Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Toasted Special in my George Foreman

2 ww wraps - 1.5 pt each!
    2 pre-packed deli style slices of ham 1/2 pt each
    3 Extra Light Laughing Cow Triangles 1 pt for 3

Red Onion 0 pts, one could also throw in any other veg and salad you want. Tomatoes, Peppers, ect.

***Lettuce & Cucumber works best if added AFTER grilling****

*Spread 1 and 1/2 laughing cow over each wrap, getting a decent cheesy base.

* Slice the red onion, what ever way you like it, and spread as much onion as you desire over each cheesy wrap.

*Dice and slice the two slices of ham, I always find it feels like alot more ham when its chopped up and sprinkle 1 chopped up slice on each wrap.

*Close them up carefully, taking care not to tear the wraps, and place into a preheated sandwich maker/george forman.

* I use a watered down extra virgin olive oil mixture in a spray bottle, a few light sprays of that should be enough to toast the wraps, I use a 3 part water to one part oil mixture, so its barely worth pointing.

* They look quite small, so I like to open them up and add the lettace and more red onion to bulk them up.

Total = 5pts (not including the tiny amount of oil used)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Sure carrots are free, how bad could it be? ;)

Here's a ww recipe
    https://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeId=7009512

Just made this and its yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭susita06

soooo.... does any one have any tips on how to stay on track when all you ever want to do recently is eat everything around you???! after hitting a really bad patch!! was very good all of july got to six stone down and promised I would get to goal soon..... had two pretty bad weeks that meant I was up this week 3.5 lbs. So I promised myself I would be very good this week, have struggled so far and now have hurt my leg which rules out exercise for the timebeing... going on holidays on tuesday and starting to get a bit panicky!!! Am going back to college mid sept and really want to be as close to goal as i can be but I cant seem to stop myself!! starting to think maybe I just needed a few weeks to get this out of my system before getting back on track!

susita06 wrote: »
    soooo.... does any one have any tips on how to stay on track when all you ever want to do recently is eat everything around you???! after hitting a really bad patch!! was very good all of july got to six stone down and promised I would get to goal soon..... had two pretty bad weeks that meant I was up this week 3.5 lbs. So I promised myself I would be very good this week, have struggled so far and now have hurt my leg which rules out exercise for the timebeing... going on holidays on tuesday and starting to get a bit panicky!!! Am going back to college mid sept and really want to be as close to goal as i can be but I cant seem to stop myself!! starting to think maybe I just needed a few weeks to get this out of my system before getting back on track!

I feel your pain in every agonizing way. Last two weeks all I've wanted to do is eat eat eat. And i'm back at college in 3 weeks time! 6 stone....oh wow that is amazing! I want to know YOUR tips! How long did that take you?

Water! Start your day with a pint of water with your breakfast,
    I put a bit of warm water through it to take the cold out of it. and I used a cheap mixed fruit squash for flavor.

Holiday might be just what you need, maybe your stress eating, your getting so worked up over not losing lbs that your body is looking for emotional food.

I hit a platau for THREE MONTHS! But one of my friends came to stay and we went out shopping and drinking and dancing I relaxed, that week i lost 2lbs.

You'll be okay chic! I have a load of great recipes I've been emailing few the ppl on here, PM me your email address i'll send ya the recipes!

This is a great website for WW recipes

http://www.skinnytaste.com/p/about-me.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭rachums

http://www.skinnytaste.com..
    Just checked it out! good site.

Is there a recipe thread of this forum? i just joined and there are like 300 pages of this! i would like to get pointers and different ideas for meals!

I wonder if anyone can help me with this question! i joined weight watchers last thurday, i find im actually not eating breakfast till 12ish so ill just have eggs for my breakfast/lunch...but then im not using all my points cause im "skipping meals". for example yesterday i used up about 12 and a half points out of 23, is this all wrong? how do i do this properly?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 passoto

Hi Everyone!
    Thanks for all the support and encouragement to my last post! This week was a lot better and I am down 2lbs! So 1lb away from losing a stone! Kind weird though as dont feel hungry like you would on fad diets so its great!

rachums wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone can help me with this question! i joined weight watchers last thurday, i find im actually not eating breakfast till 12ish so ill just have eggs for my breakfast/lunch...but then im not using all my points cause im "skipping meals". for example yesterday i used up about 12 and a half points out of 23, is this all wrong? how do i do this properly?!

Hey, Rach,

I know it goes against your nature, but you do need to use your points, You need to eat in order for your body to get the energy to actually burn fat and lose weight.

2 slices of toast with flora light is about 3.5 pts, takes 10 mins in the morning. and will use up a few points and break the fast, which will kick start your metabolism for the day. If you starve your body of points and energy it will RETAIN fat becuase it thinks there is a food shortage.

I lost 2 and half stone on ww over 6 months...then i hit a platue for THREE MONTHS....the problem was traced back to not eating enough....so skimping on points and food will come back and bite you in the ass big time!

Trust in the programme! It DOES work!

If you love indulgent coffee's, Try Nescafe SKINNY mocha! Its in TESCO!

1.5pt per sachet! Another nice way to use up a point or two, plus I find warm drinks fill me in the evening and stop me snacking!

Also you don't have to stick to the 3 set meals, as you have a late start to the day, maybe try four smaller mini meals, so your not overloading your body with heavy meals, especially a heavy dinner, which just ends up sitting in your stomach till morning,

Drink plenty of water, 2 to 3 litres!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭sophie1234

weekend over and i think i did ok!! find out on tuesday at WI! only thing is was in the cinema and got the LOW fat ben a jerrys two scoops but when i started eating it didnt taste very low fat and it was so good i couldnt stop eating it!! has any one had the chocolate fudge low fat ben and jerrys is it really chocolate and yummy or was i given the full fat one in witch case i cannot point it at 5 it was prob about 18!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement

sophie1234 wrote: »
    weekend over and i think i did ok!! find out on tuesday at WI! only thing is was in the cinema and got the LOW fat ben a jerrys two scoops but when i started eating it didnt taste very low fat and it was so good i couldnt stop eating it!! has any one had the chocolate fudge low fat ben and jerrys is it really chocolate and yummy or was i given the full fat one in witch case i cannot point it at 5 it was prob about 18!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

lol! I had that chocolate fudge low fat ben and jerry's at the cinema once and I had the same suspicions as you ....that it tasted way too nice to be low fat.

I reckon they might have left out half a teaspoon of something in the ingredients and labelled it low fat!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭sophie1234

dolliemix wrote: »
    lol! I had that chocolate fudge low fat ben and jerry's at the cinema once and I had the same suspicions as you ....that it tasted way too nice to be low fat.

I reckon they might have left out half a teaspoon of something in the ingredients and labelled it low fat!!! :D

haha i no the one you buy in the supermarket in the tub isnt that bad but never buy it cause id just eat the whole tub! im just wondering if the cinema just gave me the full fat one not caring......because they just have the lable there but it isnt really there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭susita06

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    I feel your pain in every agonizing way. Last two weeks all I've wanted to do is eat eat eat. And i'm back at college in 3 weeks time! 6 stone....oh wow that is amazing! I want to know YOUR tips! How long did that take you?

Water! Start your day with a pint of water with your breakfast,
    I put a bit of warm water through it to take the cold out of it. and I used a cheap mixed fruit squash for flavor.

Holiday might be just what you need, maybe your stress eating, your getting so worked up over not losing lbs that your body is looking for emotional food.

I hit a platau for THREE MONTHS! But one of my friends came to stay and we went out shopping and drinking and dancing I relaxed, that week i lost 2lbs.

You'll be okay chic! I have a load of great recipes I've been emailing few the ppl on here, PM me your email address i'll send ya the recipes!

It is just so annoying!!! :mad: am the six stone took me exactly a year and a half but slowed down hugely in the last few months! Ya the emoptional eating is a big thing for me! Thinking about it today I kinda realised I was putting alot of pressure on my slef to go back to college as the "new" me and it would be last time I would get that kind of feeling etc!

I would LOVE if you would help me with that!1 I always find if I try new things, and cook etc I am kept occupied, dont pick and enjoy it more!!! PM? I have no idea how to do that though!

and THANK YOU!!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

Darn, I can't find my booklet from week 1 telling you how to work out your daily point allowance. Is it still like this for men:

male - 9
    age 21-35 - 4
    13stone 1lb - 13
    height 5'9 - 2
    sitting mostly(student) - 0

= 28 points?

Seems alot(until i get hungry :p)

Does anyone know if there is a ww UK app for mobile phones, i know there is an american one, but that works out points differently to UK system.

I found a handy little one for my desktop on computer, just be handy to have one on my phone too for out and about, even though i do have an actual ww calculator, but im constantly forgetting it.

http://points.ogo.ms/ - desk top ww calculator, you can use it from the website, or download it as a programme on computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

1 Are You:
    Female Score 3 ____
    Male Score 9 _____

2 How Old Are You?
    16 - 20 Score 5 _____
    21 - 35 Score 4 _____
    36 - 50 Score 3 __
    51 - 65 Score 2 _____
    Over 65 Score 1 _____

3 How Many Stones Do You Weigh?
    Ignore the lb, the number of stones is your score for
    this question. Someone who weighs 12st 4lb will score 12

4 How Tall Are You?
    Under 5ft 4ins Score 1 _____
    5ft 4ins or above Score 2 ___

5 In Your Day To Day Life Are You:
    Sitting down most of the time Score 0 __
    Occasionally sitting, but mainly standing Score 2 _____
    Walking most of the time Score 4 _____
    Doing physically hard work most of the time Score 6 _____

6 Do You Want To:
    Lose weight Score 0 _
    Maintain your current weight Score 6 _____

NOW ADD UP YOUR SCORE _____

THIS IS YOUR DAILY POINTS ALLOWANCE

Thanks Lady Lainy, Thats some really good advice! I had some breakfast this monring - Two wheatabix with some skimmed milk so that helped bring up some points, vegatable lasanga for lunch and soup and WW brown bread for dinner, so think i had a goood day overall!

Im not a fan of teas and coffees so im drinking water all the time so thats a plus too!

I guess i just need to remember when i am eating to go for healthier options..

Thanks Lady Lainy, Thats some really good advice! I had some breakfast this monring - Two wheatabix with some skimmed milk so that helped bring up some points, vegatable lasanga for lunch and soup and WW brown bread for dinner, so think i had a goood day overall!

Im not a fan of teas and coffees so im drinking water all the time so thats a plus too!

I guess i just need to remember when i am eating to go for healthier options..

but allow your self a treat every now and then, just plan for it and you'll be flying it in no time :D nothing beats the water, fills ya up, great for the skin, and 0 pts :)

Sounds like you VERY VERY good for the day overall! You should be proud. tomorrow you'll prob find easier, because you did so well today :) you'll want to keep the good streak up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 who.dunnit

oh dear, was up 2 pounds in the weigh in this week!! must get back into it although i know it'll be 3 more weeks before i properly can because of so many events coming up and I want to enjoy myself at em! Hope everyone is doing well with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 time_for_action

hi all.. havent been on here in ages but im still attending ww. so far ive lost 22.5lbs... very happy ! wished i had lost more by now (was a bridesmaid last week) but i cant complain. im goin to continue on have another 14lbs to loose. hopefully by christmas. well done to all on here. WW has definitely worked so far for me.

• Advertisement

Trying the ww carbonara recipe tonight for dinner!

I REALLY hope its tasty! :D

ooooh let us know if its nice! i had a fairly good day today too!

Bought some ww's bars and yummy yogurts today! and also my leader told us curly wurly's are only two and half points so gonna get me one of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 sally123

hi,
    just back from holidays and have gone and gained 4lbs which took ages to lose in the first place so feeling demoralised at the minute, has anyone any helpful tips on how to undo the damage fast as have important party coming up in about 10 days

Sally

sally123 wrote: »
    hi,
    just back from holidays and have gone and gained 4lbs which took ages to lose in the first place so feeling demoralised at the minute, has anyone any helpful tips on how to undo the damage fast as have important party coming up in about 10 days

Sally

Do quickstart menu, by the book, no junk, no booze, loads of water, and it should come off pretty fast.

thanks dotcomdolly,
    that's what i've started today but i'm only saving a point cos my points are 19 but gotta try it's just hard knowing you've no one else to blame when you've undone weeks and weeks of slow painful weightloss because i'ts after taking me about 3 months to lose that much and that's sticking to my points bar the odd outing etc and you see someone lose twice that much in their 1st week. But hey that's all the moaning i'm going to do, lets try positive and maybe it'll fall off by next week. By the way have you tried the fast start and if so how did it go for you?

Bought some ww's bars and yummy yogurts today! and also my leader told us curly wurly's are only two and half points so gonna get me one of them!

The Carbonara was DEVINE!

the recipe was under the lunch section so was a smaller portion for 5 points. well I just earned 4 points in the gym, and i've ben WARNED I must eat my work out points. so i doubled the recipe to make it a decent dinner...

My god it was the nicest dinner i've had in SO long...even had a vodka and diet coke with it :D it was THAT good points wise and taste wise!

By the way have you tried the fast start and if so how did it go for you?

Hiya, eh, not really :) I was only on 20 pts for 4 weeks, and then on 18 anyway. I do try to eat all the time in the spirit of quickstart ie, naturally. I keep sweets & biscuits to a minimum, same with alcohol.
    I joined June 09 at 11'7 got to goal of 10 stone in the October, and since then have lost another half stone.

I doubled the recipe, but ended up leaving out one of the eggs, save my self 1.5pt in the recipe and used it for a vodka in my diet coke instead hehehehe!

only problem was, the frying pan was too hot by the time i had to add the egg and milk, the egg sorta scrambled...but ah sure it still tasted GORGEOUS!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭corasam

hi,

Sally

Make a huge effort this week on activity as well as food. Get out and do something everyday, walk/jog whatever u usually do just do alot more of it. use the disappointment to motivate yourself, so turn it into something good instead of bad. good luck.

• Advertisement

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    I doubled the recipe, but ended up leaving out one of the eggs, save my self 1.5pt in the recipe and used it for a vodka in my diet coke instead hehehehe!

only problem was, the frying pan was too hot by the time i had to add the egg and milk, the egg sorta scrambled...but ah sure it still tasted GORGEOUS!

That looks and sounds scrumptious just wondering what recipe book that you used for it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement