Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

Slow and steady .. another 1lb down today.

So that's 7 down in total, 14 more to do, so feels good be 1/3 of the way to my goal.

So just 3 more pounds and I'm half way to goal :)

Well done- I can imagine that feels great!

Louise83 wrote: »
    I found points to be so restrictive! Cooking a dinner for the whole family was difficult when I used WW points as I had to cook separate meals for my son and husband! I’ve recently gone over to the dark side…that’s right…Unislim and to be honest I haven’t looked back! My family enjoys chicken casserole, stir fries and home-made soups and life in the kitchen is so much easier 4me now! I’d recommend it!!! Lost 2stone 2lbs and counting! :) x

Unislim- the dark side- LOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

i've been on weight watchers for NINE months...its not a diet anymore. its just healthy eating :) 38lbs down....hoping for 60 by Christmas! I have set my self two goals. half way mark, then total goal.

Weight in tomorrow. admittingly i've been over eating. but antibiotics are destroying my stomach...so i've been like constanlty starving cos i cant keep anything down!

So fingers crossed for 1lb tomorrow! :D College starts tomorrow too. It'll put in a GREAAAAT mood! Got my hair done, all new make up, and shopping for clothes next week. I got the whole saggy butt thing going on cos my jeans are too big now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 wexchick

WI tomorrow!!! fingers crossed it goes well!!! :o great hearing all the success stories!!! ur all an inspiration!!! ww goin well so far, only 2 wks in n seriously need 2 find my exercise mojo!!!! :(

Wi - scales says up 2lbs, but i did wake up in the middle of the night like 3am gasping with thirst and drank like 2 pints of water so i think its a false weight in if you know what i mean. ah just means next week it'll show a bigger loss :P

i did no exercise this week. sick as a dog from antibiotics for my tooth, cant keep anything down so i was constantly hungry....constantly eating.

Start of a new week today, start of college. I knew the weeks in and around start of college were going to be messy but once i get my schedule down i'll be okay :)

Good luck everyone :) i know alot of ye have thursday WI's :D

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭gaoife

Weight in last night and i was down 1/2 a lb :) was a bit upset at first but then it's a step in the right direction isnt it so i'm happy now. Just gonna take each week as it comes.
    My goals for this week are to eat my 18pts a day without fail!!!!! and to eat half my exercise points on the day that i earn them (que tons of exercise at the weekend so i can enjoy a munch)

Here's to a good week everyone :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

hi all just wondering had anyone pointed nature valley (oats and honey) granola bar? there are 2 fingers in a pack.
    i am just back on w.w after a year in which i ve put every single pound back on :( .
    i cant find my tracker or book but will have a good look later in the meantime if anyone can help. thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I found points to be so restrictive! Cooking a dinner for the whole family was difficult when I used WW points as I had to cook separate meals for my son and husband! I’ve recently gone over to the dark side…that’s right…Unislim and to be honest I haven’t looked back! My family enjoys chicken casserole, stir fries and home-made soups and life in the kitchen is so much easier 4me now! I’d recommend it!!! Lost 2stone 2lbs and counting! :) x

Well done on the weight loss, Louise. I understand what you're saying about cooking seperate dinners. Whatever plan your following won't work if the whole house is part of it.
    The key to succeding at WW or unislim is that it's not a diet but a lifestyle change. It's a change in our mindset.

My OH has a pretty restrictive diet due to a long term illness, but we don't cook seperate dinners. He was concerned when I was starting WW that it wasn't going to suit him as he has to have a low fibre diet, so very little fruit and veg for him and no wholewheat bread or pasta.
    We work around both our needs, because he needs to watch his weight too.

Part of my weight gain this year was because he had to have a high fat diet, because he was very underweight. (We looked like Jack Spratt and his wife!ha!)
    Now he's back to up to a healthy weight, he has to watch that he doesn't get overweight.
    We find it's a balancing act. He can't believe how well he feels since we've cut out alot of the takeaways, convenience food and junk.

Best of luck with the rest of your weight loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 DublinMember

Oh before work this morning I saw Shopping at Home on RTE with some gorgeous men and women success stories from Unislim. It's amazing how losing weight can completely change some peoples' lives! Check it out ;)
    Good for you Louise, sounds like Unislim is really working for you. And you are a great role model for other people on unislim. Maybe you could set up a thread for all the unislim people so you can compare notes and encourage each other?

There are definitely other ways than WW to lose weight, but I find this thread for us WW people really supportive, encouraging and a great place for us to compare notes on the WW plan. I have not come across any other unislim people on this thread, so would be brill for you if you had other unislimmers to chat to about your journey. Go for it girl :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭susita06

hi all just wondering had anyone pointed nature valley (oats and honey) granola bar? there are 2 fingers in a pack.
    i am just back on w.w after a year in which i ve put every single pound back on :( .
    i cant find my tracker or book but will have a good look later in the meantime if anyone can help. thanks :)

th natures valley ones are three points for the two fingers!!! If you want to try a lighter cereal bar the alpen light range are only one point !

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭BlondePrincess

Yay, got my first silver 7!! I joined 3 weeks ago and am soo happy, as I can't believe how quickly the weight comes off when you just focus and stick to the points allowance! Just a quick question though, does anyone know where I can buy WW Mini Pot Swirls? They look really nice! I love Ben and Jerry's but at an average of 33 points per tub, they're outta the question :) These will hafta be the next best thing...haven't seen them in the shops though? :P

• Advertisement

Yay, got my first silver 7!! I joined 3 weeks ago and am soo happy, as I can't believe how quickly the weight comes off when you just focus and stick to the points allowance! Just a quick question though, does anyone know where I can buy WW Mini Pot Swirls? They look really nice! I love Ben and Jerry's but at an average of 33 points per tub, they're outta the question :) These will hafta be the next best thing...haven't seen them in the shops though? :P

I havent seen the pot swirls anywhere but if you looking for something nice try the skinny cow triple chocolate ice creams..... only 1 and a half points and it is about the same size as a magnum!!! totally totally worth it but they are more expensive than other icecreams.... Tesco stock them anyway

Just back from my first day of college and the first day of the rest of my life :D

I been running around all day like a mad woman. didnt even get a chance to have lunch which i know is a big no no! didnt even get carrot cake :(

but hehe decided to have a second weight in just now, and wooopy i'm same as last week, the two lbs of water from this mornings weight in are gone :D

so from last week no change :D delighted! down something would have been better. but with the week of maddness i've had and zero exercise i'm THRILLED! :D

Have my roster for classes infront of me. so just working in excercise sessions. there are a few days where i have 3 hour lunch breaks so going to go for at least an hours walk those days.

i'm doing animal care, so i'm sure there will be a dog or two i can walk :)

Usually i'm really quite with new people, but oh my god, i couldnt shut up today, chatting and swopping numbers making friends. my self confidence is growing. The fact I can see the change in my self is HUGE, cos I'm my own worst enemy. If i'm feeling this good after 2 + 1/2 stone....omg i cant wait till I'm at my goal.

susita06 wrote: »
    I havent seen the pot swirls anywhere but if you looking for something nice try the skinny cow triple chocolate ice creams..... only 1 and a half points and it is about the same size as a magnum!!! totally totally worth it but they are more expensive than other icecreams.... Tesco stock them anyway

Yeah I've had them before, the chocolate one is soo nice, they didn't compromise on flavour for such a low cal treat! I'll just hafta keep an eye out for the Swirls, it'd be nice to have a few options for when I get icecream cravings :)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭rachums

i just had my first day of college too! i was SO nervous!

Yesterday was the hardest day of my weight watchers experience to date! i went on a date with my bf, cinema and the dinner!

In the cimena, although i was dying to get something! i didnt...i was SO upset! so then for dinner i got a chicken fajita, wasnt the greatest so i didnt too too much of it...but gosh a lesson to myself - be prepared for cinema! I meant to bring some chopped pineapple but just totally forgot.

Have my WI today and i really dont think its going to be a minus! just wait and see!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 wexchick

whoop, second wi this morning and down another 2lbs!!! half a stone in 2 weeks!!! i'm thrilled!!!! :D

rachums wrote: »
    i just had my first day of college too! i was SO nervous!

Yesterday was the hardest day of my weight watchers experience to date! i went on a date with my bf, cinema and the dinner!

In the cimena, although i was dying to get something! i didnt...i was SO upset! so then for dinner i got a chicken fajita, wasnt the greatest so i didnt too too much of it...but gosh a lesson to myself - be prepared for cinema! I meant to bring some chopped pineapple but just totally forgot.

Have my WI today and i really dont think its going to be a minus! just wait and see!!

Hey, well done on not succumbing to the cinema food, which can be so tempting, esp the smell of the popcorn! I go to the shop beforehand and take either a bag of snack a jacks (1.5 points) or manhattan popcorn (2.5 points). A bottle of diet Coke or 7up is free, and I wanted something sweet, so bought a roll of Winegums (2.5). This satisfied my need for some munchies in the cinema, and saved a whole lot of points over the cinema food and a whole lot of money (€8.50 for popcorn and a drink wtf??!) !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 sally123

Hi everyone,
    congrats lainey and rachums on getting through your first day at college
    haven't posted for a while though i have been reading, since i was on moaning about my holiday 4lb gain i've managed to lose 2 of them not setting the world on fire but it's better than going up. :D thanks so much Lainey for that recipe for carbonara it was so so so tasty have had it 3 times now and can't wait to have it again the only thing i changed was the rasher i used 3 bacon medallions from Aldi in the belight range, tesco do some similar if i'm not mistaken. This week prob not the best i've ever had have serious pre menstrual munchie though haven't dug in to the choc yet but still exceeding my point allowance

sally123 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    congrats lainey and rachums on getting through your first day at college
    haven't posted for a while though i have been reading, since i was on moaning about my holiday 4lb gain i've managed to lose 2 of them not setting the world on fire but it's better than going up. :D thanks so much Lainey for that recipe for carbonara it was so so so tasty have had it 3 times now and can't wait to have it again the only thing i changed was the rasher i used 3 bacon medallions from Aldi in the belight range, tesco do some similar if i'm not mistaken. This week prob not the best i've ever had have serious pre menstrual munchie though haven't dug in to the choc yet but still exceeding my point allowance

Yeah i use the ham bits from aldi, there are bacon bits which have all the fatty bits on them, but the HAM bits is just pure lean pink ham cubes 75g packet for 1.5pts. its just less hassel than trying to chop up a rasher, and you get alot more meat too for your points valu.

i know cinema food is crazy expensive! and jellies cost a small fortune!

Im down two this week, so nine pounds in four weeks :)

I know its crazy, im happy its off but i cant see were its coming from!

rachums wrote: »
    i know cinema food is crazy expensive! and jellies cost a small fortune!

Im down two this week, so nine pounds in four weeks :)

I know its crazy, im happy its off but i cant see were its coming from!

Congrats!! I know I felt the exact same at the start, for the first two weeks I was convinced I hadnt lost anything and that it was just the difference in clothes etc, and then I was trying to figure out where it went because I couldn't see it yet!

You kinda expect to see a chunk of you missing or like half an ass cheek disappearing!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

okay I'm a bit confused. I stayed the same this week. I knew I had to of lost weight. I was so good this week, prob one of my best ever.. So i was expecting 2 pound at least. last week I lost 3 and didn't put in as much effort anyways my bf done the diet with me as well and tbh I had a feeling he would lost about 6 pound because he is a big lad and we were strict this week .. anyways he weighed himself on the same scales and he was up 1 which is impossible

we both weighed ourselves in Boots where we normally do. I'm confused if its right or not and now I don't know if I lost weight or not :( ughh I'm not making excuses for myself because I really worked my butt off and its gutting to be the same weight :(

susita06 wrote: »
    Congrats!! I know I felt the exact same at the start, for the first two weeks I was convinced I hadnt lost anything and that it was just the difference in clothes etc, and then I was trying to figure out where it went because I couldn't see it yet!

You kinda expect to see a chunk of you missing or like half an ass cheek disappearing!!

yeah exactly ! i cant really noticed it my clothes i dont think....today in the class the leader showed us like 10 blocks of fat and how heavy they are and i was thinking " i have lost nearly that and not blocks that big are missing from me!"

im sorry your disappointed alpha, it can be so disheartening. Is it around your time of month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fatewatchers

Hi folks,

Had WI tonight - was down a pound, so 90lbs (6 stone 6 lb) off so far. I've got to keep going, am 35lbs away from a healthy BMI!

EDIT : Big giant milestone this week - I am officially NO LONGER OBESE! | BMI of 29.8 is MERELY overweight. I have been obese for easily a decade, this was the best news I've had in ages, tis even better than the freak 11lbs weight loss from two weeks ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 K80

PinkChick wrote: »
    Managed to change my name so hopefully no one else will think I am a man who is going shopping for a dress! It's great to realise that other people feel exactly the same way as I do. Had last weigh in on Tuesday and have been good last two days. 1 and 1/2 point under yesterday and 1 over today. Am focusing on Christmas and how good I will feel if I have lost weight so that is keeping me going at the minute.
    i have nearly 4 and half stone lost with ww was very tough at the start but gets easier as you get into it the best thing i have learned is to keep it to routine the body cops on that you are trying to starve it and holds on to what it can so change exercise as often as you can

fatewatchers you rock !!! That is absolutely amazing!

Alpha .. maybe it will show up next week? I know this week I lost 1 even though I had some blowouts and spent the week trying to backtrack! But the previous week I bust a gut undereating (bold!) and running and also lost 1lb .. which considering the effort was disheartening. But it could be a few different things .. it might show next week, maybe it's extra muscle or hormones or water retention. Don't lose heart .. you didn't gain anything, and you have a clean slate to start another week. Just make sure you eat all your points so maybe go easier than last week?

Well done girls .. some great weight loss, really encouraging and motivating to hear how you're all doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

alpha2010 wrote: »
    okay I'm a bit confused. I stayed the same this week. I knew I had to of lost weight. I was so good this week, prob one of my best ever.. So i was expecting 2 pound at least. last week I lost 3 and didn't put in as much effort anyways my bf done the diet with me as well and tbh I had a feeling he would lost about 6 pound because he is a big lad and we were strict this week .. anyways he weighed himself on the same scales and he was up 1 which is impossible

we both weighed ourselves in Boots where we normally do. I'm confused if its right or not and now I don't know if I lost weight or not :( ughh I'm not making excuses for myself because I really worked my butt off and its gutting to be the same weight :(
    no scale,s are the same alpha, did you get weighed at WW? either way dont open that cuboard that you have any goodies for bad days:D;). alpha2010 start of a new week, write down everthing you eat and point it, its amazing how the points add up. plus you did not put up anything ok. i would be thrilled if it happend to me like that, so come on chin up , keep working your butt,

Hi folks,

Had WI tonight - was down a pound, so 90lbs (6 stone 6 lb) off so far. I've got to keep going, am 35lbs away from a healthy BMI!

EDIT : Big giant milestone this week - I am officially NO LONGER OBESE! | BMI of 29.8 is MERELY overweight. I have been obese for easily a decade, this was the best news I've had in ages, tis even better than the freak 11lbs weight loss from two weeks ago!

That is amazing!!! congratulations on getting to such an important milestone!

Well I'm a bit heavier yesterday and today than weigh-in on Wed. Thinking it's cause it's coming up to that time of the month.

Is it common to be about 2lbs heavier in the 2 to 3 days BEFORE your period?

The other thing it could be is that I did pig-out big time after WI on Wed. But I stuck to min points yest and will do min points again today to claw back Wed night (and also to save towards dinner out tomorrow night). But that hasn't helped on the scales yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Hi folks,

Congratulations, fatewatchers, that's fantastic.

Keep up the good work :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement