Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 sally123

Hiya, eh, not really :) I was only on 20 pts for 4 weeks, and then on 18 anyway. I do try to eat all the time in the spirit of quickstart ie, naturally. I keep sweets & biscuits to a minimum, same with alcohol.
    I joined June 09 at 11'7 got to goal of 10 stone in the October, and since then have lost another half stone.

thanks for that you've done really really well so and to keep it off too this is my 2nd day of the fast start though i'v done my own meals but kept to the recommended points for the day and so far so good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

sally123 wrote: »
    That looks and sounds scrumptious just wondering what recipe book that you used for it

Its from the new ww cookbook, "Just for me" It's all recipes for the weight watcher cooking for one.

Whats your email address? I have recipe scanned into computer. I can send it to ya :D

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

So excited typing this - prob on a big mad adrenaline rush lol. I decided enough was enough & needed to lose weight back in July. I stood at 168 lb. I had lost a little bit before I joined WW so officially weighed in at 164. ( i got same on wii that night) They set my goal at 11st 1 ( im 5ft 8"). I was just playing there with the kiddies o the wii & decided to weigh myself on the scales. I'M 156.2. Thats like 1.2lb off their goal........ I feel elated that a goal is so close!!! Everfeel like the one who never achieves anything ?? well I feel super. So even if im a lb or so up on their scales tomo I just feel super that I am so close to achieving something - something for me - not for him or the kids or the house - Just for ME!.

Now the big question is how many hours do i need to walk & do on the bike to lose that 1.2 by weigh in tomorrow lol lol lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Amre17

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Its from the new ww cookbook, "Just for me" It's all recipes for the weight watcher cooking for one.

Whats your email address? I have recipe scanned into computer. I can send it to ya :D

Hi Lady Lainy..

Any chance i could get that recipe off you too.. ive been thinking about it ever since i looked at your photos!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭gaoife

lucy2010 wrote: »
    So excited typing this - prob on a big mad adrenaline rush lol. I decided enough was enough & needed to lose weight back in July. I stood at 168 lb. I had lost a little bit before I joined WW so officially weighed in at 164. ( i got same on wii that night) They set my goal at 11st 1 ( im 5ft 8"). I was just playing there with the kiddies o the wii & decided to weigh myself on the scales. I'M 156.2. Thats like 1.2lb off their goal........ I feel elated that a goal is so close!!! Everfeel like the one who never achieves anything ?? well I feel super. So even if im a lb or so up on their scales tomo I just feel super that I am so close to achieving something - something for me - not for him or the kids or the house - Just for ME!.

Now the big question is how many hours do i need to walk & do on the bike to lose that 1.2 by weigh in tomorrow lol lol lol.
    `

Well done Lucy :D cant wait for that feeling

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 sally123

that would be great it's sallystown@yahoo.ie, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

lucy2010 wrote: »

you go girl! you are an inspiration to us all... weigh in tomorrow and i have had a bad week :mad:

Amre17 wrote: »
    Hi Lady Lainy..

Any chance i could get that recipe off you too.. ive been thinking about it ever since i looked at your photos!

yeah no worries, i'll email it to you, whats your email address?
    i just had it again tonight for dinner! Yummi!

Just make sure you chop off all visible fat from rashers,
    I use the St bernard (dunnes) cheapest ones in white packaging, you end up throwing out half the rasher but thats okay as they are dirt cheap! As the recipe calls for ONE rashers, I used two lean non fatty halves of two rashers, i figure that adds up to one lean rasher :P

The egg does kinda turn into scramble rather than a sauce, but still taste great! I cleaned the plate & I'm stuffed! No chance of me snacking late tonight before my weigh in tomorrow morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Seb_bixby

Any chance that I could get that off you as well please! It looks yummy, and I love that stuff! :D I'll PM you my email address. Thanks, your a legend! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 wexchick

Hi guys,
    Headin to my first weight watchers meetin in the morning. been putting it off for years. I have had terrible weight problems over the past few years, lost 4 stone over past 4 years, thankfully that weight fell off without ne major dieting, however in last few months its creeping back up again!!!! have steadily put on a stone :( can't seem to loose the weight, yoyo dieting ect. hopefully ww will help loose the rest of the weight. what exactly happens during the meetings?? av general idea of the points plan but don't know what to expect from the meetings other than the weigh in. actually kind of nervous?!?! ne one shed ne light on them 4 me???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ONE DIP

well done Lucy 2010 , cant wait to get that feeling but 4 stone to go think i might be waiting awhile but fair play to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

just wondering about eskimo glass sweets, my bf has a huge bag of them in his house and I eat around 10 a day and I never point them or anything, I actually never thought of it

would anyone know how much they would be ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 AmeliaPond

alpha2010 wrote: »
    just wondering about eskimo glass sweets, my bf has a huge bag of them in his house and I eat around 10 a day and I never point them or anything, I actually never thought of it

would anyone know how much they would be ???

Your average boiled sweet is around 30 calories, so you'd be taking in 300... which is 4 1/2 points!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

OK- WI this week -3lbs.
    wexchick wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Headin to my first weight watchers meetin in the morning. been putting it off for years. I have had terrible weight problems over the past few years, lost 4 stone over past 4 years, thankfully that weight fell off without ne major dieting, however in last few months its creeping back up again!!!! have steadily put on a stone :( can't seem to loose the weight, yoyo dieting ect. hopefully ww will help loose the rest of the weight. what exactly happens during the meetings?? av general idea of the points plan but don't know what to expect from the meetings other than the weigh in. actually kind of nervous?!?! ne one shed ne light on them 4 me???

Hi wexchick, welcome to the party!

You'll probably have been to the meeting by the time you read this, but don't worry, nobody announces your weight to the world or anything.

I have found it really helpful to wait for the full meeting cause the amount of info that is exchanged is really useful, ie sharing new recipes, or products or little tricks for coping with social situations etc. Our leader is bril and she remembers all that's going on in our lives, ie who has a wedding coming up or a birthday or a holiday, so she'll always give you the extra bit of encouragement for the event, and ways to survive it.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 wexchick

thanks muirgeal, just on my way now. don't fell as nervous actually looking 4ward to it :)

AmeliaPond wrote: »
    Your average boiled sweet is around 30 calories, so you'd be taking in 300... which is 4 1/2 points!

thanks .. well the sweets are in the bin, so I have been eating 4 points more every day :( crap :P weigh in today :O:O

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭corasam

WI today, -1 lb. Know a loss is a loss but still feel disappointed, one more lb and i'd have a stone gone. will have to wait till next week :(.

Thing is I've been thinking in my head and telling everyone I've already lost a stone and a half - and even took a trip to Dublin for a celebratory shopping trip. But I've only nearly lost a stone and half - 6 lbs before joining, and 13 more after joining, so I'm actually 2 lb off the stone and half. but thats the problem with rounding up. Now I feel like I'm getting nowhere even tho I'm actually still going down and getting closer to my goal. Anyways, just a cautionary tale, don't round up, cos then when u lose its a little like u didn't actually lose.

and yes, i know, should still be happy for progress i've made, and i am. U shoulda since how delighted i was going out sat night in my new skinny jeans, and fitting into size smaller in the dressing rooms, and dressing rooms not being such a horrible depressing place anymore.. yes will focus on that!

wexchick wrote: »
    thanks muirgeal, just on my way now. don't fell as nervous actually looking 4ward to it :)

best of luck, joining is a big milestone. it gets better from here!

Muirgheal wrote: »
    OK- WI this week -3lbs.

Hi wexchick, welcome to the party!

You'll probably have been to the meeting by the time you read this, but don't worry, nobody announces your weight to the world or anything.

I have found it really helpful to wait for the full meeting cause the amount of info that is exchanged is really useful, ie sharing new recipes, or products or little tricks for coping with social situations etc. Our leader is bril and she remembers all that's going on in our lives, ie who has a wedding coming up or a birthday or a holiday, so she'll always give you the extra bit of encouragement for the event, and ways to survive it.

Good luck.

well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

happy days :)... Week 3 weighin today... was dreading it and guess what (drum roll please) i lost 1.5 lbs... which is phenominal for me... :D

I put it down to eating half of my activity points.... i am on 16 points and earn 1-2 points per day and i was saving them all, last week at our meeting the leader said you need to eat half of your activities points or else your body goes into starvation mode... i guess she was right (week before i lost half a pound)... so i am delighted.. 4lbs gone yahoo!

• Advertisement

lost a pound this week, not too bad considering the week I have had. In total I have lost 3 and a half stone in 5 months, only 10 more pounds to go woo :)

Down 2lbs this week! DEEEEELIGHTED!

Started November 18th 2009, Totaly Loss = 38lbs, with platue of 3 long month! Hoping to get to hit 60lbs by christmas!

Aiming and hoping for 1.5lbs a week, thats doable, right?

Had that ww carbonara 3 times this week for dinner :D Went to the farmers market today to stock up on minute steak and chicken breasts to try the rest of the recipes!

Spending tomorrow walking around Fota in the sun for hours and hours :D sunshine, animals & great company!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭rachums

Well done to everyone! doing so well!

So i had my first weigh in since joining and wasnt sure if i was doing it properly! but, surprisingly, lost four pounds! Yay! :)

rachums wrote: »
    Well done to everyone! doing so well!

So i had my first weigh in since joining and wasnt sure if i was doing it properly! but, surprisingly, lost four pounds! Yay! :)

Excellent stuff! Keep it up!

****just tearing the film of ww double chocolate brownie****my thursday night ritual after weigh in :D

I need to get hold of some of those recipes, :)

alpha2010 wrote: »
    I need to get hold of some of those recipes, :)

Pm me your email address and you'll have them in 5 mins

Book is called "Just For Me" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 AmeliaPond

Congrats to all the successful weight losers (?) this week!

I'm down 2.5 lbs - that's 14.5 lbs in just 6 weeks :D Absolutely thrilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Hey everybody!

You're all doing so well. Well done!

I didn't make it to weigh in. I'll try and catch one tomorrow if I can get out of work. Not sure its going to be a loss but If I'm gaining I guess I need to know so I'll try and catch a mtg tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Flying cat

Hi everybody, I've been following these threads for sometime now as I've been doing weightwatchers at home for the last ten weeks. In that time I've lost 1st. 8lbs through diet and exercise and have found all your posts really motivating. I really think the food diaries are great too.
    Unfortunately I had a bad fall at the weekend and I've torn ligaments in my ankle. I'm on crutches and won't be able to walk for at least another couple of weeks. I'm really worried that il gain weight as I was walking for at least 40 minutes daily and now I'm housebound. I'm off on holiday in two weeks and I really really don't want to undo all my hard work. I'd be really grateful for any advice you guys could give me.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Wow- loads of great losses this week!

I lost 3 pound at weigh in though it has been 2 weeks since I've gone since my not-being-congratulated-for-getting-my-gold-card saga! Anyway was looking forward to seeing my proper leader tonight but its still the other one- ugh! Anyway decided to get weighed all the same as I knew I had a decent loss- just didnt bother staying for class :)

I'm now 4 pound under my ww goal and 2 pound away from the personal goal I have set for myself :):D

Edit to say-

Just noticed when I was fixing my ticker that im now in the 140s!

Woooo!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement