Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 DublinMember

susita06 wrote: »
    Hi all!!

WI this morning was down a half pound! I usually WI in the evening so I figure I am probably up one and a half or so but happy out because I am back from my holidays and I wasn't exactly good !!! Back on track fully now though so went for a long walk this afternoon, just 8.5 pounds to goal so really want to get there soon !! Any ways, did any one see the recipe for the spiced chickpeas in the WW magazine? I just made it for lunch there, I changed it slightly because I couldn't find Harissa ( whatever that is ???) in the shop so Just used a teaspoon of chilli powder and a splash of tabasco sauce!! it was really filling and the roasted veggies with it totally made it!!! Definately going to make it again!

Well done :) And great that you're only 8.5 pounds to goal .. keep it up!

Haven't seen the WW mag. What kind of points is the spiced chickpea thing? Sounds nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

Ah that sucks. What kind of week did you have? Did you eat you less/more than your full allowance? How about activity points, did you earn them/use them ? Many people on here advised me to eat my full points over the week, and use at least half the activity points, so that may have affected you too?

I didn't go over points and thought I had a really good week, so I am really gutted.

Had much, much, more activity this week than previously, and I did eat 1/2 of my activity points.

I suppose that my activity is up so much that I may have muscle in there cause I have definitely lost inches.

But still disappointed.

Ah well- new week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Muirgheal wrote: »
    WI- plus half a pound. Am gutted!

Leader says that it's down to my period but I'm still gutted

your probably retaining water from your period. you'll prob show a double loss next week so dont worry too much.

If you know you did well all week, thats going to stand to you. Eating healthy and exercise can do nothing but good things for your body!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭suziemcc

it will pay off for you next week for sure, that happened me my first week becoz it was that time of the month and the following week then i was down 3 pounds so fingers crossed it will be the same for you :)

Muirgheal wrote: »
    I suppose that my activity is up so much that I may have muscle in there cause I have definitely lost inches.

Result! It's not always/only about the weighing scales .. in fact I think fitting into smaller clothes is much more of an incentive! It was probably just water retention, and you'll have a doubly good week next week. Chin up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

Thanks Lady Lainy, Suziemcc & Dublin Member.

It's really really nice to have the sympathetic ears and the support.

Thats what this place is all about! Group therapy as i call it! A place to vent & share :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 wexchick

:confused: can any one explain the activity points to me plz?!?! started ww 2weeks ago, avn't heard bout it!!!

wexchick wrote: »
    :confused: can any one explain the activity points to me plz?!?! started ww 2weeks ago, avn't heard bout it!!!

I think you get the book in week three from your ww leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

Wexchick im in the same boat- I think you get to add some extra points onto your weekly allowance if you exercise but my issue is how do I calculate how many? Is there an online calculator- Im doing no count so can i add on to my 21?

• Advertisement

I use the activity calculator on the ww uk site, but thats in the paid members section. its based on how much you weight, intensity of exercise and how long your work out for. For me i get 4 points for an hour on treadmill at 4.5kph. Not sure how it works with "no count" tho,

http://meganandjack.com/points_calculator.htm

Hope this is of some help, I think the food calculator is based on US ww...but the acitivity calculator is international to all ww

• Registered Users Posts: 27 wexchick

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    http://meganandjack.com/points_calculator.htm

Hope this is of some help, I think the food calculator is based on US ww...but the acitivity calculator is international to all ww

Thanks!!!!:)

Lady lainy any idea if that calculator wants my weight in lbs or kg?

grrr that activity calculator seems to want lbs- which in itself is not a problem- but im doing the couch to 5k so my 30 mins of killing myself 3 times a week is only worth 3 points in total! need to get my rear more in gear!!

doesnt it motivate the hell outa ya tho....the more we move, the more we can eat. the more we'll loose.

But the couch to 5K is really good for you! Activity points are a bonus, and you will feel fab for it reasonably soon, as well as gaining much more points as you are able to run for longer.

I started from nothing with running, and within a year completed a 20km half marathon in 2 hours (a LOT of activity points!), so you have to start somewhere.

Not sure how your particular running plan works, but it shouldn't be pushing so hard it hurts. I guess you're doing a mix of running/walking? If you are struggling with the running sections, then run slower. I've trained lots of non-running friends, and they all run too fast initially, wear themselves out in a matter of minutes, and struggle to complete the 30 mins at all.

If you want more points, then tag 30 mins walking on before/after your run.

Activity points or not ... keep it up .. it's so good for you, and it's brill if you have registered for a fun run as it's a great goal, and a brilliant achievement when you complete it.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭rachums

Im such a eejit! was out with a friend and went to eddie rockets, did not kow they had changed their regular nachos with chicken to SUPER nachos! i didnt eat it all thou...but major bummer! there goes my "good day":(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

rachums wrote: »
    Im such a eejit! was out with a friend and went to eddie rockets, did not kow they had changed their regular nachos with chicken to SUPER nachos! i didnt eat it all thou...but major bummer! there goes my "good day":(

don't worry sure I go to Eddie's every Thursday after my weigh in for a treat. I do have 2 chicken tenders, 2 sliders and garlic fries yummmm I don't even point it because I know its bad and I won't feel guilty then haha its worked for me since I'm still losing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭susita06

Well done :) And great that you're only 8.5 pounds to goal .. keep it up!

Haven't seen the WW mag. What kind of points is the spiced chickpea thing? Sounds nice!

a standard 400g tin of chickpeas is 4.5 points as far as i remember. Then you jut basically roast some baby plum tomatoes and onions for about thirty mins, fry up the chickpeas until they are slightly brown and then add some spice. I couldn't find what the recipe said ( Harrissa) but tabasco sauce and a teaspoon of chilli powder worked perfect for me ! that would definately serve two people! very filling!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭rachums

alpha2010 wrote: »
    don't worry sure I go to Eddie's every Thursday after my weigh in for a treat. I do have 2 chicken tenders, 2 sliders and garlic fries yummmm I don't even point it because I know its bad and I won't feel guilty then haha its worked for me since I'm still losing :P

oh my god i love it! hahaha...i got kfc once and felt really bold :o but its so good!

Slow and steady .. another 1lb down today.

So that's 7 down in total, 14 more to do, so feels good be 1/3 of the way to my goal.

So just 3 more pounds and I'm half way to goal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭susita06

So that's 7 down in total, 14 more to do, so feels good be 1/3 of the way to my goal.

Fair play!!!! you will be there before you know it !!! so you got your first silver seven today?? I think that definately calls for a reward for you!!:)

Well I am absolutely famished, and trying to think which treat I would like the most.

A Blueberry muffin and coffee is topping my list at the moment .. I am definitely having a treat today so that I'm motivated for another week tomorrow!

Oh and my other little purchase was a digital kitchen scales from Argos. Have been using a cr*ppy non-digital one till now, and it makes it hard to be 100% accurate, so this will really help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Well done, DublinMember, that's great news.

Enjoy your treat...it's well deserved :)

Oh and my other little purchase was a digital kitchen scales from Argos. Have been using a cr*ppy non-digital one till now, and it makes it hard to be 100% accurate, so this will really help :)

digital scales are the business alright. you can enjoy things bit more now knowing portions are bang on...

i even weight out my 15g of mayo for my lunch. bit sad really but it keeps me in line. and if it says 60g of pasta...thats what i give my self.

get measuring spoons too, u know like for backing teaspoon, table spoon ect. RELALY handy! i use them for putting olive oil in frying pan.

Have you tried the lighter than light mayo? Really low points!

Good for you!

WW is working for me so far, as I just can't do "diets". And with this it doesn't normally feel like a diet. I just can't do restricted lists of food, would much prefer to eat what I want, which is what WW lets you do.

Like you I do lots of soups and stirfries too as they're often zero points and easy.

But I have also started have friends over at least once a week for dinner since I started doing WW, and they all loved my 3 course dinners with wine (they all ate what I was eating ... none of this cooking separate stuff for me and them!). But I guess it's harder with kids.

Anyway, delighted you've found something that works for you. Keep it up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

got rte guide,ww mag inside,great to see ord people tellin their success stories! ww really does work if u stick to ur points,i did it b4 and im on the way again! if i can loose a lb or 2 every week from now til xmas,sure id be a stone or stone and a half lighter!! we can all achieve this if we put our minds to it!!hip hip hurray for ww!! hhm,sorry got a bit carried away there!WELL DONE TO ALL THAT DONE WELL AT THEIR WI!(mines 2moro,hope i`ll still be so positive!);)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement