Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fatewatchers

Hi folks,

havent been online in an absolute age as I've been crazy busy with work, college assignments etc. Went to WW tonight and I had lost 11lbs!!! I dunno how or why but I'm not complaining! 89lbs (6 stone 5 lbs) lost in total so far, wee!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Hi folks,

havent been online in an absolute age as I've been crazy busy with work, college assignments etc. Went to WW tonight and I had lost 11lbs!!! I dunno how or why but I'm not complaining! 89lbs (6 stone 5 lbs) lost in total so far, wee!!!!

Wow- amazing!

Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭rachums

i need help! im going out with friends tonight to eddie rockets for dinner, i have no idea what to get! any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

rachums wrote: »
    i need help! im going out with friends tonight to eddie rockets for dinner, i have no idea what to get! any tips?

This should help
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/nutrition-facts-calories/eddie-rockets

eta, actually here's their own -
    http://www.eddierockets.ie/iopen24/defaultarticle.php?cArticlePath=174

cool thanks! i did some calculating...not 100per cent if im right but nachos with chicken - 10.5, chicken fillet burger with just the fillet and the bun - 5.5??

And then chilli fries 11.5?!

• Advertisement

Do a chocolate malt for the laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

Well aren't we all just a bunch of losers- well done everyone!

Flying cat wrote: »
    Hi everybody, I've been following these threads for sometime now as I've been doing weightwatchers at home for the last ten weeks. In that time I've lost 1st. 8lbs through diet and exercise and have found all your posts really motivating. I really think the food diaries are great too.
    Unfortunately I had a bad fall at the weekend and I've torn ligaments in my ankle. I'm on crutches and won't be able to walk for at least another couple of weeks. I'm really worried that il gain weight as I was walking for at least 40 minutes daily and now I'm housebound. I'm off on holiday in two weeks and I really really don't want to undo all my hard work. I'd be really grateful for any advice you guys could give me.:confused:

I'm sorry, Flying Cat, that must be really disappointing when you've been doing so well.

Please make sure that you're resting that leg properly. If you try to do too much too soon, you'll be months rather that weeks recovering.
    Please believe me when I say this! My activity is really limited as I still can't walk very far after a fall in the ice last Christmas!

Can you swim? Gentle movement may help heal your ankle, but you will have to keep weight off it as much as possible.

You may not be able to get extra points through activity, but make sure you eat all your points daily. You will still lose weight!

Keep us posted as to how you're getting on.

Hahaha a Malt is is 19.5! scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭sophie1234

WI in this week lost a pound but was kinda expecting more witch hasd kinda put me a slump this week so all ive done is eaten! :-( gotta get to the gym this week before tuesday at least twice!! i had a goal of another 7 pounds before i go to spain on the 10th but its not happening :-( i need advice to pull me from the slump all i want is chocolate and take away :-(

rachums wrote: »
    Hahaha a Malt is is 19.5! scary.

:eek: So my cheese please burger, shared bowl of chips & chocolate malt would prob be 2 days points! lordy lord.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Seb_bixby

Well done everyone on the weight loss. It's great to see how well people are doing!

Sophie, a pound is still a lot of weight. Next time you are in a shop or a supermarket go look at a pound of butter!! Pick it up and see how heavy it is! That's what I try to do. If you think of the pounds in terms of butter (which is pretty much fat), you won't feel bad to only lose one. It's a lot of weight to be carrying around with you that you don't have to any more. :D

sophie1234 wrote: »
    WI in this week lost a pound but was kinda expecting more witch hasd kinda put me a slump this week so all ive done is eaten! :-( gotta get to the gym this week before tuesday at least twice!! i had a goal of another 7 pounds before i go to spain on the 10th but its not happening :-( i need advice to pull me from the slump all i want is chocolate and take away :-(

Ah you sound so down, it can be hard when we set ourselves goals only to feel them slipping away.
    BUT "comforting" yourself with junk will now get you nearer to that goal, only further away. And it's not really much cop as comfort if you're going to feel crap 10 minutes after.
    Instead of putting a number on it promise yourself that you're going to look as good as you can before Spain. Eat right, exercise, water but lots of pampering too - e.g go book a pedi for after the gym.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Flying cat

Hi muirgeal thanks so much for the advice. Poor you too. That injury you got must have been very severe if it's still causing you trouble. Because i'm so sedentary and hanging around the house the temptation is to stuff my face. My only saving grace is I can't run to the shop to buy sweets!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Who doesnt love silky smooth galaxy bar?????

Well Galaxy Chocolate Bar (original) is 5.5 - 6 points

Galaxy Bubbles........3.5 points :D

I couldnt stop my self! i pretty much demolished a full size box of cherrios tonight. i havent had cereal in SOOOO long. i used semi skilled milk, yeah one bowl is okay....not FOUR!

But hey Friday night and my sin was cheerios...thats a hell of alot better than the whole carrot cake last week! LOL

Tummy so full now just going to crawl into bed and go into a food coma! Spanish dinner party tomorrow night! God Help me! talking about 10 courses! and food starts at 9pm! Spanish Omlette! bucket loads of eggs and olive oil!

Gym tomorrow & sunday & monday! Personal trainer Tuesday Morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

Flying cat wrote: »
    Hi muirgeal thanks so much for the advice. Poor you too. That injury you got must have been very severe if it's still causing you trouble. Because i'm so sedentary and hanging around the house the temptation is to stuff my face. My only saving grace is I can't run to the shop to buy sweets!

Well as they say every cloud has a silver lining!

One of my biggest motivators is the stone I was given in class when I lost a stone. I put it in my purse so that I wouldn't lose it on the way home. When I went in to buy my paper I picked up a mars bar. Then when I went to pay for it- there was my stone! "Actually I've changed my mind- can I put this back?" I was so chuffed with myself, and the stone has saved me from my impulses a few times since.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

Hi all

Im looking for a bit of advice, im 10 stone 4 and 5foot 6inches tall, I have been up and down in weight for about 5 years now and its driving me nuts-- so I think weight watchers may be the way forward.

I was looking at the ww site and see they do a home package- has anyone had any success with the at home version of things or should i bite the bullet and go to a meeting?

Hi all

Im looking for a bit of advice, im 10 stone 4 and 5foot 6inches tall, I have been up and down in weight for about 5 years now and its driving me nuts-- so I think weight watchers may be the way forward.

I was looking at the ww site and see they do a home package- has anyone had any success with the at home version of things or should i bite the bullet and go to a meeting?

I think you should go to a few meetings just to get just this, advice and information, see what its all about, and once you feel you the jist and enough information to give your self a good understanding and foundation hit the home package.

I attended meetings for 9 months, but have recently given up meetings to start doing ww alone from home cos im going back to college and just dont have the time for meetings. But i did need the support network of the meetings. but its personal preference. I joined ww on boards when I starting doing ww at home, so here, boards has become my "meeting". except its nearly better instead of 30 mins once a week, this lovely bunch are here 24/7 for support! i''ve been doing it from home for 4 weeks now, and down 4lbs, thats 2 weeks of 2lbs and 2 weeks of staying the same cos i was welll partying my ass off having a lost hurray with friends before end of summer :P if i'd stayed good i'd prob have been down 1 or 2 lbs those weeks too!

are you looking to maintain or lose weight? cos you sound like your at a pretty healthy weight as it is,

Lady Lainy thanks for the reply

Frankly the thoughts of a meeting frightens me!

Im looking to lose a little and then maintain- Bmi wise Im fine but hold too much of my weight around my middle. Really dont want to lose too much- dont want to look gaunt- but its the maintaining that I just never seem to manage.

Lady Lainy thanks for the reply

Frankly the thoughts of a meeting frightens me!

Im looking to lose a little and then maintain- Bmi wise Im fine but hold too much of my weight around my middle. Really dont want to lose too much- dont want to look gaunt- but its the maintaining that I just never seem to manage.

Excellent your doing it fro the right reasons, and are aware of BMI and all that!

well it does sound like the home package may suite you more than meetings. After 9 months of meetings i think I learned as much as i could from them, the online site works better for me now. I'm strong enough to be accountable to my self, where as before I needed to answer to someone.

The home package works out cheaper then meetings too which is a bonus!
    Boards will be your meeting :D Rant and scream the place down over a bar of chocolate or in my case box of cheerios and carrot cake!

Its nice to have somewhere to bounce ideas off of and get new tips, ppl that are going thru the same thing, its kinda nice....we're from all over the country, but yet it kinda feels like its someone only over the road...going through the exact same experiences.

• Advertisement

That sounds like a plan then Lady Lainy- I can get my advice here and follow the plan at home.

So what exactly do you get for your euro with the home package- website is a little vague.

That sounds like a plan then Lady Lainy- I can get my advice here and follow the plan at home.

So what exactly do you get for your euro with the home package- website is a little vague.

oh forget the irish site! sign up to the english one! and give a english address.. just google a random english hotel, and use that address....when they ask for cardholders address....i gave my full irish address but just used english postal code!

english points system is same as our own, but english site is way cheaper! like 12 euro a month! after the initial registration fee. you get weekly emails, recipes, articles on over eating, late night eating, fitness, how to get motivated. and online food diary. and the website works out how many points you earn from excerciese so no guessing! I was on a platue of 3 months till i joined the english website a month ago!

it gave my back some control over my weight, like i choose when i want to weight in, if i know im going out to a dinner party the night before my usual weight in, i'll just put off the weigh by one day, to let the heavy meal get out of my system.

cos nothing worse then being good all week, and just that one meal out where you even stayed within your points and ate healthy, but its just happens to be the night before your weight in, is still in your system so it shows on the scales can make you feel so depressed and guilty for having a normal non extravagant life.

perfect, just had a look at the uk site- more detailed than the irish one! I like the idea of it being online rather than just the home package offered on the Irish one.

:D uk site just looks more professional the real thing! the irish site is kinda the leftovers of basic information, they want the irish to go to meetings, more money for them.....meeting 10 euro a week! uk online....like 12 euro a MONTH!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

hello all,stayed the same this week,happy enough cas there wasn`t a whole lot of effort put in!! not too good today,so heres to to-moro!!

staying the same is still great! I have like 3 family Spanish dinner parties and eating out for lunch and dinner a few times this week! so im hoping to stay the same! food starts at like 9 at night, spanish themed! lots of olive oil, battered fish, spanish omlette, soups and broths, lots of read meat!

We have alot of spanish in laws they are here in ireland for the week. they dont speak english! hard to explain weight watchers! and its height of rudeness not to eat what she has spent 10 hours makeing! plus got its just so damn goood, i dont want to turn it down! amazing food!

So fingers crossed i stay the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Wednesdays Girl

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted in a little while but I've still been reading lots! I had a ball on Saturday night, literally and figuratively :D. Even though I had what I would consider a bad week coming up to it, I have rarely gotten as many compliments as I did on Saturday. I always thought that if I got compliments, I'd just settle for how I look at the moment but it's had the opposite effect and given me such renewed motivation. My other half and I are jumping on the wagon this week so that just makes it so much easier. I won't corrupt him and he won't corrupt me, as can happen from time to time. Also two of my best friends are interested in a healthier lifestyle for the next while so it seems like everyone around me is thinking like me. I'm just so enthusiastic about this week. Anyway sorry for the essay, I only meant to share my good mood but I ended up almost telling my life story!! Forgive the rambling!! ;)

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted in a little while but I've still been reading lots! I had a ball on Saturday night, literally and figuratively :D. Even though I had what I would consider a bad week coming up to it, I have rarely gotten as many compliments as I did on Saturday. I always thought that if I got compliments, I'd just settle for how I look at the moment but it's had the opposite effect and given me such renewed motivation. My other half and I are jumping on the wagon this week so that just makes it so much easier. I won't corrupt him and he won't corrupt me, as can happen from time to time. Also two of my best friends are interested in a healthier lifestyle for the next while so it seems like everyone around me is thinking like me. I'm just so enthusiastic about this week. Anyway sorry for the essay, I only meant to share my good mood but I ended up almost telling my life story!! Forgive the rambling!! ;)

Delighted you had a great time! hope you enjoyed every bite and every drink and every compliment! :D just dont go loosing too much :P

:D Onwards and downwards:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Wednesdays Girl

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Delighted you had a great time! hope you enjoyed every bite and every drink and every compliment! :D just dont go loosing too much :P

:D Onwards and downwards:D

Ha! No fear of that happening anyway!! ;)

• Advertisement

my daily points is 23...i have only used up 6 today, i did have breakfast and a huge dinner with fruits in-between, im guessing its wrong to go out and eat a chocolate bar? feels wrong being on a "diet" frame of mind to eat choc!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement