i signed up to the UK WW site newsletter & have been getting some great recepies that you can't so i've been cooking up a storm. had a little slip with a bottle of wine on friday night but i cooked everything low points this weekend so i'm well on track to stay within my points!

i'm finding it really hard to drink my water as it's just so bloody cold & i don't drink tea or coffee so a little lost on how to keep the water up whilst being almost ice block like! :D

good luck to everyone with weigh in this week lets hope the weather doesn't interfer too much :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Serafijn

Wine is my downfall too but well done guys for keeping all else low points. I would do better if my OH didn't like takeaway so much hehe.

Have you tried different kinds of tea ladiee24? I drink green tea a lot and the fruity flavours you can get are nice and tasty and not like tea at all. You could also try cordial made up with hot water, or just hot water on its own. All good ways to keep hydrated without freezing yourself!

thanks serafijn not mad on the teas they just tastes like grass to me :D

i might try sugar free cordial with hot water though thanks for the suggestion! will let you know how i get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭crazy_lady

Hi there,

sorry for hi-jacking the thread, they were talking about this in my ww class last week, has anyone seen it in the shops lately? no sign in any of my local stores around citywest etc?

i have a big craving but little points!!:(

Thanks!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭niamh.brady

crazy_lady wrote: »
    Hi there,

sorry for hi-jacking the thread, they were talking about this in my ww class last week, has anyone seen it in the shops lately? no sign in any of my local stores around citywest etc?

i have a big craving but little points!!:(

Thanks!!

Hi Crazy lady, you should be able to get it in Dunnes. They have a low fat one and a slimline one and to be honest it tastes just as good as the regular fat stuff to me.

First WW weigh in for me tonight since joining back though - fingers are crossed so tight that I may be losing circulation.

Hi niamh,

Thanks for the quick reply! i've looked in dunnes in citywest and tallaght but they didnt have it, could you please tell me which dunnes you saw it in?

Good luck for the wi, hope you do great! im a 1st timer since just before Xmas (such a wrong time to start...i know!)

Thanks!

Hi niamh,

Thanks for the quick reply! i've looked in dunnes in citywest and tallaght but they didnt have it, could you please tell me which dunnes you saw it in?

Good luck for the wi, hope you do great! im a 1st timer since just before Xmas (such a wrong time to start...i know!)

Thanks!

Hi Crazy lady, I've seen it in a few in the country but nearest to you probably the Square in Tallaght. It always seems to be on the top shelf - if it's not with the normal sliced cheese look close to the Philadelphia.

Also, for anyone having problems getting 0% fat fromage frais/greek yoghurt - some (not all) Tescos have a massive tub called something like Normandy Fromage Frais which is 0% fat (well 0.2%) and is a great substitute for cream, creme fraiche, yoghurt etc in cooking or served on its own. It is beside the creme fraiche etc and is in their healthier choices range. It costs 99 cent so it is good. Consistency looks a bit weird when you add to a hot recipe but it tastes the same as the high fat versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I'm sorry if this a bit off topic, but I can't find my blue weigh in card. I have my chart with my weigh in details and membership number, but cannot fathom were my blue card went.

Does anyone know how I go about the situation losing my blue card?

Hi niamh,

Thanks!

Hi Crazy lady - weighed in - 2.5lbs down do delighted. Woo hoo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

JBoyle4eva wrote: »
    I'm sorry if this a bit off topic, but I can't find my blue weigh in card. I have my chart with my weigh in details and membership number, but cannot fathom were my blue card went.

Does anyone know how I go about the situation losing my blue card?

If you go to your usual meeting they should have your details on the machine and be able to give you a temporary card for the week. You can then order a replacement card from your leader. It takes a week and costs about €3 I think.

Hi to all the new people! Looks like there has been a lot of activity here while I've been away, well done everyone.

I am only just back after an extended post christmas holiday, but have managed to maintain my pre - Christmas weight, which I am pretty happy about since I was eating out 3 times a day!

I need to get back into the swing of things now though - maintenance is not good enough, I need to be losing! I'll see how weigh in goes on Wednesday and then make a plan from there.

Hi Crazy lady - weighed in - 2.5lbs down do delighted. Woo hoo!

Thats brill.. well done!! 2.5 in one weeks you must be walking the legs off yourself! mine is wed evening, ill be happy with any loss or even STS after the weekend!!

why are weekends so cruel??

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

having a bit of an all over the place week. after missing my weigh in last week was hard to get focused again so my weekend was a bit of a disaster (but sure whats new?! :P). been good again since monday, and had been good last week, so fingers crossed the scales are nice to me tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lara_la

hey all new to the boards and to weight watchers, just started last week and goin for my first wieght in 2moro!!! so hopefully i have lost somethin. i found it hard at the weekend coz eat out alot as well as drink too so ne advice on how you guys deal with theses would be great:).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I had 3lb off :)

I was happy until my mother got on the scales, she lost 7.5! :p

I'm still delighted though!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

Well done misslt! (And to your mum!)

I was up 1 pound :( I guess my hols are catching up on me, I thought I'd gotten away with it all a bit easily!

I really need to get back on track to make some progress towards me goal. I think stepping up the exercise is going to be the only way to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

How are we all this weds eve :D:D

Well done MissIt brilliant weight loss and ur mam too!!
    Litup dnt be too bummed it was only a pound it could have been more than that...keep it goin uv done so brill so far :):)

Got my 3rd Stone tonight absolutely thrilled... was dwn 3lb altogether.. Delighted now im gonna really enjoy my weekend away :):)..

Gud luck to all reat WI tonight and tamo kk...!!

Got my 3rd Stone tonight absolutely thrilled... was dwn 3lb altogether.. Delighted now im gonna really enjoy my weekend away :):)..

Gud luck to all reat WI tonight and tamo kk...!!

shellybelly a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS going your way girl i'm so happy for you!!! you've done yourself proud!!! you'll have an extra special weekend away now & it's well deserved!!

to the other boardies - well done on the loss & as shellybelly said too don't cut yourself up too much about a pound you'll have that gone next week i promise & maybe a half a pound on top of that! best of luck i've got my WI tmrw & will hopefully be getting my second stone i was up 1.5 pounds two weeks ago & missed my class last week due to the stinking weather so i'm really going for my 2nd stone this week!

just remember GOLD/GOAL will be mine in 2009!!!

well done shellybelly, thats fantastic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

Down 10.5lbs altogether now. Has been very slow. However now for some reason I am more motivated than I have been to date and am determined to be down 1 stone 7 lbs (i.e. another 10.5lbs) by mid-March as have events in March. I think for me I needed the 0.5s and 1s I was initially getting to add up to a bigger number (and big loss of 3.5lbs this week) to mentally commit myself to this. I felt like I wasn't getting any results despite my hard work, so now that it is slowly beginning to pay off, it has spurred me on more or something. Determined to get the first stone by end of Feb.

Well done shellybelly and everyone else, you're doing fabulously!!

Hoping to reach my goal by April/early May, will get back to you when I figure out the target date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

hey folks, went to my WI tonight after missing a week and was up 1 but not too upset had a rough few weeks so back on the wagon tomorrow , well done to all who lost this week

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hey...jus wanted to say thanks for the congrats msgs...so good to share this with you all..Iv stiil long way to go yet but im gettin there..an im delighted!!

Countin dwn de days to my weekend away..:D:D headn dwn sat morning so il be enjoying myself alll day sat and sunday :L:L... Im hoping my trips to the gym this week and den after the weekend can let me maintain next week...Have to always be thinkin ahead haha :D:D

Enjoy ur valentines weekends....!! Onwards and Downwards my friends!! xxx

hey everyone

well had my weigh in tonight i was down 2 pounds! delighted still that half pound off my second stone my body's really making me earn this one!!! then i'm hoping the 3rd will be a bit easier :D

so next week i'll be declaring my 2nd stone fingers & lips crossed :rolleyes:

have a lovely weekend to all who are heading off i'm a wee bit jealous i'm without a signifcant other this valentines day but i'm going to give myself a nice weekend regardless!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Hey gues, had my WI tonight. My weight remained unchanged. Kinda a bit odd that this week had no effect on my body, but oh well. Determined to do well this week again.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lara_la

down a pound and a half! first week delighted keep it goin now :) wd to all too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Well done everyone!

I've been trying to be really good all week because I want to enjoy myself tomorrow night and not bother with my points :)

I'm glad that its working, its worth the effort!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 MIDWIFEnTRAININ

Hey...jus wanted to say thanks for the congrats msgs...so good to share this with you all..Iv stiil long way to go yet but im gettin there..an im delighted!!

Countin dwn de days to my weekend away..:D:D headn dwn sat morning so il be enjoying myself alll day sat and sunday :L:L... Im hoping my trips to the gym this week and den after the weekend can let me maintain next week...Have to always be thinkin ahead haha :D:D

Enjoy ur valentines weekends....!! Onwards and Downwards my friends!! xxx

Hi Shell
    do u ever stop talkin bout urself :) u crazy crazy child :) so happy for ur weight loss lil sis im so proud of u. wish i could be as motivated.

WI weds I stayd d same. wasn up so its a bit of a bonus. but findin it really hard now, any time i was in it before i always began to feel it hard around this weight n did not continue most of the time.

need the motivation for exercise. I hate walkin i no its brill but hate it. Would like to join a gym but its tryin to fit it al in wit trainin to be a midwife, studyn , my lil boy n travelin in general :( its all so busy!!!

any one any tips on getn d exercise in while not runnin myself into the ground wit exhaustion???? ;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭1lbAtaTime

Hi All
    Seems like it has been a very mixed week for us all this week. I was down 1 pound which was good given the amount i ate and drank on Saturday but I have to admit I had to stick to 16 points every day for the rest of the week which was difficult as I was quite hungry for the 5 days!! I had had 2 weeks of being up so I was just so determined not to see another plus on the scales.
    Anyway i've nothing planned for this week so am determined to have an even better weight loss this week and have gotten off to a good start today, got up and went for a walk before work, avoided the box of roses at work and made a healthy dinner.
    Currently fighting for my 4th stone....it seems an age since I got the last one, seems to get harder the more you loose and I suppose it is hard to keep the motivation going all the time too.
    Well done Shelly Belly,,,,,,great achievement, you must feel a million dollars this weekend :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭zedhead

Hey, just found this thread. Being going to ww on and off for over 7 years now. Ive never made it down to goal, closest was back in september, was 3lbs off and then had a really rough few months so put on a stone and a half. I am still down a stone and a half since originally starting, but am very determined to after all these years finally make it to goal this time!! Have had a rocky restart the past 3 weeks, but am making this week the turning point.
    Just reading through the recent posts and everyone seems to be doing great. Looks like a great place to come for support and advice!!

Just wondering has anyone tried the setpoints eating out way on the new programme. Have a few dinners out this week and was thinking of trying it, but am nervous as not sure id stop when satisfied, it was the same reason i never did the core plan before.

• Advertisement

im sick of it all now to be honest. i missed my weigh in last week, but id been good all week, i had a bad day last weekend but id been REALLY good mon-thurs to make up for it & saved a couple of points each day - on thurs i stayed the same. after 2 weeks of it! to say i was p*ssed off was an understatement. i actually felt like crying.

still a bit annoyed. in a bit of a "whats the point" mood now. ate very badly yesterday :(

im going to TRY now properly from now until next thursday. im still in a bad mood about it all though :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement