Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

alanna22 wrote: »
    hi all :) I've just started weightwatchers and am ok with the food I'm eating but have been short of my points by a good bit the last few days. like I'm on 22 but my food is adding up to 13-15 :S is this okay? should I eat at least 18/20 or will I lose weight like this? thanks for any advice and congrats to all the weight 'losers' :) really inspiring thread!

Alanna - it is really really important that you eat all your points, otherwise your body goes into famine mode and you wont lose weight...everyone makes the mistake of thinking if they eat less they will lose it quicker but that isnt the case. Congratulations on joining ww... it does work...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Ramette wrote: »
    Alanna - it is really really important that you eat all your points, otherwise your body goes into famine mode and you wont lose weight...everyone makes the mistake of thinking if they eat less they will lose it quicker but that isnt the case. Congratulations on joining ww... it does work...:)

I agree with Ramette, and have felt that happen to me! you can save a maximum of 4pts a day, but they have to be used up within the same week you eat them.

I know it goes against nature to be eating more food while on a "diet". But think of it this way....you need to eat to provide your body with the fuel to burn the fat off....ww is more about choosing the right food and portions than actually cutting out food!

Best of luck & welcome to the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Hey everyone,
    Hope ur having a relaxing day.
    I made some of the butternut squash and red pepper soup from the ww handbook last night. Just had some for lunch today and it was yum! So easy to prepare too.

Anyone else have other zero point soup recipes they wld like to share?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 sally123

Hi folks,

Was working all week so didn't make weigh in, but I am getting bored of pointing and WW in general. Do any of ye find yourself hitting that wall? I have lost loads of weight, only have a "mere" 36lbs to lose to get to goal, but I am just fed up of it and I want to eat chips!

How do I get over this hump?!

hi i think it's really important when you're feeling like this to go to your meeting as i feel you need to get your batteries recharged as such. as for hitting the wall i think most people do that but the thing to remember is what you felt like before you lost what weight you have off and think do you want to feel like that again start a graph or something that show's how far you've come that give a pretty good incentive and as for chips i've been doing the really floury spuds chipped in the oven using the fry light oil and shake some sea salt over them and you could even have them dipped in hellmans extra light mayo for feck all points and that feels like something of a treat. hope this helps a bit i do feel for you cos i've been at that wall many a time but i always find if you really want the weight off it outweighs the desire for the junk in the long run

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Moodiecow82

Hi im new to this, well not ww have been there too many times to count now but only thing that works for me so here goes have decided to jump back on ww band wagon and tomorrow is Day 1 - going to do it from home this time as have all the books and kinda know the routine and have a 15 mnth old keepin me busy too. Have about a stone to loose to get back to goal, the pounds have slipped back up too easy and time to bite the bullet before heading to 2nd stone! So fridge stocked up with all the healthy stuff ready and rearin to go. Hoping by loggin in here will encourage me to stick with it and also reporting my ups and downs each week to all in the same boat. Fair play to all on their succesful weight loss journey so far well impressed with your posts well done.
    Fingers crossed day 1 wont be too painful :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

Would I be right in saying on the no count ww plan there is no snacking just 3 meals a day?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭brown bear

just a quick one, i know you need to eat all your daily points, but is it essential to eat any bonus point you may be entitled to from exercise.

brown bear wrote: »
    just a quick one, i know you need to eat all your daily points, but is it essential to eat any bonus point you may be entitled to from exercise.

Yes, you should try and to use up at least half the excercise points on the day of the excercise, you can save one or two for maybe the next day, but from my own personal experience you need to eat them.

I wasnt eating my excercise pioints and for three months i lost NOTHING! i started eating them. and i'm back to 1.5lb - 2lbs a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭rachums

ooooh i dont even count my exercise points, dang! im still having hard times eating all my points a day, expect when i get out!

rachums wrote: »
    ooooh i dont even count my exercise points, dang! im still having hard times eating all my points a day, expect when i get out!

I was flying it....loosing 2 - 3lbs a week! I lost 35lbs in 6 months....then BANG it all stopped....three months of NOTHING!

I broke down in tears on the scales! wanted to throw the towel in, i was so angery at it all at my self.

Then I joined here, started reading this thread, and how this had happened to other people, I started eating my excercise points which is about 4 extra points every other day. next week i was down 2.5lbs! and every other week since that its been going down....well the weeks i actually work at it that is lol.

when im finished in the gym i am SO HUNGERY i could eat the entire contents of the fridge several times over.

my 27 daily points goes to 31 points! one word....STEAK! lean rich minute steak! burns up points but also gives your body the urgent protein it needs after exercise.

• Advertisement

I guess it depends on what kind of exercise your doing, I'm on a pretty intense exhausting regime.

on a good week, I'm at the gym on treadmill, doing 4.4 - 4.7km for an hour, I'm 5ft 5 but have short legs. thats fast for me, took me a while to get up to that speed and oh my god i am dripping with sweat after that my clothes are sticking to me you can see the sweat patches....yes i know thats rather nasty.

then 2 days a week i do toning and weight training for about 70 mins each day, that knocks my stuffing out of me cos its a regeime designed by a trainer for my body so it really pushes me to my limit. Normally only fit for the couch after that LOL.

so maybe it was just in my own particular case, I need my exercise points because my exercise is so intense...well for me at my weight its rather intense. its prob nothing to a regular individual.

I just hope i can keep up SOME exercise when im back in college. I actually miss the gym this week as im off exercise due to toothache.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 DublinMember

Is anyone else feeling really hungry today? I think the wet, cold day just makes me want to eat more!! Wolfed lunch down as I was so hungry .. but I think it's going to be a loooooong afternoon!

wow thats really intense! sweat patches are good! you can see that its working right?!

im not a member of the gym, but i do a bootcamp, my wii fit and cycling and walking with my dog...i only just got my excerise book thing from the ww classes (only on my third week) so didn't even know you could use exercise points!

I had a really bad weekend...so im dreading this week weigh in so gonna try be good for the week days!

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Does anyone use the ww tikka masala sauce? its impossible to get anywhere at the moment. Its SOOOOOO nice....i really hope they haven't discontinued it.

I saw it the other day in Superquinn in knocklynn, they have a pretty big selection their for weight watchers foods.

Is anyone else feeling really hungry today? I think the wet, cold day just makes me want to eat more!! Wolfed lunch down as I was so hungry .. but I think it's going to be a loooooong afternoon!

yesterday it was like that here...and all i wanted to do was eat eat eat drink cup after cup after cup of coffee! the weather does impact my mood big time!
    but at least now with the cooler days the salads stuff is staying fresh in the fridge, we were having serious heat in cork last few weeks and it was impossible to keep lettuce fresh.

LOL Lady Lainy! Thought it was just me, but I had extra (black) coffee too this morning just to try and distract me from eating (without consuming points)!

I normally buy those bags of rocket salad, but you're right .. the last few weeks it's gone off as soon as you open it, so I had stopped buying it.

Although I have been makings lots of low/0-point veggie soup now that the weather has changed. I usually would add 100g of potatoes to a huge pot of soup and spread the point over a few days. But I tried making it yesterday without any spud .. and don't find it as filling (or maybe it's just that I'm starving, so it wouldn't have filled me up anyway!). So I think I will go back to the old way .. 100g of spuds with points spread over a few days.

I went waaaaay over my points on Fri night, so I'm on clawback ever since. So I only have 5 points left for the rest of the day .....

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

LOL Lady Lainy! Thought it was just me, but I had extra (black) coffee too this morning just to try and distract me from eating (without consuming points)!

I normally buy those bags of rocket salad, but you're right .. the last few weeks it's gone off as soon as you open it, so I had stopped buying it.

Although I have been makings lots of low/0-point veggie soup now that the weather has changed. I usually would add 100g of potatoes to a huge pot of soup and spread the point over a few days. But I tried making it yesterday without any spud .. and don't find it as filling (or maybe it's just that I'm starving, so it wouldn't have filled me up anyway!). So I think I will go back to the old way .. 100g of spuds with points spread over a few days.
    i had a lge cappuccino this morn,with sugar!!just needed something for a sweet kick!!off work with a sinus infection for a few days so feelin pretty rotten lookin out at rain!!!!hopefully weather will improve but thats not likley!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

dunno what way i wrote that,seems to be in middle of another message!sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

ughh I'm not looking forward to jogging in that rain in a bit :( yesterday I waited all day for it to clear up and it did eventually at 8 o clock so I had to go jogging that late, Jogging at that hour doesn't do me so good. I kept getting stitches so I'm gonna have to just do this in the rain for the next few days :( ahhh

all I want is to just pull back the curtains, get the take away menus out, stick on a DVD and just flake out like I use to when it was horrible out :P

Wow, running .. in that? It's yucky out! I struggle to keep up an exercise if I'm miserable doing it. So for nights like these I need indoor alternative, like running on treadmill at gym, exercise classes, exercise DVD at home, mini-rebounder/step machine at home.

Fair play to you though if you can keep up the running even when it's miserable out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭cat_rant

Hi Guys and Gals,

I haven't posted in a while but been quietly working away none the less. I was 14st 4.5lb when I started and now am 12st 13.5 lb. MY BF started WW again two weeks ago in another class on the same night. The competition for a lower WI each week than my partner is a bit of fun and a good motivator.

I am actually starting to feel really good about my weight loss and am starting to see how my figure is changing. Its a real confidence boost.

Just wanted to share the feel good vibes with everyone.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

do i have to use up the weekly 21 points + exercise points if im on no count!

Im so confused...........

anyone got some ww point safe smoothie recipes? I'm not really a big fruit person....strawberries and bananas is about my smoothie diet when im out and about.

I love "classic banana" from jump juice, but i know thats full of honey.

yipeeeeeeeeeeeee! i dont have to buy bras in the the fat shop anymore! so happy! going to save a fortune! :D just chanced my arm today and picked one up off the shelf, when i got home....it fit PERFECTLY i've lost some of back fat! Thank god i haven't lost it in the boobage yet.

Call me mad, but I was kinda looking forward to getting out for a walk this eve. I don't really mind the rain.

While my fella cooked dinner, I tried to get our 12wk old pups to walk. Not a foot wld they walk in the rain! I gave up after about 200 mtrs as I was tight for time too. They may get used to it!ha!

I was raging with them coz I spent so long trying to coax them along that I didn't have time to bring them back and head back out.

kildareash wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    Hope ur having a relaxing day.
    I made some of the butternut squash and red pepper soup from the ww handbook last night. Just had some for lunch today and it was yum! So easy to prepare too.

Anyone else have other zero point soup recipes they wld like to share?

Just found this thread with soups/stews .. lots of healthy low/no points soups there:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055153920

Particularly like the sound of the brocoli and blue cheese soup .. those Laughing Cow Blue Cheese Light squares could keep this low points too.

Just found this thread with soups/stews .. lots of healthy low/no points soups there:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055153920

Particularly like the sound of the brocoli and blue cheese soup .. those Laughing Cow Blue Cheese Light squares could keep this low points too.

Thanks DublinMember,
    I seen the thread after I posted. Definately going to try a few of those recipies over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

WI- plus half a pound. Am gutted!

Leader says that it's down to my period but I'm still gutted

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭susita06

Hi all!!

WI this morning was down a half pound! I usually WI in the evening so I figure I am probably up one and a half or so but happy out because I am back from my holidays and I wasn't exactly good !!! Back on track fully now though so went for a long walk this afternoon, just 8.5 pounds to goal so really want to get there soon !! Any ways, did any one see the recipe for the spiced chickpeas in the WW magazine? I just made it for lunch there, I changed it slightly because I couldn't find Harissa ( whatever that is ???) in the shop so Just used a teaspoon of chilli powder and a splash of tabasco sauce!! it was really filling and the roasted veggies with it totally made it!!! Definately going to make it again!

• Advertisement

Muirgheal wrote: »
    WI- plus half a pound. Am gutted!

Leader says that it's down to my period but I'm still gutted
    Ah that sucks. What kind of week did you have? Did you eat you less/more than your full allowance? How about activity points, did you earn them/use them ? Many people on here advised me to eat my full points over the week, and use at least half the activity points, so that may have affected you too?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement