Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

I'm new to this thread (so it will take me a while read over all pages!), and newish to WW (going into my 4th week).

I have lost weight a small amount of weight every week, but I am making a HUGE effort. I'm not going over on my points (generally staying under, and eating lots of no point veggies). And ran between 30 and 50 mins three times last week, with yoga once too.

I also have pretty much cut my social life completely as I want to kick start my weight loss with a few really good weeks (so that is not sustainable medium term as I will crack up without the odd night out!).

My lifestyle has changed completely. No butter, wine, cafe lattes to name but a few. And exercising regularly (rather than sporadically).

But I'm feeling really disillusioned ... after all the effort this week, I only lost 1lb. I didn't do anything "wrong". I'm not even eating the 20 points they allow for my weight (averaging 17 to 19 points). I thought about eating the 20 points, but if I can only lose 1lb on 17 to 19 points, then I'd probably gain on 20 points.

Did this happen to you too? Any tips? Any ideas that can help motivate me?

You MUST MUST MUST eat your points! The days your exercising add 2 and half points to your daily allowance...Your body is only losing one lb a week at the moment because your not giving your body enough energy to burn the fat! If you eat all your points, your body will have the energy to burn the fat.

Make sure you drink 2 -3 litres of water a day. you may be retaining water if your not drinking enough!

And give your self at least one great night out once a month! and get your butt off to tesco and get Nescafe SKINNY MOCHA! they are only 1.5pts! They will keep you sane!

Butter - use Flora light,

Sugar - Splenda/Canderal is 0pts,

Alcohol - 35ml Malibu is 1 pt, 35ml Vodka is about 1.5pt
    mix with diet coke or any other Diet soft drink for 0pt

Milk - Semi-skimmed milk 170mls is 1.5pts,

Cheese - 3 Triangles of Extra Light Laughing Cow is 1pt
    - Low Low Spreadable Triangles with smokey bacon 1 pt each.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 DublinMember

Thanks for the reply.

And can I just ask about the Daily points allowance .. at what point would you go from 20 (based on 12 stone) points to 19 (based on 11 stone).

Would you wait till you hit 11'13.5? or 12'0.5? I just feel I'm so close to 11+ stone that I probably should be on 19?
    Thanks!

as soon as the st number changes...

12st 0.5lb = 20 pts
    12st 0lbs = 20pts

11st 13.5lbs = 19 pts

Great thanks for the replies.

I will use up 4 of my unused points tonight. Mini-party for me tonight then .. 14 points to use and I'm not even hungry!

So starting from scratch tomorrow, I will use 20 points a day for the next 7 days (may vary between days, some days where I'm slightly over and need to claw it back the next day, but that's ok).

But here's hoping I can finally have a good weight loss week! Thanks for all the advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

hollyhock wrote: »
    just after checkin,one tablespoon = nothing!! its 1point for 100g,so its very good,its lovely,i use it,chrush a clove of garlic or even garlic powder into it and u have garlic mayo for no points or tomato sauce,or thai chilli,lovely too,all for little or nought!!!

Thanks Hollyhock.

Instant thai sauce... mmmmmmm!

• Advertisement

Great thanks for the replies.

I will use up 4 of my unused points tonight. Mini-party for me tonight then .. 14 points to use and I'm not even hungry!

So starting from scratch tomorrow, I will use 20 points a day for the next 7 days (may vary between days, some days where I'm slightly over and need to claw it back the next day, but that's ok).

But here's hoping I can finally have a good weight loss week! Thanks for all the advise.

I totally misread :P i thought you meant you had 14 extra points on top of your allowance to use up today! Roll on! Enjoy your 14pt dinner! alot can be done with 14pts! yummmmmmmi!

slightly releaved i cant make my final ww meetings tomorrow. I have no lift tomorrow. Did not want my final meeting weight in to be "up".

I'll still weight in my self with ww online! but only have my self to blame and to answer to for that result :P plus i kinda prefer my own scales, it tells me if its muscle or fat im up. being up muscle is ok my book.

Been to the gym loads this week....but also eaten loads....and drank feck all water! damn you diet coke! I cant resist you! i know its 0pt....but for every glass of diet coke i do drink....thats a glass of water i dont drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭rachums

i have the same problem! i find it really hard to eat all my points, but im trying to fill up on yougurts and fruit! i also went to dunnes alot got a load of WW yummies! mini choc brownies, crisps and bars! yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

WI tomorrow... not looking forward to it... didnt track at all this week... but i will go.... coz i know these are the weeks that you really need to go....

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Jenroche

Hi,

I'm just starting off with the points plan and I have a question. I'm going to a wedding on saturday and I'm trying to 'save up' a few extra points each day to cover this. Is it ok to do that?

Jen ;->

• Advertisement

rachums wrote: »
    i have the same problem! i find it really hard to eat all my points, but im trying to fill up on yougurts and fruit! i also went to dunnes alot got a load of WW yummies! mini choc brownies, crisps and bars! yay!

I have a press full of ww cookies and bars. so when i do get "the urge to splurge" its some what guilt free.

Even two slices of toast and some extra light laughing cow with cup of tea in the evening after dinner. will use up some points in a safe but nice way. or just add a slice of bread and butter on to your dinner.

hehe or even have a ww dessert after dinner :D hmmm ww banoffee pie thingy is 3pts and SOOOOOOOOOOOO YUMI!

Jenroche wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm just starting off with the points plan and I have a question. I'm going to a wedding on saturday and I'm trying to 'save up' a few extra points each day to cover this. Is it ok to do that?

Jen ;->

you can save a maximum for 4 pts a day! but points can not roll over to the following week, they must be used up within the week you saved them.

just use your remaning points wisely on soups and vegs and lean proteins and you should be okay.

But life is for living not dieting....so make sure you have a wonderful day out at the wedding :D

drink wise...stick to spirits and mixers if you can! malibu works out lowest for spirits.

Really hope i'm not annoying anyone by posting so much...or that I sound like I'm talking out of my ass!

I give as good as I get. I've gotten a lot of great advice and encouragement and motivation from here, so just giving back what i can :)

We're all in it together! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Keep posting Lainy!!! Thats what the thread is here for.

And your posts are great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Down 4.5 at my first weigh in....so thrilled :)

Had told myself all week that if I had a good week I'd allow myself a nice treat tonight, but I actually don't want it now!
    Came home and took the dogs out for a walk instead.

Good luck to everyone else this wk :)

-A-

Well only 10 mins to go on 1st of September. So made the decision... September is my fresh start and to put my self on a positive high, I've reset my online weight watchers tracker back to my initial starting weight from the first day i started weight watchers last November in local meeting.

Still have an online weight in tomorrow. LMAO and its going to tell me I'll be down 38lbs over night. But I want it for my self, an online record of my accomplishments.

To New Beginnings & Beyond!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 AmeliaPond

I didn't track very well this week but I kept an eye on my intake so I don't think I did too badly... Still, we'll see tomorrow at weigh in I guess.

Also I joined the gym and I've been going regularly, I'm quite chuffed with myself :o

There was a girl in our class tonight who had lost 6 stone in a year.
    As that's my final goal, it was great to hear her story and I do feel really inspired now.

It's also good to hear that there's no secret to doing well.
    She said she drank more water, exercised and tracked everything she ate.
    Sounds simple when u put it like that!

Wow! 6 stones in a year is great. I'm hoping to do as close to that as possible, but I have 8 stone in total to lose (granted, I only have 7 left to go now!)

Went to the gym today and got shown the plan they did up for me. It actually seems really doable and I'm going to try to stay motivated to keep up with it. I've also made a new rule: I've been watching Mad Men on TV since it started but I completely forgot about it this weekend so I had to download the latest two episodes... and I had a brainwave to put them on my phone. So my new rule is that I can only watch Mad Men at the gym while I'm on the treadmill (or something). So today after my instructor finished showing me everything, I walked on the treadmill at an easy pace (4km/h - haha so slow!) for the full episode, which is 48 minutes long.

I also have Glee to watch if I run out of Mad Men, but there's 4 seasons to get through!

Weigh in tonight... whatever happens I did well this week :)

AmeliaPond wrote: »
    Wow! 6 stones in a year is great. I'm hoping to do as close to that as possible, but I have 8 stone in total to lose (granted, I only have 7 left to go now!)

Went to the gym today and got shown the plan they did up for me. It actually seems really doable and I'm going to try to stay motivated to keep up with it. I've also made a new rule: I've been watching Mad Men on TV since it started but I completely forgot about it this weekend so I had to download the latest two episodes... and I had a brainwave to put them on my phone. So my new rule is that I can only watch Mad Men at the gym while I'm on the treadmill (or something). So today after my instructor finished showing me everything, I walked on the treadmill at an easy pace (4km/h - haha so slow!) for the full episode, which is 48 minutes long.

I also have Glee to watch if I run out of Mad Men, but there's 4 seasons to get through!

4km is a push for me and i've been going to gym 4 times a week for nearly a year! I have short legs!

WELL DONE YOU!

• Advertisement

Well, I'm tall so 4km/h is basically how fast I would walk if I I was outside walking to the shop or whatever. Easy but with purpose. When I'm pushing for cardio I get up to 6 but I wouldn't have been able to maintain that for the full show.

I just know how slow it is because the last time I was going to the gym, I was up to 7.5km/h for cardio. Ah well, I'll get there again! As it is, my extra weight means I burn more calories whatever speed I'm going :D

Muirgheal wrote: »
    WI today, -3lbs.

Can anyone tell me have you tried hellmann's "lighter than light" mayonnaise? Bought it today. My guinea pig (sorry, my boyfriend- i would never experiment on him!) said it tastes ok on a ham sandwich. On the jar it gives 11 cals, 0.7g sugar and 0.1g saturated fat per tablespoon. (100g= 78 cal, 11g carb of which 4.8g sugars, and 0.5g staurated fat.)

I'm wondering is there a load of hidden sugars in this cause the ingredients include glucose-fructose syrup as well as sugar. I'm wary of the artificial fats and of fructose syrup- but I figure this wouldn't kill me in potato salad. (I reckon there's 1 and a half points in 100g.

What do ye think?

I bought this yesterday after finding out about it here .. and it was really great with some Tesco own brand chilli sauce poured on top, to dip home made wedges into! Felt too bad to be good ;)

And WW eclairs at 1,5 points each? Wow!

AmeliaPond wrote: »

Go you...that's nearly an hours exercise and go you for the weight loss to date!

best of luck tonight

ooooohhhh nervous about weigh in tonight! hopefully there will be some sort of good change! i feel i have worked hard this week so fingers crosseD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Wednesdays Girl

I was wondering if anybody had any advice. I really really really want to get back into exercising but I'm just so wrecked in the evenings when I get in from work. It takes almost all the energy that I have to cook dinner or do a quick clean/put on a wash, not to mind going to the gym or even going for a brisk walk. I managed a quick (10-15min) walk to the ATM last night and that was it. I just find that I'm so tired all the time. Does anybody have any advice?

For me what works is to have various options, so whatever I feel like, there is something to match my mood .. walking/running/gym classes/home yoga or aerobics workouts/mini trampoline.

So find what you like to do, and give yourself options to choose from .. maybe walking alone bores you, so get music/walk with a friend. Maybe try different things (salsa, martial arts, tag rugby, aerobics, yoga, jogging, tennis etc etc). And ideally pick something that is convenient to your work or home.

Arranging to meet friends to exercise is a great motivator, as you will have it in your diary, and you won't want to let them down (plus it makes it more fun).

As for the tiredness, two key things for me... make sure you are getting to bed early enough to have a good night's sleep, and make sure you are eating something mid/late afternoon so that you have energy to exercise after work BEFORE you make dinner and do chores. If I go from lunch without eating, I won't have the energy to exercise after work. And if I get home and make dinner without exercising .. then forget it ... I won't be budging for the rest of the night.

But once you have exercised, you may find you're less hungry but have more energy so you'll eat less at dinner, but actually not only do the chores you had planned, but you'll end up doing more than you had planned.

Hope that helps.

I was wondering if anybody had any advice. I really really really want to get back into exercising but I'm just so wrecked in the evenings when I get in from work. It takes almost all the energy that I have to cook dinner or do a quick clean/put on a wash, not to mind going to the gym or even going for a brisk walk. I managed a quick (10-15min) walk to the ATM last night and that was it. I just find that I'm so tired all the time. Does anybody have any advice?

I think we'll just have to grin and bear it for a week or so, it'll be torture, but I'm sure we'll get used to excercising after our long days...

Its going to have to take all my will power to get me going, I've been out of work 18 months, and before that the 2 previous years i was working evenings and nights, so i havent had to get up for a 9am start in YEARS....its going to be a huge shock to the system. but hopefully that shock will also scare a few lbs off me!

lost 3 pounds this week...was expecting more cause i ate better and did more exercise than last week and i lost four pounds then! So kinda disappointed but down 7pounds altogether in two weeks so i guess i can be happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

was up a pound this week, was a bit cheesed off (even though in my heart of hearts i knew it wouldnt be good)
    but FFS it is only a pound not the end of the world!
    had a scrummy crunchie icrecream on the way home and i couldnt care less how many points were in it!
    tomorrow is another day and we start again....
    i will be wearing a fetching LBD for the office party... i will :D

• Advertisement

Well i ate my way thru the house last night and a send off to the old me! so that had me up 3lbs this morning at my own home weight in.

I'm officially meeting free & going it alone, and you know what....today after a weight in i'm usually after falling off the wagon big time after a weight in, But im actually having a REALLY good day :) crazy splurge tonight has been a whole 5pts over my daily allowance which was a big bowl of rice krispies + semi skimmmed milk :D and I've got my 3 litres of water in as well.

Quite chuffed with my self :D:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement