Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Yeah i use the ham bits from aldi, there are bacon bits which have all the fatty bits on them, but the HAM bits is just pure lean pink ham cubes 75g packet for 1.5pts. its just less hassel than trying to chop up a rasher, and you get alot more meat too for your points valu.

Lady Lainy,
    Did you post this recipe recently? I'd love to try it. Love carbonara :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Wednesdays Girl

Hey all,

Had WI yesterday and I was down 3lbs. I'm really happy because I had put in effort recently. Hopefully it's the start of my new leaf! I've joined a trampolining club and it's really good exercise and so much fun, so I'm hoping that doing that twice a week will really make a difference! Well done everyone on your losses particularly fatewatchers! You must be delighted.

Onwards and downwards! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

down 2lbs yesterday!!! stuck to points most days,little over a couple of days,drank more water than usual! no exercise,on antibiotics for sinus infection so hadn`t energy for anything!:)

Hi folks,

Had WI tonight - was down a pound, so 90lbs (6 stone 6 lb) off so far. I've got to keep going, am 35lbs away from a healthy BMI!

EDIT : Big giant milestone this week - I am officially NO LONGER OBESE! | BMI of 29.8 is MERELY overweight. I have been obese for easily a decade, this was the best news I've had in ages, tis even better than the freak 11lbs weight loss from two weeks ago!
    well done,fair dues to you!!keep it up;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I love Ben and Jerry's but at an average of 33 points per tub
    A pot of ben & jerry weighs about the same as 5 full size magnums, they look deceivingly small and most people tend to eat way more from tubs of ice cream than they would with individual ice cream bars.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

Thanks guys for the encouragement, I'm glad I didn't gain but I'm worried as to what I did wrong in case I do it again.. Last week it was my TOTM and I lost 3 pound maybe it didn't follow through until this week who knows :/

Well I haven't gone off the wagon yet, instead of feeling sorry for myself I done an hour and a half of exercise.. including a half hour of jogging in the rain (well I was half way through my jog when it started raining so I couldn't stop lol)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

cats.life wrote: »
    no scale,s are the same alpha, did you get weighed at WW? either way dont open that cuboard that you have any goodies for bad days:D;). alpha2010 start of a new week, write down everthing you eat and point it, its amazing how the points add up. plus you did not put up anything ok. i would be thrilled if it happend to me like that, so come on chin up , keep working your butt,

No I don't go to WW anymore, I just do it at home :) and Thanks I'm going to work even harder this week :)

I really do need this thread to keep me going because after I get a bad weigh in, I do feel sorry for myself, post my story and then when I get my replies from you guys, it gives me the encouragement to just try again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

kildareash wrote: »
    Lady Lainy,
    Did you post this recipe recently? I'd love to try it. Love carbonara :(

I emailed to recipes to anyone who wanted them :) i have a few ww cook books, so i scan them into the computer when im bored and share the love :D

i LOOOOOOOVE pasta

PM me your email adress if you like and i can send you that carbonara one and few others :D There is no cream or cheese in it so its FANTASTIC!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    I emailed to recipes to anyone who wanted them :) i have a few ww cook books, so i scan them into the computer when im bored and share the love :D

i LOOOOOOOVE pasta

PM me your email adress if you like and i can send you that carbonara one and few others :D There is no cream or cheese in it so its FANTASTIC!

sent you a PM :)

Hey all,

Had WI yesterday and I was down 3lbs. I'm really happy because I had put in effort recently. Hopefully it's the start of my new leaf! I've joined a trampolining club and it's really good exercise and so much fun, so I'm hoping that doing that twice a week will really make a difference! Well done everyone on your losses particularly fatewatchers! You must be delighted.

Onwards and downwards! :)

Thats fantastic! Well done!

I must get my self back on track :D

• Advertisement

still feelin positive!! 80% of this lark is in ur head,if ur heads in the right place,its half the battle!!:Pthese posts are great,at least u know ur not alone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Hello everybody

Hope everyone is well and doing well - im just back from my hols in NYC and i ate for Ireland but in my defence I did walk everywhere - anywho i need to get back on track so any tips would be great.

My WI is on Thurs so im thinking make the soup, walk, walk, walk and track??? Does that sound like a good plan?

My last WI before my hols I stayed the same so I was happy enough with that!!

Anyway sorry about the rant - hope everyone's has a great week;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

JOJOC123 wrote: »
    Hello everybody

Hope everyone is well and doing well - im just back from my hols in NYC and i ate for Ireland but in my defence I did walk everywhere - anywho i need to get back on track so any tips would be great.

My WI is on Thurs so im thinking make the soup, walk, walk, walk and track??? Does that sound like a good plan?

My last WI before my hols I stayed the same so I was happy enough with that!!

Anyway sorry about the rant - hope everyone's has a great week;);)
    you mite not be as bad as you think, if you walked every where you mite be down:eek::D go to the book you got when you started WW the first night, dont deprive yourself of anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mrs.scales

I've started weight watchers and my friends tell me I am wasting my time unless I cut out carbs! I now cut out carbs one or two days a week and find it really helps. BUT BOY THOSE DAYS ARE LONG!!!

what are your thoughts?

since entering Cheffactor, I’ve become obsessed with Cully & Sully products!
    I’m the one with the sushi!! http://www.cheffactor.ie/content/cheffactor-entries (oh come on! I had to give myself a plug!!!)

what i have to say i find amazing is that these guys soups are just 4 points a pop, except for honey carrot and coriander which is a measely 2 points! Yup, just 2 points for the whole carton.
    And their hotpots are 6 points, except for their irish stew which is just 4 points!!
    They are so tasty too and I feel like i’m not even remotely deprived. Even if I add some low fat cheese to my chilli con carne hotpot, or yoghurt to my chicken curry or chicken tikka, I’m still way within my range.
    they have irish stew (4 points), chicken casserole, a braisin beef stew, chicken tikka, chilli con carne and a chicken curry. um...thats my week sorted then smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 28 emmeim

hi everyone

I've been reading this thread for the past 2 months. Well done on all your losses!

Just joining on now as I think posting will help me along. My weigh in is tomorrow but I missed last week as I was away so will be happy if I stay the same or even put on 1lb. I'm 2 months on weight watchers today and have lost 12 1/2 lbs. I'm about 3/4 of a stone away now from my pre-pregnancy weight. and then I'd love another 1.5 stones gone!

mrs scales - You defo don't have to cut out carbs, I have carbs every day, with every meal! and I've still lost every week. Maybe you will see a quicker loss by cutting out carbs but I wouldn't be able to stick to it! Love the Cully & Sully soups too...Yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SAexpat

Hi all, have started following ww plan since last week Thurs. class times are awkward for me so going to try and do it alone! I was a member in the past so have all the plans etc. Think this forum will help a lot! I have not heard of the Cully and sully range, are they readily avail in tesco/dunnes?
    Good luck to all...

• Registered Users Posts: 27 wexchick

oh god such a bad bad bad few days :( just can't stop eating!!!! ere tryin 2 get myself back on track......out for a 5km walk in d rain!!!!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Wednesdays Girl

mrs.scales wrote: »
    I've started weight watchers and my friends tell me I am wasting my time unless I cut out carbs! I now cut out carbs one or two days a week and find it really helps. BUT BOY THOSE DAYS ARE LONG!!!

what are your thoughts?

I haven't cut carbs out, having said that, I didn't eat masses of carbs before WW. I'd still have 2 slices of brown bread for breakfast or a sanwich for lunch or pasta for dinner or maybe 2 out of the 3. I'm just more careful about the type of carbs I have. So for example, I rarely have a large or medium bread roll because I know how high they are and I really don't miss them at all because a sandwich is just as fillling. I still eat pasta and other carb sources. It's important to remember that your body needs carbohydrates as much as anything else. I also find I'm very low on energy if I don't have some carbs during the day - it's just about making them stretch :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Moodiecow82

Weighed myself this morning and down 2lbs after my first week. So thrilled with myself whoo hoo :D

This time i seemed to really stick with it and think it was making sure i had something different every day for brekkie, lunch and dinner as i had been eating more or less the same thing every day which obviously got very boring. Also doing a big shop at the start of the week and having the fridge stocked with plenty of fresh fruit and veg and yoghurts really helped. I havent tried the Cully and Scully stuff yet but sound really good (and handy!). Loggin on and reading all your posts really helped me too its good to know your not on your own and all the great advice and tips are brilliant. Best of luck to all this week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Well done, Moodiecow, that's brilliant :)

Just wondering if anyone seen the chocolate cake recipe in the supplement in the RTE guide this week.
    One of the ingredients is polenta or cornmeal...now I am a baking novice, but I scoured two supermarkets last week looking for either and I can't find them.:confused:
    Any idea what section they'd even be in??
    I've gone mad into baking and cooking things from scratch in the last few weeks...:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

kildareash wrote: »
    Well done, Moodiecow, that's brilliant :)

Just wondering if anyone seen the chocolate cake recipe in the supplement in the RTE guide this week.
    One of the ingredients is polenta or cornmeal...now I am a baking novice, but I scoured two supermarkets last week looking for either and I can't find them.:confused:
    Any idea what section they'd even be in??
    I've gone mad into baking and cooking things from scratch in the last few weeks...:eek:
    Hi Kildareash, it is also called maize (mostly here in Ireland) if you are having trouble finding it in a supermarket try a health food shop, or in the health section of the supermarket, i doublt it would be in the baking section.
    Good luck baking the cake, I seen it and it looks yummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭susita06

Hey Everybody!!!

Mrs scales, There is no need to cut out carbs at all.... really if I had
    to cut them out I would have failed miserably at WW. I have carbs at least three times a day (usually) and I have lost 6 stone. I just try to make good choices with what I eat for example instead of using white/brown bread for a sandwich I use the Dunnes own brand better for you bread which is only half a point per slice( and tastes better than the WW bread!).

Moodiecow, well done keep it up, you have it all gone before you know it :)

Have my own WI tomorrow, its my last one before I am back to college so it is really really important to me, I want to go in to college feeling amazing, I had that feeling last year with 3 stone gone so hopefully same this year! Been sticking to points, exercising most days and drinking loads of water so fingers crossed!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭rachums

bad start to the week, had my first day of college today and think i have a sinus infection. feel pretty rough! ww thinking is gone out the window

First full day in college today!

and you know what I am so tired I cant even think about food,

Breakie was Oatmeal 1.5pt + milk 1.5 pt + skinny mocha 1.5pt
    Total = 4.5pts

Lunch was a chicken and salad wrap with water at lunch, it was full fat mayo. but hey...everyone else around was earing wedges and sausages so i think did damn good!

had a large skinny Irish cream latte + english muffin after college, I know Large Skinny Latte is about 2pts, not sure about the flavoured ones. English muffins are about 2pts as well.

Dinner, i had 2.5pts worth of minute steak which is about 150g Did that with 2 scrambled eggs, and 2 slices of toast and made steak and salad sandwich with light mayo.

steak 2.5 + bread 2.5 + mayo 1.5 + 2 eggs 3 = 9.5pt

If I cant point things exactly just going to eat as healthy as I can.

Hopeing to get a treadmill for the house in the next few days, so at least i can do maybe 30 mins a day on that,

Also got one of the designer metal water bottles to keep my self drinking water while in college! its a litre bottle, so 2 fills a day.

Aiming for 1.5lbs a week from now on.

were you going to college?!

Im in ucd! i think they should have a ww class there!

St johns central college in cork city

On wednesday im taking in a little travel kettle to keep in my locker, so i can have my delicious low point coffees

Nescafe Skinny Mocha, 1.5pt each, and in winter can bring in sachets of soup :D
    Good on the pocket good on points!

i wanna get like 18lbs off by christmas,

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭susita06

rachums wrote: »
    bad start to the week, had my first day of college today and think i have a sinus infection. feel pretty rough! ww thinking is gone out the window

Hope you feel better soon, nothing worse than feeling like S*** and trying to stay on track! Only advise I can give you is drink loads of water, don't go hugely over board, but if you do dont worry too much about it , we ALL have horrible days/weeks/months like this !!

thanks very much! i love the water so it isnt too hard to drink it loads!

I started a course in midwifery and im generally so excited at the moment so cant wait to get rid of this thing and start enjoying it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mrs.scales

susita06 wrote: »

Mrs scales, There is no need to cut out carbs at all.... really if I had
    to cut them out I would have failed miserably at WW. I have carbs at least three times a day (usually) and I have lost 6 stone. I just try to make good choices with what I eat for example instead of using white/brown bread for a sandwich I use the Dunnes own brand better for you bread which is only half a point per slice( and tastes better than the WW bread!).

Thank you Susita, especially for the tip on dunnes own brand better for you bread!! Just realised those hotpots are closer to 8 points but thats for a meal like. (2 points per 100gram)

Is 8 points alot for a meal? I am full after them and they have meat and veg and some carbs to keep me going.

• Advertisement

mrs.scales wrote: »
    Thank you Susita, especially for the tip on dunnes own brand better for you bread!! Just realised those hotpots are closer to 8 points but thats for a meal like. (2 points per 100gram)

Is 8 points alot for a meal? I am full after them and they have meat and veg and some carbs to keep me going.

My dinner every night is at least 10 points! EVERY NIGHT!

I've going on 40lbs lost with ww...i am a carb queen! I live on pasta and rice, its just a matter of choosing what you with them carefully, Light sauces, Lean meats. and do go for whole grain if and when you can, points wise doesnt make a difference, but its always going to be better for you to go for the healthiest possible carbs :)

So far so good....having a really good week. i did hop on the scales this morning (bold i know) just to make sure my little mini splurge yesterday in town on coffee and english muffins didnt do any serious damage....and i was DOWN 2.2lbs from last thursdsy weigh in! so only two more days till my official weigh in for this week...omg that would just be the icing on the cake if i lost 2lbs in my first week of college. that would really give me the confidence to say YES I bloody can keep this up while in college. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement