Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭suziemcc

rachums wrote: »
    my daily points is 23...i have only used up 6 today, i did have breakfast and a huge dinner with fruits in-between, im guessing its wrong to go out and eat a chocolate bar? feels wrong being on a "diet" frame of mind to eat choc!

Firstly i would definitely want to know wat you had for breakfast an dinner that cost less than 6pts im assuming you pointed the fruit you had also :)... dnt let yourself use the word "DIET" it tends to make you just want to eat more... it a healthy lifestyle change :) be carefull with ur pts becoz sometimes if u dnt eat enought in a day you can find yourself not loosing weight and im some cases gaining weight as your body with store the fat... if you going to have some chocolate even try pick a lighter option than you nornally would be with still as much satisfaction .... ENJOY :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Well feck it anyways! I've got the serious munchies tonight!

damn it damn it damn it!

Right, i'm all over the place this week between pet sitting in various houses....cup of coffee....grab a biscuit...make some toast ect ect...
    Plus as i mentioned before the various bucket loads of spanish cooking and drinks and coffee/wine tapas...and cheese...oh the cheese! YUM!

I need to get my game face back on! This weeks weight in....not expecting much, think its too late to pull my self back now, weight in Thursday morning. But I refuse to right off the rest few days, I see it as a head start on next weeks weight in.

10 days till college...

So folks, what are your rescue tips? How do you bring your self back on track? I just cant stop eating today!

I was doing well. good breakfast, oatmeal with semi skimmed milk - 3pts, and a skinny mocha 1.5pt

lunch was huge bowl of rice krispies and semi skimmed milk, cos i was pet sitting for ppl away on hols, so cereal and milk was only thing there! - 5.5pts (cos i was a BIG bowl)

dinner i used the carbonara recipe, doubling it for a dinner size, 10 pts

then I nose dived off the wagon...baby potato, peas, corn, garlic butter
    (my mum was making dinner for my brother....cant resist baby potato)

then....i got the smell of bacon....oi.....had to slap some of that between a few slices of bread and slap some ballymaloe relish on it. (TWICE)

THEN......yes even MORE! a few Large squares of lidls 70% dark chocolate....i dont even like dark chocolate and i have a gross taste in my mouth now. but i got just had a serious chocolate munchie craving!

so i pretty much had breakfast, lunch, TWO dinners, and chocolate....jeans feel tight now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Miap

So folks, what are your rescue tips? How do you bring your self back on track? I just cant stop eating today! Lady Lainy

Hey Lainy best tip is water water water! And on top of that eat all your points with as much healthy fresh foods as possible and youl limit the damage big time!
    P.S. thanks a mill for the recipes! Carbonara for dinner was delish! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    then....i got the smell of bacon....oi.....had to slap some of that between a few slices of bread and slap some ballymaloe relish on it. (TWICE)

thats one of my favourite WW "treats"

Theres tesco light choice bacon which is 1/2 a point for 2 slices and 2 slices of bread for 2.5 pts... 3 points for a bacon sarnie, not bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Hi guys, I'm going to my local WW tomorrow (Glasnevin, 10.30am meeting), I'm a little nervous, it's my first time, just wondering what to expect on registration day?

Anyone else go to that meeting? Or looking for a walking partner in the area?

I hear you there, water water water, after 2 pints of water so far,
    personal trainer is on her way...thats bount to knock something off weather be inches or lbs i dont know. but i always feel super healthy after she's run me into the ground.

I've learned from experience eating before training....well all that stretching and moving around triggers things LOL

I woke up late, so dont have time to eat now before training, but after she leaves will have

A boiled egg 1.5pts. oatmeal with milk 3pts, skinny mocha 1/5 pts.

Lunch - 2 ww wraps (3pts) , 4 slices of lean deli ham (2pts), Garlic Mayo (1pt) with loads of lettuce, red onion, cucumber, with another pint of water
    Skinny Mocha (I LOVE THEM)

Dinner will be turkey bolognese , 4pts lean turkey mince, 4.5 pts brown pasta, 1.5pt dolmio light sauce, Pint of water, Skinny Mocha,

Snack, 2 slices of toast, (2.5pts) 2 triagangles of extra light laughing cow (.5pt) with highlights hot chocolate (.5pt)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 wexchick

I joined weight watchers last week. Registration is grand. They take ur details...weight, height etc, u get weighed n they give u a goal weight.they also show u how to figure out point value for foods. I wud advise you to stay 4 the meeting!!! very useful info!!! they were talkin about eating out n i was shocked at the point value of foods when dining out....not 2 mention the odd coffee n muffin!!!!! :eek: first step is joining, i found myself eatin alot healthier this wk n eating proper portion sizes! feelin alot better for it 2! plus u are able 2 av d odd treat!!! Tesco light choices choc mousse is my treat...yummy!!!!!:D unfortunately not from ur area! my weigh in day is thurs so fingers crossed!!!!! best of luck :)

Thanks for that, nerves are a killer, but I know I need help and a friend swears by WW, unfortunately she's not in my area either :(

I do plan on staying for the meeting, but I think I'll only be able to stay for the meeting every second week cause I have a toddler and he's in creche every secone Wednesday, he should be fine to tag along for the weigh ins but I don't think he'd stay quiet for the meeting! LOL

I can walk in the evenings after work, and plan on walking to the meetings too. I'm gonna try to find somewhere to swim in the mornings too. I've just moved into a new house and with all the moving and unpacking we've been living on take aways:(

Crisps and salty foods are my downfall, I get serious cravings for salt!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭BlondePrincess

Hiya everyone,
    It's my first post on this thread, but have read losta of the posts and fair play to everyone, reading this has really inspired me! I joined weight watchers 2 weeks ago and have my 2nd weigh in tonight. Just a quick question though, can anyone tell me what the lowest point butter/low fat spread is? At the mo I'm using Flora Light, but wanna know what's the best? Thanks :o

• Advertisement

Hiya everyone,
    It's my first post on this thread, but have read losta of the posts and fair play to everyone, reading this has really inspired me! I joined weight watchers 2 weeks ago and have my 2nd weigh in tonight. Just a quick question though, can anyone tell me what the lowest point butter/low fat spread is? At the mo I'm using Flora Light, but wanna know what's the best? Thanks :o

As far as i know flora light is the best round, plant based spreads MUCH better than dairy based spreads. Flora light is what I use too.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭rachums

well i had a wheat a bix with low fat milk, (1.5) added some water in cause im nota fan of milk! then during the day i had a small apple and orange and for dinner i had a chicken fillet with loads of "free" veggies! i also had a 0.5pt yougurt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭suziemcc

well i had a wheat a bix with low fat milk, (1.5) added some water in cause im nota fan of milk! then during the day i had a small apple and orange and for dinner i had a chicken fillet with loads of "free" veggies! i also had a 0.5pt yougurt!

very gud :) chicken an a mountain of veg is always gud for filling u up alright and saving pts... keep up the gud work :) hope ur enjoy the chocolate.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

WI today, -3lbs.

Can anyone tell me have you tried hellmann's "lighter than light" mayonnaise? Bought it today. My guinea pig (sorry, my boyfriend- i would never experiment on him!) said it tastes ok on a ham sandwich. On the jar it gives 11 cals, 0.7g sugar and 0.1g saturated fat per tablespoon. (100g= 78 cal, 11g carb of which 4.8g sugars, and 0.5g staurated fat.)

I'm wondering is there a load of hidden sugars in this cause the ingredients include glucose-fructose syrup as well as sugar. I'm wary of the artificial fats and of fructose syrup- but I figure this wouldn't kill me in potato salad. (I reckon there's 1 and a half points in 100g.

What do ye think?

suziemcc wrote: »
    very gud :) chicken an a mountain of veg is always gud for filling u up alright and saving pts... keep up the gud work :) hope ur enjoy the chocolate.... :)

my boyfriend come over and ordered a huge pizza, i had two slices :mad: i cut pizza out cause its my MAJOR downfall! so im not happy with myself! not looking forward to WI on thurs now!

my boyfriend come over and ordered a huge pizza, i had two slices :mad: i cut pizza out cause its my MAJOR downfall! so im not happy with myself! not looking forward to WI on thurs now!

you'll be fine! you stopped at 2 slices! thats will power! 2 slices when you've been good all week isnt going to do any major damage. extra water before you go to bed and plenty of water tomorrow to wash out the carbs of the pizza out of your system

I've been hitting the toast AGAIN tonight! Oi! but tomorrow is another day! Its my last week off before college. I think i can be forgiven...and more importantly i think I can forgive my self! for indulging! My biggest thing was beating my self up for doing badly. which made me feel worse, which made me want to turn to food for comfort!

Tomorrow is a new page in the tracker rach! So go to your fridge before you go to bed tonight and plan tomorrows menu in your head or write it down. do something really REEAAAALY deliciously healthy but tasty! that you wont want anything else cos you'll be really looking forward to the meals you've planned.

yummmm had it again! chicken with mushrooms, peppers, carrots, baby corn and broccoli, a bit of tomato puree in and throw it in a WW wrap with a tiny bit of grated cheese! yum fest!

oooooh toast is good! your so positive! YAY! thanks! yeah it really was will power! he even asked me would it be okay to order it! haha he knows my kryptonite!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Hi all,
    Rejoined weight watchers last wk. Have first WI in tomorrow night.
    Although I've been good overall, I did have Chinese take-away on Friday night as we had friends staying for the wkend. Went for the better option of chicken chow mein and managed to resist the crackers!
    Everything else has gone to plan, I've walked every night for at least 30 mins.
    Fingers crossed now!!!!

oooooh toast is good! your so positive! YAY! thanks! yeah it really was will power! he even asked me would it be okay to order it! haha he knows my kryptonite!

A slice of toast is alright :P i had FOUR.....WHILE i was waiting for my dinner to cook :O but i think im still pretty close to my maximum point allowance

27 daily points, + 3 excercise points

34 points used and thats even pointing generously for the flora light i slapped onto the toast!

Does anyone use the ww tikka masala sauce? its impossible to get anywhere at the moment. Its SOOOOOO nice....i really hope they haven't discontinued it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 wexchick

Shelli2 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, nerves are a killer, but I know I need help and a friend swears by WW, unfortunately she's not in my area either :(

I do plan on staying for the meeting, but I think I'll only be able to stay for the meeting every second week cause I have a toddler and he's in creche every secone Wednesday, he should be fine to tag along for the weigh ins but I don't think he'd stay quiet for the meeting! LOL

I can walk in the evenings after work, and plan on walking to the meetings too. I'm gonna try to find somewhere to swim in the mornings too. I've just moved into a new house and with all the moving and unpacking we've been living on take aways:(

Crisps and salty foods are my downfall, I get serious cravings for salt!

Chocolate is my downfall, tesco light choices choc mousse are helpin me with the withdrawal symptoms!!! they are a really nice treat!!! :D
    My weigh in is on thurs so hopin that my effort has paid off!!! hard to get in2 the swing of walking but actually startin 2 enjoy it now!!! i'm gonna start back swimming next week 2! may av back up plan 4 when it gets dark early in the evenings!!! gud luck 2mro! n gud luck wit moving house!!! :)

Good point wexchic!

Dark evenings, and winter...so what are peoples plans and downfalls in the winter? Lets start thinking about it now, so we can help each other come up with ideas to save our selves this winter?

Like I dont know how im going to motivate my self to keep going to the gym and to get used to going in at night. No way in hell am i getting up to go before college...i've given up enough.....i am NOT giving up sleep! its my only fat free indulgence no one can take it away from me.....NO ONE!

college will be kinda 9-4, and call it like 5 or 6 when im home then, mon - fri, plus throw in assignments and projects to work on at home. will be prob getting up at like 7 every morning to allow for shower, hair, breakfast and travel time. So even if i can get 40 mins 4 times a week i'll be so proud of my self!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

Muirgheal wrote: »
    WI today, -3lbs.

Can anyone tell me have you tried hellmann's "lighter than light" mayonnaise? Bought it today. My guinea pig (sorry, my boyfriend- i would never experiment on him!) said it tastes ok on a ham sandwich. On the jar it gives 11 cals, 0.7g sugar and 0.1g saturated fat per tablespoon. (100g= 78 cal, 11g carb of which 4.8g sugars, and 0.5g staurated fat.)

I'm wondering is there a load of hidden sugars in this cause the ingredients include glucose-fructose syrup as well as sugar. I'm wary of the artificial fats and of fructose syrup- but I figure this wouldn't kill me in potato salad. (I reckon there's 1 and a half points in 100g.

What do ye think?
    just after checkin,one tablespoon = nothing!! its 1point for 100g,so its very good,its lovely,i use it,chrush a clove of garlic or even garlic powder into it and u have garlic mayo for no points or tomato sauce,or thai chilli,lovely too,all for little or nought!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Does anyone use the ww tikka masala sauce? its impossible to get anywhere at the moment. Its SOOOOOO nice....i really hope they haven't discontinued it.[/QUOTE]

Hey all, a lurker here, but thats gonna change! Lainy I have seen that ww sauce in Super valu if thats any help? I must try it actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭JennyAnt

Hi all,

I've been following this thread for awhile, and decided that the time is right to start doing something about my weight! :o
    I've just looked up the ww classes and there is one on this evening at 5.30pm near my job - so I can go straight after work - I think its an omen! I was going to wait until next week because I'm at a conference on Sat but there is no time like the present and I'm going to have to learn to deal with eating out anyway!

I just wanted to say thanks to the people on this forum for giving me the push I needed - I'm a little nervous but excited to be starting something so positive! :)

m'lady wrote: »
    Does anyone use the ww tikka masala sauce? its impossible to get anywhere at the moment. Its SOOOOOO nice....i really hope they haven't discontinued it.

Hey all, a lurker here, but thats gonna change! Lainy I have seen that ww sauce in Super valu if thats any help? I must try it actually![/QUOTE]

yeah unfortunately our local supervalu is crazy expensive. :( they charge 2.30 for it....where tesco and dunnes used to sell it for 1.70.

Ok, now I'm feeling soooo guilty. I didn't make it this morning to sign up, I knew it would be a push with the little one in tow, but not making it at all? Hmm.....eugh. I guess all I can do is watch what I eat for the next week and walk walk walk...hopefully my inital weigh in won't be such a bad one then! He's in creche next week from 9am so I have no excuse.

Does anyone use the WW online rather than going to meetings? Just wondering what you think of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 DublinMember

I'm new to this thread (so it will take me a while read over all pages!), and newish to WW (going into my 4th week).

I have lost weight a small amount of weight every week, but I am making a HUGE effort. I'm not going over on my points (generally staying under, and eating lots of no point veggies). And ran between 30 and 50 mins three times last week, with yoga once too.

I also have pretty much cut my social life completely as I want to kick start my weight loss with a few really good weeks (so that is not sustainable medium term as I will crack up without the odd night out!).

My lifestyle has changed completely. No butter, wine, cafe lattes to name but a few. And exercising regularly (rather than sporadically).

But I'm feeling really disillusioned ... after all the effort this week, I only lost 1lb. I didn't do anything "wrong". I'm not even eating the 20 points they allow for my weight (averaging 17 to 19 points). I thought about eating the 20 points, but if I can only lose 1lb on 17 to 19 points, then I'd probably gain on 20 points.

Did this happen to you too? Any tips? Any ideas that can help motivate me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

But I'm feeling really disillusioned ... after all the effort this week, I only lost 1lb. I didn't do anything "wrong". I'm not even eating the 20 points they allow for my weight (averaging 17 to 19 points). I thought about eating the 20 points, but if I can only lose 1lb on 17 to 19 points, then I'd probably gain on 20 points.

Did this happen to you too? Any tips? Any ideas that can help motivate me?

Hi DublinMember,
    From my experience with Weight Watchers, you have to eat your quota every day.
    Are you adding on your extra points for excerising also?
    It seems crazy but if you don't eat enough, your body holds on to what it is getting and so you'll find it harder to loose weight.

Try tracking what you eat for a week and talk to your leader if your still feeling frustrated.

-A-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 DublinMember

Thanks for the reply.

Maybe I do need to eat a little bit more. Yes, I do track it (obsessively!).

Last week was (of 20 points daily allowance, not including exercise points):

20 points
    18 points (i.e. -2) +30 mins jogging
    21.5 (+1.5)
    15 (-5) +50 min jogging
    20.5 (+0.5)
    17 (-3) +35 min jogging
    16 (-4) +30 min yoga

So I didn't use about 12 points over the course of the week (or any activity points).

But the other thing is that I'm now 12st 1lb .. so should I still count that as 12 point in working out what my daily allowance is? Seem so close to 11st that I've been worried about using 20 points. If my allowance was 19 (which it would be if I was just 2lbs lighter), then I would have had just 5 points unused over the course of the week.

Maybe I should go 4 or 5 over today, to use that up. And start from scratch again tomorrow after today's weigh-in. But still unsure about allowing myself 20 rather than 19.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement